This is more of a question for people who played the previous series and/or know TES lore better. What is your take on enchanting, specifically soul trap? I just read a book called "Tragedy in Black", a short story about a dremora who captured the soul of a young boy. Now I look at my paladin's 55 enchanting, and I'm wondering, is it an IC thing to do?

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    This is a sad thing every mod user must deal with. Here is the cold, cruel fact:

Bethesda does not recommend removing mods from saved games. As I mentioned before, scripted mods tend to embed themselves heavily into savegames, and there is no way to "get rid" of references to mods even after you remove them. Will this always cause problems? Not every time, but I'd say half the time. Too many mods and you up the chance that a missing references will cause all kinds of issues. The best way, and the most worry-free way to deal with mods, is to start a new game everytime you install and remove mods. Ideally, you should use one and only one set of unchanging mods for each character save that you have.

Btw, slower movement while weapon is drawn is in the original game. There is a loading screen tooltip for that too.

I decided to remove Immersive Armor and Weapons even though I love them, because my crafting lists is ridiculously cluttered and I just glaze over the list to craft vanilla items anyway. In other words, no I don't know of a way. :P

Have you tried disable/enable after you resurrect?
    Even when updating? But to be honest, it's not even that. Skyre just causes these problems every once and a while. Maybe it's incompatible with another mod, even though I don't use anything else that changes move speeds other than realistic needs. Usually they are fixed when I take off the combat module, load the save, re-save it and then enable it again. I think I just have to use console on a new save then. Losing items isn't much of a problem but it's sort of my "RP" and "dead is dead" save (havent died:P) so it took a really really long time to do all those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Skyre has a resurrect spell in restoration
    Can only res each person once per day though.
    Doesn't work if I don't have the spell and have almost no skill in restoration:P Besides, the corpses are gone.. they were the stable keeper and hes son in Whiterun and the old lady who goes there and talks about good deeds of the day. They all got killed during a vampire attack by the dogs. Actually that's one of my biggest issues with Skyrim, named NPCs die too easily and aren't replaced. Horses, people, peasants etc. should just run away instead of going to rush into fights with dragons, vampires and bears.

This is more of a question for people who played the previous series and/or know TES lore better. What is your take on enchanting, specifically soul trap? I just read a book called "Tragedy in Black", a short story about a dremora who captured the soul of a young boy. Now I look at my paladin's 55 enchanting, and I'm wondering, is it an IC thing to do?
    Why not? Capturing people/animal souls probably isn't but buying normal soul gems should be fine and also probably capturing daedra souls(they are immortal anyway so you just make them serve for a while till the item lasts). Besides, Azura is considered good and her artifact is a soul gem.

I believe that as long as you aren't using a black soulstone you're in character for your pally. The twisted part about your story is that 1. the target is humanoid (man or mer) and 2. he is a child. If you don't have a black soulstone then you can't absorb a humanoid soul and,by extension, a child's soul either.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

I don't think it's a problem as long as you aren't using black soul gems. You are going to have to kill creatures, and you might as well use them to spread the light, so to speak.

So it's really a matter on whether your paladin is a friend to all living things or just mankind.

MY paladin still has 5 enchanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    The Aedra don't really interfere in the lives of mortals. Akatosh can be seen as an exception, heck its possible that the dragonborn is an avatar of Akatosh. We all remember the end of the main quest in oblivion where he used the last Septim to drink Dagon under the table.
    Yeah, that's right. Daedra are bringers of "change" whereas Aedra represent a stable society. Daedra are often dangerous because they want to reshape the world in their image. It would be interesting to to do more in-depth quests for the Aedra though, if only so we got a better idea of who or what they are. They seem quite mysterious and absent, even though their power is in evidence in the games.

So it turns out my saves became corrupted because scripted mods did not uninstall properly (they almost never because of the way Bethesda allows scripts from mod to inject themselves into savegames - essentially making the mod essential to the saves). Getting real tired of redoing the FusRoDah line and the companion's questline. This must be my, what, 3rd time in 2 weeks? >.< Anyone has any idea for something different to try so I don't kill myself visiting the same places in the first 10 levels?

Save a base file after that point. Use that save when you want to test out new mods. Never save over it and any time you want to start a new mod you can start from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Yeah, that's right. Daedra are bringers of "change" whereas Aedra represent a stable society. Daedra are often dangerous because they want to reshape the world in their image. It would be interesting to to do more in-depth quests for the Aedra though, if only so we got a better idea of who or what they are. They seem quite mysterious and absent, even though their power is in evidence in the games.
    What power? Well, with the exception of Akatosh and maybe a few others. I remember a quest from oblivion DLC where someone lifted you in the sky.. I think it was Aedra? At least some of them may even not be "real".. like Talos. How could they possibly know he ascended anywhere..

