1. #7221
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'd still say they won't have the person that killed alduin and saved the world being the same person that picks people's pockets for lols... it just doesn't make sense really... like, at all. i could see the college and the companions being the dragonborn, but dark brotherhood and thieves guild are just waaay too opposite of the main story.
    How so? Isn't Bethesda that one that says that you can be whatever you want/however you want?

    Also, weren't some of the past Dragonborns too arrogant/power drunk etc? Who's to say one wouldn't want to see if he can get away with stealing people and what not?

    Don't take me wrong, I find the idea silly too, but that's what I get from Bethesda at times...

  2. #7222
    well, there's guys like pelinal whitestrake. he'd go from being a hero to periods of homicidal madness. i mean, it's in the lore that dragonborn could be like that... but it just seems like bad writing :/

  3. #7223
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    well, there's guys like pelinal whitestrake. he'd go from being a hero to periods of homicidal madness. i mean, it's in the lore that dragonborn could be like that... but it just seems like bad writing :/
    Why? If you haven't noticed every TES protagonist starts out as a prisoner. Doesn't being in the prison imply that they aren't such goody two-shoes to begin with?

    Besides, Bethesda does not write your story, you do! They only write the main quest and possibly DLC parts and add it to the canon lore but your motivations for doing it could be anything. You can play as an evil murdering jerk who puts poisons in peoples pockets for laughs.. or even just be a normal person and get caught in all of it.

  4. #7224
    oh i know, my story is my own. that's why i never do the main quest when i'm gonna play a bad character. and the dragonborn may start out as a prisoner, but that's just because he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. they weren't trying to be bad, they just got caught in the stormcloak mess. lokir was a thief, but even he wouldn't have gotten caught had it not been for the stormcloaks.

    but what i meant, is like, if they're gonna say the dragonborn stopped alduin, it just doesn't really fit to have him also being a bad guy. bieng the world saving hero and the murderous thief just doesn't mesh imo.

  5. #7225
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    oh i know, my story is my own. that's why i never do the main quest when i'm gonna play a bad character. and the dragonborn may start out as a prisoner, but that's just because he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. they weren't trying to be bad, they just got caught in the stormcloak mess. lokir was a thief, but even he wouldn't have gotten caught had it not been for the stormcloaks.

    but what i meant, is like, if they're gonna say the dragonborn stopped alduin, it just doesn't really fit to have him also being a bad guy. bieng the world saving hero and the murderous thief just doesn't mesh imo.
    He could've killed him for his ''glory'' or just to test himself, or maybe for the spoils such a feat could bring, you never know

  6. #7226
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    oh i know, my story is my own. that's why i never do the main quest when i'm gonna play a bad character. and the dragonborn may start out as a prisoner, but that's just because he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. they weren't trying to be bad, they just got caught in the stormcloak mess. lokir was a thief, but even he wouldn't have gotten caught had it not been for the stormcloaks.

    but what i meant, is like, if they're gonna say the dragonborn stopped alduin, it just doesn't really fit to have him also being a bad guy. bieng the world saving hero and the murderous thief just doesn't mesh imo.
    There is no profit to be made in the destruction of the world.

    And particularly evil characters might prefer the world ends on their terms, not because of some stuck up time dragon god.

  7. #7227
    oh i could totally see a bad guy killing alduin. the problem is the way the story up to the killing is. you don't act like a bad guy at all... you can't make it seem like you're in it for your own reasons and you can't tell delphine to go blow, all you can really do is act like a student to the greybeards and act like a comrade to delphine. the story just sets itself up as more of a hero story.

  8. #7228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    oh i could totally see a bad guy killing alduin. the problem is the way the story up to the killing is. you don't act like a bad guy at all... you can't make it seem like you're in it for your own reasons and you can't tell delphine to go blow, all you can really do is act like a student to the greybeards and act like a comrade to delphine. the story just sets itself up as more of a hero story.
    Look at it as a technical limitation. The game simply isn't advanced enough to account for what you want.

    Hopefully we will get a TES game one day that allows for many more story possibilities.

  9. #7229
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Hopefully we will get a TES game one day that allows for many more story possibilities.
    And fitting consequences that have major and tangible ramifications!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  10. #7230
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And fitting consequences that have major and tangible ramifications!
    Dare to dream, brother!

  11. #7231
    Immortal SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    7,152
    As far as what the Dragonborn does being canon? Well, from what I've read the TES canon is pretty messy. There is also contradictory accounts, like how Tiber became emperor. So while it would be a lot for one guy to do, "lore" seems rather grey about what folks will, or won't, do.

