I'm reading that they did this with Oblivion as well so the modders could fill in the details? Forgive my ignorance, never played the other TES, just read the storylines

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by randomdonk View Post
    I think they need to remove the stuff from vendors once u buy that out. Its stupid that u can just wait 48 hours and buy the mats once again.
    Really? Why? I mean, if you buy a carton of milk in your local store, should that store then never sell milk again? The vendors obviously have suppliers.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need to remove the stuff from vendors once u buy that out. Its stupid that u can just wait 48 hours and buy the mats once again.
    Well then the shopkeepers would be out of business pretty fast I reckon, with no supplies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    Honestly, now that I'm 42 I don't see the problem everyone has with destruction. Of course you can't scale its' damage to heavens and make it OP, but so what? Currently I got me some legendary daedric armor, enchanted each piece with destro cost reduction + whatever felt appropriate to me. Right now I dual-cast spam free incinerates on elder dragons not letting them do a single thing thanks to constant stagger - the kill usually takes 10-15 seconds from the moment dragon lands. I don't have the slightest problem with any other enemy either - spamming free dual-cast expert spells kills things very quickly without letting them attack me at all - and since I wear daedric armour even if some stray arrow does hit me it's no big deal.

Oh, and yes, I do play on master, before anyone mentions it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Honestly, now that I'm 42 I don't see the problem everyone has with destruction. Of course you can't scale its' damage to heavens and make it OP, but so what? Currently I got me some legendary daedric armor, enchanted each piece with destro cost reduction + whatever felt appropriate to me. Right now I dual-cast spam free incinerates on elder dragons not letting them do a single thing thanks to constant stagger - the kill usually takes 10-15 seconds from the moment dragon lands. I don't have the slightest problem with any other enemy either - spamming free dual-cast expert spells kills things very quickly without letting them attack me at all - and since I wear daedric armour even if some stray arrow does hit me it's no big deal.

Oh, and yes, I do play on master, before anyone mentions it.
    What expert destruction spells are there? Or have I got the concept completely the wrong way? I've only played as a sneaker / brawler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Can someone tell me the difference in damage between an ebony sword and a Daedric sword (no gear, # of perks included)? I'm debating if I want to spend 5 perks going to the Daedric tree just for better swords -.- Or, can you even *find* unenchanted daedric swords?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz View Post
    What expert destruction spells are there? Or have I got the concept completely the wrong way? I've only played as a sneaker / brawler.
    Most importantly stronger versions of firebolt etc. Incinerate, Thunderbolt and Icy Lance afair. I THINK fire/lightning/frost walls are on this level as well, but I never use them so I wouldn't know.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Can someone tell me the difference in damage between an ebony sword and a Daedric sword (no gear, # of perks included)? I'm debating if I want to spend 5 perks going to the Daedric tree just for better swords -.- Or, can you even *find* unenchanted daedric swords?
    Probably at a high'ish level, 40+ or something. Ebony Blade however gets better as you kill friends....

Agreed! I know I certainly HATE when I go back to the grocery store down the street and they have restocked from the stuff I bought last week. You would think they were trying to make a profit or some BS.

Has anyone been able to make a successful dagger assassin?
    It seems like bows are a lot easier to use.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac0322 View Post
    No clue, I haven't even seen any "unique" daggers at all. Oh wait, that's not true, there was that "Bloodthorn" or something....

I am a dagger assassin, I'm using Blade of Woe from the Dark Brotherhood questline (In my left hand) and using Mehrune's Razor in my right. It works pretty well, at high levels of sneak you can walk up behind people in a room and take down each one without the others seeing you
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Blade of Woe from the Dark Brotherhood is better than most swords, actually. Dagger assassin is pretty easy once you get the Dark Brotherhood gear. Have to sneak around at night to be effective though.

Bows are easier to use, but they don't have the ridiculously insane damage bonus for sneak attacks as Daggers do.

Once you get to a certain point though, as far as the damage of the bow goes, that doesn't matter much anyway.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I'm a level 32 Dagger assassin and I find it a lot easier than archer assassin. Especially with the delicious 30x damage.
    And top sneak skill in case you're in combat. OHGODYES.
    A dragon attacks you? Crouch -> Instantly hidden -> Attack dragon -> lol30xdamage.

Mehrune's Razor. Blade of Woe.
    That's the ones I used, haven't found that many unique daggers other than that.
    And a herp derp to me hahaha, that's what I get for not paying attention at the butter-knives hah

Anyone know if you can find Daedric swords? I'm finding Ebony Swords now, but I have my doubts about Daedric...I don't want to waste 4 perks just for two swords -.- Not to mention i'm 49 now, i'm not going to be getting levels fast soon.

Haven't tried dagger assassin yet. Just discovered the delicious utility of putting paralyzing poison on my bow (15 sec duration), hitting that GOD DAMNED PYROMANCER with it, and then running up and beating him into red mush with my maces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac0322 View Post
    I'm trying it now and it's working really well, much better than with a bow in fact. At first I was afraid to try it as well, playing on master and all.. and my lousy orc bow seems to do so meager damage, even though I'm at 55 archery, level 19. Then I just went and crafted myself two elf daggers after getting that 15x damage perk, upgraded them and went to try it out and was positively surprised.. the stealth DW power attack can 1 shot most of the opponents when the bow only takes like 1/10th of their health away, even as a surprise attack and my 1h skill is only 29.

As for the sneaking behind them part, yes, that can be tricky but I've found out that when in groups or facing me and standing in the light, it works really well if I lure them. Show myself for a second so they come to investigate, hide behind the corner and when they start walking back, jump out and *splat*. Also, when caught or the opponent doesn't die right away, daggers (with some 1h skill) make much better weapons than a bow to finish them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Anyone know if you can find Daedric swords? I'm finding Ebony Swords now, but I have my doubts about Daedric...I don't want to waste 4 perks just for two swords -.- Not to mention i'm 49 now, i'm not going to be getting levels fast soon.
    Yes, you'll find Daedric weapons and armors laying around, but they're quite rare in comparsion to ebony gears.

Quote Originally Posted by morlem View Post
    Well I found this game boring as hell. I spent most of the Saturday after it came out playing the game and it felt lackluster to me. Nothing felt epic about the game nothing made me go wow the was the best thing ever. Even after the first dragon fight I went meh. the combat felt boring. And honestly I not the kind of guy who can spend 200 hours playing side quest and ignoring the story.

Im sorry if I offend you guys but that's my opinion and some people need to learn (not just this thread but all threads) that if a person thinks this is a bad game maybe he is not trolling. Maybe its not just his type of game. The words good and bad are two of the most subjective words in the words in the world.

TL: DR I did not like the game. And one mans treasurer is another mans trash

edit I did not see Justintimes post above while making this post.
    On a objective view, Skyrim is a poor console port. The menus are obviously not right, the controls sometimes bugs out. On a subjective view, I'm sorry if this offend someone (not really sorry) but I also think Skyrim was overrated. I have the feeling that the game is really shallow in the mechanics but really long in the features, as in levels, perks, terrain etc. That's why it didn't caught my attention for long. Honestly I had more fun in terraria and Deus Ex

Thank the gods I decided to "test" it first, I almost spent 60 dollars on it because of all the hype it got