Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    is this Mod as good as the description makes it seem?

Wondering if I should download it.
    It's not really fleshed out with quests but it's more places to explore and I really like it. I'd also recommend Elvenwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's not really fleshed out with quests but it's more places to explore and I really like it. I'd also recommend Elvenwood.
    Thanks Flaks, I'll try those 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Make sure you run the BOSS GUI and not the command line version. After you've done that, BOSS should have automaticly given every mod the appropriate BASH tag (delev/relev). After that, you open up Wrye Bash, right click Based Patch.esp and choose "rebuild patch" and just follow the recommended settings.
    Going to quote this in case people missed it. I'll try it out again for Monster Mod and SIC. Still think Gopher needs to make one of his painstakingly clear tutorials for it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    There are several combat overhaul mods. Skyrim Redone has it built in, but it is a module you can disable for compatibility with other combat mods. The biggest are Duel - Combat Realism and Duke Pattrick's Combat & Archery mod. I think both of them add locational damage such as headshots.
    Ultimate Combat also adds headshots and it's my preferred combat mod. Tktk, the mod author, also has some of the best combat enhancement mods out there between dodge mod and tk hit stop.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just downloaded Skyrim off Steam, and I got the intro bug, where I can't move after getting off the wagon. The first time I launched Skyrim the camera was spinning all around when the wagon would hit a rock, then it got stuck before entering town. Then I relaunched it and it had intro bug. The only way I have found so far is to download someones saved game. Tried to re do the intro a few times and some times the wagon just stops and the dialog keeps going, or I get to the end and no one gets out of the wagon. Anything I should try?

Win8 64x
    760gtx sli
    i7 3750k
    12gig ram
    520ssd
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    So I just downloaded Skyrim off Steam, and I got the intro bug, where I can't move after getting off the wagon. The first time I launched Skyrim the camera was spinning all around when the wagon would hit a rock, then it got stuck before entering town. Then I relaunched it and it had intro bug. The only way I have found so far is to download someones saved game. Tried to re do the intro a few times and some times the wagon just stops and the dialog keeps going, or I get to the end and no one gets out of the wagon. Anything I should try?

Win8 64x
    760gtx sli
    i7 3750k
    12gig ram
    520ssd
    No mods at all? That sounds like a problem I ran into after installing an animation skeleton mod that was wonky.

Right Click the game in steam, properties, local files, then click verify integrity. See if that fixes it.

If it doesnt, you could try a different starting area mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9557/
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I had to get mods /

I changed the stance of my chars so 3rd person looked better.

And I felt the magic system needed more spells. It felt really under-developed. So I have mods focused towards that.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow when I have time. I'll also try that mod if that doesn't work. I pretty much just installed it and started playing, I don't even know how mods work yet.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    No mods at all? That sounds like a problem I ran into after installing an animation skeleton mod that was wonky.

Right Click the game in steam, properties, local files, then click verify integrity. See if that fixes it.

If it doesnt, you could try a different starting area mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9557/
    Try this but also make sure you download the Unofficial patches from the Nexus as well for the game and all 3 DLCs. You'll be pretty much bug-free outside of mod incompatibilities/issues once you get those; or at least I have been with 400+ hours put into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I had to get mods /

I changed the stance of my chars so 3rd person looked better.

And I felt the magic system needed more spells. It felt really under-developed. So I have mods focused towards that.
    To be a little more specific here for anyone wondering what prwraith might have been using might I recommend the Apocalypse Spell Package (I liked it more than Midas magic more but it's worth trying out either or both) as well as Forgotten Magic which puts in a spell leveling system. And if you're a caster you really cannot ignore Magic Duel 2.0.

For some animation/changes or smoother looking combat in third person I'd recommend Immersive Animations though I stick with the Vanilla animations personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post

Win8 64x
    760gtx sli
    i7 3750k
    12gig ram
    520ssd
    Try forcing v-sync, or limiting your fps to 60.

Skyrim physics go nuts if you grossly exceed 60 fps.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-07-22 at 09:06 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

[QUOTE=Flaks;21836104]

To be a little more specific here for anyone wondering what prwraith might have been using might I recommend the Apocalypse Spell Package (I liked it more than Midas magic more but it's worth trying out either or both) as well as Forgotten Magic which puts in a spell leveling system. And if you're a caster you really cannot ignore Magic Duel 2.0.
    [\QUOTE]

I'll second this. I love Apocalypse Spell Package. There is also a nice 'Magical Items' package that has a ring that absorbs a tiny big of magicka from people around you based on their distance, if they are hostile towards you. It also has a Helm item and a 'mage sword' and... an amulet maybe? That are all pretty good for mages. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, unfortunantally. I'll come back and edit it in when I get home if I remember.

Also there is a Warhammer 40K Space Marine mod that gives you the armor/weapons for like 5 of the chapters and increases your size, it is quite entertaining if you feel like just messing around for a couple hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Ultimate Combat also adds headshots and it's my preferred combat mod. Tktk, the mod author, also has some of the best combat enhancement mods out there between dodge mod and tk hit stop.
    Aye, the tk mods are great. However they all seem very script heavy which can cause problems in a heavily modded game. I started getting long freezes from the hitstop mod after a while from what I assume are script conflicts or bloating. I'm reinstalling Skyrim right now and "trimming the fat" as much as I can for stability, and I think those are some of the mods that need to go. Script mods that focus on combat are particularly bothersome due to Papyrus being too slow for the task in practice. I'll just have to stick with one major combat mod.

Other mods that are known to cause a lot of issues are Warzones, Player Headtracking and Footsteps. The headtracking mod even made me unable to complete the Dragonborn main quest since it was incompatible with the dragon riding mechanics. I don't know if they ever fixed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing my monitors resolution back down to 60, turning on triple buffering and vsyc worked. Thank you!
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Skyrim Question

So I have owned Skyrim since the day it came out, bought Dawnguard and recently picked up the new Dragonborn DLC and yet.... I have never ONCE moved past the main plot passed meeting the Silver Blade people. Never once did an ounce of DLC, I always end up doing 10000000000 side quests and the DB chain because I always play as a Sneaky/Stealth Bow Assassin. Not fond of Skyrims melee at all. Here lies my issue, I have always cheesed my Stealth to 75+ right off the bat because it seems until you hit 4/5 Sneak everything spots you like mad which if you are playing a bow guy you get bent over.

Honest question I have never found out for sure, how hard is it REALLY to play a Stealth character if you actually just level Sneak as you play?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its incredibly easy, once you get around 35ish sneak it becomes quite easy to get around undetected. Using a bow for stealth ambushes levels stealth up quite quickly. Just make sure you wear light armor so you make less noise. You can also enchant boots with muffle or cast the spell that has the same effect. Make sure you walk and don't run when you really need to be quiet until you get the perk in the stealth tree that makes movement speed irrelevant.

I honestly found stealth in Skyrim to be incredibly dissapointing once you got it up high. It just got too easy. I have never gone more than 1/5 in sneak either, other points in it just seemed like a complete waste.

Deleted
    I also found sneaking to be ridiculously overpowered in vanilla to be honest, but had lots of fun playing it.

Can you guys recommend me a house mod? There are just so many on the Nexus and I can't decide which to pick, especially since some appear to come with stupid naked women bathing inside, which I absolutely don't want. I'm mainly looking for something with lots of mannequins, weapon plaques and other furniture to expose my trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Luks View Post
    I also found sneaking to be ridiculously overpowered in vanilla to be honest, but had lots of fun playing it.

Can you guys recommend me a house mod? There are just so many on the Nexus and I can't decide which to pick, especially since some appear to come with stupid naked women bathing inside, which I absolutely don't want. I'm mainly looking for something with lots of mannequins, weapon plaques and other furniture to expose my trophies.
    If you have the rig for it and want a super grand one go for Dovahndor.

There's also the Elysium Estate which is a simple and super lore friendly house but once again will hit the graphics pretty hard.

Also The Asteria which is a flying Dwemer ship.

Deleted
    There are lots of mods which balance Sneaking and make it more interesting/tactical. Path of Shadows is the only one i rember the name though, you would have to look around on Skyrimnexus, they have an own categorie for Stealth.
    I play as a Sneaking type class most of the time, too. Even with the right mod, it may feel overpowered, but trust me, if you dont mangage to take down every enemy before they discover you, you have to run away or are dead meat. Its exactly what an Assassin should feel like, invincble in the shadows, but vulnerable in direct combat.
    Last edited by mmoc31ea1fca31; 2013-07-24 at 08:49 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know I'm a couple years too late, but I just picked up the Legendary Edition from the Steam sale and....wow. Even before adding some mods, this was the best game I have ever played. And that is saying a lot. My wife and I haven't been able to put it down. I'm sure over time I'll grow bored of the activities, but the world they created is mind blowing.

Granted they don't deserve all of the credit, since comments and mods seem to suggest they put out pretty buggy/unfinished games and allow their mod community to perfect it, but as far as my experience (which includes all those additions) this game is near perfect. I used to always dismiss it because of how many people played it, talked about it, etc...but I was incredibly wrong.

This game is amazing.
    BAD WOLF

I'd say the main draw Skyrim has over pretty much every other game in the industry is the massive, immersive, and absolutely beautiful world. It's not even so much the things you can do in it or the stories or the combat; just the world. Other developers have finally come to realize that THAT is the charm of the Elder Scrolls series and so they're jumping on to the open-world ship. And it is the reason I'm looking forward to Witcher 3 so much. Hopefully it'll hold me over until ESVI.

The bugs/unfinishedness are hardly problems if you're playing the game for the world. Avoid fast traveling and you'll enjoy the game even more. I WOULD recommend getting the unofficial patches though as they'll take care of some bugs that do break immersion (like dragons twitch flying across the sky or a bear that slides around everywhere). Graphical mods are a great idea even though the vanilla game itself is already pretty gorgeous.

If you're enjoying the world, you aren't going to get anything less than 200-250 hours of gameplay in before you start getting bored. And even then a bit of a break will ensure you can get another 100 in. And that's all on a single character.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-24 at 08:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're enjoying the world, you aren't going to get anything less than 200-250 hours of gameplay in before you start getting bored. And even then a bit of a break will ensure you can get another 100 in. And that's all on a single character.
    I did get all the bugfixes and graphical mods, which makes the world come alive and pop even more. I'm literally in awe every time I log on. It is the most immersive and large feeling game, more than any MMO has even come close to reaching for me. I literally can't look at MMOs the same anymore when comparing it to this, which has become my own personal MMO.

They could just keep adding DLC to this game for 10 years and I would play it as long as it keeps expanding the world. Screw TESO, I don't need other people, just more land. I do enjoy the story and characters though, it helps in my immersion. I mean it is seriously well done. And the way the DLC integrates into the game instead of just adding additional things to do is awesome.

And you're right, this is just on one character. While the second time around won't be nearly as interesting, I already am creating multiple characters in my head to tackle the world differently. I did the cliche good guy warrior, but I want to create a thief who is focused on sneaking, stealing, lock picking, and just murdering anyone I feel like to further my own goals. I'm not sure how well any of this will fit in with the quests in the game, but the good part is that I could ignore all of the quests and just go looting and killing and still be able to progress my character.

I think that is a large part of what makes a game like this so great. Freedom to almost do anything you want, instead of having to follow a set path. When the world is that large and you can go freely...it's just crazy.
    BAD WOLF