That list would be pretty dang nearly wrong.

Strongest characters on Nirn:

Martin Septim -> Akatosh

Hero of Kvatch -> Sheo-fucking-gorath (strongest of all the Daedric lords once)

I don't think anyone on that list compares.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:32 AM ----------

I saw a video diary of a pure illusion character. Sounds like good fun. I think I'll try a pure alteration or pure speechcraft characters with some mods that allows the perk system to boost shouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Its an old writing, the Imperial Library is in the middle or a serious revamp. Anyways, Just because how the world works, anyone who is CHIM is instantly top dog. Vivec made fucking with Daedric Princes a science. The only thing that really keeps them from doing anything is the fact just because you can, where's the fun in it?

Maxing Speechcraft is damn fun, but not as much as it used to be in Arena or Morrowind. Charisma is usually one of the stats I focus on in RPGs, just to see if the Developers has any real Tabletop Experience without making it overpowered. Sadly, I think its becoming a lost stat with the simple-mindless of most RPG games those days. Lately, its all about Hack and Slash/Magic Missile. I liked how in The Witcher 2 you could talk your way out of the final boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    <snip>
    Heh, me too. My first points in any RPGs is always Speechcraft/Charisma/Charm and the likes. Old games used to have speech checks that would allow you to either skip entire groups of enemies, a boss, or get a very special item that you can't otherwise get.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    I have about 20 mods installed (mainly character appearance and cosmetic things like armor changes, custom follower ) and have not had a problem so far
    it would be one of your mods causing it, only thing I could suggest is going through you list and uninstalling each or all checking which is causing the problem
    Yesterday I tried running Skyrim without any mods and went to the same place where it usually freezes and this time it crashed into desktop, still it could be a mod issue as it crashed in a different way.

I'm sure I'll reinstall Skyrim someday but, it's still interesting, with less mods the game has more issues than with dozens of mods (mostly graphics mods). About year ago I ran Skyrim with lots of various mods, I didn't care at all about load orders or compatibility patches and all that stuff, yet the game was still working fine and stable. Could it be Bethesda's patches which have somehow made the game more unstable (as they have added more features in these patches, in the end)?

But then these freezing/crashing issues should be way more common..
    Last edited by dragothica; 2013-02-08 at 10:02 AM.

well, i think i've done just about every quest on solstheim, and explored nearly all of it. and i ran across something i thought was very cool! it seems there is now a canon homosexual couple . if you wanna check it out, go out to the little broken down house, just down the road from the destroyed farm outside of raven rock.

For any who were not using Skyjubs invisible helmets due to not wanting to make EVERY helmet invisible, it's updated to have 4 different options, including one where you handpick which helmets to hide.

Started the game over the other day. Playing as a necromancer/pyromancer.

Ran into some weird bugs in vanilla areas such as game closing everytime I tried to quicksave in a certain dungeon, my companion completely broke, 80% of the time she just stands there and does nothing, so abandoned her. Game seems to be completely broken when it comes to mobs, one shotting most mobs but when I get to a "boss" they take like 20 x2 handed fireballs to bring them down and any other mob just dies one shot.

Still having fun in the game, second time playing it and still finding new things to do and not even touched the main story line apart from killing the first dragon outside whiterun quest.

Can anyone recommend me good mods? I've seen a couple on this forum already. Looking for more! Thanks :3
    Last edited by Priestlie; 2013-02-09 at 03:36 AM.

-snip- Taken elsewhere, apologies.

On another note, Dragonborn is a pretty badass DLC, I'm enjoying it so much.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-02-09 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    On another note, Dragonborn is a pretty badass DLC, I'm enjoying it so much.
    I have to agree though there are seem to be 2 major bugs with PC version, 1. Dragon souls don't get absorbed, so I guess I am not longer Dovakin (this as it turns out is an animation bug, the latest FNIS fixed it for me), and another one that has to do with Miraak (wont mention specifics since they are spoilers).

Other then those though I would say this trumps Dawngaurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Can anyone recommend me good mods? I've seen a couple on this forum already. Looking for more! Thanks :3
    Sure, what kind of thing are you looking for? Visual mods, character mods, armor, weapons, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I have to agree though there are seem to be 2 major bugs with PC version, 1. Dragon souls don't get absorbed, so I guess I am not longer Dovakin (this as it turns out is an animation bug, the latest FNIS fixed it for me), and another one that has to do with Miraak (wont mention specifics since they are spoilers).

Other then those though I would say this trumps Dawngaurd.
    Spoiler:
    The battle, yes it's bugged what you do is go easy on the damage and let him absorb all the dragons. Going all out tends to bug him because apparently the souls he absorbs heal to a certain amount and it's supposed to top him off, bringing him below 20% might prevent the heal to top him off, also do not attack the dragons he absorbs. I think the current glitch/bug is the absorption does not work at all levels of Miraak's health. (Won't top him off after a certain amount of damage dealt to him)

The character being unable to absorb dragons? Well the first time I noticed that, Miraak appeared and took it for himself. Then after that one situation of stealing, I was able to absorb them for myself.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-02-09 at 09:13 AM.

Alright so I'm downloading SkyMoMod for the first time (maker got banned from Nexus) Some of these creature designs are just insane

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...65/evilwiz.jpg
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/9...1341295935.jpg
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2013-02-09 at 09:29 AM.

I... I need the new SkyMoMod...

Like... Now.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Aren't the models mostly lifted out of other games like The Witcher and Dragon Age?

I stopped using Monster Mod when I started running across sharks in shallow rivers. Now I use Immersive Creatures which has more thoughtful additions instead of everything and the kitchen sink.

I just started again, is there a way to avoid being bitten by a vampire? I don`t want to start the Dawnguard chain yet.
    Thx.

you don't get bitten. you have a chance to contract sanguinara vampiris when hit by a vampire. it progresses to full on vampirism after 3 game days, but it can be cured by either using a cure disease potion, or using a shrine. also, you can only start dawnguard at 10, it doesn't start just because you fight a vampire. at 10, an orc named durak will walk up to you and tell you that the dawnguard is recruiting. all you have to do is leave the conversation if you don't want to start dawnguard yet.

Well, actually I don't think you can be a normal vampire with Dawnguard installed. I got the disease, went to sleep and it was gone when I woke up. Even tried adding with the console. It just goes away after a while and doesn't progress into anything.

that sounds like a pretty bad bug. i just had a character turn vampire a couple hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Lies! Lies I say.

I thought this was the Skyrim megathread, not the LSD-induced My Little Pony Horror Show Megathread.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com