1. #6601
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    240
    I did revert to old saves after i checked 10 and 30 and 45 days so that way the timer never reset . So idk whats wrong... do i need to clear out the whole mine or should that not matter? The color is back on the ore vein it just wont let me mine it.
    Last edited by jermo22; 2013-01-13 at 10:04 PM.

  2. #6602
    Stood in the Fire raist474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Just read that post and I was like "WTF why have I not thought about the possibility that the Dragonborn is in fact TALOS"

    You know kinda like the Nerevarine was Indoril Nerevar reborn. What if the Dovakhiin we play is the Avatar of Talos or shit even Talos himself?

    We know that Tiber Septim is now the god Talos and maybe he foresaw the return of Alduin or Akatosh told him about it. So he decided to return to Nirn to defend his Skyrim. Much like Akatosh fought against Mehrunes Dagon.

    A big hint could be that the Greybeards call the Dragonborn "Ysmir". Talos was also know as "Ysmir - Dragon of the North". Why do they call our Dovakhiin with the title of Tiber Septim?

    So I bet on a DLC in which our Dragonborn discovers that he indeed is Talos reborn or a Avatar of him. The Nerevarine did not know about that either and Nerevar was some sort of god among the Dunmer much like Talos.
    I could sort of see that. Its the only way the Thalmor have a chance of destroying him and fulfilling their long term goals, as well as a guaranteed way to revitalize the Empire. He's already more influential than most beings of his power.

  3. #6603
    I don't know about the other game but it seems that in each game your character is waaaay more than meets the eye. I don't know if the Nerevarine storyarc was the main one for Morrowind but in Oblivion, the Champion of Cyrodiil ended up becoming Sheogorath himself which wasn't even directly part of the Oblivion main quest. Similarly I can see the Dragonborn "ascending" once again after you find out that your character truly is Talos and that would completely obliterate the White-Gold Concordat especially for the Nords.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  4. #6604
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Just read that post and I was like "WTF why have I not thought about the possibility that the Dragonborn is in fact TALOS"

    You know kinda like the Nerevarine was Indoril Nerevar reborn. What if the Dovakhiin we play is the Avatar of Talos or shit even Talos himself?

    We know that Tiber Septim is now the god Talos and maybe he foresaw the return of Alduin or Akatosh told him about it. So he decided to return to Nirn to defend his Skyrim. Much like Akatosh fought against Mehrunes Dagon.

    A big hint could be that the Greybeards call the Dragonborn "Ysmir". Talos was also know as "Ysmir - Dragon of the North". Why do they call our Dovakhiin with the title of Tiber Septim?

    So I bet on a DLC in which our Dragonborn discovers that he indeed is Talos reborn or a Avatar of him. The Nerevarine did not know about that either and Nerevar was some sort of god among the Dunmer much like Talos.
    Dragonborn DLC has already been out for over a month, just not for PC. So I doubt thats the case. I havent read about whats going to happen in detail there so I wouldnt spoil it for myself when I get it but.. Im pretty sure its about killing some old draugr dragonborn and has nothing to do with Talos or Thalmor. Also, Ysmir is just a title for dragonborns, I think but in any case, the graybeards don't know anything about that so it doesn't matter what they call you.

    So if anything is going to be revealed, it's going to be either in some upcoming DLCs or in a next game. However, I don't think your character is Talos for too many reasons. 1. Thalmor vs Empire war - I just don't see it happening in Skyrim and it is unlikely they make a large enough DLC for it. 2. If the war is going to be in TES 6, your old character would be history and I doubt they let you play a (new) dragonborn again 3. Divines don't intervene, daedra do, they might not even be "real"(in the TES universe). Nerevarine wasn't a god but Vivecs friend or something like that who remained loyal to Azura so she brought him back and created the prophesy to put the Tribunal in their place for playing god.

  5. #6605
    Stood in the Fire raist474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't know about the other game but it seems that in each game your character is waaaay more than meets the eye. I don't know if the Nerevarine storyarc was the main one for Morrowind but in Oblivion, the Champion of Cyrodiil ended up becoming Sheogorath himself which wasn't even directly part of the Oblivion main quest. Similarly I can see the Dragonborn "ascending" once again after you find out that your character truly is Talos and that would completely obliterate the White-Gold Concordat especially for the Nords.
    Talos could at any moment wipe out the Dominion if he chose to just as effortlessly as he "retconned" the Rainforests of Cyrodiil. He's just like Vivec, so he can't be truly killed unless he does it himself.

    Just because you have "cheat codes" doesn't mean you have to use them, neither does Talos or Vivec have to.
    Last edited by raist474; 2013-01-14 at 06:57 AM.

  6. #6606
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Dragonborn DLC has already been out for over a month, just not for PC. So I doubt thats the case. I havent read about whats going to happen in detail there so I wouldnt spoil it for myself when I get it but.. Im pretty sure its about killing some old draugr dragonborn and has nothing to do with Talos or Thalmor. Also, Ysmir is just a title for dragonborns, I think but in any case, the graybeards don't know anything about that so it doesn't matter what they call you.

    So if anything is going to be revealed, it's going to be either in some upcoming DLCs or in a next game. However, I don't think your character is Talos for too many reasons. 1. Thalmor vs Empire war - I just don't see it happening in Skyrim and it is unlikely they make a large enough DLC for it. 2. If the war is going to be in TES 6, your old character would be history and I doubt they let you play a (new) dragonborn again 3. Divines don't intervene, daedra do, they might not even be "real"(in the TES universe). Nerevarine wasn't a god but Vivecs friend or something like that who remained loyal to Azura so she brought him back and created the prophesy to put the Tribunal in their place for playing god.
    I know that the Dragonborn DLC is about killing Miraak (the first Dragonborn) as I already play it since 1 month I meant the DLC after that one.

    Wouldn´t it be perfect? The Thalmor want to forbid Talos worship and our Dragonborn is Talos? That could be an interesting situation.

    Mabye they would want to kill him once they discover it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    I could sort of see that. Its the only way the Thalmor have a chance of destroying him and fulfilling their long term goals, as well as a guaranteed way to revitalize the Empire. He's already more influential than most beings of his power.
    Yeah that would make an interesting plot. The Thalmor would definately want to defeat him or banish him back or something.

    Talos on the other hand would not be too amused about the fact that they want to forbid the worship of him so he prolly wants to teach them a lession.

    He cannot die after all much like Vivec because they both are gods. I still think that Vivec is out there somewhere.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-01-14 at 08:56 AM.

  7. #6607
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I know that the Dragonborn DLC is about killing Miraak (the first Dragonborn) as I already play it since 1 month I meant the DLC after that one.

    Wouldn´t it be perfect? The Thalmor want to forbid Talos worship and our Dragonborn is Talos? That could be an interesting situation.

    Mabye they would want to kill him once they discover it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:56 AM ----------


    Yeah that would make an interesting plot. The Thalmor would definately want to defeat him or banish him back or something.

    Talos on the other hand would not be too amused about the fact that they want to forbid the worship of him so he prolly wants to teach them a lession.

    He cannot die after all much like Vivec because they both are gods. I still think that Vivec is out there somewhere.
    Your character in Skyrim is not Talos. There are just too many reasons why he/she can't be. The dragonborn "gift" comes from Akatosh, not Talos, not only that but Talos would know if he is Talos. Would be kinda stupid to wipe your own memory and all skills so you could be killed by random bandits and wolves? Nerevarine didn't know about it because it was all Azura's doing, Nerever wasn't a god, he was just some dark elf who stayed loyal to Azura before she started .. intervening. The player didn't become a god in Morrowind either, just immortal (as in didn't age) and quite powerful.

