Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You honestly think they will one day up and tell a studio that makes single player games to make an MMO?
    Yes. I honestly do. Case in point: Bioware. You could make the case for Blizzard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Yes. I honestly do. Case in point: Bioware. You could make the case for Blizzard as well.
    Bioware's success is highly debateable. Meanwhile Blizzard had already made not only successful multiplayer games but also an online system with which to host those games.

But yeah, go ahead and use SWTOR as an example. It's only the most expensive to make MMO ever.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2012-03-05 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Bioware's success is highly debateable. Meanwhile Blizzard had already made not only successful multiplayer games but also an online system with which to host those games.

But yeah, go ahead and use SWTOR as an example. It's only the most expensive to make MMO ever.
    I'm aware. None the less the return on some MMOs is staggering. And Monthly Fees in addition to your yearly or bi-yearly releases look amazing.

The combat system could use some sort of revamp for the next game. There's nothing really difficult about the game, and like the only time you do experience difficulty is when you have a mob/boss who hits you for half of your life each hit, so you're just eternally kiting him/hiding in shadows.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    the best weapon of all time IMO

Berserk Dragonslayer
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3143

:O that looks like Cloud Strife's sword from ff7 :P

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The combat system could use some sort of revamp for the next game. There's nothing really difficult about the game, and like the only time you do experience difficulty is when you have a mob/boss who hits you for half of your life each hit, so you're just eternally kiting him/hiding in shadows.
    i think you are right, once you get half way and higher down your perk tree, everything is trivial besides a few bosses/dragons with strangly large health compared to everything else. thats why i downloaded a few mods that add wars randomly around the world that resets 6 days, more wilderness spawns and more enemies in dungeons. it a lot more difficult/entertaining to fight 8 enemies out in the wilderness instead of 1 random weak bandit every once in a while
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i think you are right, once you get half way and higher down your perk tree, everything is trivial besides a few bosses/dragons with strangly large health compared to everything else. thats why i downloaded a few mods that add wars randomly around the world that resets 6 days, more wilderness spawns and more enemies in dungeons. it a lot more difficult/entertaining to fight 8 enemies out in the wilderness instead of 1 random weak bandit every once in a while
    Really? That sounds awesome, what mods?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yeah it gets trivial very fast. I just spam my DW move, it kills everything in 1-2 moves(including dragons, giants, and so on).
    And the crafting skills are far to powerful. Even without using the "exploit" they are far to powerful. Double weapon damage, Enchants for massive damage and if thats not enough add a poison for 150-200 additional damage.

Its a pity the interface is so clunky when playing a mage(to many spells, constant switching) because as a melee orientated charakter its far to easy to fast.

What do you guys think the next Elder Scrolls game will be? (unless it's been announced already O.o) What haven't they done? The Dwimer (spelling)? Elseweyr?
    I think we'll be heading into the Dominion. A combined Valenwood / Summerset Isles game.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    has anyone really looked into the classes you can get into?
    iv read through the wiki on it and damn did i miss out on my first character.

thankfully i leveled smithing and enchanting to a degree but being a noob toon as a warrior/ berserker i went and spent a few perk points in speech and lock picking. ugh.

thankfully for my mage/ battle mage. i looked up what it takes to play that right and its been fun setting things on fire and cutting their heads off if they get too close

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchensink View Post
    :O that looks like Cloud Strife's sword from ff7 :P
    =(...

That comment makes me a really sad panda. Gatsu does not approve.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

as an Assassin Mage should i wear light armor and spec into it? or just robes? i think light armor would be better also should i take up blacksmithing?

Magic skills: destruction, conjuration and Illusion

Combat: one handed, stealth and picpocket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    as an Assassin Mage should i wear light armor and spec into it? or just robes? i think light armor would be better also should i take up blacksmithing?

Magic skills: destruction, conjuration and Illusion

Combat: one handed, stealth and picpocket
    If you're going to spec into stealth I would just wear light armor for when you get an unlucky moment and have a room alerted to your presence, since you won't need to worry about the weight of your gear affecting your detection odds. Though if you're also going to spec into illusion you should have some pretty good crowd control.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    as an Assassin Mage should i wear light armor and spec into it? or just robes?
    That really depends. Do you intend on going into the alteration spell tree? Are you using alteration just for the armor or do you want to se its other spells like detect life (which would be kind of useul for sneaking...) or paralyze (always useful)? If you just want armor, go with light armor. Otherwise alteration is a good choice.
    i think light armor would be better also should i take up blacksmithing?
    It's not entirely necessary but it does make getting quality armor a lot easier. Taken to its extremes you can max out your armor with ease.

why would u want to be an assassin mage? I think on paper it sounds good and fun but none of your spells crit in stealth unfortunately \

and the mod that adds armies+more enemies is on the steam workshop...one of the most popular all time downloads(probalby top 3) dont know the name though
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    why would u want to be an assassin mage? I think on paper it sounds good and fun but none of your spells crit in stealth unfortunately \

and the mod that adds armies+more enemies is on the steam workshop...one of the most popular all time downloads(probalby top 3) dont know the name though
    that sounds like Wars in Skyrim - also available on skyrim nexus (I'd post a link, but apparently I'm too new to be allowed to)

Never tried the game but it looks "ok" Not really into these types of games.

Just wondering, are there any really good mods for Destruction that any of you can recommend? (overall spells in general work to).

Illusion, my friend, illusion. Why bother killing the target with your weapon when you can have their wife kill them instead, all with a simple spell?

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I have tried most combinations by now, by far my most favorite is an archer with high archery/smithing/enchanting/one handed weapons to crit, it makes pretty much everything a joke anymore. I do wanna look into magic a bit more because it seems like its more fun in general than useful or deadly.