Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Really? I hope they make dehtroning the aldmeri dominion and the thalmore the next game. Elder Scrolls: Summerset Isle
    I hope they finish that story ark in a massive Skyrim DLC.

Also, Skyrim makes for some incredible inspiration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEVCTMkBnI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLQ4rACE-0

I remember similar things coming out for WoW with the exploration videos and awesome lore-based fan made flicks (Tales of the Past, Noggaholic and Craft of War: Blind anyone?) but no longer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well she tells you someone must die if you want to get out.
    Lol true. I'd always considered it but thought it'd just be a waste of time with having to pay off the Dark Brotherhood if I ever want to join them again.

I was hoping though that the wiping out could happen in the middle or end of the DB main questline.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I hope they finish that story ark in a massive Skyrim DLC.
    the war with the aldmeri dominion would be far too grand for dlc. it would have to take place in the whole of summerset and possibly some of cyrodil. i'm hoping it will be elder scrolls 6, and i'm kind of hoping the stormcloak ending is the one they go with for lore. it would be perfect to have stormcloak skyrim join forces with hammerfell for the final battle with the dominion.

I wish Heavy armor wasn't completely outclassed by Light armor once you hit the cap. Anyone knows any mod for this?
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-11 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    the war with the aldmeri dominion would be far too grand for dlc. it would have to take place in the whole of summerset and possibly some of cyrodil. i'm hoping it will be elder scrolls 6, and i'm kind of hoping the stormcloak ending is the one they go with for lore. it would be perfect to have stormcloak skyrim join forces with hammerfell for the final battle with the dominion.
    I don't think Solstheim is in Skyrim and if that's the case then they obviously have no qualms with tackling projects outside the continent within Skyrim's life cycle.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I wish Heavy armor wasn't completely outclassed by Light armor once you hit the cap. Anyone knows any mod for this?
    I dont think it is. At maximum level, theyre exactly the same.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I don't think Solstheim is in Skyrim and if that's the case then they obviously have no qualms with tackling projects outside the continent within Skyrim's life cycle.
    it's not because we would be leaving skyrim, but because the war with the elves is a huge thing in the elder scrolls lore. man has been fighting with elves since the beginning of elder scrolls. the end of that battle will be one of the biggest events in elder scrolls.

What do you guys think of the juggernaut build in this post against the one I posted earlier on the same page? http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/...e-necro-knight

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I dont think it is. At maximum level, theyre exactly the same.
    That's exactly when they aren't. Both offer 80% damage resistance when you hit the cap and 10% chance to avoid an attack, but light armor weighs less, makes less noise, increases stamina regen and doesn't slow you down. Heavy armor has increased barehand damage, which is useless outside of monk builds, plus reduced stagger and fall damage, which light armor has innately. There is absolutely no reason to wear heavy armor once you manage to hit the cap with Light Armor, which is extremely easy.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-12 at 01:15 AM.

I prefer heavy armor mostly because it looks cooler, as well as the fact that the Ebony Mail chest piece is heavy armor, so I wear Ebony armor to complete the set. Well, that and a dragon priest mask. Works well with my anti-mage, since I can just run up to mages and passively damage them while spamming destruction spells thanks to them constantly refilling my magicka.

it's not because we would be leaving skyrim, but because the war with the elves is a huge thing in the elder scrolls lore. man has been fighting with elves since the beginning of elder scrolls. the end of that battle will be one of the biggest events in elder scrolls.
    Then they were fighting in Oblivion too but it wasn't so much the case. All the DLC would entail would be returning power to humans in their respective regions and allowing Cyrodiil to once again be ruled solely by Imperials.

I still think it could be done in the scope of Skyrim. I will admit though that it would be an enormous project probably bigger than dawnguard, dragonborn and shivering isles combined.

If it's bigger than those three combined, I would expect it to be a standalone product. Shivering Isles was huge by itself.

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Then they were fighting in Oblivion too but it wasn't so much the case. All the DLC would entail would be returning power to humans in their respective regions and allowing Cyrodiil to once again be ruled solely by Imperials.

