Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alt+Tab then Shift+Alt+Tab to move left (back) through the list.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Yeah, alt-tab thing is annoying as hell, but I managed to live with it. As mentioned above, just alt tab back to it again and it should solve it. Another thing to note is before you do alt tab, make sure to open inventory or just press ESC for options before doing it. By doing this, you will avoid the mouse glitch which can pop occasionally when you press alt-tab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Yeah, alt-tab thing is annoying as hell, but I managed to live with it. As mentioned above, just alt tab back to it again and it should solve it. Another thing to note is before you do alt tab, make sure to open inventory or just press ESC for options before doing it. By doing this, you will avoid the mouse glitch which can pop occasionally when you press alt-tab.
    Ohh, I didn't know that avoided the mouse glitch. Thanks, that's been annoying me

Might as well add the extremely generic build I used for Dawnguard.

Name: Hand of Akatosh/Auriel
    Profile: Snow elven culture has nearly vanished from Tamriel. You took up the duties of a Knight-Paladin in an effort to spread the word of Auriel back throughout Skyrim.
    Race: Any except Nord, Khajiit, Orc and Argonian
    Class Archetype: The Ranger + The Paladin
    Morality: Good
    Perks: *= 1 to 4 perk points . **= 5 to 8 perk points. ***= Over 8 perk points. N/A= No perk points.
    Destruction: N/A
    Restoration: **
    Alteration: **
    Heavy Armor: N/A
    Blocking: **
    Two-Handed: N/A
    One-Handed: ***
    Archery: ***
    Light Armor: ***
    Sneak: *
    Lockpicking: N/A
    Pickpocket: N/A
    Speech N/A
    Illusion: *
    Conjuration: N/a
    About Crafting. Take them however you like. They're game-breaking no matter your build, so it's up to you how much you want.

Armor: Ancient Falmer set, Auriel's Shield
    Weaponry: Auriel's Bow, One-handed Maces or Dawnbreaker. Never use blood arrows.

Factions: Join the Dawnguard. Destroy the Dark Brotherhood. Fight for the Empire in the civil war.

Recommended Mods:
    3rd person dual wield animation fix: if dual wielding.
    Dual wield Parrying: Also if dual wielding.
    Any no helmet mod: due to the lack of a helmet in the falmer set.
    Bowlegged jump animation fix: so you don't look like a troll jumping with a bow.
    Deadly Combat: Always.
    Momo Acrobatic Jump: I don't like putting anime-style stuff in the game, but this one is definitely an improvement.
    New animation for running with a bow: Same reason as the jump.
    Project Reality:Climates of Tamriel: I can't play without this.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-15 at 09:49 PM.

For graphical issues like shadows and under water stuff the thing that worked for me was either updating drivers or uninstalling the latest ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Does anyone else have problems when playing Skyrim above 60 fps? I have no idea whats causing it but when I let it be at 120, weird things start happening. Pots and pans start flying and making the collision noise indoors. Sometimes I get a weird submerging underwater and out of the water flicker. Chickens and other animals just die for no good reason etc.

After limiting it to 60 max, the problems seem to have disappeared but its a lot less smooth than it was before..

I keep getting the collision noise indoors for no reason. Creepy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yes, that is the one.

And honestly, I simply don't understand how people can say that mods make the game 1000% more contentrich- most of them simply adds better game mechanics/graphics, but I simply can't find any gameplay additions.
    man what the hell do you think a game is? mechanics and graphics are about 2/3 of what makes an RPG, you left out the thousands of hours of custom stories and if not for a dialogue bug you'd see more quests than there are.

not sure what you're expecting but hours and hours of free content that is limited by the modders imagination is exactly what makes bethesda games better. if you're getting your shit from the steam workshop, that's problem one, the best shit there is ripped off from the guys who put up on skyrim nexus. you tel me what you're looking for and i'll tell you where to find it. you want an addon where you fuck hookers in the inns? they made one. you want one where you can look like MLP and staby shit? they got one. mods will be created for the next 5 years for skyrim.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Does anyone else have problems when playing Skyrim above 60 fps? I have no idea whats causing it but when I let it be at 120, weird things start happening. Pots and pans start flying and making the collision noise indoors. Sometimes I get a weird submerging underwater and out of the water flicker. Chickens and other animals just die for no good reason etc.

After limiting it to 60 max, the problems seem to have disappeared but its a lot less smooth than it was before..
    known bug, don't play at 120fps

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It does and it makes me sad modders haven't looked into making it smoother and just making combat a lot more interesting.
    then take an hour to learn how to create your own mods with all these free tools and do it. you people who don't create mods, DO bitch about it and run quality modders off (like the guy who made WIS) hold us all back

if you can't make it, you really don't have a right to bitch about nobody else making it. stop being lazy and learn how, you'll be amazed how simple this stuff can be and how many people are willing to help you with the stuff that isn't so simple (papyrus scripting)

I LOVE mods and really appreciate the work modders put into them and know that I would be hard pressed to make anything bordering on passable in comparison to the stuff I'm using on Skyrim right now.

It just surprises me that something so big as the combat system outside of perks seems to have gone largely unnoticed by moders and mod users alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

elisif is essential, so she can't be killed.

something i've just recently discovered, the masque of clavicus vile looks awesome with the royal vampire armor! but only on a male :/

tempted to make a male character now >.<

Deleted
    Hey, Myobi. What type of shadow issues do you have? Is it the flickering or are they jumping, are they pixelated or maybe all three?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Really? Aw. That means I can't just nuke both sides ? =( sniffles.
    you can by using console commands to make her normal, but that's the only way :/

Deleted
    This should do the trick for you + give you a few extra fps
    I'm assuming you fiddled with config files before so I'll just point you in the right direction.

First file that we want to edit is Skyrim.ini. Add or edit these two lines under [Display].

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.10
    fSunUpdateThreshold=1.0

This will solve the jumping/glitchy shadows.

Now we want smoother, less pixelated shadows. To do that, go into Skyrimprefs.ini. Add or edit the following lines under [Display].

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
    fInteriorShadowDistance=1000.0000
    fShadowDistance=2000.0000
    iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096
    iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096
    iShadowMaskQuarter=2

Make sure that all "ShadowMapResolution" lines are edited to a value of "4096", there are more than 2 lines defining the shadow resolution.
    The only thing you have to keep in mind is that after the config files are edited, never go into the games options tab and change anything.
    For no apparent reason at all this causes the values to jump back to default and you once again have the blocky no good for nothing shadows.

Edit: I can see you went offline, but fuck it, spent a few precious minutes writing this beforehand so better post it :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    known bug, don't play at 120fps
    That sucks..

Does it still happen with 90 or 100 fps? And if not, is there a way to limit it for Skyrim? Now I just set it on half the supported rate for Skyrim on Nvidia settings.

I installed SkyRe, but 2 things in combat are ruining it for me:
    1-Walking cancels the attack animation
    2-Enemy damage always comes at the start of the animation rather than when it's supposed to, making blocking by reflex impossible.
    This is not how it's supposed to work, is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I installed SkyRe, but 2 things in combat are ruining it for me:
    1-Walking cancels the attack animation
    2-Enemy damage always comes at the start of the animation rather than when it's supposed to, making blocking by reflex impossible.
    This is not how it's supposed to work, is it?
    Nope, sounds like bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Nope, sounds like bugs.
    I figure it's clashing with other mods, but I don't know what I should be looking for here.

I have the bug where underwater I can't see anything; the screen goes greenish grey until I come to the surface. Unfortunately I am not able to download anything for awhile so is there a non-mod way to fix this?

Also, does Riften really have any decent quests apart from the Thieves Guild? Only been there a tiny bit but so far the amount of interesting quests there (minus Thieves Guild) seems pretty underwhelming compared to the other 4 major cities.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I figure it's clashing with other mods, but I don't know what I should be looking for here.
    Have you tried using BOSS (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6) to sort out any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Have you tried using BOSS (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6) to sort out any issues?
    Doesn't show anything wrong on combat. Also, I have verified that not only the damage doesn't match the animation, sometimes it repeats. I keep getting killed because the dude with a warhammer attacked 3 times in one swing.