I've never had that problem about walking. If I want to keep walking without holding the shift key, I just use the caps-lock.

Eh only 226 hours played... I could do better IMO
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I've never had that problem about walking. If I want to keep walking without holding the shift key, I just use the caps-lock.
    Indeed, I just went and tried to bind it to Caps Lock and then I found out there has always been a real toggle run and walk option bound in Caps Lock, and I've always used only Shift to switch between them..

---

Only 256 hours played, on couple of characters, I've restarted the game many times and never actually finished it (main storyline etc)..

Also the c key is the auto move toggle (in case you didn't know)

hmm, only 207 hours played, rather surprised on that, I thought it would be a lot higher

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Dovahbear Companion Mod, now it's finally been made.

[video=youtube;fR22DyN8prE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR22DyN8prE[video]

And into the actual question, is there a way to fix walking in Skyrim? I mean if I enter a dialogue while walking with shift-key down I often get stuck in the walking mode and then I'll have to keep shift pressed to move at default speed or restart Skyrim to reset it. I'd like to be able to walk normally sometimes (without this issue happening), while following NPC's who talk while walking around, for example. I guess I could bind it in Caps Lock but I want to avoid using that key, you know why.
    Caps is actually the toggle on/off walk.
    Just hit it if you get stuck and should be fine.

Is c the default? I know mine is caps but didn't think I'd rebound it

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Caps is actually the toggle on/off walk.
    Just hit it if you get stuck and should be fine.

Is c the default? I know mine is caps but didn't think I'd rebound it
    c is the auto run, caps - lock is the walk/run toggle

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    That's "only" like 3 hours a day.. it's probably at least 4, maybe 5 for me:P But I don't see it as having no life. I don't watch TV (with the exception of few quality shows and movies). But then again it's my slacking year before college and I already got the money together so I have too much time now anyway. It will probably change in September though..
    I haven't played WOW in years but you are 100% correct. People that point to "wasting your time in games" are the same people that sit on the couch and watch mindless TV reality shows and sitcoms for hours a night. Or even mindless "news shows" with the same shit night after night.

I game a bunch, but I watch TV only as a means to fall asleep. I game no more than "normal" people watch TV. Just the TV doesn't keep track of their TV watching hours like games do so they get to feel less guilty about it LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    I haven't played WOW in years but you are 100% correct. People that point to "wasting your time in games" are the same people that sit on the couch and watch mindless TV reality shows and sitcoms for hours a night. Or even mindless "news shows" with the same shit night after night.

I game a bunch, but I watch TV only as a means to fall asleep. I game no more than "normal" people watch TV. Just the TV doesn't keep track of their TV watching hours like games do so they get to feel less guilty about it LOL.
    With the advent of the internet, I almost never watch TV. I mean, whats the point? Most everything you see on TV is downloadable off the net, and if its new then it most likely will be DLable in a day or so. Plus, since I live in Aust, it takes fucking months for all the decent US/UK TV (Breaking bad, walking dead, GoT etcetc) to actually get here.

I mean uhh, Skyrim, dragons, Elder Scrolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Here are some cool mods that make use of the MCM feature added in the latest SkyUI:

Restricted Skyrim adds level and perk requirements to gear.

Field Alchemy makes alchemy work like in the old games, letting you brew potions everywhere and use items like alembics to improve their effects.

Enhanced 3rd Person Camera lets you easily edit how the camera is positioned, which could previously only be done through INI editing.

Kace Auto Loot can automaticly loot items like gold, potions/poisons, soul gems etc for each enemy you kill, saving you a lot of clicking.

Deadly Dragons now uses MCM for its config menu as well.

Achieve That is definitely one of the more interesting ones. This adds a bunch of custom achievements that give you various bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post

Achieve That is definitely one of the more interesting ones. This adds a bunch of custom achievements that give you various bonuses.
    Hah..this made me shake my head a bit there. Oh my god this game does not have achievements !? My life is over! hahahaha. /sigh. MMO's maken meer kapot dan je lief is. Sorry, no English translation for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Hah..this made me shake my head a bit there. Oh my god this game does not have achievements !? My life is over! hahahaha. /sigh. MMO's maken meer kapot dan je lief is. Sorry, no English translation for that one.
    Actually the game does have achievements and in defence of the creator and people that may use it what exactly is wrong with it? It adds more to the game and gives you random things to do in-game I don't see how that can possibly be bad especially since it's free and doesn't cost a thing besides a small amount of bandwith.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Actually the game does have achievements and in defence of the creator and people that may use it what exactly is wrong with it? It adds more to the game and gives you random things to do in-game I don't see how that can possibly be bad especially since it's free and doesn't cost a thing besides a small amount of bandwith.
    It's the mindset that leads to the creation and desire of such a mod, not the application of the mod itself, that never ceases to amaze me. Achievements are filler content usually forced down your throat by a developer (one example being Blizzard) and people keep playing the game. Sometimes even just for those artificial achievements. But I never expected this silly addiction to be something that people would want to add to their games themselves...