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 11:00 PM ----------

After nearly 2 days of modding it from the scratch (first attempt ruined the game so I reinstalled it), I have to say it feels and looks amazing now!

There are still a few minor details Im not 100% happy with but it sure looks and feels fantastic now. With over 200 mods installed, I actually got the frame rate to drop below 60 in cities as well. Not much but it says Ive reached the limit. 2 ENBs, over 400 NPCs (random and voiced), only 5 of them stand out for poor voice acting quality but I kind of like to play dice and it's minor anyway and the new inn noise makes it less noticeable. And some other minor things too. Im optimistic though, will probably get most of them out today.. /sigh. I never want to do this again:P

There are some really amazing mods out there, including one where you can actually buy and make paintings and hang them up everywhere.

You have over 200 mods installed? wow. If I have more than a few I start to get CTD's all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You have over 200 mods installed? wow. If I have more than a few I start to get CTD's all over the place.
    Yea.. a lot of them are texture replacers though so they carry no risk. I only had crashes when uninstalling mods and then loading a save. Never really had them from installing anything.. but then again I only get quality, endorsed mods and read the comments before installing. If there are too many telling about errors then I dont get it. Anyway, it's around 3 hours testing so far on a level 100 character with all skills maxed at 150 (skyre needs 130 and even 140 for some skills so I increased the cap and lowered the exp the skills give toward level by 1/3) and there were only a few minor things that didnt work and could be fixed by console.

Anyway there are some true gems out there, my inns look amazing now with the new sounds, enb, probably 20-30 people there during evenings, dancing, chatting, eating etc. Only problem was them getting in the way at first but sprinting through the crowd pushes them out of the way (with some rude comments directed at me):P

But that's enough too. Im only going to get updates, maybe some minor cosmetic mods and high quality voice acted quest mods from now on. I would never want to do this again.. and starting over isn't an option either, I've done that too far too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    <snip>
    Man. I thought my list of 71 was terrible. I'm still getting 60 fps (won't tolerate anything below 50) and that's only because if I don't cap the framerate, I get killed every time I enter an interior by flying plates, flying goblets and bouncing food.

Would you mind PMing me your list of mods? Would be interesting to see what you have. I'm pretty much done testing and am starting over for the final, no-more-looking-at-nexus time. Am considering ditching all the RP and realism mods altogether.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Man. I thought my list of 71 was terrible. I'm still getting 60 fps (won't tolerate anything below 50) and that's only because if I don't cap the framerate, I get killed every time I enter an interior by flying plates, flying goblets and bouncing food.

Would you mind PMing me your list of mods? Would be interesting to see what you have. I'm pretty much done testing and am starting over for the final, no-more-looking-at-nexus time. Am considering ditching all the RP and realism mods altogether.
    Sure, if you'd tell me how to get it I use the original launcher to order and manage them and skse to play and can't exactly copy the names from the launcher and even then, there are at least as many texture replacements, new voices, music, mesh mods (like the floating quivers fix, vampire eyes fix, burned face fix) and ENBs, SKSE launcher, uncapper that don't show up on the list at all.

In hindsight, I should have done it after Dragonborn is out for PC:P Many of the mods might not play nicely with it. As for the FPS, it stays mostly at 60 and only drops to 50ish in Solitude and Riften and sometimes to 40s in a really grassy, forested, areas with large walls of mountains.. I guess because of all the 8k and 4k textures, extra grass, smooth shadows and the bloom effect. Strangely NPCs don't slow it down at all. For example the plains near Rorikstead are filled with animal packs and grass (now), huge wolf packs running over the hills, NPCs fighting.. possibly 50-100 of them on the screen and it's still at 60 while at the same time, staring at one glossy, bloomy rock in solitude from very close drops it to 50.
    Last edited by Lizbeth; 2013-01-17 at 11:37 AM.

