Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well, this was wondering about the "why in Skyrim", so not entirely off-topic, but I do agree that the involvement of third parties has made this specific topic, off-topic enough to stop continuing this. I'm happy you agree to disagree.
    And we've reached the part of the argument where you put words in other people's mouths. Wonderful.

But here's the best part about mods. The question is not "why in Skyrim?". The question is "why not?".

Because it's a mod. Because it's fun. And the achievement stick you've got rammed up your ass does not dictate how anyone else has fun.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because it's a mod. Because it's fun. And the achievement stick you've got rammed up your ass does not dictate how anyone else has fun.
    I'm not sure, but this qualifies for a report does it not? Not that I will, of course, but I had some hope that we could end this as decent people. Please refrain from using such language. It's not necessary. If you don't want to agree to disagree, then why did you end the discussion earlier and why are you still disagreeing with me, out loud, now.

Edit: Just to make it obvious, This is a rhetorical question. I don't need an answer (which is what rhetorical means, but you know, forums). Just end it.

I'm not sure, but this qualifies for a report does it not? Not that I will, of course, but I had some hope that we could end this as decent people. Please refrain from using such language. It's not necessary. If you don't want to agree to disagree, then why did you end the discussion earlier and why are you still disagreeing with me, out loud, now.
    The following would also qualify as a report but as you said let's ignore the the offensive language, it's not needed.

MMO's maken meer kapot dan je lief is. Sorry, no English translation for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    The following would also qualify as a report but let's ignore the the offensive language, it's not needed.
    Really? Then what did I say? I said something in Dutch, that I'm unable to translate to English. It's ..a saying, basically, and sayings are heavily localized. Please don't make silly assumptions, it says nothing bad.

What I said is, that MMO's break more than one would like. It just doesn't sound right in English.

Really? Then what did I say? I said something in Dutch, that I'm unable to translate to English. It's ..a saying, basically, and sayings are heavily localized. Please don't make silly assumptions, it says nothing bad.

What I said is, that MMO's break more than one would like. It just doesn't sound right in English.
    Lol it really doesn't.

BUT ON TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS!

DRAGONBORN IN 2 DAYS I SO EXCITE!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

In the rules it asks to only post in english. The reasoning behind it is not everyone knows the language and for all we know it could be an insult.

But it really doesn't matter it typically is ignored.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

It's under general posting guidelines.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2013-02-03 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    In the rules it asks to only post in english. The reasoning behind it is not everyone knows the language and for all we know it could be an insult.
    Right, but why this:
    as you said let's ignore the the offensive language, it's not needed.
    Surely, you must have considered the possibility that I wasn't being offensive?

And yes, gogo Dragonborn

Right, but why this:

Surely, you must have considered the possibility that I wasn't being offensive?

And yes, gogo Dragonborn
    I know you aren't as I'm half Dutch and know the saying/translation, just giving you a heads up to a rule as it can be taken the wrong way by someone else who might think it is an insult.

I believe it translates to "Make more damage than you'd like" in english, I only know very little Dutch.

But let's move on, very excited to see all the new armor coming with Dragonborn and I'm very interested in the story especially since it involves the first dragonborn.

What I mean is, why do you need a mod that tells you how much of a good boy you are, in a single player game? There's thousands of mods that add value to your game. I play Skyrim very often with all kinds of different mods. I'm not complaining about "a random mod". Why do you need this semi-physical proof of the fact that you did something, when obviously, you know you did.
    Why not? It seems like you just don't like the mod and are trying to justify why you don't download it. It's all preference. I don't need achievements in my game, but I can understand why people are attracted to it. It gives them something extra to "aim" for, which they might not have an inclination or reason to do so on their own. Why must that be a bad thing?

Ever hear of the "Go get it" concept? That's what I see this mod is for.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post

Ever hear of the "Go get it" concept? That's what I see this mod is for.
    No I haven't But I do understand that this discussion became more about me "hating" on said mod than the original question, "why in Skyrim?" (ie why in a single player game) and I guess it actually is the correct answer to say "why not". Because mankind has made pretty much anything, that could be considered a why, into a why not. Peanut-butter floor, it's been done. Giant Turd-like slide, yup, exists and paid for. Lawsuits over hot coffee, has been done.

I just have this weird wish to see someone explain to me why they want it. In complete honesty.

I personally think that it makes people feel as if they really accomplished something and someone or something gave them a pat on the back and said "Well done boy, well done" in a childlike tone of voice that resembles speaking to small children and pets (in some cases). Which is exactly why I do, actually, detest achievements. Especially the collect 10.000 this, collect 50 that, explore 18 caves, rescue 7 princesses ones. And yet again, I ask myself, but why, why for the love of god, in a single player game. Not a single other person will give a flying fuck!?

I'm sorry, I'm rambling now. My inner sense of disgust (plz don't take offence) speaks up in cases like this. Once more, the answer, probably, indeed. WHY THE F NOT?

I just have this weird wish to see someone explain to me why they want it. In complete honesty.
    It's fun. Achieve That doesn't let you share or track other's achievements or anything. It's for your own personal benefit and enjoyment. Not to mention Achieve That adds more than just achievements. You are rewarded for completing achievements with minor boosts to your character. If anything this mod gives you incentive to explore the 'vanilla' aspects of the game. The author also tried to make it "lore friendly" and not just random things to chase down. Completing 100 quests, for example, gives you the "Famous Hero" achievement. Your reputation has increased, so shops charge you less for their goods.

Let's agree to disagree about the mod in question and drop the discussion about it. Everyone has their own preferences, leave it at that.

Kill 100 Rabbits.

so like, i pre ordered dragonborn. will i be able to play it tonight? at like 12 or something? i feel like i'm about to explode from excitement >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    so like, i pre ordered dragonborn. will i be able to play it tonight? at like 12 or something? i feel like i'm about to explode from excitement >.<
    Probably 10am EST on the 5th :\

dammit... i've been hearing that it was to be released on the 4th T_T

http://enderal.de/?lang=en#contentInfo

Well that certainly looks impressive.

If it's half as good as Nehrim it will definitely be worth playing.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    http://enderal.de/?lang=en#contentInfo

Well that certainly looks impressive.

If it's half as good as Nehrim it will definitely be worth playing.
    I think the only mod that's managed to make a land look truly different from Skyrim was Moonpath to Elsweyr but that was dark and confined or insanely bright it just felt...off. This place looks incredible though. The magic forest and the screenie before look nearly like Oblivion Cyrodiil with better graphics.

I think I'll go download and try Nehrim in the meantime. Never heard of these guys before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    Your comment and your avatar just work so well together. "But I wanted it now "
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-04 at 05:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

ugh... one more day to toil away. these waits are always the worst T_T

I was so super excited about Dragonborn when it first got announced, but now I can't get excited at all. I'm not sure why, probably either burned out or I can't think of any decent character concepts I'd roll with for the DLC.