1. #5801
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The lore behind it, and your rise through power, is much more fleshed out than the other guilds. In the Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, and Companions, you just follow the questline and are just handed the leadership title. With the Thieves guild, you actually have to earn it.
    Dark Brotherhood spoilers.
    I really like the way the DB was handled. You are the chosen one and that works because the DB is as much a religion as a faction. And you're the one who brings it back to glory in perhaps the most impactful way an assassin can, killing the fucking emperor!

    Hail Sithis!

  2. #5802
    Titan Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    13,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    It's probably the best questline of the guilds. Certainly feels like the most fleshed out. The College of Winterhold in particular felt rather forced.
    Good you told me that, I got the game a few weeks ago and haven't done either yet, so will now let the Thieves one last.

  3. #5803
    The Lightbringer Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    3,097
    I was a bit disappointed by the Thieves Guild. It was probably the best but I think I built it up a bit too much in my head.

    ( I really don't like Karliah's voice either )

  4. #5804
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Dark Brotherhood spoilers.
    I really like the way the DB was handled. You are the chosen one and that works because the DB is as much a religion as a faction. And you're the one who brings it back to glory in perhaps the most impactful way an assassin can, killing the fucking emperor!

    Hail Sithis!
    I love the way guilds are handled in Skyrim. I thought they would be much different then previous titles, but in fact they are very similar and i love the story behind every one of them.

  5. #5805
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by the Thieves Guild. It was probably the best but I think I built it up a bit too much in my head.

    ( I really don't like Karliah's voice either )
    Her voice is pretty awful.

  6. #5806
    Titan Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    13,077
    A question if I may, I know this might have been responded before but looking for it in an almost 300 page thread is a bit much, is there an unoficial mod that fixes stuff like there was for Oblivion?

    That Gildergreen Tree is annoying me a lot, I got a new seed but the old tree didn't go away so now I have this beautiful branches sticking out of this dead tree...
    So, obviously, looking for more... scenery bug fixers, like the tree and having the Ghostblade actually sit in a weapons rack (right now it just flies away on the side no matter from what side I put it, on weapon plaque it sometimes sits like stuck on the right in the wall, which looks like crap) and so on.

  7. #5807
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    A question if I may, I know this might have been responded before but looking for it in an almost 300 page thread is a bit much, is there an unoficial mod that fixes stuff like there was for Oblivion?

    That Gildergreen Tree is annoying me a lot, I got a new seed but the old tree didn't go away so now I have this beautiful branches sticking out of this dead tree...
    So, obviously, looking for more... scenery bug fixers, like the tree and having the Ghostblade actually sit in a weapons rack (right now it just flies away on the side no matter from what side I put it, on weapon plaque it sometimes sits like stuck on the right in the wall, which looks like crap) and so on.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19

  8. #5808
    Titan Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    13,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    thank you very much

  9. #5809
    I felt the guild quest lines was alot shorter in skyrim compared to oblivion. Especially the mages/college one. Apart from that, i got countless chars between my pc/xbox around the level 50 mark. Usually get distracted around that level and make a new char ha

  10. #5810
    It is in every player of the PC version of Skyrim's interest to peruse the top 100 mods on Skyrim Nexus.

  11. #5811
    Immortal SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    7,152
    The mods do add so much to the game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  12. #5812
    Stood in the Fire Prifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    360
    So anyone got Hearthfire on Steam? I started to build my house but I'm having troubles adopting a child. It told me somewhere that I must build a Child's bed and a Child's chest in order to adopt a child but when I talk to Constance Michelle in the orphanage, she says: Come back when you have a house or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

  13. #5813
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The mods do add so much to the game.
    There is this huge monster mod I downloaded. After loading it I take one step outside Whiterun and see a triceratops in the distance. I say to myself "I AM GOING TO KILL THAT!" T'was fun.

    It adds a whole lot more but you don't really see the more freaky mobs until high levels. The female giant did give me pause though.

  14. #5814

  15. #5815
    Just played a little bit again with my Level50 Char, too bad he is totally OP with BS/Enchanting abuse. Finally a Place for all my trophies



    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-08 at 01:36 PM.

  16. #5816
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    I'm pondering doing a little bit of a showcase of my favorite Skyrim mods for friends / family / interested, but I don't really know if I can be arsed. Nor if anyone would put up with my monotone (albeit sexy, according to live witnesses) voice for more than three minutes straight. Maybe I'll just write some form of review and put it up somewhere. Or maybe I'll just not bother with it at all. :P

    Anyways, I considered buying Hearthfire, but in the end concluded that the mod Build Your Own Home does essentially everything Hearthfire does in terms of house building, and in some ways better (and in others worse, as is the nature of things). So I've opted not to get it. Yet, at least.

  17. #5817
    Immortal SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    7,152
    I still have not picked up Hearthfire but I'm sure I will, at some point.

    The mods I'm most keeping an eye out for are Issgard and Armoury of Tamriel 2.0.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  18. #5818
    Titan Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    13,077
    Found this, thought it was nice:

  19. #5819
    Grml, I want to kick these bastards in the balls who stole skyrim from the kid -_-

  20. #5820
    Anyone have an idea of when the Aesir armour is coming out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •