Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yep, I had a couple of builds where this was the only solution. And there was even one build where I had to just reinstall everything, Skyrim included. Sometimes ish gets really broken.
    I have currently 155 mods installed, if something breaks that is a total nightmare. Be glad your list is so short
    Luckily 5 years of modding Skyrim gives you a good enough understanding, that you can tell most of them what is the problem, even without Loot etc. But even then, i have to reinstall more often than i like..

Well, I think I found the culprit.

King's Test 3.esp (which is a faster leveling mod) Enable it, game crashes trying to go to vampire lord perk tree, disable it and it works fine.

/sigh I don't really enjoy the idea of having to play forever in order to have my "all perks" character being able to get all perks. I wonder what I can do to make sure the mod doesn't fuck with Dawnguard's Vampire Lord perks.

EDIT: Apparently it was a known issue for this mod and the mod author put out another one that seems to work.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2016-06-29 at 09:25 PM.

After a while, i'm actually waiting for the HD remaster. It's not that i have a lot to do in game, but i want to try a different build for the lulz - heavy armor, shield, frost magic and summoning zombies XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    After a while, i'm actually waiting for the HD remaster. It's not that i have a lot to do in game, but i want to try a different build for the lulz - heavy armor, shield, frost magic and summoning zombies XD
    I had compatibility issues with Requiem and didn't feel like troubleshooting, so I went back to SkyRe for the Perk Overhaul. Regarding summoning Zombies, SkyRe lets you also summon Skeletal Warriors. You get materials by harvesting bones from fallen foes. And yes, blasting with magic from afar while your undead legion annihilates the enemy is totally rad. I can see the appeal that all those "evil necromancers" must have felt. >: )
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I had compatibility issues with Requiem and didn't feel like troubleshooting, so I went back to SkyRe for the Perk Overhaul. Regarding summoning Zombies, SkyRe lets you also summon Skeletal Warriors. You get materials by harvesting bones from fallen foes. And yes, blasting with magic from afar while your undead legion annihilates the enemy is totally rad. I can see the appeal that all those "evil necromancers" must have felt. >: )
    I didn't use skyre or requiem, as i find them over the top and management sucks. There's another perk mod - Ordinator - that imho does an egregious work while not making the entire thing bloated and compatibility is a breeze.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if I will need to get the hearthfire dlc to get this (remastered) or will it work with just the others?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Does anyone know if I will need to get the hearthfire dlc to get this (remastered) or will it work with just the others?
    Well, I think the announcement did say "Skyrim Legendary Edition or Skyrim + all DLC (which is basically the Legendary Edition)." So, shot in the dark, you'll need all DLCs including the $5 one that adds house building + adoption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know yet if current Skyrim mods will work with this new 'remastered' version? For PC, will it be basically just a DLC or a brand new game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Do we know yet if current Skyrim mods will work with this new 'remastered' version? For PC, will it be basically just a DLC or a brand new game?
    I think I read somewhere that Bethesda said that current mods would still work. But I take that with a grain of salt, as a new version of Skyrim will need a new version of SKSE (a 64-bit version no less) to get SKSE related mods to work (like SkyUI and basically any mod that uses the MCM that comes with SkyUI). Simple mods that use no scripts may work. Mods that use scripts but not built with SKSE may or may not work depending if they change anything with the scripting engine (Papyrus).

So basically all it boils down to is, "I will believe it when I see it." Right now, I don't believe many mods will actually work with the Skyrim Remaster, and Bethesda is just blowing smoke.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't believe for a second that all mods will immediately work guaranteed. I know what they are thinking, that they didn't touch the gameplay code and only rendering, but they can't really know what all mods out there do. I imagine a lot of them hit things that the overhaul does and they will break.

That being said, it shouldn't be very difficult for the mod authors to have new mods up and running. They must have been working with some of the more known ones to commit to addons on console(including showing them in the trailer), though it's a surprise none of them leaked the announcement ahead of time. I mean there were rumors, but no confirmed reports.
    BAD WOLF

Some of the best mods won't work until SKSE gets updated, if it does at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Bethesda said that current mods would still work. But I take that with a grain of salt, as a new version of Skyrim will need a new version of SKSE (a 64-bit version no less) to get SKSE related mods to work (like SkyUI and basically any mod that uses the MCM that comes with SkyUI). Simple mods that use no scripts may work. Mods that use scripts but not built with SKSE may or may not work depending if they change anything with the scripting engine (Papyrus).

So basically all it boils down to is, "I will believe it when I see it." Right now, I don't believe many mods will actually work with the Skyrim Remaster, and Bethesda is just blowing smoke.
    Valid point. I'd imagine things like texture mods will function, but like you said, anything requiring SKSE will have to wait for SKSE to be updated. Fingers crossed.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Well, I think the announcement did say "Skyrim Legendary Edition or Skyrim + all DLC (which is basically the Legendary Edition)." So, shot in the dark, you'll need all DLCs including the $5 one that adds house building + adoption.
    For some reason I thought I remember the legendary edition before the dawnguard dlc, but that could be remembering when I bought the game for my brother.

Either way I bought hearthfire as it was only like $2 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    could've gone for morrowind or oblivion.
    Impossible.
    There is several incompatible versions of Morrowind.
    At least two incompatible versions of Oblivion.

If they are to create a single remastered versions, all the Morrowind mods will break. Same with Oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modding sure has come a long way...

Recently got bored and installed Skyrim + all the newest and shiniest mods. It really does amaze me how much you can change the game if you dig deep enough into the best mods. I'm using the lock-on mod and dodge mod and, now that I've been modding Skyrim for years, I'm pretty familiar with what mods cause bloat etc. Limiting the script mods gives me a really smooth experience similar to the Souls series.

Now maybe I'll actually beat Skyrim for once. Each time I play the game I end up just modding in quests, doing my favorite guild storylines, and quitting. I've never properly beaten the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Modding sure has come a long way...

Recently got bored and installed Skyrim + all the newest and shiniest mods. It really does amaze me how much you can change the game if you dig deep enough into the best mods. I'm using the lock-on mod and dodge mod and, now that I've been modding Skyrim for years, I'm pretty familiar with what mods cause bloat etc. Limiting the script mods gives me a really smooth experience similar to the Souls series.

Now maybe I'll actually beat Skyrim for once. Each time I play the game I end up just modding in quests, doing my favorite guild storylines, and quitting. I've never properly beaten the main story.
    Same, I installed Legacy of the Dragonborn with Alternate start, where you are a relic hunter and you are the curator of a museum in Solitude. You have to fill it with all the items, from iron stuff to artefacts, books, fauna, etc. It also give you personnal quarter where you can stock material and it automatically place everything in the right chest, and grab what you need from there when you craft. So you have to do all the game content if you want to get everything, cause there are also items from mage college, thieft, assassin, etc., to gather and expose in the museum. Very fun for those like me who like to explore and grab everything.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Same, I installed Legacy of the Dragonborn with Alternate start, where you are a relic hunter and you are the curator of a museum in Solitude. You have to fill it with all the items, from iron stuff to artefacts, books, fauna, etc. It also give you personnal quarter where you can stock material and it automatically place everything in the right chest, and grab what you need from there when you craft. So you have to do all the game content if you want to get everything, cause there are also items from mage college, thieft, assassin, etc., to gather and expose in the museum. Very fun for those like me who like to explore and grab everything.
    Whoa...what? I've never even seen that was a thing in Alternate start. I really hope they add that mod to the console releases, because I am all over that. Basically being Indiana Jones of Skyrim? yes please.

What do you pick for that option? Maybe I haven't played since an update to the mod or something.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you pick for that option? Maybe I haven't played since an update to the mod or something.
    If you have both installed, I'm pretty sure you just start in Solitude and it will automatically start the Legacy quest.

Another pretty sweet mod I've been playing around with is Worlds Dawn. It adds Diablo-style loot that has randomly generated magical properties. It also adds another set of attributes that you can use to level up your character (Strength, Agility, Dexterity, etc), that add bonuses like ranged damage, critical chance %, and so on. Some examples of loot I've encountered with this mod: chest piece that gives a critical damage boost and a chance on hit to increase my stamina recovery. Boots that give me extra carry weight and more gold off of drops/chests. Sword that drains health and also increases my agility.

It basically adds more incentive to explore dungeons, and keep exploring dungeons when they reset.

Whoa...what? I've never even seen that was a thing in Alternate start. I really hope they add that mod to the console releases, because I am all over that. Basically being Indiana Jones of Skyrim? yes please.

Yeah when you have both installed there is that option, you pick "Arrived on a boat" and when Mara ask where, you say Solitude. Go to the bed to start, and youll start as a relic hunter, with a letter to go help a friend at the museum and be the curator!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Yeah when you have both installed there is that option, you pick "Arrived on a boat" and when Mara ask where, you say Solitude. Go to the bed to start, and youll start as a relic hunter, with a letter to go help a friend at the museum and be the curator!
    Unless things have changed since the last time I did this, there is actually an option that says something along the line of being a relic hunter for a museum, or being a curator or something. I don't think I ever picked the option "arrived on a boat" for anything. That that does is put you in that particular town. If you choose Solitude, that just lets you start the quest for Legacy as normal.

I guess both ways will technically work, but there should be a legit option on there for it.