10+ Year Old Account
    Reading today's new posts made me realize how much I don't know about TES lore. And how little of Skyrim I have actually played, despite already clocking 350 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    What are some good mods? I just got Skyrim for the PC and I'd like some that you guys think are "required." Anything that improves performance or makes it look prettier would be nice too.
    There are soooo many. Unfortunately Skyrim Nexus is blocked on my work computer, but I'll list off some of my favorites from memory. You should be able to find all of these on skyrim.nexusmods.com

Alternate Start - Let's you start the game with a different backstory than being captured.
    SkyUI - Improves the UI/menus, requires SKSE to run.
    UNP - This is a body mod that improves female bodies in the game. You can have nude females if you want I guess, but I prefer the version that uses underwear.
    RaceMenu - This is relatively new but is a replacement for the normal showracemenu (character creation menu). It allows you more control, such as controlling your height, bicep size, buttocks, breast, any skin tone, etc.
    A Quality World Map - Gives you a better world map.
    ApachiiSkyHair - Adds more hairstyles.
    Skyrim HD - Adds 2k resolution textures, worth it if you have a good computer.
    Ultimate Follower Mod - Improves followers, including allowing multiple followers.
    Dance of Death - Let's you tweak the killmove settings. Glamorous, brutal combat~!
    No More Blocky Faces - Improves the head mesh to make it less...blocky with facial features.
    WARZONES: Civil Unrest - Adds multiple warzones throughout the world, Imperials vs Stormcloaks. Makes it feel a lot more like there is actually a civil war going on.
    Bandolier - Let's you craft equippable rucksacks/bags that let you increase your carry weight. Does not break immersion as it literally shows the bags on your sides, back, etc.
    FNIS - This is an extensive mod that let's you manage replacing/adding animations to the game. On it's own it doesn't add much, but is required for most if not all animation mods you find. What animation mods you get is up to you, but I really like Pretty Combat Idles for my female character.

Um yeah that's all I can think of. There are so many freaking mods that you'll just have to explore. If you plan on modding extensively, DEFINITELY get the Nexus Mod Manager tool from skyrim.nexusmods.com. It gives you a clean UI you can use to add, activate and deactivate mods.

SkyUI is great, you do need the SKSE as aikoyamamato mentioned
    The texture mod is nice too although be warned, it's a hefty mod (over 2GB)
    I also like the lighting mod (can't access Nexus at the moment to say what it is for sure).

You don't really want the texture and lighting mods if you computer isn't up to snuff though, it can provide quite a hit on performance.

Another one I use is one that makes the female faces a bit better. I find the vanilla ones pretty darn ugly. And then some others that I use are mostly armor mods such as the game of thrones armor one.

Oh and I also use the unofficial patch mods for both skyrim and the dawn guard expansion

Deleted
    Has anyone figured out how to make enemies and NPCs in general use new spells(like Apocalypse spell package)? It's not very immersive if Im the only one uses them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to make enemies and NPCs in general use new spells(like Apocalypse spell package)? It's not very immersive if Im the only one uses them.
    Unless the mod specifically states that the spells are added to NPCs, the only thing you can really do is run the Creation Kit and add the spells manually to the NPC's spell lists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Unless the mod specifically states that the spells are added to NPCs, the only thing you can really do is run the Creation Kit and add the spells manually to the NPC's spell lists.
    Nah, it doesnt but theres a short description to do that using some other mod and I was afraid that it might come to that. Im tooooo lazy.. besides, then it wouldnt be a surprise. These spells work better with combos (like freeze, then shatter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it doesnt but theres a short description to do that using some other mod and I was afraid that it might come to that. Im tooooo lazy.. besides, then it wouldnt be a surprise. These spells work better with combos (like freeze, then shatter).
    Lol I know the feeling. I got the Paladin spell pack for my Vigilant of Stendarr, Paladin-like character and it felt so out of place being the only one using them. I started fiddling around with the creation kit and figured out how to it it, but decided I was way too lazy to do it. I hope someone releases a script or something that does it for us.

Deleted
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18436

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Yea I know about that, it was there under the suggestions too about making enemies use the spells but I havent got a clue what to do with it. I was expecting more along the lines of download, drag under the data folder, enable from launcher and set Well, minor customization wouldnt kill me either I guess. But making the scripts myself? Not going to happen unfortunately..

Deleted
    Will upcoming DLC reveal more about the Dragonborn? or more about more about the tensions left from the great war?
    Well what I'm trying to say is what are your ideas on upcoming DLC I hope they have to do more with connecting the Dragonborn with the Empire ... maybe even becoming the emperor himself? or who knows maybe we'll find out that the Dragonborn is Talos? what are your thoughts?
    Just read that post and I was like "WTF why have I not thought about the possibility that the Dragonborn is in fact TALOS"

You know kinda like the Nerevarine was Indoril Nerevar reborn. What if the Dovakhiin we play is the Avatar of Talos or shit even Talos himself?

We know that Tiber Septim is now the god Talos and maybe he foresaw the return of Alduin or Akatosh told him about it. So he decided to return to Nirn to defend his Skyrim. Much like Akatosh fought against Mehrunes Dagon.

A big hint could be that the Greybeards call the Dragonborn "Ysmir". Talos was also know as "Ysmir - Dragon of the North". Why do they call our Dovakhiin with the title of Tiber Septim?

So I bet on a DLC in which our Dragonborn discovers that he indeed is Talos reborn or a Avatar of him. The Nerevarine did not know about that either and Nerevar was some sort of god among the Dunmer much like Talos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I know about that, it was there under the suggestions too about making enemies use the spells but I havent got a clue what to do with it. I was expecting more along the lines of download, drag under the data folder, enable from launcher and set Well, minor customization wouldnt kill me either I guess. But making the scripts myself? Not going to happen unfortunately..
    Huh?

Download ASIS, follow readme. Open patcher, check the box "Make NPC use new spells", run patcher. Tada. NPC now shoots crazy stuffs at you rather htan just backpedaling with Flames and ... that Ice one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Huh?

Download ASIS, follow readme. Open patcher, check the box "Make NPC use new spells", run patcher. Tada. NPC now shoots crazy stuffs at you rather htan just backpedaling with Flames and ... that Ice one.
    Really? I guess I was expecting having to change their AI, scripts, mana (so they'd have enough) etc. Going to give it a try then.. but I guess they still wont use the spells effectively or use combos. Spamming the dots or debuffs on me would make them rather weak..:P But lets see what happens..

Doesn't seem to work though. I riled up the college:P But they still only cast apprentice and novice vanilla spells only..
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-01-11 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I guess I was expecting having to change their AI, scripts, mana (so they'd have enough) etc. Going to give it a try then.. but I guess they still wont use the spells effectively or use combos. Spamming the dots or debuffs on me would make them rather weak..:P But lets see what happens..

Doesn't seem to work though. I riled up the college:P But they still only cast apprentice and novice vanilla spells only..
    Do you use Skyre still? ASIS' Automatic Spells does not work with Skyre - Enemies.esp (it does work with Apocalypse) - that causes ASIS to fail to generate the proper plugin. You can see the list of plugins that don't work with ASIS (called exclusions) in the ASIS.ini file. It's one of my biggest reason for staying away from SkyRE, too much incompatibility with others, and is only good if you use Skyre and only the complete Skyre.

Deleted
    Do you use Skyre still? ASIS' Automatic Spells does not work with Skyre - Enemies.esp (it does work with Apocalypse) - that causes ASIS to fail to generate the proper plugin. You can see the list of plugins that don't work with ASIS (called exclusions) in the ASIS.ini file. It's one of my biggest reason for staying away from SkyRE, too much incompatibility with others, and is only good if you use Skyre and only the complete Skyre.
    Really? I tried it without the enemy mod too.. even rerun the patcher. No change. Cant fully uninstall Skyre because it will crash without the main module. Still, I guess I just have to live with it or wait for a Skyre compatibility mod. Doubt the enemies can actually use the new spells intelligently anyway and they work just fine (although some are slightly OP and scale too well) for me.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-01-11 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how this slipped my radar, with all the endorsements...I watch mods pretty closely, or so I thought!
    Thanks for this, I've been playing around and while it seems to conflict with some mods I was able to get it working with Wrye Bash.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post

We know that Tiber Septim is now the god Talos and maybe he foresaw the return of Alduin or Akatosh told him about it. So he decided to return to Nirn to defend his Skyrim. Much like Akatosh fought against Mehrunes Dagon.

A big hint could be that the Greybeards call the Dragonborn "Ysmir". Talos was also know as "Ysmir - Dragon of the North". Why do they call our Dovakhiin with the title of Tiber Septim?
    Never noticed that before, interesting theory.

Deleted
    Nice find.. although this will be the final game changing mod for me! Only updates and cosmetic ones from now on:P If I have to start over one more time, I dont know what I'll do:P

I set it to 0.1 exposure though for best immersion as I use 3x timescale and it doesn't make any sense when a nord freezes to death in slightly chilly weather in 20 minutes.. besides, I just want it for immersion not to be a distraction and hinderance all the time.

I still feeling Im missing something...

Does anyone know a good mod thats customizable and makes stuff take time? For example training per skill rank takes 1 hour or more, smithing items takes time, making potions etc. even eating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know a good mod thats customizable and makes stuff take time? For example training per skill rank takes 1 hour or more, smithing items takes time, making potions etc. even eating.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16195
    I considered it, but two issues - 1) it hasn't been updated for a long time 2) it's good for the occasional crafting, but if you want your skills to increase at any reasonable rate, it'll take months of in-game time. 6 hours to cook food or make potions. Not customizable.

This is something else you might be interested in, from the same author:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17559

Personally, I just use the wait function. My character is currently working in Riverwood at the sawmill and learning how to craft stuffs from Alvor. 4-6 hours for smithing seems reasonable, so I usually craft a couple of things (after using the wood chopping money to buy the ores from him) and it's night time. As for reading, I wait an hour for every 3 books that I read.

Deleted
    This is something else you might be interested in, from the same author:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17559

Personally, I just use the wait function. My character is currently working in Riverwood at the sawmill and learning how to craft stuffs from Alvor. 4-6 hours for smithing seems reasonable, so I usually craft a couple of things (after using the wood chopping money to buy the ores from him) and it's night time. As for reading, I wait an hour for every 3 books that I read.
    Good find, thanks! And yea, I actually did try that mod when I bought Skyrim soon after it came out. The times there are way too long. I use wait too at the moment and trying to guess how long this or that would take, like training 1 hour per skill, making potions 1 hour per type (cause you can make an entire cauldron, it would be stupid to boil and prepare each vial) and so on.

But I wish someone made that mod to be honest. There are mods that make you fatter or thinner based on calories in food you eat so this seems like a huge overlook.