10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    well, the government of hammerfell left the empire after the white-gold concordat was signed. from what i've heard, they still actively war with the dominion on their borders, and the dominion has apparently taken the city of taneth. so, i'd say we'll go to speak with the redguard leaders. imo, this could be the start of the final war with the dominion.
    as a stormcloak

I SAY YES

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    new DLC is just speculation right now

but even if it's confirmed, I hope all platforms will get it at nearly the same time. Or does Xbox still have exclusivity on this?
    I believe I recall Microsoft paying a bundle to get dibs so it will probably hit XBox first.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    im sooo glad i have it on my 360

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I believe I recall Microsoft paying a bundle to get dibs so it will probably hit XBox first.
    their deal was only for two dlcs. they're no longer under that contract, and any new dlc will come out at the same time for all platforms. unless there's been a new deal made after dragonborn.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!! oh. my. god. i know EXACTLY what that will be about. oh god... i think i need to change my pants after that nerdgasm T_T

we'll probably go to some place like stros m'kai to discuss relations with the redguards. this could be the start of the final war with the dominion.
    /nerdgasm orgy
    /no homo

NVM ALREADY ANSWERED. I SO EXCITE!

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    as a stormcloak

I SAY YES
    As an Imperial

I SAY I don't know this will work if they're not part of the Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Ahtar is probably the best choice. The executioner from Solitude. You might begrudge him his job, but what he says about how Sybille Stentor "deals" with prisoners - implying he is complicit with what is going on since he is also head jailer - makes me think he is shady. This wiki article explains it, I've seen all the quotations in-game too: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sybille_Stentor.

Uthgerd the Unbroken in Whiterun is a little bit suspicious to me, there is an open letter from Maven Black-briar on her table in the Bannered Mare, which might imply she is an assassin. Although, it's difficult to verify this, and the letter could have been left as an after-thought in development, for some quest that was never implemented. If your character is very evil, you can follow the Namira quest, you get a follower from that who would make a good candidate.
    Being an executioner he does make an obvious choice but he isn't exactly evil and hes married. Uthgerd is already out of the picture unfortunately. I made her into a blade.

And no, my character is an anti-hero but not evil, that's why I can't get Cicero either. Doing generally evilish things for greater good is ok but not murdering people who aren't murderers themselves. Unless they attack me for no reason of course:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    /nerdgasm orgy
    /no homo

NVM ALREADY ANSWERED. I SO EXCITE!

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:13 AM ----------

As an Imperial

I SAY I don't know this will work if they're not part of the Empire...

what do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see it working where you're sent in secret as an envoy to meet with the Redguards to broker an alliance with the Empire. After winning the war in Skyrim and establishing a clear dominance, the Empire is emboldened against the Aldmeri Dominion. However, they are still too weak to hope to stand up against the Elven forces, so they send the Dragonborn - the one who cinched the war for them - to aid the Redguards in their fight against the Aldmeri army. Eventually the Dominion would find out about this betrayal and launch a war on the Empire. Alternatively, it could be spun as the Dragonborn being played up as having betrayed the Empire, so Imperial forces would be hounding you in Redguard whenever the Aldmeri are looking, but otherwise helping or letting you pass.

To maintain parity with the Stormcloak version, it could be largely the same, except the Stormcloaks wouldn't have any reason to hide their intent.

Although, I could see the Aldmeri forces being kicked out of Skyrim. That would solve the issue of traveling back to Skyrim and encountering Aldmeri forces with a pro-Empire character. At that point the DLC would have to take place after the Civil War and Main Quest in order to prevent conflicts with existing quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm

maybe if you are empire allied, you might help the elves

if you are a storm clock, you help the red guard.

I never quite understood why the Empire even gave in to the White-Gold Concordat.

The Empire obliterated the Dominion recently. Then, all of a sudden out of nowhere, the Dominion manages to corner the Empire and makes them sign a treaty. I'm clearly missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i would love to see a stormcloak and redguard alliance. that's the main reason i'm hoping that stormcloak skyrim is the lore outcome for this game.

and flaks, that's one of the main reasons that ulfric and the rest are so pissed about the concordat. the empire called for the treaty from a winning position. mede and his men decimated the main forces of the dominion in cyrodiil, but the empire was exhausted so he signed the treaty to give the empire time to build itself back up. it was sort of a foolish move, but... had the empire fallen too far, some other enemy could swoop in for a killing blow.

another part of the concordat that pissed people off, the terms were almost identical to the terms of a treaty that mede rejected that would have stopped the war from even starting in the first place.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-02-16 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Dealing with the Aldemeri Dominion would be such a big task, so it would have to be a huge expansion to do it justice, it just seems unlikely to me, maybe it could be about the build up to the second great war and not the war it's self.

I am really enjoying Dragonborn it's got a touch of the familiar while bringing new content but Solstheim feels a little small, i am hoping the next patch/expansions is vast, quantity is what i want!

i highly doubt it would even be a fraction of the war honestly. as i've said before, the war is just far too important to be dlc material, but gaining allies for the war would be alright. if they can't do ALL of the places that we'd be fighting the dominion, they should just do a piece of hammerfell, cyrodiil, valenwood and summerset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I never quite understood why the Empire even gave in to the White-Gold Concordat.

