10+ Year Old Account
    They go to Windhelm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    They go to Windhelm.
    ah ok. was wondering since well.... u kill ulfric

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Did you update to 0.99.23, but not to 0.99.23.2? becasue 0.99.23 added an immunity to all damage to ethereals, and 0.99.23.2 had something among fixing a bug realted to the greybeard's images being immune to damage. But I managed to complete it even with that: The immunity fades on the last second before they vanish, if you shout then you'll get credit.
    *sigh* No... I suppose I need to keep a better eye on updates.

Don't understand how you can go Empire after they tried to kill you at the start of the game. You weren't even on the damn list!

I killed that bitch with pleasure. I tea-bagged her corpse and flattened Tullius with my dwarven war hammer and I didn't give a shit. I was a cold ass Stormcloak. I ain't friends with no Thalmor. Fuck that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Don't understand how you can go Empire after they tried to kill you at the start of the game. You weren't even on the damn list!

I killed that bitch with pleasure. I tea-bagged her corpse and flattened Tullius with my dwarven war hammer and I didn't give a shit. I was a cold ass Stormcloak. I ain't friends with no Thalmor. Fuck that.
    I'm actually thinking about siding with the empire as well. At first it wasn't even a choice, Stormcloaks seemed like the good guys, empire the bad, evil sellouts but my reasons for siding with the empire would be..

-siding with Stormcloaks might break the empire apart for good. They might not be what they used to be any more but it's still better than Thalmor or daedra worshipping argonians or something coming to power. At least the empire was more or less civilized and tolerated all races.

-Ulfric is just stupid and powerhungry. Even if he wins the civil war, he can't expect everyone to just respect an independent Skyrim. Since they are no longer a part of the empire, Thalmor is free to invade them after they're already weakened by the civil war.

-The empire is the only thing that can stop an akaviri invasion. Separate small kingdoms would most likely be overrun even if the peace would otherwise last between them.

-And the most important one:P I like the empire.. if you only did quests there were right or for good, you'd have to skip 2/3 of them or more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

your choice is between fascists who want to kill you and racist nationalists.

needless to say. i joined the storm cloaks on my char, my second 1 will be thalmor elf whos evil and empire, because dey evil

it helped that i was a nord, and i was all like, fuck that why the hell do you want to kill me! OMG THEY CUT OFF THAT GUYS HEAD!

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:31 PM ----------

needless to say I support a brenton, nord, and red guard alliance. that will def help out.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-25 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually avoid taking sides in the civil war. Its never sat well with me that I couldn't create my own, Dragonborn, faction.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I usually avoid taking sides in the civil war. Its never sat well with me that I couldn't create my own, Dragonborn, faction.
    Jagged crown + dragonscale armor = Dragonborn king of Skyrim!

My first character went stormcloak. At first, they seemed like the right "good guy" faction to choose. Then you realize that it's full of bigoted idiots. I was really disapointed after the civil war when there wasn't an option to betray Ulfric and take over the Stormcloaks yourself, or find a suitable replacement for him. But no, the general dies and then nothing actually changes.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if the rumor of red guard is true, than there will be a continuation of the civil war
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-25 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Noticed a few odd things about Skyrim religions:P

Why do the dark elves have a temple for Boethiah and Mephala in Raven Rock? They are pure evil daedra that urge the player to kill friends or sacrifice them. It's even worse than devil worship.

Just found out that the orcs actually worship a piece of reanimated poo (it's in the varieties of faith in the empire book) :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Just found out that the orcs actually worship a piece of reanimated poo (it's in the varieties of faith in the empire book) :O
    That is way too literal an interpretation of what happened.

Why do the dark elves have a temple for Boethiah and Mephala in Raven Rock? They are pure evil daedra that urge the player to kill friends or sacrifice them. It's even worse than devil worship.

"Heralded by the Prophet Veloth, Boethiah is the original god-ancestor of the Dark Elves.[2] Through his illuminations, the eventual Chimer, or Changed Folk, renounced all ties to the Aldmer and founded a new nation based on Daedric principles." that's the reason for boethiah.

"In Morrowind, Mephala was the ancestor that taught the Chimer the skills they would need to evade their enemies or to kill them with secret murder.[1] Enemies were numerous in those days since the Chimer were a small faction. Mephala, along with Boethiah, organized the clan systems that eventually became the basis for the Great Houses." and there's mephala. they apparently aided them in their times of need.

10+ Year Old Account

Because the Daedric Princes are above such mortal concerns such as good and evil. They embody certain chaotic elements, and that takes precedence.

I found this gem on 4chan about whether the Dragonborn should sit down and rule Skyrim or not. I kinda agree with Anonymous, but not for their reasons, but because a well known, ruling Dragonborn would break the trend with the other Elder Scroll games.

Please don't post large pictures. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-26 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Because the Daedric Princes are above such mortal concerns such as good and evil. They embody certain chaotic elements, and that takes precedence.

I found this gem on 4chan about whether the Dragonborn should sit down and rule Skyrim or not. I kinda agree with Anonymous, but not for their reasons, but because a well known, ruling Dragonborn would break the trend with the other Elder Scroll games.

You know you can meet the hero of kvatch in skyrim right. Or at least it's heavily implied that's him.

Shrunk quoted picture. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-26 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The eyes kinda give it away. No pupils and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    You know you can meet the hero of kvatch in skyrim right. Or at least it's heavily implied that's him.
    Yea.. the hero doesn't vanish anywhere. But to be honest, I don't know what happens to the Skyrim hero.. you make a pact with almost every daedric prince there and get their help in exchange for your service in either life or death. Even if you turn them all down or don't do the quests that need to do that, there is still the Dragonborn questline and you sort of become Herma-Mora's servant in the end to replace the old one. So even if you avoid the rest as well as the Morag Tong(lorewise they're supposed to be deadlier than 3 stooges stumbling around in the woods occasionally) and DB assassins coming after you, the Dragonborn main questline is canon.

So more than likely the hero will end up serving him instead or some other daedric prince and will be an antagonist in some future game (considering that the game was practically pushing you to become evil with all those murder quests)

I've got a question about mods. I use a decent number of mods that usually all work fine together for most people, it also seems a lot of people use the mods I do and many more yet have less issues with CTD than I do. I'm thinking it may just be because I have a low end computer. I can run Skyrim at medium with no lag whatsoever and can run many mods that are supposedly very "taxing" as they put it on most computers but I don't have issues with that. What I do seem to have issues with though is CTD when combining different mods. Mostly follower mods, I use AFT (amazing follower tweaks) the mod itself works great but when I try to recruit followers that aren't part of the game I get CTDs practically 99% of the time. It seems to only happen after I recruit another follower while having one already, I can recruit multiple followers from the original game though with no issues. I've tried UFO as well but that one is even worse. I'll get CTD'd without even recruiting any followers. Another one I have issues with is combining Cloaks of Skyrim with Winter is Coming, I can run both fine but when combining them I get a lot of problems, mostly CTD. I know it's not that I'm installing them wrong and I always install compatibility patches when they're required so I just assume it's a problem with my computer. It seems modding my game also causes more issues as time goes on and I keep adding/removing mods. I tried to fix it by re-installing Skyrim which seemed to work for a short time but the issues eventually returned. I can cut down on many of my mods and run it fine but there are some that I've just become so used to that it's hard to enjoy the game without them

Yea.. the hero doesn't vanish anywhere. But to be honest, I don't know what happens to the Skyrim hero.. you make a pact with almost every daedric prince there and get their help in exchange for your service in either life or death. Even if you turn them all down or don't do the quests that need to do that, there is still the Dragonborn questline and you sort of become Herma-Mora's servant in the end to replace the old one. So even if you avoid the rest as well as the Morag Tong(lorewise they're supposed to be deadlier than 3 stooges stumbling around in the woods occasionally) and DB assassins coming after you, the Dragonborn main questline is canon.

So more than likely the hero will end up serving him instead or some other daedric prince and will be an antagonist in some future game (considering that the game was practically pushing you to become evil with all those murder quests)
    i don't think the dragonborn can be taken by a prince. the dragonborn's soul is the soul of a dragon, that would make them akatosh's. i don't think any of the princes want to piss off akatosh by trying to take the soul of a dragon.

I wouldn't look that far into it. You meet jygallag or whatever his name is and it's implied that that was your character at the end of Oblivion but that's just the developers being coy. I doubt theyll actually really break with their tradition of bringing player characters into the next game elder scrolls VI or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i don't think the dragonborn can be taken by a prince. the dragonborn's soul is the soul of a dragon, that would make them akatosh's. i don't think any of the princes want to piss off akatosh by trying to take the soul of a dragon.
    Miraak says hi If you do the Dragonborn main quest then Herma Mora tells you that Miraak is getting too unruly and needs replacing. In the end when he kills Miraak, he even tells the player that it's an example of what happens when you cross him.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I wouldn't look that far into it. You meet jygallag or whatever his name is and it's implied that that was your character at the end of Oblivion but that's just the developers being coy. I doubt theyll actually really break with their tradition of bringing player characters into the next game elder scrolls VI or whatever.
    Well yea, Sheogorath is pretty foolproof. Daedric princes don't have a form and can appear however they like to mortals. Most just prefer taking a certain shape which in Sheo's case is the gentleman with the cane. The Oblivion hero's original looks, race and gender doesn't even matter after becoming a daedric prince. Not sure they want to make all TES heros gods or daedric princes though.. but I could see it working if they make him/her Mora's servant and having the hero make a cameo in some future game, wearing a dragon priest mask.