1. #7001
    I wso SO wish my computer could handle K ENB. The color pellet in that ENB is exactly what I want for my Skyrim. I redownloaded Oblivion cause I wanted to go back to a vibrant and more colorful Tamriel.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  2. #7002
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,275
    Yea you'll need quite a powerful computer for it to run it flawlessly, I'm surprised my laptop can handle it. (Which is basically my desktop, just have my mouse/keyboard/screen plugged into it). Does get a sluggish from time to time. Alos there's a "K ENB Performance" download out, I haven't tried it personally but the comments seem to be pretty pleased. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30350


  3. #7003
    well, i've managed to pull myself away from solstheim for a sec. i love it sooooo much, but i do have one problem... my horse didn't take the trip with me -_-

    also... after all the magical crap my mage has been through, and after seeing sooooo many cool weapons and armor sets for melee classes, she's decided to become a warrior.

  4. #7004
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    well, i've managed to pull myself away from solstheim for a sec. i love it sooooo much, but i do have one problem... my horse didn't take the trip with me -_-

    also... after all the magical crap my mage has been through, and after seeing sooooo many cool weapons and armor sets for melee classes, she's decided to become a warrior.
    Yeah the only horse that is usable on Solstheim is the summoned ghost mount Arvak. All other mounts don´t make the trip with you.

    Kinda silly if you think that most guys here have just started with Dragonborn and others have already played it to extinction since December. Bethesda should really start releasing the DLCs at the same date for every platform.

    I am already bored with Skyrim since 2 weeks so I do hope for new DLCs while others have recieved the latest right now

  5. #7005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Actually I guess nothing would really break the game...
    It's a separate continent with different mobs and stuff.
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch breaks the game with Dragonborn installed.

  6. #7006
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,624
    I could probably run it with vanilla textures and few mods... but my Skyrim is barely holding itself together as it is

  7. #7007
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Yea you'll need quite a powerful computer for it to run it flawlessly, I'm surprised my laptop can handle it. (Which is basically my desktop, just have my mouse/keyboard/screen plugged into it). Does get a sluggish from time to time. Alos there's a "K ENB Performance" download out, I haven't tried it personally but the comments seem to be pretty pleased. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30350
    I'm going to have to set aside a couple of hours to figure out how to make it work right and turn off the depth of field...

    Thanks a million though! Hope it's really as colorful as it looks in the screenies.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #7008
    Oh Yay Dragonborn is out.
    Now I wait for mods to update.


  9. #7009
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Oh Yay Dragonborn is out.
    Now I wait for mods to update.
    I have to stop visiting this thread too in case of spoilers. >.>

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  10. #7010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I have to stop visiting this thread too in case of spoilers. >.>
    Don't think you're at any more risk you've been all this past month. It's been out for Xbox for a while now, after all.


  11. #7011
    Skyrim playable without mods?
    I saw tons of them, are they out there because they make the game better? or easier?

  12. #7012
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Skyrim playable without mods?
    I saw tons of them, are they out there because they make the game better? or easier?
    Playable, yes. If you're happy with the original game, don't mod. Quoting myself in another skyrim thread about modding:
    Modding requires a base amount of end user knowledge. If you do not use mod management programs or tools to check load order and conflicts - modding your game may cause more problems than is worth. Modding is not a simple case of "install and play". If you are not prepared to keep yourself educated on how to maintain your games, major issues will keep propping up and inevitably cause mod authors to quit their projects, retire modding or just close their comment threads.


    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 12:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Don't think you're at any more risk you've been all this past month. It's been out for Xbox for a while now, after all.
    Point taken. I guess people are really nice about spoilers then.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  13. #7013
    I played Skyrim long ago and the only thing I did not like at that time was that I was not able to craft arrows and that some materials / ores were too heavy and I had to do alot of trips to my house to store them.
    Was this issue addressed with patches / DLCs ? if not, could you suggest a simple mod just for this?

    Thank you.

  14. #7014
    Dunno about ore weight, but i think Dragonbone Arrows are now craftable in the unmodded Game? Or did i just had an older mod still lurking around...

  15. #7015
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I played Skyrim long ago and the only thing I did not like at that time was that I was not able to craft arrows and that some materials / ores were too heavy and I had to do alot of trips to my house to store them.
    Was this issue addressed with patches / DLCs ? if not, could you suggest a simple mod just for this?

    Thank you.
    If you have dawnguard, you can craft arrows. There's a loading screen for it too:
    http://images.uesp.net/thumb/3/3f/SR...be_created.jpg

    Don't think ores were changed.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  16. #7016
    Got home to play skyrim and learnt that my save was corrupted

    Time to restart and dive straight into Dragonborn.

  17. #7017
    Hey lore guys something never made sense to me. Talos was a nord who came down from skyrim, kicked some butt and then become a god, adding to the total number of divines. Then couple ages later the Aldmeri come along and ban the worship of him. So does that mean theirs only 8 divines?

  18. #7018
    Talos is a true divine. The Thalmor hate the idea of a non-elf reaching godhood, so they try to convince everyone, rather forcefully, that he isn't, and the official Imperial policy is that there are now only 8 divines.

  19. #7019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Talos is a true divine. The Thalmor hate the idea of a non-elf reaching godhood, so they try to convince everyone, rather forcefully, that he isn't, and the official Imperial policy is that there are now only 8 divines.
    Yea but the other divines aren't elves or do the elves worship them as elves? Like Akatosh is the dragon aspect, he's not an elf as far as I'm aware.

  20. #7020
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yea but the other divines aren't elves or do the elves worship them as elves? Like Akatosh is the dragon aspect, he's not an elf as far as I'm aware.
    I think their problem is a human became divine, when they feel only elves should be given that privalege. Since the Aldmeri see humans as lesser beings, and the elves as the descendants of the gods, the fact that a human became divine rankles them so much that they deny him, and force others to do so as well.

    I am no expert on lore, but from the bits I have picked up in this thread, that's my understanding as to why they outlaw Talos worship.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •