I get why people say the Dragonborn should rule skyrim but...ut makes no sense. Sure he's a hero who saved the world, doesn't mean you get to rule a country. All the dragonborn knows how to do is fight and kills dragons, I doubt he/she has any idea or experience on what it takes to lead a country, both politically, economically and militarily.

Also keep in mind the dragonborn would have to be nord as well as have some claim to the throne (ie. Be a jarl)

This would be the dargonborn after getting the seat of high king

by the time that the dragonborn would be made queen/king, they would already have experience in military action, experience in skyrim politics, and more combat experience than just about any other person in tamriel. the dragonborn would clearly be a better option for high queen than elisif, who can't even negotiate properly without tullius to guide her...

i don't think you give your character enough credit. all of her/his experiences are about the same as tiber septim's experiences, of course she/he hasn't lead armies yet. the only problem is the required canon race and gender.

The Dragonborn would be a good Emperor/High King/High Queen for the same reason he would be good at anything else.

An ability called "Being the Protagonist".

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    SO the civil war will be over?

so i guess lore wise the stormcloaks won so far? because with out ulfric there is no storm cloaks really. so basically, the empire would just send in more generals to continue the fight

also

DIE THALMOR DIE

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Main characters don't end up ruling any major piece of land in Elder Scrolls. Ever. Otherwise we would have a lineage of emperors that would rival the Septims following from the Champion of Cyrodiil's bloodline. And Morrowind and Cyrodiil would crush literally anything in their path between the Champion of Cyrodiil and the Nerevarine and the Aldmeri would never have left the Summerset Isles.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Actually I think there is a small chance of the dragonborn becoming an emperor. When doing the last Dark Brotherhood quest, I noticed something odd.. Titus Mede II, before he died mentioned something about players ambitions and asked for a favor to kill Amaund Motierre. What other possible ambition would killing him fulfill?

Has anyone noticed that there is no Jyggalag quest in Skyrim by the way? I had completely forgotten about him but isn't he (the most powerful) daedric prince now?

hmm i found a journal in a dungeon today... talked about how her people were killed by the empire and her nation attacked and that all should be destroyed... Skyrim included, it seemed to be from the opinion of a redguard
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    SO the civil war will be over?

so i guess lore wise the stormcloaks won so far? because with out ulfric there is no storm cloaks really. so basically, the empire would just send in more generals to continue the fight

also

DIE THALMOR DIE
    I'm not sure how it's guaranteed that the Stormcloaks won. Has there been official cannon established yet?

While being a stormcloak supporter I also hope they win solely on the fact that I think it would make things more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I'm not sure how it's guaranteed that the Stormcloaks won. Has there been official cannon established yet?

no, but if redguard continues the civil war, I dont see how the storm cloaks would continue with out ulfric

so general T might be defeated. does not mean the end of empire. plus if the storm cloaks win, all the old jarls you replace still live in solitude

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    no, but if redguard continues the civil war, I dont see how the storm cloaks would continue with out ulfric

so general T might be defeated. does not mean the end of empire. plus if the storm cloaks win, all the old jarls you replace still live in solitude
    Well, no, it would pick up depending on where you left it. If you sided with the Stormcloaks it would have them allying with the Redguards. If you sided with the Empire, they would be the ones allying with the Redguards. They wouldn't force the player into a specific outcome that they didn't pick. That would ruin the entire point of the civil war quest line.

If it's a new game, then they could have the Empire reaching out to the Redguards covertly in order to take out the Aldmeri Dominion. There's justification for Stormcloak and Empire victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    hmm i found a journal in a dungeon today... talked about how her people were killed by the empire and her nation attacked and that all should be destroyed... Skyrim included, it seemed to be from the opinion of a redguard
    are you talking about the one that deals with the book "of furi and holgir"? if so, that is a very sad dungeon. can't help but feel bad for the poor woman. but i remember that well, and at the end there is a note from the empire expressing deep regret at the loss of her husband, and that he was a good officer. so i don't think the empire killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Well, no, it would pick up depending on where you left it. If you sided with the Stormcloaks it would have them allying with the Redguards. If you sided with the Empire, they would be the ones allying with the Redguards. They wouldn't force the player into a specific outcome that they didn't pick. That would ruin the entire point of the civil war quest line.

If it's a new game, then they could have the Empire reaching out to the Redguards covertly in order to take out the Aldmeri Dominion. There's justification for Stormcloak and Empire victories.
    I mean lore wise not game wise.

Lore wise is the same. If they decide to have the Empire do it they can. They aren't locked into using the Stormcloaks or the Empire.

Alot of people seam to agree that a mage(non-necro) is underpowered in Master(lv 40+). The forums I have read are 1-2 years old. Is this issue(if it is an issue) still present?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Alot of people seam to agree that a mage(non-necro) is underpowered in Master(lv 40+). The forums I have read are 1-2 years old. Is this issue(if it is an issue) still present?
    I'm using SkyRe so destruction is actually overpowered to the point of ridiculousness:P But even in vanilla it was always strong.. if you reduce the spell cost to zero and dual cast the AoE spells with the stagger perk, you could clear entire rooms without them even be able to fight back and stunlock dragons.

The only issue I had with vanilla destruction was that it didn't scale. It got a bit boring using only 1 spell all the time just because it was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Has anyone noticed that there is no Jyggalag quest in Skyrim by the way? I had completely forgotten about him but isn't he (the most powerful) daedric prince now?
    Jyggalag is Sheogorath.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Jyggalag is Sheogorath.
    i loved his quest

and skyrim poop with him in it

any one else here ever watch those funny vids

Jyggalag is Sheogorath.
    He's free from Sheogorath now but I don't think he's had enough time to free himself from the void and form his own plane yet

Jyggalag is Sheogorath.
    Was actually.. the hero of Cyrodiil is Sheogorath now, Jyg should be free. Still it's weird that there is no mention of him at all in Skyrim.