10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    My question for you guys is, for those of you that have finished the entire main quest, is it still really fun to level up, do side quests, and play more? Because I want to have the urge to keep playing after the main quest but I'm not sure if I'll still have fun with the game then.
    Sometimes you won't know until you try it out yourself. I made quite a few characters for experimenting when I started out - happens in any RPG games I play, so I don't really count those, they're all level 10 or so. My first serious character was a sneak archer, level 48 but it got a little... too easy. My savegames became corrupted then so I was forced to start over.

My second character was the canonical 2H Nord warrior, I intended to make him the 'hero' of Skyrim, so I did good things all around - joined the Companions, become Thane of three holds, helped people. Also sided with the Empire just because I liked their costumes better - you could see faces!

And then I went ahead and finished the main quest at level 40. After I finished the main quest, I continued doing side quests and exploring for a day or two. Suddenly I completely lost interest in him. I had a story for him too. He started out good, and then once he learnt that he could defeat the evil no one else could, lust for power started to consume him. But I never got that far. I just lost interest, which is werid because I barely explored the world at all. I've never been to other cities aside from Solitude, Whiterun and Riften.

Now I started another character, a complete opposite. She's a Breton (they're small), have no morals and in it only for the money. She's avoiding the main quest completely - no dragons, no shouts. ICly, she escaped from Helgen, and she went to warn the Jarl. Once that was done, however, her job is done - as far as she is concerned, anything else after is the city's problems.

I'm having a blast with this evil character who's an aspiring assassin, and she has no qualms about killing anyone who says the wrong thing. (Ideally everyone in Skyrim's an ass, but as much as I like to wipe out an entire city household by household, ghost cities are not very fun). My point to you is, even if you're not an alt person, try to set aside room for 2-3 characters to see the different parts of the game. Unless you:

1) are an OCD completionist;
    2) really dislike the game in general;
    3) are the kind as Kasperio mentioned - beat the game and you're done;

then there can always be fun in alts. A few tips for you. The main quest is no different from any of the 'story' quests you come across (quests that don't appear under Misc section). It's only the main quest if you let it be the main quest. Once you treat it as just a 'quest', suddenly there are so many 'main quests' in Skyrim.

Set some small goals for your next character. A little RP is always a great idea, though not necessary, but I find that having a simple backstory for my character to justify his or her actions make it more fun. Try out different perk trees - a few are really meh, but instead of being a DPS powerhouse (the usual 2H, 1H, etc), try quietly poisoning people to death when they aren't looking. Or be a master of punching!

I can't really tell you what to do, it depends on what you like. But you can always find something new and completely different to do from your previous character.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-01-31 at 10:25 PM.

is it truly worth it? seems like it dossent improve anything other than my blade damage if i pick the perk to improve magic equipment. even if i reach the 100 skill i still need a enchant on the gear.
    Yes, it is. Increasing your smithing skill allows you to buff your improving simply by raising the skill. Since it is fairly easy (mass produce iron daggers by traveling from vendor to vendor and sell them for their cost), the trade-off is simply huge, considering the EP you get as well.
    What's more, it will enable you to smith late-game gear. If you like stealthing, you will probably want to consider building a Dragonscale (you learn two sets of dragonarmor: Dragonscale is light, dragonbone is heavy) Armor through the dragon armor perk and Daedric weapons through the Daedric Smithing perk.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    While the game seems to have a good story and the elder scroll sure are a big name , I found playing skyrim quite the trial.
    The lack of originality in game mechanic is astonishing , basically in term of game it is Fallout III In Medieval fantastic .
    I Have enjoyed Fallout III and while I am not found of the system it is fin, but a little repetitive and that is all of what skyrim is about .
    You enter in one dungeon you have seen all dungeon , dear sweet god it is annoying to do the same quest over and over again .

Yet it is a fine game not my favorite but it as a nice lore , ugly as it is the panorama is great ;
    killing dragon fill thrilling but I don't understand all the fuss about a game I can't play more then 10 minute.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolirion View Post
    While the game seems to have a good story and the elder scroll sure are a big name , I found playing skyrim quite the trial.
    The lack of originality in game mechanic is astonishing , basically in term of game it is Fallout III In Medieval fantastic .
    I Have enjoyed Fallout III and while I am not found of the system it is fin, but a little repetitive and that is all of what skyrim is about .
    You enter in one dungeon you have seen all dungeon , dear sweet god it is annoying to do the same quest over and over again .

Yet it is a fine game not my favorite but it as a nice lore , ugly as it is the panorama is great ;
    killing dragon fill thrilling but I don't understand all the fuss about a game I can't play more then 10 minute.
    I have to laugh at posts like this. It's like we're not even playing the same game.

Whatever, people like different things. But half the shit you just said simply isn't true. Maybe try it again, and this time... take off the blinders.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I have to laugh at posts like this. It's like we're not even playing the same game.

Whatever, people like different things. But half the shit you just said simply isn't true.
    lol it's not even that. Some people cannot stand the game, they have their own reasons, and 'true' or not isn't the issue.

It's how they come in here bashing people for liking it. I mean, it's fine to say why you dislike the game - some will disagree, some will agree. But all this guy, and posters like them, does is come here telling people 'you're stupid for liking such a horrible game', using hyperboles and exaggerated remarks.

I'd post an image, but memes are against forum rules. It's like that guy who doesn't play in a band, yelling to the band, "GUYS, DID YOU HEAR ME?? STOP HAVING FUN!" It's sad really.

IS anyone looking to pick up the game? I have Skyrim but have not touched it since I don't meet the system requirements. My computer is pretty old was never bought for my gaming needs initially.

Quick question: Is skyrim the best on the PC? or XBOX 360?

I hear that graphics are rly good on the pc, but the worst on XBOX.

It's better on the PC.

I know there aren't many GAME CHANGING mods out there at the moment. (Besides maybe "wars in skyrim") but later down the road there will be over-hauls and game changing mods. Hell even a whole new game within the game itself. Thanks to the modding community. I remember when they did that with Oblivion.

Right now isn't much a time for mods. As most are just "BIG BREASTED NAKED FEMALE MOD" and "SKIMPY LEATHER ARMOR FOR YOUR BIG BREASTED NAKED MOD"

But there are some neat ones.

Like a HD retexture of ALL of skyrims textures.

Performance patches.

HD armor.

User made patches that fix shit bethesda didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post

I hear that graphics are rly good on the pc, but the worst on XBOX.
    It's 100%, unequivocally, suited for the PC. Modding alone makes PC the superior choice if your PC's specs are not in question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chouzan View Post
    It's 100%, unequivocally, suited for the PC.
    Except for the inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Except for the inventory.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/download...?id=3863&tab=3

Is there a good mod out there for quick gear swapping? I've not even begun to dig into the mods for the game yet, figured i'd start here since a lot of folks seem to have more experience w/ mods for Skyrim and other TES games. It'd be nice to be able to quickly switch from my 'caster set' of gear/armor into my sneak/thief set.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Ask yourself; "What is better on xbox than PC?". When you realise the answer is "Nothing.", you have also found your answer to your original question.
    Last edited by kivipää; 2012-02-01 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Ask yourself; "What is better on xbox than PC?". When you realise the answer is "Nothing.", you have also found your answer to your original question.
    Actually that is utter bullshit The problem with Skyrim on the PC are the horrible controls and keybinds. The only way to play the game on the PC properly is with an xbox controller. I have the game on the PC too and I was shocked how bad it is there.

So yeah I am a big xbox fan and there are lots of great games and not only good PC games.

Edit: I have not found a lot of useful mods either so I wouldn´t want to play it on the PC unless you want to cheat or something.

Edit 2: The whole xbox vs PC shit is really going on my nerves. Seems MMO-C is full of PC fanboys
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-02-02 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Actually that is utter bullshit The problem with Skyrim on the PC are the horrible controls and keybinds. The only way to play the game on the PC properly is with an xbox controller. I have the game on the PC too and I was shocked how bad it is there.

So yeah I am a big xbox fan and there are lots of great games and not only good PC games.
    Why was there no bitching about this with Oblivion? Which had the same problem.

Deleted

Edit: I have not found a lot of useful mods either so I wouldn´t want to play it on the PC unless you want to cheat or something.

Edit 2: The whole xbox vs PC shit is really going on my nerves. Seems MMO-C is full of PC fanboys
    Actually that is utter bullshit The problem with Skyrim on the xBox are the horrible unfixable bugs and lack of modding. The only way to play the game on the xBox properly is with a high tolerance for glitches. I have the game on the xBox too and I was shocked how bad it is there.

So yeah I am a big PC fan and there are lots of great games and not only good xBox games.

Edit: I have found ALOT of useful mods and console fixes so I wouldn't want to play it on the xBox unless you want to be stuck on quests without a sollution or something.

Edit 2: The whole xBox vs PC shit is really going on my nerves. Seems MMO-C is full of xBox fanboys

Deleted
    LOL Everyone should play what he likes most. I play a lot of PC games too but Skyrim is much smoother on the xbox for my taste.

My PC is not the newest either so it is lagging quite a bit.

It happened.. I'm addicted.

Did you by any chance install patch? Makes controls much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It happened.. I'm addicted.
    Can you not see THAT THERE IS A FIGHT THAT NEEDS YOUR STEEL IN THE LANDS OF SKYRIM?!