The Empire obliterated the Dominion recently. Then, all of a sudden out of nowhere, the Dominion manages to corner the Empire and makes them sign a treaty. I'm clearly missing something.
    Because they wanted a bigger reason for the Stormcloaks rebelling than "Imperials go home?"

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like red guards and nords should get along just fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... Had to uninstall the Immersive Weapons mod. Love most of the weapons in there but a couple seriously hurt my eyes. Of course the Immersive Armors is still a must in my opinion. Think I'll try JaySuS Swords now. Might end up back with Crafting 300 again though. Was always impressed with how they separated the material from the design. Unfortunately they've run into some issues with redoing the armors so its going to be a while before they can include them I imagine.

Still looking for a good Skyforge mod. Its just never sat well with me how they share the steel designs. Still looking for a good shield mod too. Never been a fan of the steel shield.

Word of note for other rerollers, post-Dragonborn... Do not run into Miraak before you finish filling in the Dragon Shouts you want. Annoying as hell.

Figured I should mention, holy crap the aMidianBorn mods are impressive. Really great work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Being an executioner he does make an obvious choice but he isn't exactly evil and hes married. Uthgerd is already out of the picture unfortunately. I made her into a blade.
    No, I don't think he's evil because he's an executioner - although for Stormcloak fanatics who are horrified at the death of Roggvir it might make enough of a case. He implies that he allows a local vampire kill or eat prisoners from time to time - a fate worse than the executioners axe apperantly. I find that quite sinister, especially considering most settlements are hostile towards Vampires.

As for Uthgerd, it is harder to confirm whether she is an assassin or not. The letter looks like a thinly veiled threat from Maven Black-Briar sending someone to "help" the recipient, Christophe Bartlett. Uthgerd claims to have accidentally killed someone in training. Could it have been Christophe? Or are the incidents entirely unrelated, and the letter has nothing to do with Uthgerd.

The problem with Skyrim is so many loose ends are never tied up.

you know, i didn't agree with them killing roggvir at first. but after talking to the guy that works at the winking skeever, i learned what a cruel dickhead roggvir was. so now i don't really care about his execution.

now, since we're the last dragonborn... i was kind of wondering if this would come up. the leader of the tiger people of akavir. he apparently turned himself into a dragon, and he's supposed to be the biggest dragon in the world. so, i'm wondering if we'll have to deal with him in some way? maybe all of this miraak and dovahkiin business got tosh raka's attention and now, since they're the strongest empire in akavir, they're looking to come and kill the dovahkiin and pwn some shit.

Deleted
    you know, i didn't agree with them killing roggvir at first. but after talking to the guy that works at the winking skeever, i learned what a cruel dickhead roggvir was. so now i don't really care about his execution.

now, since we're the last dragonborn... i was kind of wondering if this would come up. the leader of the tiger people of akavir. he apparently turned himself into a dragon, and he's supposed to be the biggest dragon in the world. so, i'm wondering if we'll have to deal with him in some way? maybe all of this miraak and dovahkiin business got tosh raka's attention and now, since they're the strongest empire in akavir, they're looking to come and kill the dovahkiin and pwn some shit.
    Nah, the next DLC will deal with dwemer and falmer and probably takes place in Hammerfell or more likely in Stros M'kai. The last one is supposed to be the biggest and will deal with the Thalmor and probably also selecting the new king of Skyrim. Don't ask for a source though, I can't be bothered to look it up again but it was supposed to be from some tweet from a developer with a good amount of half-confirmed rumors mixed in.

Anyway, I finally got to the Dawnguard part and I have to say I love castle Volkihar! The initial area is just the tip of the iceberg.. I wish the player could get that place fixed up, well, at least partly so all the areas would be more accessible and in use and the garden would get some love again, it looks so nice.

On another note, it's odd that none of the daedric princes are trying to get revenge on me:P I must have made at least 2 of them really mad at me.. Mehrunes for not killing that museum guy for the dagger and Vaermina for letting the priest destroy the staff (that thing really needs some buffs, I wasn't even tempted to kill the priest unlike with the dagger) and they do nothing, even commoners send thugs after me if I steal from them and pirates attack me if I kill their boss.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Figured I should mention, holy crap the aMidianBorn mods are impressive. Really great work.
    I can't use any other weapons because of him.. they just look so good. Everything else feels really low res and bad compared to those weapons and armor. I'm not really sure how I feel about JaySuS Swords though, maybe I'll download it. They look decent judging from those pictures.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-02-17 at 12:31 AM.

eh, the princes aren't very active... you'd think they'd be pretty pissed when their champion is also the champion of every other daedra out there. i find it funny to get the mace of molag bal, then immediately run and do the boethia quest. cause ya know, i'm sorry about beating your former follower into submission, i just needed that lewt.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-02-17 at 12:54 AM.