mkay, but am doing fine in the game, dont need no Godmode on. and indeed Pickpock sounds hilarious :P

being in stealth is damn fun.

Next charakter I am going to use is Redguard with warrior perks. the adrenaline ability is awesome, such a shame i cant switch race beyond destroying skills.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    PC controls are perfectly playable if you're willing to use the standard WASD. There is a bug with the mouse wheel at enchanting tables and some loot containers, but it's temporary and easily worked around. This is not a valid reason to play it on Xbox over PC and miss out on tons of amazing mods plus console commands that let you do a billion hilarious things. The game will live practically forever on PC through the modding community. Consoles don't get to tap into that longevity.

Not having enough horsepower is another issue.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It happened.. I'm addicted.
    Give it about 20ish hours, you will get bored. Then you will play it again, then bored again. Its a cycle!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Actually that is utter bullshit The problem with Skyrim on the PC are the horrible controls and keybinds. The only way to play the game on the PC properly is with an xbox controller. I have the game on the PC too and I was shocked how bad it is there.
    Really? I've tried playing with the xbox controller. It makes me want to smash the game anytime I try playing with the controller.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So after logging 220ish hours, I think it's finally time for me to try a new character... played with the perk calculator and I came up with a ridiculous conjuration-based build, should be interesting. And on a completely unrelated note, is there any word on DLC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Really? I've tried playing with the xbox controller. It makes me want to smash the game anytime I try playing with the controller.
    The menus feel better with a controller (or the keyboard, even). The actual gameplay feels better with a mouse/keyboard.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It happened.. I'm addicted.
    One of us...One of us...One of us...
    Yep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    So after logging 220ish hours, I think it's finally time for me to try a new character... played with the perk calculator and I came up with a ridiculous conjuration-based build, should be interesting.
    Nice! What kind of ridiculous? Inquiring minds want to know!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Give it about 20ish hours, you will get bored. Then you will play it again, then bored again. Its a cycle!
    I don't know I used all of my gaming time for like two weeks and logged around 90 hours. The only reason I stopped is because I have a ton of games I need to play through.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I can see that happening, at least wanna do Dark Brotherhood before I get bored.

I'm currently a level 17 Sneak Archer and I'm having a lot of trouble doing the quest "The World-Eater's Eyrie", which is one of the final parts of the main quest. It's the one where the dragon Odahviing takes you to Skuldafn. As soon as I enter Skuldafn, a dragon comes and starts fighting me. As an archer, this dragon is really causing a lot of trouble for me. My Sneak is useless since the dragon can see me at all times because of the area, so I'm forced to try avoiding his crazy high damaging fire breath while trying to backpedal and shoot him in the face. I run out of potions before killing the dragon, and I don't have any time to heal up using my healing spell since the dragon comes and throws fire in my face before I get the chance to.

Any other archer's that are having/had trouble with this quest? And if so, what did you do to get past?

Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    I'm currently a level 17 Sneak Archer and I'm having a lot of trouble doing the quest "The World-Eater's Eyrie", which is one of the final parts of the main quest. It's the one where the dragon Odahviing takes you to Skuldafn. As soon as I enter Skuldafn, a dragon comes and starts fighting me. As an archer, this dragon is really causing a lot of trouble for me. My Sneak is useless since the dragon can see me at all times because of the area, so I'm forced to try avoiding his crazy high damaging fire breath while trying to backpedal and shoot him in the face. I run out of potions before killing the dragon, and I don't have any time to heal up using my healing spell since the dragon comes and throws fire in my face before I get the chance to.

Any other archer's that are having/had trouble with this quest? And if so, what did you do to get past?
    I had to pillar humb/ LoS the dragon to heal and such. Also dragon rending just as the dragon starts to fly away gives you another window where you can squeeze a few hits in as he will start to move and then stay and hover for a bit. Other than that patience is all I can really recommend since dragons do not regen health.

Sneak Archer so easy dunno just do all the side quest lines before u do the main quest one and u nearly 1 hit the dragon ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    Sneak Archer so easy dunno just do all the side quest lines before u do the main quest one and u nearly 1 hit the dragon ^^
    Hmmk... what lvl are you brah? takes me 50+ hits to kill a dragon (DW 1 hander berserker) then again im lvl 14....

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Nice! What kind of ridiculous? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Going to wear cloth (w/mage armor), dual wield bound swords and have multiple minions. Filling nearly the entire tree for illusion/conjuration/alteration/one-handed, won't even touch destruction. Some points into restoration for necromage, enchanting to boost the effects on my cloth, and alchemy up to concentrated poison/benefactor (I'm assuming poisons work with bound weapons here...)

So I have yet to install any mods, and this being my first Elder Scrolls, I'm curious how they work. Is there an easy way to manage them? What are the chances my level 81.5 save blows up on me when I start messing around?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-02-03 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    1. Get Legendary Wuuthrad mod/175% Barbarian perk mod
    2. Enchant armour with 61% to two handed
    3. Set Alduin's health meter to 110,000
    4. Watch him go down like a sack of bricks
    5. ???
    6. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Going to wear cloth (w/mage armor), dual wield bound swords and have multiple minions. Filling nearly the entire tree for illusion/conjuration/alteration/one-handed, won't even touch destruction. Some points into restoration for necromage, enchanting to boost the effects on my cloth, and alchemy up to concentrated poison/benefactor (I'm assuming poisons work with bound weapons here...)

So I have yet to install any mods, and this being my first Elder Scrolls, I'm curious how they work. Is there an easy way to manage them? What are the chances my level 81.5 save blows up on me when I start messing around?
    Poisons do work with bound weapons. As for mods, Nexus Mod Manager is the Curse Client version for TES. My savegames did blow up at one point - though I am not sure it was caused by mods, so yes, it can always happen. Just like everything else in Murphy's world. They should be safe though. Just be sure to pick the ones with lots of endorsements (like +1s or thumbups).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    1. Get Legendary Wuuthrad mod/175% Barbarian perk mod
    2. Enchant armour with 61% to two handed
    3. Set Alduin's health meter to 110,000
    4. Watch him go down like a sack of bricks
    5. ???
    6. Profit
    Why not just type /tgm or /kill and save 5 steps? If you like to cheat, might as well cheat all the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post

Why not just type /tgm or /kill and save 5 steps? If you like to cheat, might as well cheat all the way.
    Mod's ain't cheating, and the enchantments are technically legal. If anything, I'm just making the game harder. Fighting Alduin without adjusting his health meter was a friggin' joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Mod's ain't cheating...
    Depends on the mod. Mods that give you overpowered items or stats with no downside, like 175% barbarian perk (this perk you have is now multiple times stronger for no reason) or legendary wuuthrad (you can now make this weapon much more stronger than it was supposed to be) certainly are pure cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Depends on the mod. Mods that give you overpowered items or stats with no downside, like 175% barbarian perk (this perk you have is now multiple times stronger for no reason) or legendary wuuthrad (you can now make this weapon much more stronger than it was supposed to be) certainly are pure cheating.
    Eh, Wuuthrad should have been the Infinity plus one Sword anyway. And at higher levels, dual wielding outclasses 2H so damn much it isn't even funny. In my view, this levels the playing field.

And honestly, it isn't really that much stronger than a fully upgraded Daedric warhammer. Which would outclass everything else in the game for a two hander in such a way that it makes you want to run over to Mehrunes Daegon and sodomize him with a butcher's knife.