Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    is the Dragonborn DLC story after the normal content? or does it interfere somehow?
    It doesn't interfere as far as I can tell, some lines in the content will change if you have killed Alduin though.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    It doesn't interfere as far as I can tell, some lines in the content will change if you have killed Alduin though.
    it can take place during, but i think it should take place after for RP reasons. It just feels like the last major thing to do. the unique lines make it better imo

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    nah them grey dudes are alright

its them thalmor ones who need a good butt woopin
    No, to hell with them.

The Stormcloaks will prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    No, to hell with them.

The Stormcloaks will prevail!
    Good thing I killed all of the Stormcloaks.

I just can't side with them. I even made a Nord with the intent of joining Ulfric and couldn't bother to play it out. His racism just shuts down any interest I have in his cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post

I just can't side with them. I even made a Nord with the intent of joining Ulfric and couldn't bother to play it out. His racism just shuts down any interest I have in his cause.
    the choice is between a bunch of nationalists and a bunch of fascists

the fascists are morons who screw up what they have. giving away hammerfall, throwing the nords under the bus to please an enemy they could easily defeat

and a bunch of racists who are skyrim for nords!

the choice is between a bunch of nationalists and a bunch of fascists

the fascists are morons who screw up what they have. giving away hammerfall, throwing the nords under the bus to please an enemy they could easily defeat

and a bunch of racists who are skyrim for nords!
    I've already explained why I trust the Empire. The quasi-Aryan nature of the Stormcloaks is just too much for me.

I should also add that I killed the Emperor, if that's worth anything.

If I had it my way the dragonborn would cut down Ulfric for the self-serving scumbag he is and then rally the Stormcloaks under a new banner as an anti-Thalmor group.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

i really want to see a nord/brenton/redguard federation form against the elves and empire

Skyrim for the nords.

As I tend to have nationalistc views, it was an easy choice for me
    Though I agree that Ulfric is stupid at times.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:10 PM ----------

I've already explained why I trust the Empire. The quasi-Aryan nature of the Stormcloaks is just too much for me.

I should also add that I killed the Emperor, if that's worth anything.
    You trust the empire of which you killed the Emperor?

Sounds like a shitty people to trust :P

it can take place during, but i think it should take place after for RP reasons. It just feels like the last major thing to do. the unique lines make it better imo
    I tried it before the main storyline but I ended up going back to an old save. Just didn't feel right to deal with another dragonborn until I took care of Alduin.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Skyrim for the nords.

As I tend to have nationalistc views, it was an easy choice for me
    Though I agree that Ulfric is stupid at times.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:10 PM ----------

You trust the empire of which you killed the Emperor?

Sounds like a shitty people to trust :P
    The Empire still stands. Killing the Emperor was just business. Were it Ulfric instead I would have done it for free and have taken my time.

I think the emperor dies anyway. The DB and other faction chains have always become canon before. I know the player can "destroy" the Dark Brotherhood but in truth you only destroy the false DB under Astrid. Cicero will be at Dawnstar sanctuary with the night mother then, who will pick another listener and the emperor will be killed anyway. Otherwise they would have made it so you could completely wipe them out.

The Empire still stands. Killing the Emperor was just business. Were it Ulfric instead I would have done it for free and have taken my time.
    I think the idea of killing the Emperor to shake up the leadership of the Empire was one of the central themes of that whole quest-line anyway. The question is, is it for the better? Actually, "is it for the better" is what stops me from feeling enthusiastic about most factions and guilds
    So what happened between you and this Renwick customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I think the emperor dies anyway. The DB and other faction chains have always become canon before. I know the player can "destroy" the Dark Brotherhood but in truth you only destroy the false DB under Astrid. Cicero will be at Dawnstar sanctuary with the night mother then, who will pick another listener and the emperor will be killed anyway. Otherwise they would have made it so you could completely wipe them out.
    Right.

Additionally, I play my character as an instrument of change. When killing Alduin, it was to fulfill my purpose; "What better reason to act than to act on destiny?" If an event is going to happen, and I am able to facilitate that happening, then I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Not to mention you don't get to kill Babette.

Sure, it's obviously because Bethesda doesn't want the moral guardians crying out over their child murdering simulator, but in game we can still deduce that she survives and lends a hand in revitalizing the Dark Brotherhood without the dragonborn.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

I'm still kind of surprised that Beth didn't include a Dragonborn faction for the civil war. As long as the new Dragonborn was a Nord, I could see it being a natural third option for at least Whiterun. Maybe even marry with widowed queen. Seemed kind of obvious to me actually. Maybe it would have been just too hard to implement.

the dragonborn should become the high queen/king of skyrim. i mean... we're basically a mix of tiber septim and pelinal whitestrake, we're obviously the best candidate. ulfric is a bit stupid, and elisif isn't even her own woman, faulk firebeard and general tullius would basically be the high kings if elisif is chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    the dragonborn should become the high queen/king of skyrim. i mean... we're basically a mix of tiber septim and pelinal whitestrake, we're obviously the best candidate. ulfric is a bit stupid, and elisif isn't even her own woman, faulk firebeard and general tullius would basically be the high kings if elisif is chosen.
    The last DLC is rumored to finish the civil war and the Thalmor war storylines. Besides, the DB can't become the emperor but hes or her children might for obvious reasons. They can get away with saying an unknown hero of obscure gender and race did this and that but not with putting him/her in a position of authority, such as a king or an emperor.

Well, unless they make becoming a vampire or some such canon so they can say only the closest advisors knew who it really was and the DB was never seen in public. But then again, the elves might win and found a new aldmeri dominion so no one gets to be the king/queen of Skyrim

I've pondered that we might see some sort of war conclusion with Redguard because of how the guards keep referring to all the Hammerfell mercenaries walking around. Somebody must be hiring them. I ponder that we may not see Hammerfell at all and the Redguard are simply the main faction present in that dlc.

omg... i just realized something about redguard. we might finally know who was telling the truth. the alik'r or saadia.

and sirrobin, they're talking about the alik'r. even after you do the quest, they still comment on the mercs looking for saadia.