Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Dragonborn is a human with dragon blood. He'd be absolutely no match for Talos. Talos is basically omnipotent. All knowing, all seeing, all powerful. Even if he chooses to appear in a physical form, and you kill him, he wouldn't actually be dead, or even hurt, and he could stop you with a thought.

In general, the 9 Divines are completely superior to the daedric princes. With a thought, the 9 Divines could make the daedric princes not exist. For example, Mehrunes Dagon, during the Oblivion crisis he came to Tamriel in his physical form. He was defeated by Martin, as the avatar of Akatosh.

Without the intervention of the 9 Divines, that would have been the end of the world. No mortal army, even the Empire, the Aldmeri Dominion, and all dragons teaming up, would have ever been able to even wound Mehrunes Dagon. He's a virtually invincible, all powerful force of destruction.

He is so infinitely limited compared to the 9 Divines though. Dagon destroying the world, (without the use of his army) would require him to individually kill every mortal. When the dwarves tried to tap into the power of the dead god Lorkhan, their entire species vanished in an instant. That's the difference between the daedra, and the 9 Divines. Extreme overwhelming power vs true omnipotence.

Concerning beings currently on the physical plane, the dragonborn is really high up there. If I had to guess, I'd say he's the second strongest, under the Neravarine.
    Very damn interesting. Thanks for the insight!

I really do feel like I picked the wrong horse as an orc worshiping Malacath. Seriously, when you knowingly bend your knee to something another god literally crapped out...

Playing this game slowly made me realize how good blizzard is; and how much we've been spoilt with good gameplay.

I've put in about 35-40ish hours into this game; and now I have almost no incentive to open it up anymore.

I'm playing a one-handed dual wield warrior; level 42 or 43 now. I'm probably 2/3rds through the main quest (just finished the mountaintop stuff). Dragon + daedric armor and weapons, 100 smithing, 100 one handed, 100 alch, 70 or so enchanting; 65 or so restoration magic.

Everything I come across dies in 3-4 hits at most. Why is game balance so bad ? What's the point of levelling up skills and getting better armor if there is absolutely zero challenge from any of the enemies in the game ?

Dragons that are supposed to be all "EPIC" and "MAJESTIC" die to 1 shout and 4-5 hits. "hard" in this game seems to just involve pausing more, using the same craptastic ui and using just a few more potions. Why ?

Combat involves :

1. Nudge close to enemy
    2. Hit right/left mouse buttons
    3. Nudge back
    4. If health is low then {spam click 10,000 potatoes, 200 potions} else go back to (1).

Combat is supposed to be a reward in itself of gameplay; not sure why bethesda never realized this. Combo points, multiple resource mechanics, proc and reactive abilities, multiple attack directions, debuffs, or simply put = HITTING MORE BUTTONS. Another thing, constantly pausing in a real-time game totally destroys game flow and immersion.

Using spells or bows involves wading through an ocean of horrendous UI garbage. I'm not sure I've ever seen a UI this unresponsive or horribly designed.

Every other kill there is a badly animated "slow motion" death scene; very similar to fallout 3 ones; that appeal to the "AMG EXPLOOOSHUNZ" crowd. The beheading is usually done wrong and the camera angles are really weird. Why not make a QTE death move or a finisher or just do away with this gimmick completely ?

Every dungeon seems to be 1 of 3 types :
    1) Crypts
    2) Indoor barracks/tower type affair with a spiral staircase (the spiral stairs are a must guys)
    3) Dwemer ruins with falmers.

Quests are the same mmorpg crap of fetch/deliver/kill [aka fedex quests]. The worst of these are the "gather 20 nirnroot" or "gather 5 flawless sapphire and get 100gold yay" type quests.

- get quest from npc
    - fast travel to dungeon
    - take everything that has some value (300+)
    - fast travel to store and sell
    - fast travel to npc to end the quest (NPC: Omg you saved the universe! You are now the king of the world!)
    - repeat

Levelling itself isn't balanced; you level up in the most bizarre way in this game. Quests themselves give you zero xp. XP progresses based of skill use. However there's a problem. As you level up a certain skill, it takes longer and longer to level it up. And if you go to a trainer it gets incredibly costly.

BUT, getting +1 skill level in ANY skill has exactly the same xp progression for your character. What this means is as you reach higher levels; if you want to level up; it becomes optimal to go to a trainer and train in a skill you rarely use since it's cheap; or use crap skills on opponents and then switch to your weapons. Again doing this means wading through a mountain of dung that is the UI.

As you level up you rapidly outscale your npc companions, which become little more than an extra backpack to dump dragon bones/scales/ore on to. Because it somehow makes sense to allow friendly fire; onto an npc that will die in 2 hits.
    Companions don't always follow you, and there is no notification if they die. Every time you save you have to make sure your companion isn't dead. If you think he/she's stuck somewhere and not realize they're dead; and then hit quicksave THAT'S IT. You just lost 10 dragonbones and the companion; whoopteedoo. Horses are also equally retarded; they die in 1 hit apparently and just have to attack everything.

Which brings me to - inventory weight: why does stuff weigh so much ? Why do I have to open up the crap UI every time I pick up something and trade it to my companion ? Even with 420 carry capacity the entire inventory system is an exercise in frustration ....

And so then I have to run back to my "home" and put junk in cupboards. When I want to make dragon armor I grab them and walk at 1 cm per second to the smith in whiterun - but o no you can't fast travel so it takes a full 10 minutes to do this.

The main quest so far is very disappointing - it's the same cliched "chosen one" that gets to kill dragons. There is a big evil dragon rezzing dragons, only you can kill him. He still dies in 5 hits though, of course.

The economy is another thing that i find strange. It's just so easy to make money in this game. But it's just annoying. Merchants having a fixed gold limit serves no purpose to make the game fun, why implement this in the first place ? To level smithing I had to hit the wait 48 hours thing about 30 times to wait for smiths to restock. NPCs only have 2000g, so selling a lot of high value stuff means fast travelling all over the place to find that 1 npc with more than 500g left.

Then there's LOADING SCREENS for every single small house in cities. There's a loading screen for the companion house in whiterun, then ANOTHER loading screen for the basement. whyyyyyy ???
    I know loading screens take 3-5 seconds but it's just annoying as hell.

Voice acting is probably better in general than oblivion and fallout 3 but some of the npc's have really bad fake accents and the typical bethesda bored voice actor comes to light quite often.

NPCs generally look much better but the classic gamebryo fish eye expressionless stare is still omnipresent.

Classic to bethesda traditions every single npc has the personality of a potato, and aren't memorable at all. It's never possible to really talk to your companion or have them comment about the area or quest you're in like in other rpg's. They say the same 3-4 things ad nauseum.

Bugs, I won't go into much detail, but the entire markath zone bugging out and being hostile after a quest (until i did the stormcloak chain and conquered it), dragons stuck in mid-air, suddenly swimming in zones. Weird and buggy steal/wanted system.

It's been a mediocre hiking simulator; with some pleasant bits like the misty village for the drunken daedra quest and some of the early spriggan caves.

Someone please tell me why this game is good again.
    Also, why the hype ?
    Last edited by Neeshka; 2011-12-03 at 03:55 AM.

In general, the 9 Divines are completely superior to the daedric princes. With a thought, the 9 Divines could make the daedric princes not exist.
    I dont think "9 divines" are as omnipotent as you say they are Laurcus. Yes Akatosh is probably stronger than any daedric prince, but all gods have different powers and their strengths are not the same. Infact in the game's universe its not clear what kind of limits any of immortal beings have and where they really have come from. If youve read any ingame books, there are many different fictional writers who speculate and contradict each other. And the nine divines are often refered to as aedra - the opposite of daedra. One book speculates that daedra and aedra are merely spirits who achieved godhood by some means like worship. And infact the more one god is worshiped the more powerful he is, if that is the case that is probably the reason why Aldmeri dominion outlawed Talos worship, maybe some god is leading them and doesnt like how powerful Talos had gotten from the worship in the north, and now Talos' power will be significantly diminished.

Heres a little dialogue from the game between Boethiah and you:
    - Are you some kind of god?
    - A god? Assuredly not! When was the last time you saw evidence of Aedra in the world? No, we Daedra are far more powerful than any god. And among my brethren, I am the most feared.

Yes shes very arrogant but shes not completely full of shit. Daedra can enter the world much more often and much more easily without so much effort and affect the world.
    One of the myths states that Aedra gave part of their power away to create the mortal world, but daedra didnt give anything and kept all to themselves, they are just having fun.
    Last edited by frozenkex; 2011-12-03 at 03:28 AM.

Picked the game up yesterday. Was on my way to that Barrow with my follower when I came across a peasant who was going to sacrifice a cow to some giants. Decided to follow him and see how that turned out instead. Long story short, the giants disregarded the cow entirely and simply squashed him flat as he approached. I love this game.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Also, why the hype ?
    I enjoy it because it lets me play because it's a fantasy game which lets me play any which way I want at any given time. I enjoy the fact that I can spend a few hours doing nothing but wandering the forests and tundra and reading every book I find because I might just suddenly feel like doing that. I find the game also has a lot more replay value once you master it on a certain type of character. I've pretty much become godly with maxed enchanting and blacksmithing using 1h sword and shield. My response to that? Reroll a pure mage, or do a rogue wielding a 2h mace. Get creative. Also, my friends and I started the Skyrim Hardcore mode where we turn the difficulty up to master and impose a no fast travel rule. We play until we die, at which point we delete the save.

Overall the appeal to the game for me is in its freedom. I've spent game sessions where I've done nothing but just explore the map and try and locate whatever random marker pops up on my compass. Right now I am actually scouring all of Skyrim in search of the missing volumes for some of my book collections. I'm specifically looking for the wolf queen V.2. It's things like that which attract me to the game and keep me playing.

i like how Ulfric rewarded me on first liberation quest with Daedric sword because i was level 60, then on next ones he gave me simple steel sword and then he gave me a hide shield. Got to love the randomization.
    Brb retrieving "iron dagger" from ancient dwarven ruins, cuz someone lost it there and its important.

How do you get dragons to land? Twice I've had them circle me and then fly away.

Playing this game slowly made me realize how good blizzard is; and how much we've been spoilt with good gameplay.

I've put in about 35-40ish hours into this game; and now I have almost no incentive to open it up anymore.

I'm playing a one-handed dual wield warrior; level 42 or 43 now. I'm probably 2/3rds through the main quest (just finished the mountaintop stuff). Dragon + daedric armor and weapons, 100 smithing, 100 one handed, 100 alch, 70 or so enchanting; 65 or so restoration magic.

Everything I come across dies in 3-4 hits at most. Why is game balance so bad ? What's the point of levelling up skills and getting better armor if there is absolutely zero challenge from any of the enemies in the game ?

Dragons that are supposed to be all "EPIC" and "MAJESTIC" die to 1 shout and 4-5 hits. "hard" in this game seems to just involve pausing more, using the same craptastic ui and using just a few more potions. Why ?

Combat involves :

1. Nudge close to enemy
    2. Hit right/left mouse buttons
    3. Nudge back
    4. If health is low then {spam click 10,000 potatoes, 200 potions} else go back to (1).

Combat is supposed to be a reward in itself of gameplay; not sure why bethesda never realized this. Combo points, multiple resource mechanics, proc and reactive abilities, multiple attack directions, debuffs, or simply put = HITTING MORE BUTTONS. Another thing, constantly pausing in a real-time game totally destroys game flow and immersion.

Using spells or bows involves wading through an ocean of horrendous UI garbage. I'm not sure I've ever seen a UI this unresponsive or horribly designed.

Every other kill there is a badly animated "slow motion" death scene; very similar to fallout 3 ones; that appeal to the "AMG EXPLOOOSHUNZ" crowd. The beheading is usually done wrong and the camera angles are really weird. Why not make a QTE death move or a finisher or just do away with this gimmick completely ?

Every dungeon seems to be 1 of 3 types :
    1) Crypts
    2) Indoor barracks/tower type affair with a spiral staircase (the spiral stairs are a must guys)
    3) Dwemer ruins with falmers.

Quests are the same mmorpg crap of fetch/deliver/kill [aka fedex quests]. The worst of these are the "gather 20 nirnroot" or "gather 5 flawless sapphire and get 100gold yay" type quests.

Levelling itself isn't balanced; you level up in the most bizarre way in this game. Quests themselves give you zero xp. XP progresses based of skill use. However there's a problem. As you level up a certain skill, it takes longer and longer to level it up. And if you go to a trainer it gets incredibly costly.

BUT, getting +1 skill level in ANY skill has exactly the same xp progression for your character. What this means is as you reach higher levels; if you want to level up; it becomes optimal to go to a trainer and train in a skill you rarely use since it's cheap; or use crap skills on opponents and then switch to your weapons. Again doing this means wading through a mountain of dung that is the UI.

As you level up you rapidly outscale your npc companions, which become little more than an extra backpack to dump dragon bones/scales/ore on to. Because it somehow makes sense to allow friendly fire; onto an npc that will die in 2 hits.
    Companions don't always follow you, and there is no notification if they die. Every time you save you have to make sure your companion isn't dead. If you think he/she's stuck somewhere and not realize they're dead; and then hit quicksave THAT'S IT. You just lost 10 dragonbones and the companion; whoopteedoo. Horses are also equally retarded; they die in 1 hit apparently and just have to attack everything.

Which brings me to - inventory weight: why does stuff weigh so much ? Why do I have to open up the crap UI every time I pick up something and trade it to my companion ? Even with 420 carry capacity the entire inventory system is an exercise in frustration ....

And so then I have to run back to my "home" and put junk in cupboards. When I want to make dragon armor I grab them and walk at 1 cm per second to the smith in whiterun - but o no you can't fast travel so it takes a full 10 minutes to do this.

The main quest so far is very disappointing - it's the same cliched "chosen one" that gets to kill dragons. There is a big evil dragon rezzing dragons, only you can kill him. He still dies in 5 hits though, of course.

Bugs, I won't go into much detail, but the entire markath zone bugging out and being hostile after a quest (until i did the stormcloak chain and conquered it), dragons stuck in mid-air, suddenly swimming in zones. Weird and buggy steal/wanted system.

It's been a mediocre hiking simulator; with some pleasant bits like the misty village for the drunken daedra quest and some of the early spriggan caves.

Also, why the hype ?
    Here's the thing - you're comparing Blizzard games, where it is a very constructed game experience (aka you can't really do anything that the designers haven't specifically put in there for you to do), to an Elder Scrolls game where you have a lot of control over the world and what kind of experience you have. You kind of have to figure out how to get the most enjoyment out of the game, and the main problem is that you just aren't clear on how to do that yet.

You pretty clearly need to bump up the difficulty, play on expert or master. It is absolutely possible to min/max and abuse skills and overpower things, that's why its up to you not to do that for the sake of enjoyment! You only get frequent "instant-kill" animations if you're overleveled and over powering the mobs, and there's a number of ways you can fix that. It also sounds like you took skills designed to exploit overpowering your weapons as much as possible (smithing, alchemy, enchanting) - no duh everything dies in one hit!! Its your own damn fault, the game isn't going to babysit you. Also archery and magic doesn't have those animations. Start over as a sneaky archer/thief without enchanting on master difficulty, then see if you feel the same way.

You're wrong about how leveling works, when you level up a skill, it contributes more towards your level the higher the attribute is. Making archery go from 90 to 91 contributes way more towards your next level than increasing lockpicking from 20 to 21, for example. Why would you get better at things for finding someone's note or doing random quests? The whole point is that you improve at what you do, so you actually have to practice things to level them up. It makes more sense than quest leveling.

The dungeons aren't very samey at all, they feel and are constructed very uniquely. Caves tend to differ a lot from each other, crypts, forts, and dwemer ruins all tend to be VERY different from each other. The mines are a little bit samey, but not all of them. Every dungeon feels different and fun to me.

You can't both talk up Blizzard games and also criticize Skyrim's quests. Here are the sum total of wow quest types:
    1. kill x numbers of something
    2. collect x numbers of things off of corpses
    3. fetch things from npcs
    4. use quest items in the field somewhere

And the quest can only be completed in that specific way. ES games don't work like that - you can sometimes choose different factions, you can often times complete a quest in a number of ways (violence vs. thievery vs. mind control/illusion vs. persuasion/intimidation).

I started over on the PC after I realized I was dumb for starting out on the PS3, and I TRIED to start off by doing the same quests...and I found that I absolutely couldn't, because the world just took me in different directions. You can't play the same game twice even if you tried to.

I agree with the quoted, but the game is still good. The story is flawed and some writing wasnt good, but that wasnt because of the dragon ressing dragons.
    Also half way through the game you gotta realize that 90% of the stuff you were hoarding and trying to make money for something was pointless. Because really in skyrim you shit gold, you probably never gonna need more dragonbones than it takes to make one dragonbone set, and set for some followers. Gotta admit i never use a follower. I stopped pickpocketing and stopped looting stuff that has weight, i still have 150k g, all houses and i have ebony greatswords crossed on shieldracks and probably 200k+ in stolen goods somewhere stashed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Mind posting the commands?

I sided with the Stormcloaks and no matter what I do he just won't murder that one women that allows me to start the quest
    It's a very sloppy workaround and there are scattered chairs dotted around the house that probably should be cleaned up (they give a use-prompt as "investigation target" but clicking on them has no effect).

setstage 000a7b33 10 (buys the house, you must have the 12k cash)

completequest ms11

completequest ms11b

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    You pretty clearly need to bump up the difficulty, play on expert or master.
    higher difficulty doesn't really change game mechanics; you just have to pause more and drink potions more. The enemies don't get smarter or anything; neither does "skillful play" affect your game. In fact I don't even know what skillful play means in this game.

the game isn't going to babysit you.
    Not sure what you mean by this; it's quite easy to figure out most of this game and find out which builds and professions give an optimal character.
    Bad game design =/= babysitting.
    Why would you get better at things for finding someone's note or doing random quests? The whole point is that you improve at what you do, so you actually have to practice things to level them up. It makes more sense than quest leveling.
    Why does hitting a lowly bandit count for the same as finishing an alduin quest or killing a gigantic dragon ?
    Sorry that doesn't make sense to me.

You're wrong about how leveling works, when you level up a skill, it contributes more towards your level the higher the attribute is
    Nope, I've checked this multiple times. At higher levels when, say, your one-handed skill is almost maxed; it takes FOREVER to get another point in 1h. If you wanted to level your character with that it would be suboptimal.
    If however you go to a trainer and randomly train alteration at 200g a pop; it would take your character through the main character levels lots faster.
    Once you max out one-handed; your character doesn't even get xp from kills. The only way to get xp at that point is to level up other stuff.
    So going from 90-91 one handed takes ages; but going from 1-20 in alteration takes seconds at the trainer. Regardless at 100 one-handed hitting stuff with 1h weps won't progress your character.
    I'm not sure why you can't see the flaw with this.

Where do you guys think the next game of TES will be? I'm thinking Black Marsh, or the deserts of the cat people (hard to spell), or even Sovngarde? (I know sovngarde is like afterlife, but so was oblivion.)

After playing Skyrim for 50+ hours, my impression of Bethesda is the marathon runner that gives up the race just 100 meters short of the finishing line. Graphics and artwork are outstanding, but the writing and especially the game mechanics leaves A LOT to be desired which is sad when designing the game mechanics for a SP game are trivial compared to the work done to the engine, graphics and art.

Why go 2H when a 1H and shield does more DPS and has better armor? Why is dual-wielding doing so much more DPS than everything else? Why the make damage reduction scale linearly with amor rating when WoW all these years has proven beyond doubt this is a bad idea? Why so many useless power attack perks? Why aren't there more things to spice up the combat like multiple arrows per shot, flaming arrows, dual-wield 2Hs, throwing knifes etc? As I played along I just seem not to notice the stuff that could be done so much better that would only took a little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    the deserts of the cat people (hard to spell), or even Sovngarde? (I know sovngarde is like afterlife, but so was oblivion.)
    The cat people land is Elsewhere (Elsweyr) not hard to spell :P.
    Oblivion is not after life, its a different plane/dimension or even world. NOT afterlife at all. And it definitely wont be Sovngarde.
    Elsweyr definitely a possibility.

The debates are cool and all. I've personally stayed out of siding with one side or another so far.

What I want to see in the future:

Vampires vs. Werewolves. Though made to be not as cliche as usual.

Culling of the Aldmeri. I hope this entails going back to Cyrodiil and/or the Imperial City considering how the map is already in Skyrim.