I still think it could be done in the scope of Skyrim. I will admit though that it would be an enormous project probably bigger than dawnguard, dragonborn and shivering isles combined.
    I respect your point however you really should start to think about it a bit more logically. As others have already stated numerous times on the last few pages a DLC featuring the war with the Aldmeri and other Elves would be far too big for a Skyrim DLC, this is fact. If Bethesda want´s to deal with that topic properly then the only way to go is "The Elder Scrolls: Summerset Isles" !!

There is no way to deal with that big war in a single DLC. To be honest Skyrim is more about the Dragonborn than the Elves, it is merely leading up to a war with them (Stormscales). A DLC that deals with the Elves would be way too halfarsed and bad and would probably leave way too many holes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    If it's bigger than those three combined, I would expect it to be a standalone product. Shivering Isles was huge by itself.
    Yeah that would probably be the best solution. A whole new TES game featuring Summerset Isles and the Aldmeri. With that Bethesda is able to deliver that huge topic properly and without scrapping too much like they would have to do in a DLC (size limit and stuff)

does anyone know if valerica reacts to serana curing herself? kinda silly if she doesn't lol

The thing is the ES games always seem to be set hundreds if not thousands of years apart from each other. If the Thalmor weren't defeated in Skyrim it would effectively mean the Dragonborn did nothing to end that war and let the rest of Tamreil be oppressed for another few hundred years until another hero came along to finish that job.

From a game development point of view and how large the story arc is I definitely understand where you folks are coming from and agree that's what Bathesda probably thinks of it as well. It's just this is how I hope they'd address it.

The Civil War seems to be just as big in Skyrim as the return of the dragons so I would at least like to see the beginning of the start of that war with the Dragonborn helping the side he chose (imperial or stormcloak) to oust the Thalmor from Skyrim.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 05:17 PM ----------

does anyone know if valerica reacts to serana curing herself? kinda silly if she doesn't lol
    Valerica is Serana's mother right? I couldn't be arsed to go back into the Soul Cairne again after I was done with Dawnguard. I'm playing another sneak character with a lot of mods like Skyrim redone so I might revisit it and see.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-12 at 05:20 PM.

i took serana to her and she did nothing. that's kinda lame, i was hoping she would be all omgwtfbbq :/

I know it's the lull between DLC's but this thread needs to be kept alive!

Talk about mods, new quests, compatibility, character builds etc. SOMETHING.

On my end, I wish the perk system was refined in some way. I feel like things in the perk trees should be baseline so that perks actually feel like perks. You should be able to smith whatever you want as long as you have the materials. Smithing perks should allow you to make better versions etc. Some perks can be consolidated like pick pocketing, sneak and lock smithing. Things like faster movement and nocking speed as a marksman should be baseline as melee don't have to suffer from super clunky play until high levels. Magic can do with a removal of the perks that reduce mana cost and perks that actually make the play style more interesting. Even Skyrim redone mod doesn't address these concerns.

Also, dive rolling (outside of sneak mode) needs to be added to the game to make combat more interesting and seamless.

I need to learn how to mod.

Also, dive rolling (outside of sneak mode) needs to be added to the game to make combat more interesting and seamless.
    That sir needs to be added, It would greatly add to the defensive capabilities of none sword and board builds, and actually give some defense to DW builds.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20923

Is actually on the SkyRe suggested mods

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20923

Is actually on the SkyRe suggested mods
    That mod looks neither seamless nor interesting. It's like a slight twitch in any direction. I want the dive roll stealth ability to be usable while standing up. Distance and all also usable while strafing and back peddaling.

I'll try it out though and see how it feels.

P.S. I'm still looking for that mod that adds the bard bear spell.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-15 at 07:10 AM.

That mod looks neither seamless nor interesting. It's like a slight twitch in any direction. I want the dive roll stealth ability to be usable while standing up. Distance and all also usable while strafing and back peddaling.

I'll try it out though and see how it feels.
    Well, the mod page says you can do it side to side and stuff too, not tried it myself, just remember seeing it.
    The stealth roll looks really silly in 3rd person too