Make sure you run the BOSS GUI and not the command line version. After you've done that, BOSS should have automaticly given every mod the appropriate BASH tag (delev/relev). After that, you open up Wrye Bash, right click Based Patch.esp and choose "rebuild patch" and just follow the recommended settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Pretty damn comprehensive and even better than Wyrmstooth. I personally just happened to lose interest in Skyrim so didn't play through the whole thing. But the guy did a damn good job making a new world space pretty immersive and including it in the world of Tamriel; voice acting is pretty darn good as well. In fact, I'd say the voice acting is near on par with the Interesting NPCs mod which has better voice acting than Vanilla Skyrim.
    I'm on-again off-again with all TES games. Thinking of starting up again for a bit and want some new content to explore since I've done 1 character to full completion, and 4 more that I finished the 'main' quest without doing all the side quests and achieves and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

So ive never played skyrim...

I am about as burnt out on wow as i can be and i think its time for a breather, but i just wanna know a couple things.

I know absolutely nothing about elder scrolls, never played any of the other games. Should i buy just the original game without DLC or should i buy the legendary edition and enable all the DLC right away?

Mods would be my second question. I really like to play games as stock as possible but if there are mods that make the game more enjoyable, or really make life easier id be willing to install those, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I figure patch 5.4 is about a month away still, perfect time to try out some skyrim, plus its on sale on steam right now.

Go for the big fancy DLC package. Can't really go wrong, Dawnguard and Dragonborn are both solid content and interplay with the rest of the game very well.

As for mods, SkyUI is the only one you really *need* for the PC. Everything else is gravy and graphical mods.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3863//?

Seriously though, SkyUI. Use it, love it. Default UI is horrendous and impenetrable, easily the worst thing about Skyrim.

For real gameplay mods, I'm a big fan of Frostfall, which is a survivalist mod that makes Skyrim's cold a legitimate danger, but not everybody's into that. Gameplay and convenience mods are very much a personal discretion sort of thing. I'd recommend checking out what the top mods in various categories on Nexus are to get a feel for what's out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a decent computer and you want it to be pretty realistic... here are a list of mods that will make the gameplay experience FANTASTIC.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...ds_for_skyrim/

The starvation one isn't necessary, but the others are something you'd go crazy without.

It's hard to go wrong with the Legendary edition. The DLC is solid and enjoyable, and due to the open nature of the game, you could start the DLC without even knowing it. It's not a side story or an afterthought like a lot of DLC. All Elder Scrolls games DO have a main storyline, but the best part of Elder Scrolls is the ability to do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it, and in any order you want to. You could theoretically start up the DLC as soon as you're done with the opening sequence (outside of the cave after the Dragon attack).

Personally, I don't run any mods myself. The only mods I'd really use would be ones to fix some shadow problems and maybe higher resolution textures, but my current system wouldn't really handle those very well (soon to change in about a month and a half). That being said, there's TONS of mods out there, including ones that drastically change how the game is played. It's your playground, experiment with whatever sounds interesting. It's perfectly playable with no mods, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Ok skyui, got it.

Also, if i buy the legendary edition do i need to mark checkboxes to enable the DLC (kinda like fallout) or will it just recognize i have all the DLC. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so some mods just enhance the graphics. I have heard of the high res texture pack, does that come with the legendary edition or a seperate download? I have an ok PC that can handle some stuff, gtx 465 and a core i5 2500k.

My advice, get the DLC at start.

Run without mods at first (I disagree with Hereclus, I can't stand SkyUI).

But know that if you run into anything that annoys you or you want to change, there is almost certainly a mod for it.

When you do decide to start modding begin by loading up graphical mods first if your PC can handle them, definitely get some hairstyle mods or other mods that allow you to make cooler looking characters, then checkout some high res texture mods for your weapons and armor.

then load up mods that add user generated content (new weapons and armor, houses, quests, etc) but make sure they aren't gamebreaking (some people like to create OP weapons).

Save the mods that drastically change gameplay mechanics until after you have had the 'vanilla' skyrim experience.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-07-20 at 03:55 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ok skyui, got it.

Also, if i buy the legendary edition do i need to mark checkboxes to enable the DLC (kinda like fallout) or will it just recognize i have all the DLC. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so some mods just enhance the graphics. I have heard of the high res texture pack, does that come with the legendary edition or a seperate download? I have an ok PC that can handle some stuff, gtx 465 and a core i5 2500k.
    you need to mark the checkboxes but they come marked so you can basically ignore that
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is great, but although i dont think you are, DO NOT buy it for console! I prefer console over pc when ever i can but damn was the game ported over awfully
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ok skyui, got it.

- - - Updated - - -

They get auto-enabled when you install them but you can 'uncheck' them in the launcher if decide you want to play without them.

Mods mods mods

SkyUi
    Skyrim 2k textures
    Amidianborn books of silence (4k textures)
    SkyRe or Requiem (gameplay overhaul)
    Sky birds
    Birds and flocks
    Birds of Skyrim
    Skyrim Flora overhaul
    Warzones - civil unrest
    Towns and villages enhanced
    The Elder Scrolls Places (adds cities from the first game)
    Deadly Dragons
    Amazing Follower Tweaks or Ultimate Follower Overhaul
    Back off barbas
    Aesir armor (customizable armor, lore friendly)
    Legend of the Eagle's Nest (best lore friendly house you can get for the game).
    Cloaks of Skyrim
    Frostfall
    Realistic needs and diseases

Make sure that you have a back up hard drive to put all your mods in and that you triple read the installation instructions, otherwise it will turn in to a nightmare.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-07-20 at 04:01 AM.

Here is why you should use graphic mods:

Skyrim, female character in leather armor - No mods:
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...0px-Bujold.png

Skyrim, female character in leather armor - with mods:
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/m...1349968252.jpg
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-07-20 at 04:28 AM.

OP, do NOT buy the game right away. As much as I love the game and would say it's pretty much in the top 3 of the best games I've ever played the game is NOT for everyone.

I would recommend playing at a friend's place or just getting vanilla Skyrim for $12 bucks are so and trying it out before you go for the legendary edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    OP, do NOT buy the game right away. As much as I love the game and would say it's pretty much in the top 3 of the best games I've ever played the game is NOT for everyone.

I would recommend playing at a friend's place or just getting vanilla Skyrim for $12 bucks are so and trying it out before you go for the legendary edition.
    If someone is into RPGs, this game is absolutely phenomenal for that. Theres a ton to do, and even if you just finish the main story line and ignore everything else its worth the money.

With the addons to improve graphics, its absolutely gorgeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Killing a bandit is like making love to a maiden.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    If someone is into RPGs, this game is absolutely phenomenal for that. Theres a ton to do, and even if you just finish the main story line and ignore everything else its worth the money.

With the addons to improve graphics, its absolutely gorgeous.
    Just a fair warning because A LOT of people pick up the game because of the hype/huge following and end up disappointed. I was the same way with Bioshock Infinite which turned out to be one of the worst FPS's I've played in my personal opinion despite the acclaim it received.

And on the improved graphics thing, really, REALLY ease up on the improved textures because it seems they're making computers hit the 3.1 GB RAM cap which causes the game to auto-crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The Elder Scrolls Places (adds cities from the first game)
    is this Mod as good as the description makes it seem?

Wondering if I should download it.

Deleted
    Thank you Flaks and others for the mods suggestions, I'm having a whole lot of fun so far

So now for more specific needs: I want to spec my character in single-handed combat and shield, do you have any recommandation for something that would make that playstyle more enjoyable?

I'm also quite the hoarder and love to decorate my house with armor sets, unique items, gem-filled chests, etc. Are there mods I should check out for this, whether player house or anything that facilitates decorating? (like "glueing" items in place so they don't fall to floor, if it's possible?)

There are several combat overhaul mods. Skyrim Redone has it built in, but it is a module you can disable for compatibility with other combat mods. The biggest are Duel - Combat Realism and Duke Pattrick's Combat & Archery mod. I think both of them add locational damage such as headshots.