Last but not least: the return of Oblivion. We had Sheogorath and Dagon attempting to have direct link to the mortal plane. Why not have repeatable Daedric quests where we get to venture into different planes of Oblivion for each of the Daedric princes in the game.

Also a lore question: Mehrunes Dagon says he's more powerful than any of the Divines. I want to see this tested for myself outside of Akatosh's face-off against him in Oblivion. Like the return of Talos after defeating the Aldmeri dominion. If they could somehow tie in the Aldmeri dominion to the Daedric princes WITHOUT HAVING IT BE A REPLICA OF THE MYTHIC DAWN, I would jizz in my pants.

P.S. Skyrim could do with some Oblivion. Too much snow. Too little fire. Even the with the dragons about.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 05:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    After playing Skyrim for 50+ hours, my impression of Bethesda is the marathon runner that gives up the race just 100 meters short of the finishing line. Graphics and artwork are outstanding, but the writing and especially the game mechanics leaves A LOT to be desired which is sad when designing the game mechanics for a SP game are trivial compared to the work done to the engine, graphics and art.

Why go 2H when a 1H and shield does more DPS and has better armor? Why is dual-wielding doing so much more DPS than everything else? Why the make damage reduction scale linearly with amor rating when WoW all these years has proven beyond doubt this is a bad idea? Why so many useless power attack perks? Why aren't there more things to spice up the combat like multiple arrows per shot, flaming arrows, dual-wield 2Hs, throwing knifes etc? As I played along I just seem not to notice the stuff that could be done so much better that would only took a little effort.
    As much as I agree completely with your post I want to say that Skyrim had so so so much in it that when push comes to shove the little things don't much matter. Not only that but DLC's and/or mods will cover up or its flaws and better yet Hammerfell or Elsweyr or whatever ES VI may be will address these issues right out of the box. I'm hoping for a little faster paced combat personally in future games.

I'd also like to see some "out door" dungeons. Pretty much more Sovngardes or Paradises.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-12-03 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm hoping for a little faster paced combat personally in future games.
    Oneshotting everything with sneak attacks not fast enuf?

Also a lore question
    Uhh didnt see any question there.

Also, why the hype ?
    wait wait wait wait wait...wait.

blizzard, good gameplay? when I played wow, especially pve, it was: wipe, wipe, wipe wipe > wait for kids to take a break > wipe wipe wipe > kill boss > get out rolled > call it a night after 2-3hours of mindless annoyance. rinse and repeat for next raid and beyond.

pvp was: sit in 10min que with 2 afkers, 1 botter > be top dps and most completed obj > LOSE and gain only 100 honor. rinse and repeat til you exit out of boredom.

all games can be boring if you wish them to be. you're complaining about the game being too easy, and complaining that money is too easy to get. well, heres a genius thought? why don't you avoid using these 'easy' methods to acquire gold and easy leveling?

why don't you avoid using these 'easy' methods to acquire gold and easy leveling?
    People keep bringing this up in defense of bad balance in Skyrim. "well why dont you just avoid these powerful talents?" ; "why dont you avoid alchemy, enchanting and smithing", "why dont u avoid sneak talents, or go completely naked"

Yeah its players job to limit himself to create a challenge, aswell as choose not to make free choices in a game that promotes choice in order to have challenge and not become overpowered?

Suffice to say even thou it annoys me i still do create challenge and i still love this game, because it is indeed a good game, but that shouldnt make people Oblivious to its flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    People keep bringing this up in defense of bad balance in Skyrim. "well why dont you just avoid these powerful talents?" ; "why dont you avoid alchemy, enchanting and smithing", "why dont u avoid sneak talents, or go completely naked"

Yeah its players job to limit himself to create a challenge, aswell as choose not to make free choices in a game that promotes choice in order to have challenge and not become overpowered?

Suffice to say even thou it annoys me i still do create challenge and i still love this game, because it is indeed a good game, but that shouldnt make people Oblivious to its flaws.
    Well, that's what happens when you make a game with a ton of choices. Obviously some of those choices are going to vary greatly in effectiveness. The balance is basically irrelevant, and if people didn't look online, they probably wouldn't immediately discover things like how completely retarded Alch is with it's bizarre interactions. Might as well be cheat codes to be honest.