http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28880
    I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that you can wipe out the dark brotherhood but not the thieves guild. Well I did the whole thieves guild quest (even became the thieves guild master) and the rewards didn't weigh up against the amount of effort I did for this "organisation". I started a new save where I played the good guy, but still I had to do the first quest of the thieves guild to advance in the main quest (the part where you have to know the location of Esbern). It was only later that I find out that you can ask Keerava (the innkeeper of the bee and barb) the whereabouts of Esbern. So I wanted to take revenge on Brynjolf for destroying Brand-Shei and I made this mod.

You can simply start the quest by bashing Brynjolf's face in with a hammer :-P*
    <Insert high-pitched squeal of excitement here>
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Finally able to play the damn game. Dunno if anyone cares, but you know how Google is. Maybe somebody on the internet will come by this post if they have the same CTD in Riverwood issue. I was finally able to figure out that my own Riverwood CTD issue was indeed caused by low VRAM. But I mean, what didn't make sense is that my computer is pretty good. I was able to play with the lowest texture resolutions but it was sooo ugly so I went on a hunt to find out why. Well, apparently Windows 8 64-bit (and 7 too I hear) does some weird crap with UAC to programs in the Program Files (x86) folder and it interferes a lot with Skyrim. My game wasn't actually running 64-bit so I was running out of memory (Riverwood uses a LOT of textures: heavy in water, trees, grass, buildings, etc). The fix was to install Steam and Skyrim outside of Program Files (x86). Moving Steam to C:/ fixed my issue entirely.

Happy to be playing, but not so happy that Skyrim has so many issues. Oh well, at least I'm not a PS3 Skyrim player har har.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28880

<Insert high-pitched squeal of excitement here>
    You can just fail the Brand-Shei quest, you know. Besides, he's only supposed to sit in jail for a few days (weeks?) if he's there longer it's a bug. Besides, destroying the Companions makes more sense than this. After all they're werewolves and kill the silver hand (who are technically the good guys).

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    You can just fail the Brand-Shei quest, you know. Besides, he's only supposed to sit in jail for a few days (weeks?) if he's there longer it's a bug. Besides, destroying the Companions makes more sense than this. After all they're werewolves and kill the silver hand (who are technically the good guys).
    By that logic, Scarlet Crusade are good guys too. Silver Hand are just bandits that kill werewolves and dogs in spare time.

High Overlord
    Just bought Dragonborn. I'm planning on playing a palladin-type. What kind of race, abilities,spells and especially mods would you recommend that fit with a palladin?

If a similar post has been made in this thread, apologies. I tried finding one to no avail, its a big thread.
    Oh, and another question. What ENB would you recommend, and why?
    Will be trying to make dragonborn as pretty as possible.

And any other musthavemods?

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I'm planning on using at least SkyRe
    Last edited by MythiaX; 2013-02-11 at 01:01 PM.

Doing a reroll and I'm torn between three weapons mods.

Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel
    JaySuS Swords
    Immersive Weapons

Anyone have a preference?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

How exactly does destroying the mercenary group that is actively helping the people of Skyrim that over the course of your adventures eliminates a militant group of paranoid zealots that torture innocent people for information make more sense than eliminating a group of thieves and thugs who are manipulating the economy of a region at war to keep a corrupt bitch in power and over the course of your adventures can ruin multiple businesses and are found to be lead by someone who is corrupt even by their own standards?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    Just bought Dragonborn. I'm planning on playing a palladin-type. What kind of race, abilities,spells and especially mods would you recommend that fit with a palladin?
    I had a lot of fun with the Paladin Spell Pack. I mostly used the Aegis/defensive abilities 'cause I was a tanky character. If you want to be an offensive Paladin, the pack also has some pretty cool stuff for that like fortifying attack speed, critical strike, etc. You'll also be OP against undead but shouldn't that be true for all Paladins? For armor, I use Lost Paladins of the Divines or Divine Aegis. I haven't used it yet but I also keep Paladin Armor.

As for ENB, I personally use Bleak ENB. I like it because it's more realistic/cinematic, and less...flashy. My problem with other ENBs is that they're either too bright outside, too dark in dungeons, or just have way too much bloom. This one I thought was perfect!