HSo, I had been debating for a while. I have played the same charicter since i got skyrim on release. Been 81 for a while now but still have alot of questing left to do and wanted two things tougher enemies and progression for my "toon" so I broke down and got the gift of akatosh figureing reseting skills would give me progression and hen some mods for powering up foe's ect. Whell it f@$%& me, im leveling twice off one skill up, even more poerful then ever, i knew the gear with the mod would be hax but not the leveling. Im going to have to start a new toon, any good mods out there for difficulty besides the dragon one? * and before you say it, i didnt power level or exploit the system with loops, just normal gameplay*
    <KillingTime> Dawnbringer U.S. 8/8 heroic
    Mitsuka, Savior of Aseroth

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuAS View Post
    HSo, I had been debating for a while. I have played the same charicter since i got skyrim on release. Been 81 for a while now but still have alot of questing left to do and wanted two things tougher enemies and progression for my "toon" so I broke down and got the gift of akatosh figureing reseting skills would give me progression and hen some mods for powering up foe's ect. Whell it f@$%& me, im leveling twice off one skill up, even more poerful then ever, i knew the gear with the mod would be hax but not the leveling. Im going to have to start a new toon, any good mods out there for difficulty besides the dragon one? * and before you say it, i didnt power level or exploit the system with loops, just normal gameplay*
    I highly recommend Skyrim Redone. I skeptical about it at first, it seemed kinda restrictive to remove all the smithing/alchemy/enchanting boost gear and potions but I gate it a try and have to say it's actually perfect.. except for guards 2 shoting me with their crossbows no matter how much health I get. But it's not really a problem as I dont intent to kill them anyway..

I highly recommend Skyrim Redone. I skeptical about it at first, it seemed kinda restrictive to remove all the smithing/alchemy/enchanting boost gear and potions but I gate it a try and have to say it's actually perfect.. except for guards 2 shoting me with their crossbows no matter how much health I get. But it's not really a problem as I dont intent to kill them anyway..
    Does it needany other add-on's/mods to work?
    Also sorry about the horrid grammer & spelling posting from my phone
    <KillingTime> Dawnbringer U.S. 8/8 heroic
    Mitsuka, Savior of Aseroth

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuAS View Post
    Does it needany other add-on's/mods to work?
    Also sorry about the horrid grammer & spelling posting from my phone
    Not really.. it does work well with some other mods but if you're not into freezing to death and camping etc. they're not needed. If you're using armor/weapon mods and they don't have compatibility patches, it does need http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28467 though. Enable all the armor/weapon mods, run this, then they should be on par with everything else the mod changes and benefit from perks.

So I just finished the Dawn Guard DLC and it was pretty cool as I sided with the Vampires. Is the Dawn Guard side quest as good as the Vampires because im thinking of starting over just to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    So I just finished the Dawn Guard DLC and it was pretty cool as I sided with the Vampires. Is the Dawn Guard side quest as good as the Vampires because im thinking of starting over just to do them.
    Depends on your character. It's nice for archers or paladin types. The items you get from the side quests are interesting, like a hammer that places a fire rune when you bash with it. There's also series of quests to upgrade the crossbow, adding explosive fire, frost, and shock bolts. I prefer the Volkihar side quests, mostly because the items they are a bit more interesting as they augment the player's vampire form. Quests outside of those that offer items have a bit more variety; they include turning people into vampires while the Dawngaurd's quests all center around "kill these guys/this guy."

What power? Well, with the exception of Akatosh and maybe a few others. I remember a quest from oblivion DLC where someone lifted you in the sky.. I think it was Aedra? At least some of them may even not be "real".. like Talos. How could they possibly know he ascended anywhere..
    Well, exactly. There aren't many examples of Aedra power apart from the ones that you suggested, the altars and amulets are the most conspicious examples of their power. They are mostly "absent" deities. The Kynareth quest in Skyrim (starts in Whiterun) displays some power, but like some of the Daedra quests you can choose a good or bad ending. I think I read somewhere that "Nordic legend" holds that Kynareth guided Paarthurnax to give the power of the Thu'um to people , but I did not see any mention of that in the main questline.

I'm at 123 mods myself. Well, 123 plugins according to NMM. Some mods probably use multiple plugins. Anyway I run 60-70 fps, unless I'm roaming the open world map. I can dip to the 30s depending on the area (stupid misty marshes). It's annoying but if you manually (as in, without relying on BOSS) sort your load order you can avoid a lot of performance loss/compatibility issues. You also have to carefully watch what you install for conflicts. It makes for some tough decisions...I had to choose Vampiric Thirst over Warzones: Civil Unrest.
    I'm pretty much done testing and am starting over for the final, no-more-looking-at-nexus time. Am considering ditching all the RP and realism mods altogether.
    Impossible! I've tried so many times, but amazing mods come out weekly. I also can't live without RP mods...I don't know why. Probably 1/3 of my 120+ mods are for things like adding birds to Skyrim, animations for warming your hands at a fireplace, head tracking, etc.