  8. #6608
    Mechagnome Khraine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Todmorden, UK
    Posts
    613
    I've got a problem, Dark brotherhood questline. I do the first 3 contracts and the keeper is not at the sanctuary when i arrive back. could it be a mod causing the problem? Tbh i've never ran into that before, i ended up going back to and older save and killing astrid, hours wastedtrying to find a fix but it kept happening. Hate it when bugs happen.
    Last edited by Khraine; 2013-01-14 at 01:31 PM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

  9. #6609
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Your character in Skyrim is not Talos. There are just too many reasons why he/she can't be. The dragonborn "gift" comes from Akatosh, not Talos, not only that but Talos would know if he is Talos. Would be kinda stupid to wipe your own memory and all skills so you could be killed by random bandits and wolves? Nerevarine didn't know about it because it was all Azura's doing, Nerever wasn't a god, he was just some dark elf who stayed loyal to Azura before she started .. intervening. The player didn't become a god in Morrowind either, just immortal (as in didn't age) and quite powerful.
    Well at-least it was nice to cause a bit of discussion and to read a few posts that did not consist of that generic "Which mod is good?" "Mod xy is so nice" "Mods, mods, mods" and so on.

    I was kinda tired of only reading about mods so I thought someone needs to bring in some lore and speculation.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-01-14 at 02:02 PM.

  10. #6610
    Stood in the Fire raist474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post

    Yeah that would make an interesting plot. The Thalmor would definately want to defeat him or banish him back or something.

    Talos on the other hand would not be too amused about the fact that they want to forbid the worship of him so he prolly wants to teach them a lession.

    He cannot die after all much like Vivec because they both are gods. I still think that Vivec is out there somewhere.
    They want to destroy all vestiges of mankind, Banning worship of Talos is the first step in the Human genocide, because they can't destroy the pillars of reality to end their current existence with the mankind around in any form

    Stuff from Developer Micheal Kirkblade on the Imperial library:

    [B]What appears to be an Altmeri commentary on Talos:[/B]

    To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

    To achieve this goal, we must:

    1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

    2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

    3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once traveled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.


    The majority of the Skyrim plot was engineered by the Thalmor as the first step to achieve this and weaken humanity.
    Last edited by raist474; 2013-01-14 at 03:43 PM.

  11. #6611
    That explains why the Imperials aren´t that happy about the Stormcloak rebellion and the "murder" of Torygg. The civil war only weakens humanity and allows the Thalmor to exploit that.

    I still think that it was reckless and without foresight what Ulfric did. He just wanted to become the new high king. If you meet him in Sovngarde after you killed him he even says that he was acting false and without thinking about the possibilities of his actions.

    Thats why I usually join the Imperials and not the Stormcloaks. Ulfric is a big dick to be honest. This war weakened both the Nord and the Imperials and could allow the Thalmor to defeat them in this weakened state.

  12. #6612
    Can you meet Tullius in Sovngarde too? I know Ulfric isn't the best option but the empire is not what it used to be either. I guess not since he isn't a nord..

    And now back to mods In all seriousness though, I miss Shivering Isles. Politics and the serious parts are all well and good but it would be amazing if someone adapted it for Skyrim. Improved graphics and mechanics and all. It's fairly stand alone so shouldnt be a problem. Even the RP part could be easy (Sheo comes to you in a dream if you sleep in the Pelagius wing and let you relive how he/she became the madgod or whatever). I'd even pay full DLC price for it if Bethesda did it themselves:P
    Last edited by Lizbeth; 2013-01-14 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #6613
    I just can't stand to side with the empire after killing the emperor...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  14. #6614
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I just can't stand to side with the empire after killing the emperor...
    It was just business, and he was expecting it anyway.
    Doing it AFTER killing him would be interesting... who are you swearing loyalty to

  15. #6615
    Titan Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    13,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    That explains why the Imperials aren´t that happy about the Stormcloak rebellion and the "murder" of Torygg. The civil war only weakens humanity and allows the Thalmor to exploit that.

    I still think that it was reckless and without foresight what Ulfric did. He just wanted to become the new high king. If you meet him in Sovngarde after you killed him he even says that he was acting false and without thinking about the possibilities of his actions.

    Thats why I usually join the Imperials and not the Stormcloaks. Ulfric is a big dick to be honest. This war weakened both the Nord and the Imperials and could allow the Thalmor to defeat them in this weakened state.
    To be honest at the start of the game I wanted to side with Ulfric. I mean, it felt to me like the nords were opressed and their traditions were bring wiped out by invaders and all they wanted was freedom.

    However, as I went through the game, I found that is really not true. While they say they are opressed, the Stormcloaks treat any non-nord (generally non-human and redguards mostly, the other humans can sort of blend in) like crap if they themselves want to keep their traditions. There are a few who manage to raise themselves up, but that's because they abandoned everything they knew. Furthermore, Ulfric is a dick. As Torygg's mate, forgat her name said, he might have sided with him if Ulfric had tried to talk with him first, and quite a few other npcs say that. So Ulfric didn't try to talk even with him... If these factors would not have existed I would have chosen the Stormcloaks to win, but with these in mind I can't put Ulfric on the throne for he's a person with a lust for power, he only wants more power and treats others as he doesn't want his kind to be treated, kind of hypocritical by my standards, and as such he can't remain even a thane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Can you meet Tullius in Sovngarde too? I know Ulfric isn't the best option but the empire is not what it used to be either. I guess not since he isn't a nord..

    And now back to mods In all seriousness though, I miss Shivering Isles. Politics and the serious parts are all well and good but it would be amazing if someone adapted it for Skyrim. Improved graphics and mechanics and all. It's fairly stand alone so shouldnt be a problem. Even the RP part could be easy (Sheo comes to you in a dream if you sleep in the Pelagius wing and let you relive how he/she became the madgod or whatever). I'd even pay full DLC price for it if Bethesda did it themselves:P
    I'm not sure, but think you can meet the second in command, what was her name, Rikke? The lady. She's a nord, and she actually secretly worships Talos still.

  16. #6616
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I still think that Vivec is out there somewhere.
    Vivec lost powers when heart was destroyed. I think I was reading somewhere that he was snatched by daedra during the crysis.

  17. #6617
    Stood in the Fire raist474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Vivec lost powers when heart was destroyed. I think I was reading somewhere that he was snatched by daedra during the crysis.
    Yes and no. For one, he's CHIM, he doesn't need the Heart anyways.

    Its sorta implied he used the Nerevarine's actions as an excuse to leave Morrowind and his responsibilities. And I honestly doubt Daedra can do anything with him. He made a fool of Mehrunes Dagon, and Azura, something not even Almalexia and Sotha Sil never come close to doing even at the height of their power.

  18. #6618
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Yes and no. For one, he's CHIM, he doesn't need the Heart anyways.

    Its sorta implied he used the Nerevarine's actions as an excuse to leave Morrowind and his responsibilities. And I honestly doubt Daedra can do anything with him. He made a fool of Mehrunes Dagon, and Azura, something not even Almalexia and Sotha Sil never come close to doing even at the height of their power.
    Yeah I read that too on the TES wiki.

    "Eventually, the Nerevarine successfully severed the divine connection and released the heart. Vivec's divine power no longer exists. Vivec plans to use this to reorganize the Temple, and consolidate the different factions of the Temple."

    So I'm pretty sure that he either left Morrowind or is still there or something.

  19. #6619
    So I started playing Skyrim again a little while back and I was curious, does anyone know of any particularly good creature/animal retexture packs or 2048~4096 texture packs worth recommending for them?

    I've got most everything else looking as nice as I can, but any notable mods to pick up would be interesting:



    The bear in this one looks ~ok~, but it's the kind of thing I'd like to have improved further:


  20. #6620
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I read that too on the TES wiki.

    "Eventually, the Nerevarine successfully severed the divine connection and released the heart. Vivec's divine power no longer exists. Vivec plans to use this to reorganize the Temple, and consolidate the different factions of the Temple."

    So I'm pretty sure that he either left Morrowind or is still there or something.
    It would be great if they re-godded him though in TES 6 or even some DLC. After all it wouldn't be too improbable or impossible, him missing hes powers or wanting to help hes people after the disaster and an age spent as a god (with all the knowledge he got from it) should make it at least possible. Plus he wasn't that all powerful to begin with, just on the same level or maybe a notch above the usual TES more famous characters like the playable prisoners. Talos, king of worms etc. and definitely weaker than the daedric princes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •