Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo sad - Frost died on me!! Ive had him for at least 20+ hours now, I took him everywhere and rode on horseback all over the place just cuz I enjoy riding on horseback (yea Im a chick who loves horses..LOL)

Totally randomly too!! *cries* I am so upset!!

I parked him outside the entrance of the dungeon-tomb-thingy at the end of the Companion quest line and went in to complete the quest (no spoilers promise). When I came out the other end, I was at a different place than when I started (good reason for this btw, but still). So I was going around the mountain to get back to Frost where I left him and he was DEAD. Just laying there!! DEAD!!

WHAAA???

This guy tanked dragons - I was in the dungeon the whole time except for the 3 minutes it took me (maybe) to go around the mountain back to where he was. I heard no dragons in the area this whole time. Saw no mobs except for a single wolf (wolves Frost would kill faster than I could dismount and get to them!)

But he was dead!!

I thought, "ok maybe a bug or something Im going to fast travel and see if he just respawns." But nope - he did not. And now when I check the last autosave its too far back for me to replay all that (I hate repeating games, I have no alts anywhere and am doing all of Skyrim on one character).

SOOO SAD!!! NOoooooo not my Frosty pony!!!

I feel I need to rush now to do the DB quests (when I was taking my time getting there just cuz thats how I play) so I can have a good horse again *sigh*

*sniffs* wanted to keep them both...maybe I'll res him with a console command.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Heh yeah I'd just console Frost back to life. I got Shadowmere and Frost just disappeared on me though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my Civil War quest line is bugged. The last thing I remember doing was talking to Galmar at a Stormcloak camp nearby Markarth. Well, the camp isn't there anymore, and I tried going to the Stormcloak camp nearby Dragon's Bridge and he also wasn't there. Then I tried finding the Stormcloak camp that's near Falkreath but it was nowhere to be found. I tried tracking the quest and showing the location on map but it's greyed out. My incomplete quest objective is "Liberate the Reach".
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I think my Civil War quest line is bugged. The last thing I remember doing was talking to Galmar at a Stormcloak camp nearby Markarth. Well, the camp isn't there anymore, and I tried going to the Stormcloak camp nearby Dragon's Bridge and he also wasn't there. Then I tried finding the Stormcloak camp that's near Falkreath but it was nowhere to be found. I tried tracking the quest and showing the location on map but it's greyed out. My incomplete quest objective is "Liberate the Reach".
    The quest you want to be doing is called "Compelling Tribute" and involves going into Markarth. "Liberation of Skyrim" is the overarching quest.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I don't know what it is. Elder Scroll games just don't grip me like they do other people. Tried Skyrim today, it's not a bad game, just.. it doesn't pull me in and grip me like other games do. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I don't know what it is. Elder Scroll games just don't grip me like they do other people. Tried Skyrim today, it's not a bad game, just.. it doesn't pull me in and grip me like other games do. :/
    Eh, nothing wrong with that. The most important thing is whether you are enjoying it. Not everything is for everyone. I can never play SC multiplayer, I only want the campaign. I like MW3, but again, only the campaign and nothing else.

DIfferent strokes and all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Eh, nothing wrong with that. The most important thing is whether you are enjoying it. Not everything is for everyone. I can never play SC multiplayer, I only want the campaign. I like MW3, but again, only the campaign and nothing else.

Yeah same here I have played Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3 and SC2 recently and I have to say that I hate this multiplayer-online shit. The campaigns where awesome and I have enjoyed them a lot. So naturally Skyrim is the perfect game for me and it was just epic because you can actually do whatever you want without being forced to do anything. You know I have played WoW for like 6 years until I deleted my chars recently so it was absolutely different from what I was used to (gear requiremenents ILVL and the other crap GONE)

Skyrim is not for all playstiles tho like Digglett said.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-01-13 at 08:32 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Heh yeah I'd just console Frost back to life. I got Shadowmere and Frost just disappeared on me though...
    Yea Im thinking I will do that cuz I really had no plans to "go west" yet as Im not done with "the east" .

However, I was curious about what would happen to one horse when you got the other and reading on the Wikki it was saying that you do keep both - but only the one you last rode is the "active" one. They said once you got Frost/Shadowmere first - and got the other second, that your first horse would return to the last place you fast traveled to when it was your sole mount. It would then stay in that location - since you are currently riding your "2nd mount" it has become your "main" I guess. Then, if you wanted to switch to the 1st mount as your "main" again you went to where it was waiting, and mount it. Then your 2nd mount would stay at that location (I believe, possibly it would warp back to the location you last fast traveled with it to) and the one you just mounted would now be the "main" that traveled with you.

Or for perhaps a less confusing direct example: I ride Frost. I fast travel to whiterun and then Maraketh. Pick up Shadowmere and am now riding Shadowmere. Frost returns to either the stables outside Maraketh or Whiterun (not sure which exactly) and waits for me there. I raid Shaowmere around for 10 levels and he fast travels w ith me everywhere etc.etc. I decide to switch to Frost. I go to Whiterun where Frost sits, and mount Frost. Shadowmere now waits eternally at the stables outside Whiterun as I travel around with Frost for another 10 levels.

Thats how I understood what I was reading on the wikki anyway. Having not gotten the 2nd horse yet Ive not tested it but perhaps you can check the stables of the towns and Frost might be waiting for you somewhere. At least, he SHOULD be anyway LOL.

But both wikkis I checked said you dont lose either "essential" mount.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

So I've pretty much completed everything I could in Skyrim, playtime just until 150 hours.

Is anyone else playing the collecting game? In my house in Solitude I store all my shiny gems, gold bars, and dragon parts in the safe. Store all food next to the cooking pot. Store all smithing materials next to the downstairs weapon rack. Store all alchemy mats in a barrel downstairs and all enchanting mats next to it. Also collecting every book and putting them on my bookshelves.

Of course I never use any of it, I tried laying the stuff out to decorate my house but it is very hard to move things with the mechanics and after you leave your house and come back all your stuff seems to be displaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    So I've pretty much completed everything I could in Skyrim, playtime just until 150 hours.

Is anyone else playing the collecting game? In my house in Solitude I store all my shiny gems, gold bars, and dragon parts in the safe. Store all food next to the cooking pot. Store all smithing materials next to the downstairs weapon rack. Store all alchemy mats in a barrel downstairs and all enchanting mats next to it. Also collecting every book and putting them on my bookshelves.

Of course I never use any of it, I tried laying the stuff out to decorate my house but it is very hard to move things with the mechanics and after you leave your house and come back all your stuff seems to be displaced.
    I'm doing that. Doing it mainly with books I liked such as one about some guy studying live werewolves and ones about the Daedric gods. Also collecting rare weapons and making a rainbow with enchanted weapons on some of my weapon racks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post

It's right up my alley though, it makes me sad. Everything is so lovely and I love being able to play a female orc again, I think I get over whelmed by everything lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

Yea, I'm doing that but I'm using them too. For example make rings and necklaces out of the gems or improve armor or weapons with bars. But I'm also collecting other stuff like bugs in jars, dwemer dishes and cups and just placing them on shelves and tables or other locations in my house.

As with the displacing, yea they do that but for some reason only once :O Every time I'm finished putting them in place, next time I enter the house, the new stuff is on the floor. Then I put them in place again and they stay there. OH and moving items around is actually very easy, once you get the hang of it. It feels kinda clunky at first but after a little trial and error you can get stuff into place in seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, the problem fixed itself and now I can play
    Last edited by Scrabblet; 2012-01-14 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's right up my alley though, it makes me sad. Everything is so lovely and I love being able to play a female orc again, I think I get over whelmed by everything lol
    I've heard from alot of friends they, indeed, got a bit overwhelmed by Skyrim. Not long ago, I watched Extra Credits review of the Skyrim 'start' of the game, saying it was too narrowminded and did'nt make you feel the open world enough from the start, but if you ask me, that's exactly the reason.

I mean, when you consider your first fourty-some minutes of the game, which takes place in Helgen, it's very story-driven and you have an extremely limited freedom as the game explains controls and mechanics. Now, Imagine never having played an Elder Scrolls, or perhaps a Sandbox game before, and then not having that Helgen guide to help you through the start. THAT would be overwhelming...

That aside, though, I've found myself a bit spiritually encumbered in Skyrim a few times (Like.. Urgh, what's it called again, that huuuuge underground cave with the nirnroots.. ) but in my oppinion, it simply adds to the fun of the gameplay to get 'lost' occasionally.

Skyrim: The Dragonborn comes - Metal guitar cover

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    Skyrim: The Dragonborn comes - Metal guitar cover

Like it !! GG

any1 know if there is a mod which takes away spiders? they scare me shitless.

please PM me with an answer =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post

If youre on PC I think there's a mod that changes the spiders into other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post

(I like the Irony of your Signature then mixed with your comment ;D)

I don't know if there is such a mod. I'd suggest you try checking the modding community for Skyrim but I'm pretty sure it should'nt be too hard a thing to change anyhow. That said, I hate those freakish things aswell and I've had more than a large amount of shivers from them while playing. On the other note, though, their poison can be really effective if you're not into mixing poisons yourself, so they do serve a purpose in their way. That's how I get myself through dungeons loaded with those eight legged freaks anyhow xD

Deleted
    If we are already talking about spiders Has anyone of you played Gears of War 3? You know there is this fucking huge "mother" spider you have to fight in a cave. You know I have a bad arachnophobia and this was the worst moment in my gaming career. I needed to shut down my xbox or otherwise I would´ve gone insane