Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    no more dlc..... thats not...true..... THATS IMPOSSIBLE! NNOOOOOOOO
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-04-16 at 02:09 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I feel really bad for console players because modders are stepping their shit up hardcore and some mods are easily comparable to official DLC's. I'm going to be running out of Skyrim content for a long time.

BTW PC players need to check out Magic Duel - Reborn: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34583 it makes the game so SO much better for casters. I did a few cheats and built up my destruction tree just so I could have fun with this mod. Turn up the difficulty and spam your heart out or die trying.

Also Agent of Righteous Might: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33766

And the Rabbit Hole: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34106

Can't forget the Fight Against the Thalmor series.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

There could still be hope for a "favorite mods" mini-dlc for the consoles at some point. Would be a pretty big shame if Beth didn't do it for them.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    There could still be hope for a "favorite mods" mini-dlc for the consoles at some point. Would be a pretty big shame if Beth didn't do it for them.
    one could hope... SPPPPPAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So, Bethesda just announced that the story of Skyrim is over, no more DLC's, no more patches no more nothing. Want an explanation to all the stuff they left hanging, like the Emperor or the Aldmeri dominion or the revolution in Hammerfell? Wait for a book or the next game..... Honestly, it's pathetic and so dissappointing.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So, Bethesda just announced that the story of Skyrim is over, no more DLC's, no more patches no more nothing. Want an explanation to all the stuff they left hanging, like the Emperor or the Aldmeri dominion or the revolution in Hammerfell? Wait for a book or the next game..... Honestly, it's pathetic and so dissappointing.
    Yeah they even left the next High King of Skyrim hanging in the air. After you finish the civil war the Jarls are basically waiting for the Moot to take place so that they can choose the next High King. Also what happens to the Empire after the Emperor died? Who´s gonna be his successor? Maybe even the Dragonborn himself?

Right now I am feeling that instead of the Dragonborn DLC, which was kinda pointless in terms of story because it did not resolve any of the problems Skyrim had (only introduced the first Dragonborn), they should have done a DLC that officially ends the civil war with a new High King and maybe even a new Emperor or something.

Dragonborn was fun but it was just not connected to the problems Skyrim had at this time (Thalmor, no new High King, no Emperor).

Also I am feeling sad that my PC is a pile of crap that is unable to run Skyrim without heavy problems in terms of performance. As a console player you have nothing left in Skyrim. No mods, no extra content, no new features ... nothing.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-04-17 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Also I am feeling sad that my PC is a pile of crap that is unable to run Skyrim without heavy problems in terms of performance. As a console player you have nothing left in Skyrim. No mods, no extra content, no new features ... nothing.
    Well.. you have at least one hundred hours worth of content...

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Javik View Post
    Well.. you have at least one hundred hours worth of content...
    Sure but Skyrim was released in 2011 and I have been playing it a lot in this time. I would love to extend that with mods or other additional content but that´s now a no-go on my xbox.

I think the grafics from that leaked video reminded me off Age of Conan's style only that Age of Conan looks 10x better, really do hope that was pre alpha build. We will know at E3 the game will be playeble there for sure.

posted in wrong thread lol, was supposed to post in elderscrolls online thread.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-04-17 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    On the contrary, it was SO much fun. I was attacked by another elder dragon while going into a tower, and found myself having to run up and down the stairs, taking potshots at it and stunning it with spells whenever I could to avoid being caught in its breath attacks.

So much more fun than facing a weak dragon that I can absolute obliterate just by spamming fireball at it until my mana runs out.
    You must be pretty screwed if your a warrior type class.

i hope they make mods as dlcs for us xbox users

one can hope....

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i hope they make mods as dlcs for us xbox users

one can hope....
    Extremely unlikely IMO. I know Beth has hinted at it, but I just don't see it happening.

But honestly playing TES on an console is like trying to play something like TWEWY on a smartphone. It works, but its much better on the platform it was originally intended for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Didn't they do a mods cd for Fallout 3? I think I recall them doing one.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

A shame. I was hoping for maybe one or two more DLCs.

But I am kinda glad, I can take it easy with my billions of mods. For some reason Dragonborn and getting SKSE to work was a nightmare for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Beth clearly did not understand the rules to Paper Rock Scissors Gun.
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Please help beginner Skyrim questions

Hello, I will finally be grabbing skyrim soon and had some basic questions. Any help would be much appreciated.

1. I will be getting skyrim for the pc, i want to have the best experience possible, should i attempt to read some pc settings tweaks like .ini tweaks to improve the gameplay?

2. Wondering about patches for the pc version, should i play the game out of the box or patch it? will it affect story/ experience? If so which patch, the latest im assuming? and lastly do I have to install all the patches in order or will the latest patch will have all the content of previous patches?

3. mods, play the game as intended? or grab mods? I Dont want to make the game easy mode or infinite ammo or anything like that.

4. any other tips to maximize my enjoyment as a beginner would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicyde88 View Post
    Hello, I will finally be grabbing skyrim soon and had some basic questions. Any help would be much appreciated.

1. I will be getting skyrim for the pc, i want to have the best experience possible, should i attempt to read some pc settings tweaks like .ini tweaks to improve the gameplay?

2. Wondering about patches for the pc version, should i play the game out of the box or patch it? will it affect story/ experience? If so which patch, the latest im assuming? and lastly do I have to install all the patches in order or will the latest patch will have all the content of previous patches?

3. mods, play the game as intended? or grab mods? I Dont want to make the game easy mode or infinite ammo or anything like that.

Thanks for your time.
    There are more mods that make the game harder, than there are mods which make it easier
    Just browse through skyrimnexus and decide for yourself which you want.

Thanks for your time.
    http://www.skyrimgems.com/

Knock yourself out
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Thanks for your time.
    1- Only after you install mods. See answer 3.

2- Yes, get the latest patch. It's mostly new features and bugfixes. Latest patch is 1.9.

3- Create your character and play through the main story with no mods. Take your time with another questline if you want, but concentrate on the main quest. After you're done, go through lists like Skyrim G.E.M.S. and install whatever pleases you. Start another character and hound the Nexus for more mods.

And trust me, Vanilla Skyrim is the easy mode. Most mods make it harder.

4- Don't be afraid of starting over with a new character. Every time you do, you can do different quests in a different way.

You can of course do what is said above, but for example, I have played about ~800hours and all mods I have are what I would call quality of life mods. So basically I have played all that time nearly entirely vanilla skyrim. I have just made different characters with different skill combinations and different weapons and done different things. I think I still could find places I had never seen up to about 500-600hours played.

What I'm trying to say, get yourself good experience of unmodded game. The main questline can be done in some hours and, imo, you don't get to see the game as it is in that time. So I'd say do the main questline and some of the random quests you might have encountered. When you feel you have seen enough, then get mods. I sure didnt feel like I had seen enough the first time I completed the main quest line.

Bloodsail Admiral

'Elder Kings ' Elder Scrolls mod for crusader kings 2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/elder-kings

This mod takes elder scrolls world into crusader kings 2 gameplay. It greatly expands your choices in the game. Has many different races, tons of new traits, attributes, magicians, a huge map. Look into it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 09:58 AM ----------

Why did you put my post here? This mod has nothing to do with the game skyrim. It is a completely different game.
    Last edited by cenkiss; 2013-04-26 at 06:04 AM.