Hmm I could go on and on about must-have mods but here are the ones I truly need (sorry no links, you can find them all on Google/Nexus):

ACE Combat Enhancements
    The Dance of Death
    Alternate Start
    AutoPV
    Bandolier
    Dodge Mod
    Female Animation Pack
    Interesting NPCs
    Locational Damage
    Lush Grass
    SkyUI
    Skyrim Community Uncapper
    Wearable Lanterns
    Your Favorite Face/Beauty Mods Here (I use, installed in this order specifically, No More Blocky Faces, Better Females by Bella, Enhanced Character Edit, Pretty Faces)

High Overlord
    Thanks for the reply. BTW, I'm using Skyrim Redone, does this mean ACE combat enhancements isn't very useful for me, since I already have something similar?

I'll definately check out the paladin spell pack!

As for the ENB, currently have a fantasy one, if its to light, I'll check out your Bleak one.

Any tips on items in game (swords, hammers, armor etc) that fit the paladin playstyle?
    Last edited by MythiaX; 2013-02-11 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Doing a reroll and I'm torn between three weapons mods.

Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel
    JaySuS Swords
    Immersive Weapons

Anyone have a preference?
    I've always stuck with JaySUS swords. I've tried Immersive weapons (I love Immersive armors) but JaySUS still wins.

But, recently I've been using the re-textured 2h sword from Skyrim Knights.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-11 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks for the reply. BTW, I'm using Skyrim Redone, does this mean ACE combat enhancements isn't very useful for me, since I already have something similar?

I'll definately check out the paladin spell pack!

As for the ENB, currently have a fantasy one, if its to light, I'll check out your Bleak one.

Any tips on items in game (swords, hammers, armor etc) that fit the paladin playstyle?
    Oh yeah, if you use SkyRE then ACE isn't compatible. It's kind of a hotly debated topic, but I prefer ACE because I feel it keeps the perks closer to vanilla and really makes smithing/enchanting less OP.

I like the Immersive Weapons mod. Paladin weapons should be simple imo. A straight blade with a cross hilt. For shields I use vanilla shields but there are some nice mods like Skyforge Shields, Insanitys Shields and Bucklers - Shields and Other Armours. Again I like them simple. Edit: Oh like Buckwald says JaySUS swords are cool too. But for a Paladin character I found more to like with Immersive Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Check the size of your Saved files. If they are over 10 MB, your going to have to do some pruning. I noticed some lag earlier, and not loading screens are once again a thing of the past (SSD FTW.)
    Ty <3 deleted all except my current and they are nearly instant again :P

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    How exactly does destroying the mercenary group that is actively helping the people of Skyrim that over the course of your adventures eliminates a militant group of paranoid zealots that torture innocent people for information make more sense than eliminating a group of thieves and thugs who are manipulating the economy of a region at war to keep a corrupt bitch in power and over the course of your adventures can ruin multiple businesses and are found to be lead by someone who is corrupt even by their own standards?
    That's just the front. In case you missed the Companions being werewolves part, well they're werewolves.. they just satiate their bloodlust by killing "honorably". And by that I mean just anyone they can, even petty criminals. Their contracts also involve roughing people up for money and killing them. Sure, a lot of them are for good cause, like freeing hostages and killing bandit leaders but they themselves admit that they do it for the killing and the money. Aela doesn't even want the cure when you offer it to her, I guess in the end you can redeem the rest though.

Not only that but turning the player and letting them loose on Whiterun is much worse than framing Brand-Shei in my book. Besides, if you haven't joined the Companions and you meet their roaming bands, they go after you and won't stop for any crime. Even if you accidentally pick a bread off the table, they go for the kill unlike guards who at least ask you to pay the fine first.

Sure the Thieves Guild aren't angels but they are right after College in Winterhood in my book. They don't kill anyone. The empire executes innocent people and tortures them, Stormcloaks are racists and just as bad. Most jarls are corrupt or ignorant and stupid which also means people die. Daedra and Thalmor are just plain evil with no redeeming qualities.
    So yea, if I lived in Skyrim, I'd much rather be a victim of the TG and find myself a little poorer than of the other groups At least I'd be alive then.

Now we're having fun!

Don't be singling out the Companions for using lethal force against criminals. Almost any citizen in Skyrim can hire a murder squad to come after you for stealing from them. And guards will do nothing to stop them.

