elisif is essential, so she can't be killed.

something i've just recently discovered, the masque of clavicus vile looks awesome with the royal vampire armor! but only on a male :/

tempted to make a male character now >.<

Really? Aw. That means I can't just nuke both sides ? =( sniffles.

Scarab Lord
    Hey, Myobi. What type of shadow issues do you have? Is it the flickering or are they jumping, are they pixelated or maybe all three?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Really? Aw. That means I can't just nuke both sides ? =( sniffles.
    you can by using console commands to make her normal, but that's the only way :/

Scarab Lord
    This should do the trick for you + give you a few extra fps
    I'm assuming you fiddled with config files before so I'll just point you in the right direction.

First file that we want to edit is Skyrim.ini. Add or edit these two lines under [Display].

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.10
    fSunUpdateThreshold=1.0

This will solve the jumping/glitchy shadows.

Now we want smoother, less pixelated shadows. To do that, go into Skyrimprefs.ini. Add or edit the following lines under [Display].

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
    fInteriorShadowDistance=1000.0000
    fShadowDistance=2000.0000
    iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096
    iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096
    iShadowMaskQuarter=2

Make sure that all "ShadowMapResolution" lines are edited to a value of "4096", there are more than 2 lines defining the shadow resolution.
    The only thing you have to keep in mind is that after the config files are edited, never go into the games options tab and change anything.
    For no apparent reason at all this causes the values to jump back to default and you once again have the blocky no good for nothing shadows.

Edit: I can see you went offline, but fuck it, spent a few precious minutes writing this beforehand so better post it :>
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    known bug, don't play at 120fps
    That sucks..

Does it still happen with 90 or 100 fps? And if not, is there a way to limit it for Skyrim? Now I just set it on half the supported rate for Skyrim on Nvidia settings.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    you can by using console commands to make her normal, but that's the only way :/
    That's a no no to me, only use such thing when game breaking bugs happen =P

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Hey, Myobi. What type of shadow issues do you have? Is it the flickering or are they jumping, are they pixelated or maybe all three?
    It's a huge mix of that, yeah. I just tried to remove them all.... kind of fail'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    This should do the trick for you + give you a few extra fps
    I'm assuming you fiddled with config files before so I'll just point you in the right direction.

First file that we want to edit is Skyrim.ini. Add or edit these two lines under [Display].

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.10
    fSunUpdateThreshold=1.0

This will solve the jumping/glitchy shadows.

Now we want smoother, less pixelated shadows. To do that, go into Skyrimprefs.ini. Add or edit the following lines under [Display].

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
    fInteriorShadowDistance=1000.0000
    fShadowDistance=2000.0000
    iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096
    iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096
    iShadowMaskQuarter=2

Make sure that all "ShadowMapResolution" lines are edited to a value of "4096", there are more than 2 lines defining the shadow resolution.
    The only thing you have to keep in mind is that after the config files are edited, never go into the games options tab and change anything.
    For no apparent reason at all this causes the values to jump back to default and you once again have the blocky no good for nothing shadows.

Edit: I can see you went offline, but fuck it, spent a few precious minutes writing this beforehand so better post it :>
    Will give it a shot. Thanks.

I installed SkyRe, but 2 things in combat are ruining it for me:
    1-Walking cancels the attack animation
    2-Enemy damage always comes at the start of the animation rather than when it's supposed to, making blocking by reflex impossible.
    This is not how it's supposed to work, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I installed SkyRe, but 2 things in combat are ruining it for me:
    1-Walking cancels the attack animation
    2-Enemy damage always comes at the start of the animation rather than when it's supposed to, making blocking by reflex impossible.
    This is not how it's supposed to work, is it?
    Nope, sounds like bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Nope, sounds like bugs.
    I figure it's clashing with other mods, but I don't know what I should be looking for here.

I have the bug where underwater I can't see anything; the screen goes greenish grey until I come to the surface. Unfortunately I am not able to download anything for awhile so is there a non-mod way to fix this?

Also, does Riften really have any decent quests apart from the Thieves Guild? Only been there a tiny bit but so far the amount of interesting quests there (minus Thieves Guild) seems pretty underwhelming compared to the other 4 major cities.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I figure it's clashing with other mods, but I don't know what I should be looking for here.
    Have you tried using BOSS (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6) to sort out any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Have you tried using BOSS (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6) to sort out any issues?
    Doesn't show anything wrong on combat. Also, I have verified that not only the damage doesn't match the animation, sometimes it repeats. I keep getting killed because the dude with a warhammer attacked 3 times in one swing.

I would say you have conflicting mods, or you could even have a bad load order on your mods. If BOSS doesn't show you any issues, then I would go to the page for each of your mods to see if they have any known issues with other mods.

Doesn't show anything wrong on combat. Also, I have verified that not only the damage doesn't match the animation, sometimes it repeats. I keep getting killed because the dude with a warhammer attacked 3 times in one swing.
    Post you mod list here, I'll see if I can figure out what isn't compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Post you mod list here, I'll see if I can figure out what isn't compatible.
    Started a new game, working fine. Which is bizarre, since the game that had the problems was new, too.
    It might have something to do with switching off Deadly Combat and activating SkyRe.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:35 PM ----------

[/COLOR]i hate to put one post right after the other.... but every so often i get this game breaking bug where my talents stop working. i was playing a dual wield character and dual flurry stopped working, and so did the damage buff perk. i've got this before in the past and i've noticed an odd trend to it. it usually only happens when i play a redguard, and once when i played an imperial with imperial gear. anyone know what might be the problem?
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2012-11-18 at 10:35 PM.

So on SkyRE it gives you a "respec potion". Is that supposed to just remove your perks put in trees and that's it or is it supposed to refund them? I've tried with 5 different saved games from ones where I cheated to ones where I didn't on vanilla and with SkyRE running and it doesn't seem to refund the points.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

It refunds them, takes some time though

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    It refunds them, takes some time though
    I wait that period and then when it says "refund completed" I check and have no perks to put anywhere. Tried clicking different perks etc. and nothing seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |