10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mni View Post
    The game is DEFINITELY overrated though. People are already putting it on "best game of all time" pedestals and other nonsense. I personally liked Morrowind and Oblivion more.
    That's their opinion, one I happen to share. Skyrim is, in my opinion, one of the best games I've ever played (It's among my top 5). It's not nonsense; it's an opinion. You don't like it much? Well, you have different tastes.

I just love the wide open world, the ability to dick around and do whatever the hell you want. I don't care that the main quest is "meh," the game is not about the main quest.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    short question guys:

I have some gloves that give me +10% dmg if I use bows. Do you know if that bonus applies to x-bows too ?
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    short question guys:

I have some gloves that give me +10% dmg if I use bows. Do you know if that bonus applies to x-bows too ?
    thank you.
    Yes, it applies to crossbows too, so do all of the Archery perks.

i think skyrim is a little outdated on release and riddled with bugs, but i think people like it for the concept. it allows any mods you want, DRM is not bad and you can play any way you want. many players complain about this in games like diablo 3 and others
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I'm pretty sure dragons flying upside down just says all about how great a game is.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Guys I'm pretty sure dragons flying upside down just says all about how great a game is.
    Never seen that one.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Never seen that one.
    Look closer.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yes, it really does. It says that despite the overall seriousness of the game, the bugs it has only add a new dimension to it's atmosphere. One that's light hearted and even more entertaining. Honestly, I don't think I would enjoy the game as much if it didn't have the random awesome glitches. As long as it's not game breaking, 'tis not just ok, 'tis good.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Yes, it applies to crossbows too, so do all of the Archery perks.
    Except quick shot. Nothing seems to be effecting the reload time for crossbows for me. Even mods that are supposed to have crossbows that "reload faster" have no such thing. I'd go back to using bows but the daedric and dragon crossbows are just so much powerful that I'm gimping myself pretty bad not using them playing on Master with a bunch of difficulty increasing mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yes, it really does. It says that despite the overall seriousness of the game, the bugs it has only add a new dimension to it's atmosphere. One that's light hearted and even more entertaining. Honestly, I don't think I would enjoy the game as much if it didn't have the random awesome glitches. As long as it's not game breaking, 'tis not just ok, 'tis good
    Agreed, Like hearing a pot hit the wall and sweet rolls falling from the sky. Some of my screenshotted bugs.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...101942042043/?
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...202421548756/?
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...32039740525201 That creature in the sky above my crosshair is actually a cow that flew up into the air on death.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I've never heard of Butter's super gay male explosion island before.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's their opinion, one I happen to share. Skyrim is, in my opinion, one of the best games I've ever played (It's among my top 5). It's not nonsense; it's an opinion. You don't like it much? Well, you have different tastes.

I just love the wide open world, the ability to dick around and do whatever the hell you want. I don't care that the main quest is "meh," the game is not about the main quest.
    Even as opinion, there's certain universal things that set a game apart from all the others. Have you ever played any of the others? If you haven't, I can understand your claim. If you have, I feel like you'd understand where I'm coming from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even as opinion, there's certain universal things that set a game apart from all the others. Have you ever played any of the others? If you haven't, I can understand your claim. If you have, I feel like you'd understand where I'm coming from.
    It is still ultimately one's opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bugs are hilarious in TES games and in Bethesda games in general. I had one buddy who spent HOURS bugging the crap out of fallout 3. It was hilarious. He managed to get behind the radioactive shield wall and talk to your father after he dies. In Skyrim I think the best bug I've seen so far was.

The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Bugs are hilarious in TES games and in Bethesda games in general. I had one buddy who spent HOURS bugging the crap out of fallout 3. It was hilarious. He managed to get behind the radioactive shield wall and talk to your father after he dies. In Skyrim I think the best bug I've seen so far was.

Normally people see a buggy game and think it's a piece of shit.

But when its a Bethesda game, good times are had by all.
    Putin khuliyo

the most common bethesda bug for me is crashing to desktop
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    You know, I've never heard of Butter's super gay male explosion island before.
    Haha I was wondering if someone would notice that xD

Friend renamed some of my games and it went unnoticed :3

Before Skyrim workshop and SDK I had a skyrim for mods and another modless on steam.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-16 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I get the cool bugs anyways, like the time when there were 3 Louis Letrush's hanging out outside of Whiterun, one of them up to his waist in the road.
    Putin khuliyo

Well, I get the cool bugs anyways, like the time when there were 3 Louis Letrush's hanging out outside of Whiterun, one of them up to his waist in the road.
    The best is the giants bug. It was never intended for them to launch you to the moon on death.

I've played and beaten Zelda games, FF and whatever else everyone considers to be "GREATEST GAME EVAR". My personal opinion is that those games absolutely pale in comparison to Skyrim and WoW in pretty much every respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoyed strolling around and seeing a huge dragon skeleton fall out of the sky. There was one smack dab in the middle of Whiterun for 1/3 of my main playthrough. Since he was there for so long I named him Skelly (I'm not very creative with names.) It was a sad day when Skelly disappeared.