    All the mentions lately, in-game, of Hammerfell mercenaries being about? I wouldn't be surprised if Redguard mostly takes place within Skyrim too. Maybe Hammerfell invades Skyrim?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  12. #7232
    hammerfell would be foolish to do that. because the second their armies turn away from hammerfell, the dominion would swoop in and crush every city the redguards own. no, it'll most certainly take place in a part of hammerfell. i would be very surprised if it's not just a small area of hammerfell too, because that place is probably the 3rd largest province of tamriel.

  13. #7233
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And fitting consequences that have major and tangible ramifications!
    The only way I could see that happening is if they release a future TES as a multiplayer game, possible even some hybrid single player/mmo (cities and battlegrounds have other players).

    This is the only way they would want to or be able to do something as massive as that. Otherwise we'd get a very small area and few quests (because there would need to be a lot more options, branching out depending how you solve them) or they would need decades to develop it and it's not worth it unless they want to charge $200-300 for the game. So the only way for it would be releasing subscription fee or regular extra content DLCs and multiplayer to substitute the initial missing content.

  14. #7234
    Played Dragonborn DLC for about 2 hours. Just ran about exploring and killing stuff. The place is...interesting. Need to get into the quests. Been too busy collecting Chitin for the armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  15. #7235
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Played Dragonborn DLC for about 2 hours. Just ran about exploring and killing stuff. The place is...interesting. Need to get into the quests. Been too busy collecting Chitin for the armor.
    It's going to take a few more days for me to finish up Dawnguard sidequests and loose ends before starting the DLC but I was actually thinking about doing the same thing.. just going there wearing only normal clothes and leaving all my fancy stuff behind. Otherwise it would be a shame to miss out on all of the new things or be forced to downgrade all those daedric artifacts and enchanted dragonscale and jewelry for those close-to-beginner level items..

  16. #7236
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    39,228
    i still upgraded to that solhiem armor (side grade really)

    i picked that for rp reasons, better to stay a true nord, than become miraak 2.0


    since i was wearing the rigor mask and using dragon armor, i was pretty close IMO
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-20 at 03:58 AM.

  17. #7237
    I kinda liked the nords too before I got through the Dawnguard main quest and now I don't really know. Reading the history books and talking to the snow elf indicates that the nords just came down from Atmora and committed genocide against all the elves living in Skyrim. They didn't just conquer them, they purged every elf that lived there, even pushed the snow elves to extinction. What's worse is that they are proud about it. They altmer probably deserved it (they kept humans as slaves and killed them for amusement) but the snow elves seemed to be highly developed and peaceful people.

    As for the nordic armor, it's available everywhere in Skyrim as well with Dragonborn installed. I think every bandit chief wears it:P It's decent and looks nice but still not as good as daedric or dragonbone. I was thinking about chitin and bonemold and whatever the Skaal wear.

  18. #7238
    Immortal SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    7,152
    That staltheim armor is butt ugly in my opinion. I'm working my way up to dragonbone as fast as possible so I can equip ebonsteel.



    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:00 AM ----------

    Oh I am not that big of a Nord fan either but it doesn't feel right to me to have one of the mer, kittens, or iguanas, be a dragonborn.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-02-20 at 02:59 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  19. #7239
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I kinda liked the nords too before I got through the Dawnguard main quest and now I don't really know. Reading the history books and talking to the snow elf indicates that the nords just came down from Atmora and committed genocide against all the elves living in Skyrim. They didn't just conquer them, they purged every elf that lived there, even pushed the snow elves to extinction. What's worse is that they are proud about it. They altmer probably deserved it (they kept humans as slaves and killed them for amusement) but the snow elves seemed to be highly developed and peaceful people.

    As for the nordic armor, it's available everywhere in Skyrim as well with Dragonborn installed. I think every bandit chief wears it:P It's decent and looks nice but still not as good as daedric or dragonbone. I was thinking about chitin and bonemold and whatever the Skaal wear.
    that's half the truth. the snow elves and nords lived in relative peace for some time before the fighting started. then the night of tears happened, the snow elves slaughtered almost all of the nords in skyrim. ysgramor was the only survivor of that event, and he returned to give the snow elves the same treatment. it was the elves that instigated the conflict.

  20. #7240
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Elf

    This is a really good website for TES lore, snow elfs were the bad guys

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •