Did the "Missing in Action" quest for the Grey-mane family in Whiterun, and when I got to Northwatch the guy that wanted to help rescue his brother was hostile. The two other guys with him were fine, but he kept attacking me. Eventually I got to the guy I had to rescue, and then that guy started attacking me. Needless to say, I promptly chopped his head of and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I always get them two mixed up.

Anybody have a reason for why Imperial Legates aren't all flagged non-essential after I win the war for the Stomcloaks?
    Yeah, i've been wondering that, too, just the other way around. The Stormcloak leaders of the camps have the same issue, it's frankly annoying since you're asked to kill any Stormcloaks in the Hills and that makes it rather contradicting, since you can't xD

Anyone know why they're still essential? Not like you can just.. go "Oh, I wanna join the other side, now, even though their leader is dead. Hahaa!" xD

sorry if its been asked before but... Has it been any realease for patch fix for SKyrim? its anoys me to hell that Esben wont talk right or function in quest. ive only avoided it by different glitch and such...

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    sorry if its been asked before but... Has it been any realease for patch fix for SKyrim? its anoys me to hell that Esben wont talk right or function in quest. ive only avoided it by different glitch and such...
    No patch, but try this.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=575

Yeah, i've been wondering that, too, just the other way around. The Stormcloak leaders of the camps have the same issue, it's frankly annoying since you're asked to kill any Stormcloaks in the Hills and that makes it rather contradicting, since you can't xD

Anyone know why they're still essential? Not like you can just.. go "Oh, I wanna join the other side, now, even though their leader is dead. Hahaa!" xD
    Yeah. And it bites that Ulfric doesn't become a quest giver after the chain. Just simple stuff, like 'go root out this Imperial outpost', 'kill these Thalmor stragglers', 'help out this hold'. You know, like every other quest line's conclusion?

And SHOR DAMN it, why does everyone keep acting like the war is still going on?!
    Last edited by Frostbane; 2012-01-30 at 03:21 PM.

And SHOR DAMN it, why does everyone keep acting like the war is still going on?!
    Amen! I've been bothered by the same thing >.>

Kinda sucks. The only real difference I see are winning soldiers stationed in territories previously controlled by other faction. And they speak like all the city guards anyway. I think this time I won't bother with the Civil War. Besides, my evil character would want the Civil War to persists - less attention on arresting her.

On an unrelated note, anyone knows where I can sleep in an owned bed and store stuffs that won't disappear? I am forcing the dragons not to spawn at all, so I don't have Breezehome.

So I gave Skyrim more of a chance than I originally did. Having a lot of fun, and I got Fus Ro Dah, so it's time to screw around with NPC's ragdoll physics.

maybe a dumb question. ive gone into the stealth class I am now level 40 kajhit. while I specced heavly into stealth, speech, picklock, pickpock, and small amount into 1 handed and archer i did the "mistake going into also armorsmith.

is it truly worth it? seems like it dossent improve anything other than my blade damage if i pick the perk to improve magic equipment. even if i reach the 100 skill i still need a enchant on the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Kinda sucks. The only real difference I see are winning soldiers stationed in territories previously controlled by other faction. And they speak like all the city guards anyway. I think this time I won't bother with the Civil War. Besides, my evil character would want the Civil War to persists - less attention on arresting her.

On an unrelated note, anyone knows where I can sleep in an owned bed and store stuffs that won't disappear? I am forcing the dragons not to spawn at all, so I don't have Breezehome.
    All guilds have an owned bed for you and I'm pretty sure you can store stuff in there aswell

High Overlord
    While cruising along the countryside after getting date-raped by a guy named sam in whiterun a dragon appears.

Holy shit this dragon grabbed a bear and THREW IT AT ME!

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    maybe a dumb question. ive gone into the stealth class I am now level 40 kajhit. while I specced heavly into stealth, speech, picklock, pickpock...
    I'm sorry but I laughed so hard at this. It just sounds so funny when you say it out loud.

To answer your question, I'm not sure what you mean by your question. Smithing is nice to have. Smithing + enchanting makes it too easy - might as well turn on godmode.

I love how a giant literally launches me into the air and i land on a mountain... -_-

I just cannot counter those beasts (im only lvl 14)

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I love how a giant literally launches me into the air and i land on a mountain... -_-

I just cannot counter those beasts (im only lvl 14)
    Don't worry, it gets easier when you level higher bud. Giants have a set level and I'm pretty sure it's a good road ahead of 14 :P

I had Skyrim for the 360 before, didn't like it so I sold it.

Now, about a week ago, I got it for PC. Better graphics + PC feel = AMAZING! I'm now loving the game and I'm still learning the ropes (only level 11). I've completed the whole Empire vs. Stormcloak storyline and killed Ulfric, and that's just about where I'm at now.

I'm an Archer with some points in sneak to hopefully become a stealthy Archer eventually. I'm having a ton of fun.

My question for you guys is, for those of you that have finished the entire main quest, is it still really fun to level up, do side quests, and play more? Because I want to have the urge to keep playing after the main quest but I'm not sure if I'll still have fun with the game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    I had Skyrim for the 360 before, didn't like it so I sold it.

Now, about a week ago, I got it for PC. Better graphics + PC feel = AMAZING! I'm now loving the game and I'm still learning the ropes (only level 11). I've completed the whole Empire vs. Stormcloak storyline and killed Ulfric, and that's just about where I'm at now.

I'm an Archer with some points in sneak to hopefully become a stealthy Archer eventually. I'm having a ton of fun.

My question for you guys is, for those of you that have finished the entire main quest, is it still really fun to level up, do side quests, and play more? Because I want to have the urge to keep playing after the main quest but I'm not sure if I'll still have fun with the game then.
    It'll depend ENTIRELY on the person you ask. Fortunately, one of the reasons Skyrim was GotY 2011 was because alot of people think so, myself included. But if you go back between 5 and 200 pages you'll find there are also people who would swear on their mothers panties that it's not so. There's no knowing untill you get there, really, but try asking yourself..

Are you the kind of person who can roll alts and give them diffrent personalities and such? If so, you'll most likely have atleast 2-3 good months of game in this. Are you the kind of person who loves to immerse themselves with a single char and try his/her best to get completion with that char? If so, you'll probably be seeking stuff for another coupple of months atleast. Are you the kind of person who usually completes a main quest and goes "I beat the game, done!" - Then you most likely won't have more than a week or so more after completing the last quest of the "Main" storyline.

But yeah.. According to most of TES community, you have tonnes of replay value. According to those who did'nt like the game, you suprisingly do not. Weird how that works, ain't it? =)

Just waiting for the creation kit and we'll start seeing some awesome changes/expansions added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    Sometimes you won't know until you try it out yourself. I made quite a few characters for experimenting when I started out - happens in any RPG games I play, so I don't really count those, they're all level 10 or so. My first serious character was a sneak archer, level 48 but it got a little... too easy. My savegames became corrupted then so I was forced to start over.

My second character was the canonical 2H Nord warrior, I intended to make him the 'hero' of Skyrim, so I did good things all around - joined the Companions, become Thane of three holds, helped people. Also sided with the Empire just because I liked their costumes better - you could see faces!

And then I went ahead and finished the main quest at level 40. After I finished the main quest, I continued doing side quests and exploring for a day or two. Suddenly I completely lost interest in him. I had a story for him too. He started out good, and then once he learnt that he could defeat the evil no one else could, lust for power started to consume him. But I never got that far. I just lost interest, which is werid because I barely explored the world at all. I've never been to other cities aside from Solitude, Whiterun and Riften.

Now I started another character, a complete opposite. She's a Breton (they're small), have no morals and in it only for the money. She's avoiding the main quest completely - no dragons, no shouts. ICly, she escaped from Helgen, and she went to warn the Jarl. Once that was done, however, her job is done - as far as she is concerned, anything else after is the city's problems.

I'm having a blast with this evil character who's an aspiring assassin, and she has no qualms about killing anyone who says the wrong thing. (Ideally everyone in Skyrim's an ass, but as much as I like to wipe out an entire city household by household, ghost cities are not very fun). My point to you is, even if you're not an alt person, try to set aside room for 2-3 characters to see the different parts of the game. Unless you:

1) are an OCD completionist;
    2) really dislike the game in general;
    3) are the kind as Kasperio mentioned - beat the game and you're done;

then there can always be fun in alts. A few tips for you. The main quest is no different from any of the 'story' quests you come across (quests that don't appear under Misc section). It's only the main quest if you let it be the main quest. Once you treat it as just a 'quest', suddenly there are so many 'main quests' in Skyrim.

Set some small goals for your next character. A little RP is always a great idea, though not necessary, but I find that having a simple backstory for my character to justify his or her actions make it more fun. Try out different perk trees - a few are really meh, but instead of being a DPS powerhouse (the usual 2H, 1H, etc), try quietly poisoning people to death when they aren't looking. Or be a master of punching!

I can't really tell you what to do, it depends on what you like. But you can always find something new and completely different to do from your previous character.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-01-31 at 10:25 PM.

is it truly worth it? seems like it dossent improve anything other than my blade damage if i pick the perk to improve magic equipment. even if i reach the 100 skill i still need a enchant on the gear.
    Yes, it is. Increasing your smithing skill allows you to buff your improving simply by raising the skill. Since it is fairly easy (mass produce iron daggers by traveling from vendor to vendor and sell them for their cost), the trade-off is simply huge, considering the EP you get as well.
    What's more, it will enable you to smith late-game gear. If you like stealthing, you will probably want to consider building a Dragonscale (you learn two sets of dragonarmor: Dragonscale is light, dragonbone is heavy) Armor through the dragon armor perk and Daedric weapons through the Daedric Smithing perk.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

While the game seems to have a good story and the elder scroll sure are a big name , I found playing skyrim quite the trial.
    The lack of originality in game mechanic is astonishing , basically in term of game it is Fallout III In Medieval fantastic .
    I Have enjoyed Fallout III and while I am not found of the system it is fin, but a little repetitive and that is all of what skyrim is about .
    You enter in one dungeon you have seen all dungeon , dear sweet god it is annoying to do the same quest over and over again .

Yet it is a fine game not my favorite but it as a nice lore , ugly as it is the panorama is great ;
    killing dragon fill thrilling but I don't understand all the fuss about a game I can't play more then 10 minute.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolirion View Post
    While the game seems to have a good story and the elder scroll sure are a big name , I found playing skyrim quite the trial.
    The lack of originality in game mechanic is astonishing , basically in term of game it is Fallout III In Medieval fantastic .
    I Have enjoyed Fallout III and while I am not found of the system it is fin, but a little repetitive and that is all of what skyrim is about .
    You enter in one dungeon you have seen all dungeon , dear sweet god it is annoying to do the same quest over and over again .

Yet it is a fine game not my favorite but it as a nice lore , ugly as it is the panorama is great ;
    killing dragon fill thrilling but I don't understand all the fuss about a game I can't play more then 10 minute.
    I have to laugh at posts like this. It's like we're not even playing the same game.

Whatever, people like different things. But half the shit you just said simply isn't true. Maybe try it again, and this time... take off the blinders.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".