And if I lived in Skyrim I could avoid being a victim of the Companions by staying on the right side of the law and not go after them. To avoid victimization by the Thieves Guild I would have to leave Skyrim or just be so poor I'm beneath their notice.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

eh, the thieves guild are bad imo. sure they don't usually allow killing, but they're still criminals. and i'd say that they'd kill a shop keeper if they couldn't break them with beatings. the companions are just lawful mercs. it seems like they only do legit jobs that don't break the law. yeah, aela gets a little fanatical with her revenge on the hand, but the hand seems like the crusade. capturing and killing anyone believed to be a werewolf, with or without proof. and it also seems they aren't on the side of the law.

idk where i'd put the dark brotherhood. they're certainly not acting legally, but it's not like they're murdering anyone innocent. just assassins for hire, if it wasn't for their sithis thing i'd say they're neutral. but if contracts stop coming, they might turn to violence without reason to sate sithis or whoever he really is. so i'd say they're neutral/neutral evil.

That's just the front. In case you missed the Companions being werewolves part, well they're werewolves.. they just satiate their bloodlust by killing "honorably". And by that I mean just anyone they can, even petty criminals. Their contracts also involve roughing people up for money and killing them. Sure, a lot of them are for good cause, like freeing hostages and killing bandit leaders but they themselves admit that they do it for the killing and the money. Aela doesn't even want the cure when you offer it to her, I guess in the end you can redeem the rest though.

Not only that but turning the player and letting them loose on Whiterun is much worse than framing Brand-Shei in my book. Besides, if you haven't joined the Companions and you meet their roaming bands, they go after you and won't stop for any crime. Even if you accidentally pick a bread off the table, they go for the kill unlike guards who at least ask you to pay the fine first.

Sure the Thieves Guild aren't angels but they are right after College in Winterhood in my book. They don't kill anyone. The empire executes innocent people and tortures them, Stormcloaks are racists and just as bad. Most jarls are corrupt or ignorant and stupid which also means people die. Daedra and Thalmor are just plain evil with no redeeming qualities.
    So yea, if I lived in Skyrim, I'd much rather be a victim of the TG and find myself a little poorer than of the other groups At least I'd be alive then.
    You're forgetting that the Thieves guild currently has a contract with the Dark Brotherhood. While they aren't a "noble" group, the fact that the Thieves guild is in bed with the Dark Brotherhood immediately places them well below the Companions. Even though you are turned into a Werewolf, they give you the chance to cleanse yourself and STILL be part of them even with your knowledge.

The Thieves guild in Skyrim is nothing short of a band of thugs. Compare the Thieves guild in Oblivion vs Skyrim. You'll actually notice that they are a step higher than bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    You're forgetting that the Thieves guild currently has a contract with the Dark Brotherhood. While they aren't a "noble" group, the fact that the Thieves guild is in bed with the Dark Brotherhood immediately places them well below the Companions. Even though you are turned into a Werewolf, they give you the chance to cleanse yourself and STILL be part of them even with your knowledge.

The Thieves guild in Skyrim is nothing short of a band of thugs. Compare the Thieves guild in Oblivion vs Skyrim. You'll actually notice that they are a step higher than bandits.
    Yea, sure, they are criminals. But in a land where everyone is a murderer, a monster or just evil maniac who wants to sacrifice people before breakfast a thief is pretty much a saint. But if you think that a group who just steals without harming anyone deserves to die while a group who turns someone into a werewolf and lets them loose on a city theyre supposed to protect..

But sure, ripping a dozen guards apart with your claws cant be as bad as snatching a loaf of bread or picking a flower from a jarls house..

To be honest, I don't think any of the main guilds are evil except the Dark Brotherhood. And they do kill innocents. Most of the contracts are just people getting revenge. They even have you kill the gourmet who is just a bystander just to get to the emperor. I only did their quests once, now they die every time.

I agree that Oblivion TG and even DB were better though, not done better but they didn't leave a bad feeling after I wish DB quests were more like in Oblivion where you just mostly murder bad people, bandit leaders, evil vampire etc. but then again, if you join a bunch of murderers, what do you expect? They could have made the "destroy the dark brotherhood" chain longer though for good characters. Instead of wiping them out during a single quest, you could work for penitus oculatus, trying to catch them, taking out their members one by one when they're trying to commit assassinations and eventually attack their sanctuary.

I don't know about you but I didn't go about wholesale slaughtering guards. You know, since the quest didn't require it.

But if we start condemning factions based on the actions of the player then nothing in the world of Elder Scrolls is sacred.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

I wonder why Paladins are the new Assassins.

Anyway, You're using SKyRe right? Longswords. Rank 1 in the perk for them has a focus on blocking. But get only rank 1, the other ranks are for spellblades.

wedgied by quest locked areas yet again... just need morokei and my mask collection would be complete. is there any way to get in labyrinthian without the thing from the college quests?