You can download them directly from the steam workshop or install the nexus mod manager, works just like curse client. It's hard to eff something up with an application that installs/disables/uninstalls them for you, I'm the same way with files.

Playing the game straight is definitely more rewarding than cheats, mods certainly aren't required to enjoy the game although many of them are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You can download them directly from the steam workshop or install the nexus mod manager, works just like curse client. It's hard to eff something up with an application that installs/disables/uninstalls them for you, I'm the same way with files.
    Wrong. Modding can and will destroy your game if you don't know what you're doing. It's not as simple as "install and play".

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Playing the game straight is definitely more rewarding than cheats, mods certainly aren't required to enjoy the game although many of them are awesome.
    I have to disagree with that. A lot of mods aren't cheats but instead bug fixes or make the game much more challenging and balanced. Vanilla Skyrim isn't rewarding at all. It's kinda hard and tedious till 30ish, then nothing matters any more as you kill almost anything with a few hits. Too many glitches, bugs to abuse, shortcuts and worst of all, spells dont scale at all and armor/weapons scales too well.

When Skyrim came out, I used to believe the same thing, that mods are just cheats and avoided them but I couldn't even finish the game like that. After doing one faction, the game basically just became sneaking through everywhere undetected, looting generic junk and tapping everyone once and they died.

And then there are the little flavor mods that don't change anything about the gameplay at all. They just make things look nicer or add extra things to do (like decorating the house).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Wrong. Modding can and will destroy your game if you don't know what you're doing. It's not as simple as "install and play".
    It's true, I had to learn it the hard way at first The worst thing is that some bugs and problems with mods aren't even apparent at first and can manifest hours later.. and by then you have no idea which mod causes them and even if you find out, it's sometimes nearly impossible to remove the mod without ruining your save.
    Last edited by Lizbeth; 2013-02-10 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    As was made very clear to me today...
    I cave and buy Dragonborn (and even Hearthfire!) and it breaks my game. Endless CTDs outside of Riverwood. I go one by one through ALL of my 100+ mods, removing none of them fixes my issue. So I re-install, and install only the ~30 mods I MUST have lol. CTD persists. I remove all mods, CTD persists. Guess my save game got corrupted...so I start a new character, right? I get out of Helgen, ZERO mods installed, BAM CTD. Doing another fresh install right now, deleted everything including all of my saves (well, I backed them up of course!) and ini tweaks.

Soooooo fun.

I have had no issues with mods ruining my saves...hmm. Haven't purchased Dragonborn yet though D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I cave and buy Dragonborn (and even Hearthfire!) and it breaks my game. Endless CTDs outside of Riverwood. I go one by one through ALL of my 100+ mods, removing none of them fixes my issue. So I re-install, and install only the ~30 mods I MUST have lol. CTD persists. I remove all mods, CTD persists. Guess my save game got corrupted...so I start a new character, right? I get out of Helgen, ZERO mods installed, BAM CTD. Doing another fresh install right now, deleted everything including all of my saves (well, I backed them up of course!) and ini tweaks.

Soooooo fun.
    It might be the load order. All the CTDs I've ever had were caused by this. If you're using SkyRe or the Wet and Cold mod, I could say with 99% certainty it's caused by that. Also, did you download all the mods again or just reused them? Some of them use ini files as well and can leave dependencies and settings in even after reinstalling Skyrim.

does Dragonborn brings better Bows? I remember that in Dawnguard the xbows were very good (but i did not like the way they... fire)

there is a VERY good dwemer bow in one of the ruins on solstheim. not only does it look good, but it has a great special effect on it.

Id stick with the Nightingale bow if you have a leveled character
    I got lazy and took a Daedric bow from a nexus follower
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Soooooo fun.
    Did you run BOSS to check your mods?
    It's always the first thing you should do.
    Edit: Try reducing texture quality.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2013-02-10 at 03:54 PM.

Soooooo fun.
    It may just be Dragonborn. the pc version has some some bug and a few people I know mentioned an increase in CTD (though I have yet to get one yet). The best thing to do is run Boss then TESedit and see if that fixes anything.

huh... if anything, i've noticed less crashing since i got dragonborn. i'd usually get 2 crashes a day before, now i just got my first since dragonborn a few minutes ago.

@Lizbeth: I tried a few mod orders but couldn't find one to fix it. I usually follow the suggestion of BOSS with one exception, I put hair/face mods at the bottom. I wish I could have figured it out...just woke up and Skyrim is done installing so time to play around some more.

@Valenhill: Yup I use BOSS and Wrye Bash. No errors in BOSS and Wrye Bash didn't show any conflicts. So it was something in the background, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what. >.< Google told me it might be textures too so I disabled all of my texture mods (luckily I use a combined texture mod, so I can just disable that one alone). I didn't change the in-game settings though, maybe I should have done that.

@Kaosbringer: I hope not. I buy Dragonborn and Hearthfire and Bethesda thanks me with increasing my chance to crash? lol. I run BOSS but really don't get TESedit. Maybe I'll read a tutorial.

I buy Dragonborn and Hearthfire and Bethesda thanks me with increasing my chance to crash? lol. I run BOSS but really don't get TESedit. Maybe I'll read a tutorial.
    While TESEdit is indeed helpful, I don't think it's what's going to help you here.
    Decrease Texture Quality and Antialiasing a bit. Uninstalling the game and mods pretty much already ruled out incompatibilities and loading issues. Now we'll see if it's a graphics issue.

I've been playing a lot lately using the no fast travel mod.. my god it's made such an improvement to the game, for me. My problem was always that I couldn't help but get lazy and use the fast travel even if I made a point not to.. when the option is gone I'm seeing much more content.

Dragonborn has made my loading screens take 10x as long to load :S

Check the size of your Saved files. If they are over 10 MB, your going to have to do some pruning. I noticed some lag earlier, and not loading screens are once again a thing of the past (SSD FTW.)

Play without health bars. Never know how tough is the enemy, whether it's a level 1 Bandit or a level 25 Bandit Highwayman. All you know is they're someone rushing towards you with an axe. Or how many there are. Turn off music.

Exciting.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The perfect Elder Scrolls game will be the one where you can go everywhere and kill everyone.
    And where every action has repercussions for EVERYTHING. Like slaughtering the Dark Brotherhood leading to Delvin Mallory no longer dealing with you. Or quelling Ancano leading to the Thalmor becoming crazier than ever.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    there is a VERY good dwemer bow in one of the ruins on solstheim. not only does it look good, but it has a great special effect on it.
    Does it compare to the enhanced dwarven crossbow?

I hate the massive difference between crossbows and bows for damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

not sure, as i didn't do dawnguard. i just got my character to level 10 and went to solstheim out of excitement. it has a 50% chance to drain magicka, stamina, and health.

there's also the bow of the stag prince, it gives an increasingly powerful buff for ever 20 animals killed.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-02-11 at 04:54 AM.