1. #7041
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    On another note, Dragonborn is a pretty badass DLC, I'm enjoying it so much.
    I have to agree though there are seem to be 2 major bugs with PC version, 1. Dragon souls don't get absorbed, so I guess I am not longer Dovakin (this as it turns out is an animation bug, the latest FNIS fixed it for me), and another one that has to do with Miraak (wont mention specifics since they are spoilers).

    Other then those though I would say this trumps Dawngaurd.

  2. #7042
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    9,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Can anyone recommend me good mods? I've seen a couple on this forum already. Looking for more! Thanks :3
    Sure, what kind of thing are you looking for? Visual mods, character mods, armor, weapons, etc?

  3. #7043
    Scarab Lord NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    4,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I have to agree though there are seem to be 2 major bugs with PC version, 1. Dragon souls don't get absorbed, so I guess I am not longer Dovakin (this as it turns out is an animation bug, the latest FNIS fixed it for me), and another one that has to do with Miraak (wont mention specifics since they are spoilers).

    Other then those though I would say this trumps Dawngaurd.
    Spoiler:
    The battle, yes it's bugged what you do is go easy on the damage and let him absorb all the dragons. Going all out tends to bug him because apparently the souls he absorbs heal to a certain amount and it's supposed to top him off, bringing him below 20% might prevent the heal to top him off, also do not attack the dragons he absorbs. I think the current glitch/bug is the absorption does not work at all levels of Miraak's health. (Won't top him off after a certain amount of damage dealt to him)

    The character being unable to absorb dragons? Well the first time I noticed that, Miraak appeared and took it for himself. Then after that one situation of stealing, I was able to absorb them for myself.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-02-09 at 09:13 AM.

  4. #7044
    The Patient Seiklis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    288
    Alright so I'm downloading SkyMoMod for the first time (maker got banned from Nexus) Some of these creature designs are just insane



    http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...65/evilwiz.jpg
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/9...1341295935.jpg
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2013-02-09 at 09:29 AM.

  5. #7045
    I... I need the new SkyMoMod...

    Like... Now.

  6. #7046
    Aren't the models mostly lifted out of other games like The Witcher and Dragon Age?

    I stopped using Monster Mod when I started running across sharks in shallow rivers. Now I use Immersive Creatures which has more thoughtful additions instead of everything and the kitchen sink.

  7. #7047
    Brewmaster rogerwilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darujhistan, the city of blue fire
    Posts
    1,304
    I just started again, is there a way to avoid being bitten by a vampire? I don`t want to start the Dawnguard chain yet.
    Thx.

  8. #7048
    you don't get bitten. you have a chance to contract sanguinara vampiris when hit by a vampire. it progresses to full on vampirism after 3 game days, but it can be cured by either using a cure disease potion, or using a shrine. also, you can only start dawnguard at 10, it doesn't start just because you fight a vampire. at 10, an orc named durak will walk up to you and tell you that the dawnguard is recruiting. all you have to do is leave the conversation if you don't want to start dawnguard yet.

  9. #7049
    Well, actually I don't think you can be a normal vampire with Dawnguard installed. I got the disease, went to sleep and it was gone when I woke up. Even tried adding with the console. It just goes away after a while and doesn't progress into anything.

  10. #7050
    that sounds like a pretty bad bug. i just had a character turn vampire a couple hours ago.

  11. #7051
    The Unstoppable Force Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    22,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Lies! Lies I say.

    I thought this was the Skyrim megathread, not the LSD-induced My Little Pony Horror Show Megathread.
    They ask me why I'm bringin' - A baby into battle - That's really irresponsible - And getting them rattled
    I say "give me a break - Get off of my back damn, it" - I didn't learn parenting - My daddy was a planet

  12. #7052
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I thought this was the Skyrim megathread, not the LSD-induced My Little Pony Horror Show Megathread.
    Tonight....I shall not sleep.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  13. #7053
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I thought this was the Skyrim megathread, not the LSD-induced My Little Pony Horror Show Megathread.
    ...THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT BACK UP. Ye gods, why WHY? Couldn't you just snip the picture out. ~.~

  14. #7054
    Brewmaster rogerwilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darujhistan, the city of blue fire
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    a way to avoid being bitten by a vampire? I don`t want to start the Dawnguard chain yet.
    Thx.
    I disabled the Dawnguard DLC for now.

  15. #7055
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,494
    Can anyone introduce me to a good sun/light mod(Not sunglare)? I'm trying to pimp skyrim to my liking but I have an issue with the sun/light reflection on objects.

    It's a bit lowres

    As you can see the light brightens up the axe(all objects in direct sun light) too much. I'd still like it to have a warm color and perhaps only reflect sunlight on the blade and not the handle. I also have a problem with dynamic contrast, whenever I see a light source(sun,torch, campfire etc) my screen brightens up making the entire screen look as the axe does in the print I linked. Any way to remove/reduce this "eye" adaptation effect?
    Last edited by Deleted; 2013-02-09 at 05:12 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  16. #7056
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Well, actually I don't think you can be a normal vampire with Dawnguard installed. I got the disease, went to sleep and it was gone when I woke up. Even tried adding with the console. It just goes away after a while and doesn't progress into anything.
    I can still be a normal vampire with dawngaurd installed, so I would think that its just that your unlucky.

  17. #7057
    Still having the game randomly closing after a quick save. Doing a full repair on skyrim and reinstalled steam and its stil happening. Seems to be happening at random times too.

  18. #7058
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I can still be a normal vampire with dawngaurd installed, so I would think that its just that your unlucky.
    Might be the basic needs and diseases mods though, it messes with other diseases too and makes them more powerful. I don't really care about it .. it's not like it matters anyway. The Dawnguard method still works fine. Besides, if I want to be a vampire then I might as well get the vampire lord form.

  19. #7059
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Might be the basic needs and diseases mods though, it messes with other diseases too and makes them more powerful. I don't really care about it .. it's not like it matters anyway. The Dawnguard method still works fine. Besides, if I want to be a vampire then I might as well get the vampire lord form.
    Uuugh
    Uuuuuuuuuuuugh

  20. #7060
    Brewmaster rogerwilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darujhistan, the city of blue fire
    Posts
    1,304
    is there a way to make the Battle-born friends with the Gray Manes ? I remember something like a love story between two of them, but I was never able to set them up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •