The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So what's their deal ?
    I don't think any mod is mandatory. The game is great without any mods.

Unless you are already into modding games I wouldn't bother. Play it vanilla till you get bored. Them just add a few mods off the steam workshop to add some new things to the game.

So what's their deal ?
    bug fixes lots of them skse better scripting improvements ssme or options in skse .ini fixes the main reason skyrim crashes in game how it handles memory.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what's their deal ?
    While Skyrim is an amazing game, you can't really give much of the credit for the finer tuning to the devs. There is a lot of broken and buggy stuff that was never fixed that these mods resolve. I would say they are 100% mandatory, considering some of the bugs will ruin your entire save. You can use workshop for them and otherwise play the game vanilla.
    BAD WOLF

I'm actually not seeing the Unofficial Skyrim Patch on the workshop. Looks like the author removed it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87144366

Saw this linked in a mod that someone used to patch the patch, haha. And either way, no search terms are bringing it up.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm actually not seeing the Unofficial Skyrim Patch on the workshop. Looks like the author removed it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=87144366

Saw this linked in a mod that someone used to patch the patch, haha. And either way, no search terms are bringing it up.
    get mods from here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually not seeing the Unofficial Skyrim Patch on the workshop. Looks like the author removed it.
    Huh...I guess they're placing all their support on the official site. I wanted to make it easy, but I guess you'll have to do it the 'difficult' way. Use their Nexus program and get it from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/? like the other poster said. Be careful looking though, you may see 100 things you want and you'll have to avoid them for later.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim modding is becoming my new MMO-like time sink now. There's always just that one thing missing, or one new follower that would be super fun, or something. I spent about 7 hours just modding and about 10 minutes playing because i'm STILL not satisfied! I use MO and have a super stable list of 140ish mods that has yet to crash saved from years of tweaking and adding. But there's always more.....always.......more......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Skyrim modding is becoming my new MMO-like time sink now. There's always just that one thing missing, or one new follower that would be super fun, or something. I spent about 7 hours just modding and about 10 minutes playing because i'm STILL not satisfied! I use MO and have a super stable list of 140ish mods that has yet to crash saved from years of tweaking and adding. But there's always more.....always.......more......
    For me, I spend several nights updating mods and getting things in order. Then, after about 10-15 hours of gameplay, I see some updates or some other mod. Then its back to installing and starting back with a fresh save. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Found this on 9gag. Anyone who can relate? (:
    http://9gag.com/gag/aVQrWeM
    Totally relate. And honestly I have a crapton of fun with the actual modding portion of it. I just wish I had a higher mod limit! >_>;;

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm maxed out on mods at about 98 because half of them are graphics/sound/model/texture improvements. I'm running an ENB with Imaginator, 4k textures, and everything else you can imagine that doesn't conflict. I get a little bit of lag doing sharp turns in the closely packed cities like Whiterun, likely b/c of how many plants and misc objects are in my version, but the rest of the game is pretty smooth.

Getting some CTD during play, but not often. Seems to happen when I try to do things with the UI too quickly while in very graphically intense areas.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    98 Mods? Nonono my friend, you are not maxed out. You need to go...deeper. >: )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    98 Mods? Nonono my friend, you are not maxed out. You need to go...deeper. >: )
    Most of what I want is just visuals though, so I'm pretty 'there'. My base gameplay is handled by SkyRE and alternate start, but otherwise I just want to play normal Skyrim. After this play through I need to do a magic user with a magic mod and then I'll finally be ready to tackle the content mods. Maybe there is something I haven't thought of, but what I have seems pretty complete for what I look for.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Most of what I want is just visuals though, so I'm pretty 'there'. My base gameplay is handled by SkyRE and alternate start, but otherwise I just want to play normal Skyrim. After this play through I need to do a magic user with a magic mod and then I'll finally be ready to tackle the content mods. Maybe there is something I haven't thought of, but what I have seems pretty complete for what I look for.
    I really enjoy the realism mods like RND and Frostfall...but then you need to DL mods for Cloaks, Camps, Lanterns, Cooking Overhauls, ect...

Modding is like taking a Wikipedia adventure. You start off looking for the Knight's Watch armor and end up thinking that ponds sure could use some extra ducks in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I really enjoy the realism mods like RND and Frostfall...but then you need to DL mods for Cloaks, Camps, Lanterns, Cooking Overhauls, ect...
    I didn't realize I edited the part of my post where I said I don't care for the realism mods at all. I can see how lots of those would be compounding, but yeah....I even reached the point of having HD Butterflies...so I know how it goes with needing more ducks in a pond.

Right now I have so many visual mods I'm actually starting to have difficulty finding the look I want. I have large problems balancing darkness versus bolder colors, fires making everything too yellow and washed out, and washed out super light colors anyways. What looks perfect on the outside makes dungeons really ugly/hard to play. I don't like having to change my settings every time I go in one, but I have only spent about 3 days working on it.

I guess that's what happens when you're using just about every single graphic overhaul, an ENB, and Imaginator together.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Another trailer
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

He's so divine that the elves outlawed him.

:^)

Deleted
    Hello.
    I didn't play Skyrim for long time but recently something is pushing me to do it again
    But .... is it possible to play skyrim in isometric mode, like old rpgs - but by isometric mode i mean not only camera view but whole gameplay - fights too.
    Is there a mod to make it possible to make skyrim camera and gameplay more like Dragon Age: Origin ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronet View Post
    Hello.
    I didn't play Skyrim for long time but recently something is pushing me to do it again
    But .... is it possible to play skyrim in isometric mode, like old rpgs - but by isometric mode i mean not only camera view but whole gameplay - fights too.
    Is there a mod to make it possible to make skyrim camera and gameplay more like Dragon Age: Origin ?

Yes, there are a few camera mods out there. Unfortunately they don't translate very well when you want to target stuff for combat. For just running around they're great, but I don't think they will provide the experience you are looking for.

my nords are true to the empire, but wear their talos amulets at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    my nords are true to the empire, but wear their talos amulets at all times.
    I wonder what your nords think about the The Talos Mistake.