Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Lots of people are Dragonborn. And Christopher Plummer said I was the first to crop up, SO HAH!

Hm? Never had that quest bug up?

1. get a Glenmoril Witch Head in your inventory

2. ask the brother you wish to cleanse to follow you

3. travel to the tomb by any means you see fit, and stand next to the fire

4. tell him you wish to part ways

5. immediately speak with him again and accept quest

6. click fire and kill wolf spirit

If all above fails, then:

setstage cr13 10 <=== this restarts the quest

setstage cr13 20 <=== if you have a witch head already in inventory

setstage cr13 100 <=== finishes quest

Courtesy of the Wiki page, I hope it helps.
    Got it to work eventually. Apparently it's a pretty common issue, if you try to do Vilkas first, after you accept the quest and leave Jorrvaskr the quest gets moved to completed and you can't purify him (he doesn't follow you) or yourself (can't interact with fire). I tried making him a follower, having him leave my service at the fire and didn't even have the "looking for work" option. Both before and after accepting the quest from Vilkas, Farkas didn't have any option. Many quickloads/quicksaves/follow me/zone changes later, I was able to do Farkas and then Vilkas and myself afterwards. I don't understand how anyone can play this on PS3/360 and not give up entirely without console commands, or ensuring they read up on every quest before accepting it to prevent permanently carrying items/being unable to complete quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Felshen View Post
    Oh, that's good to hear, thanks. I just thought it was too good to be true. IIRC, heavy armor reduces magicka regen rate and reduces your speed, yet Dragonscale armor is nearly as good as heavy armor with no apparent drawbacks.
    heavy armor reduces speed, yes. rest is untrue. There are no armor penalties for magic. Instead, all robes and such have bonuses for it. Light armor still slows you down, but not as much as heavy armour.

Unless, of course, you have installed mods to properly balance the magic system.

Yeah I really don't regen and how it works. Magic Stam and Health are regen all come to a crawl when in combat.

After 40 hours of this game. I can conclude its one of the worst rpgs I have played in a while.

Firstly its a big open world. Too big. Most of it seems like filler. Most the land seems like copy and paste all over the place.

Secondly its all the same. Melee combat hardly changes at all.

Everything is so slow paced i cant play it anymore. It just puts me to sleep whenever I try.

I don't see how people can play this for hours on end :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Yeah I really don't regen and how it works. Magic Stam and Health are regen all come to a crawl when in combat.
    When it comes to Magica, you wanna get to the point where your spells don't cost nothing as fast as you can while having a healthy little pool of magica on the side. From there it gets real easy. =)

You should take a look into your perks and gear then. You'll want to invest in every perk that reduces the magicka cost of the school your using and every perk that increases magicka regen. Also, assuming your playing a mage type, robes will be your best bet b/c they provide magicka regen on the items themselves.

Been playing Skyrim for about two weeks now and enjoying it quite a bit. However, I'm not under some delusion that combat is really any good in this game.

I think this better be the last Bethesda game to use these tools and engines. We're kind of past the point of incredible wall-clipping, never-changing walk/run animations, ragdoll deaths, and terrible hack-n-slash mechanics. Love this game, but the combat is basically cringe-worthy. It's why I chose to go with an Archery Wood Elf, really... melee would just make me want to slap myself in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made the mistake of finishing the main quest on my canonical 2H character. It was super awesome (I'm easily pleased), but for some odd reason, I completely lost interest in that character. I haven't even explored the whole western side of the map!

So I'm starting a new one again. This time I'm going to try something completely new to me. Thinking of making a mage who assassinates, or an assassin who uses magic. Probably the former, because I never liked caster, so this time I will try caster. I'm also going to make her an evil character and avoid the main quest.

I really want to try out pickpocketing weapons off enemies, that sounds like so much fun. Has anyone tried this before? I don't really get the point of putting points into pickpocketing. It seems like it's an alternative to opening loot chests, but unlike chests, you can get caught and rack up bounties. Saving and reloading sounds cheesy too.

Thinking of wearing only robes, but it's tough choosing which tree to invest in. I don't foresee her getting far beyond level 50 (going to roleplay a litte, so she won't be using skills she isn't skilled in). So I have around that many perks to spend. Is restoration necessary? I always have it on my previous characters, but necessary?

The end-tree perk for Pickpocketing is the ability to pickpocket equipped weapons. It's prime if you're playing a true thief character and have high sneak and pickpocketing, but have sacrificed some of your defense or weaponry skills. I'm not quite there yet on my thief, but I've been reading about the ability to strip weapons and armor off enemies (and guards, hint hint) before engaging (or potentially engaging... guards, hint hint) them.

As with Oblivion, I'm enjoying the whole thief persona far more than I should. I must be some kind of closeted klepto or something.

What type of armor is proper for a Conjurer Archer Bandit?

My build is going to be Conjure,Archery,Sneak,1Handed using only conjured weapons for Damage.

And what stats would be optimal for this build?
    I read something about 220 Magicka and then stam/health even or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I really want to try out pickpocketing weapons off enemies, that sounds like so much fun. Has anyone tried this before? I don't really get the point of putting points into pickpocketing. It seems like it's an alternative to opening loot chests, but unlike chests, you can get caught and rack up bounties. Saving and reloading sounds cheesy too.
    The first perk would definitely be one to put points in. Eventually you'll hit a 90% chance of success on almost everything - except large sums of gold, think in the thousands - at which point, pickpocketing becomes a breeze. I would recommend joining the Thieves' Guild: it gives you an option to bribe any guard that catches you, letting you get away with all of your stolen stuff. Plus, you can pickpocket the guard right away, getting your money back and some pickpocket practice as well.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Turns out if you pick pocket a Briar heart from Forsworn Briarhearts, they immediately die.

Deleted
    Turns out if you pick pocket a Briar heart from Forsworn Briarhearts, they immediately die.
    Well ofcourse, how can they go on without their hearts? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Well ofcourse, how can they go on without their hearts? xD
    how can you pickpocket a heart :P

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    They have a hole in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    They wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Any news about the DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Redfoo View Post
    What type of armor is proper for a Conjurer Archer Bandit?

My build is going to be Conjure,Archery,Sneak,1Handed using only conjured weapons for Damage.

And what stats would be optimal for this build?
    I read something about 220 Magicka and then stam/health even or something.
    I feel like Light Armor. Not sure if you picked a race yet, but High Elf would probably fit best.

Archery only uses stam for Eagle Eye, running, and the occassional bash with your bow, so you don't need much, actually.

For example I'm a Wood Elf Archer Thief and my health/stam ratio is about 80/20 and I just keep some stamina potions with me for the rare times I actually need more.

If I were to do what you're doing, I'd probably do about 60/30/10 health/magicka/stamina and just keep enough potions with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    After 40 hours of this game. I can conclude its one of the worst rpgs I have played in a while.

Firstly its a big open world. Too big. Most of it seems like filler. Most the land seems like copy and paste all over the place.

Secondly its all the same. Melee combat hardly changes at all.

Everything is so slow paced i cant play it anymore. It just puts me to sleep whenever I try.

I don't see how people can play this for hours on end :S
    I disagree with you and like the exploring and such, and have been playing since Morrowind. But if you don't care for the game, I can understand. I used to dislike Morrowind and finally after awhile I gave it a second chance and I still play to this day.

Also, does anyone know where I can find some daedra hearts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayum View Post
    I disagree with you and like the exploring and such, and have been playing since Morrowind. But if you don't care for the game, I can understand. I used to dislike Morrowind and finally after awhile I gave it a second chance and I still play to this day.

Took the liberty of looking it up for ya =)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/D...Heart_(Skyrim)

And I agree entirely with you by the way :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayum View Post

Well, after reaching level 20, you'll be able to start up the Pieces of the Past quest in Winterhold, where you have to find the shards of Mehrune's Razor. After completing that quest, 4 Dremora will spawn at Dagon's Shrine every week or so. You can get a wonderful 4 hearts per week, along with a dozen or so Gold bars and 4 Ebony bars.

Hagravens also drop some, though rarely. And Enthir, at the College of Winterhold, restocks every 2 days with some hearts.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-01-29 at 08:44 AM.