So what achievements are in? Jump from x height without dying?

It's the mindset that leads to the creation and desire of such a mod, not the application of the mod itself, that never ceases to amaze me. Achievements are filler content usually forced down your throat by a developer (one example being Blizzard) and people keep playing the game. Sometimes even just for those artificial achievements. But I never expected this silly addiction to be something that people would want to add to their games themselves...

So what achievements are in? Jump from x height without dying?
    As you said it keeps you playing the game, what exactly is wrong with a mod adding more to a single-player game? No I don't have it but as you said it's filler content people will be playing Skyrim more to get those extra achievements and in turn getting better value on the game they bought.

As you said it keeps you playing the game, what exactly is wrong with a mod adding more to a single-player game? No I don't have it but as you said it's filler content people will be playing Skyrim more to get those extra achievements and in turn getting better value on the game they bought.
    I find it funny when someone complains about something that "keeps people playing the game", when I thought that's the entire reason someone buys a game. To play it and keep playing it.

What I mean is, why do you need a mod that tells you how much of a good boy you are, in a single player game? There's thousands of mods that add value to your game. I play Skyrim very often with all kinds of different mods. I'm not complaining about "a random mod". Why do you need this semi-physical proof of the fact that you did something, when obviously, you know you did.

What I mean is, why do you need a mod that tells you how much of a good boy you are, in a single player game? There's thousands of mods that add value to your game. I play Skyrim very often with all kinds of different mods. I'm not complaining about "a random mod". Why do you need this semi-physical proof of the fact that you did something, when obviously, you know you did.
    So I take it you didn't bother actually reading the mod description? Hell, even Lazy Gecko's brief blurb about it tells you that they give tangible rewards.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-02-03 at 09:23 PM.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So I take it you didn't bother actually reading the mod description? Hell, even Lacy Gecko's brief blurb about it tells you that they give tangible rewards.
    And? I can install a thousand mods that add reward to an event in-game. The thing about this, is the fact that I'm killing this man as my objective. I'm not killing him with the achievement as my objective. Adding reward (like flying mounts) to achievements makes the achievement more relevant? I think not. Adding rewards to a difficult encounter, that's relevant.

Not some crazy "congratulations, here's your stroke of e-peen and here have a mount".

So to summarize, why do you need achievements as a requirement for a reward, when the act itself should reward you. And the rest I said in the part you quoted.

And? I can install a thousand mods that add reward to an event in-game. The thing about this, is the fact that I'm killing this man as my objective. I'm not killing him with the achievement as my objective. Adding reward (like flying mounts) to achievements makes the achievement more relevant? I think not. Adding rewards to a difficult encounter, that's relevant.

Not some crazy "congratulations, here's your stroke of e-peen and here have a mount".
    Can you take your beef with WoW somewhere else? This is a Skyrim thread.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I find it funny when someone complains about something that "keeps people playing the game", when I thought that's the entire reason someone buys a game. To play it and keep playing it.
    That I can strongly agree with.

I don't have it installed but based on the screenshots provided on the mods page it also keeps statistics for how much gold you pickpocket, amount of chests looted, kilometres/miles covered, books read, dungeons cleared and I'm sure there's a few fun achievements in there too.

You have to realize while some may enjoy installing mods for a new quest or dungeon to clear like yourself some enjoy more achievements to be human is to be different.

I have to agree with Unholy it really does seem that way.

Well, this was wondering about the "why in Skyrim", so not entirely off-topic, but I do agree that the involvement of third parties has made this specific topic, off-topic enough to stop continuing this. I'm happy you agree to disagree.

I have to agree with Unholy it really does seem that way.
    It was an example. I'm sure you know what it means. I have beef with any type of achievement, but I understand they are in competitive and generally in online games, because there's people to show off to.

I asked, why Skyrim. And yes, I subconsciously did register that neither of you managed to explain
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-03 at 09:31 PM.