Deleted
    Orthjolf is also the manliest vampire in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    problem:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDvuo.jpg

As you can see, the lighting focuses on that which is closest to me, and blurs out the rest. This effect becomes stronger when the object gets closer to me.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

help is appreciated!
    Do people usually complain about dynamic depth? I thought it was kinda popular.

i didn't care for orthjolf's stereotypical nord racism. fura bloodmouth is probably the only one i care for out of all the volkihar, her cutesy voice is just perfect <3

oh, and garan marethi, with all his "i hate politics" attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i didn't care for orthjolf's stereotypical nord racism. fura bloodmouth is probably the only one i care for out of all the volkihar, her cutesy voice is just perfect <3

oh, and garan marethi, with all his "i hate politics" attitude.
    He's the only Vampire ever that isn't an effeminate wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    That's very much not true. Effeminate vampires is a very new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Yeah the whole effeminate vampire thing is sort of a new deal. Watch Nosferatu and you'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah the whole effeminate vampire thing is sort of a new deal. Watch Nosferatu and you'll see.
    Hell, even Dracula isn't effeminate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Hell, even Dracula isn't effeminate.
    What? He lives in a castle and spends all day lecturing on the superiority of the Szkelys and- oh.

Nosferatu is clearly effeminate also. Look at his nails.

Hey, Question for the home owners.

I bought the home in Windhelm while having the starter quest for the murder in my quest log.
    So I wanted to buy upgrades. Which I couldn't do. I wondered why and went out and sought out the house.
    Find the clues it said. So apparently the butcher lives here? Is this a bug that I bought the house before solving the butcher quest? And do you folks think I can still upgrade the house? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    That's interesting collection. Probably everything you would ever need in Skyrim. But I just can't install that many mods into Skyrim or else it will break down completely. Currently I'm playing a thief character with only bare minimum necessary mods installed (Unofficial patch and SkyUI, and few others). At least the game almost never crashes now. I wonder if it's meant to be so that with a lot of mods installed the game just happens to crash more often (all the time).

And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..
    turn on papyrus logging via .ini and 99.9% of all CTDs will be the last thing in the first log (ends with a 0)

running 100-150 mods is perfectly safe, just have to do it right, bash patch what you got to, etc

i have about 75 right now and they're all 100% compatible, no CTDs, everything works. people just get their save files so fucking dirty that it's amazing it works at all. do EVERYTHING right (install, uninstall, bash, load order) and you don't have issues

it's not a lot to have to learn really

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Hey, Question for the home owners.

I bought the home in Windhelm while having the starter quest for the murder in my quest log.
    So I wanted to buy upgrades. Which I couldn't do. I wondered why and went out and sought out the house.
    Find the clues it said. So apparently the butcher lives here? Is this a bug that I bought the house before solving the butcher quest? And do you folks think I can still upgrade the house? Thanks
    you should always do the "blood on the ice" quest line before buying the house. i bought the house before doing it once, but i still got my decorations. i just couldn't clean up the gore in the secret room. so you might try finishing off the quest line and see if that opens up the dialog.

So I was going through Skuldafn when I realized it had been a while since I had last cast Enhance Weapon - Fire. Turns out it's not wearing off, and this is a bad thing for me as that, along with arcane dynamo, is my main method of leveling alteration. How can I fix this? I'll just get another weapon if I can't, but I'd be happier fixing it.

I wish there wasn't a level cap on the effectiveness of illusion spells (specifically poisons) =/

Anyone have an idea for a mod that can fix this and is compatible with SkyRE?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wish there wasn't a level cap on the effectiveness of illusion spells (specifically poisons) =/

Anyone have an idea for a mod that can fix this and is compatible with SkyRE?
    you using skyrim uncapper? it's compatible, suggested by the author of skyre and highly configurable

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    So I was going through Skuldafn when I realized it had been a while since I had last cast Enhance Weapon - Fire. Turns out it's not wearing off, and this is a bad thing for me as that, along with arcane dynamo, is my main method of leveling alteration. How can I fix this? I'll just get another weapon if I can't, but I'd be happier fixing it.
    just get one of the other enhance weapon spells and use it over it. i never use those so not sure if it's a bug, intended, or what. you can open up skyre in the CK and see if a flag is missing or if the duration is something really high

Another problem. I'm doing the civil war questline now, and after turning in the first step of liberating the rift(where you blackmail the steward), Legate Rikke gives me gold but doesn't give me the next quest, to capture Fort Greenwall. I don't want to have to skip this questline, but messing around with the console has yielded me no other options. Google told me you have to go ask Tullius how the war is going but that didn't do anything, neither did using the cooking spit in the camp and knocking out Rikke, then talking to her again. I've never encountered this problem before on any other character. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Another problem. I'm doing the civil war questline now, and after turning in the first step of liberating the rift(where you blackmail the steward), Legate Rikke gives me gold but doesn't give me the next quest, to capture Fort Greenwall. I don't want to have to skip this questline, but messing around with the console has yielded me no other options. Google told me you have to go ask Tullius how the war is going but that didn't do anything, neither did using the cooking spit in the camp and knocking out Rikke, then talking to her again. I've never encountered this problem before on any other character. Any ideas?
    I encountered the same problem on both the factions, Stormcloaks and the Empire. It's a bug which can happen occasionally when doing the quests and is really annoying. Thing that worked for me is fast-travel then wait for 24h, or reloading the save. Might take a few times, could also be bugged out because there's a dragon bugging nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Could it be a level issue? You might need to advance your character level to continue the plot (just a guess )
    Questlines have a required level to be started, not to progress(I think). And I'm currently lv 40 on this character. Thanks for trying, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    I encountered the same problem on both the factions, Stormcloaks and the Empire. It's a bug which can happen occasionally when doing the quests and is really annoying. Thing that worked for me is fast-travel then wait for 24h, or reloading the save. Might take a few times, could also be bugged out because there's a dragon bugging nearby.
    Didn't try waiting 24h but since I knocked her out and she still didn't have the option, that shouldn't fix it. But this dragon bugging is probably the reason. I say this because as I was getting close to the camp, The dragon fight music started playing. Though I was fighting bears. When the last bear died there was still one more enemy dot, but it vanished and then the music stopped. Guess that's our dragon. But what's the bug and how to fix it?
    I can still simply reload the save from before I started the blackmail quest.

That list of mods to make it look better is nice, and considering most are texture/mesh improvements I could merge the whole thing into a single .esp + files.

My problem is that the only real difference is made by the ENBseries filter, and that always - without fail - caused such a large performance drop that it simply wasn't feasible to continue running it. I've tried running it with SSAO disabled, and it reduces performance hit at the expense of... well... shiny graphics, but the loading times are still for some unexplainable reason through the roof (though still much lower than with full on SSAO). It's absolutely amazing for screenshots that make your jaw drop, it really is astounding what some texture-work and some filters can do to an otherwise unremarkable engine, but for playing the game it's useless... at least for anything other than an obscenely overpowered PC.

Ah well, I only wanted to use it to make the ground look better, but I'll settle for the other ones in that list. It's actually quite nice to not have 240p(-seeming) textures on giant terrain objects like mountains and glaciers.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2012-12-01 at 06:01 AM.

has anyone found out how to make skyrim get past the actual bethesda logo screen with a lot of addons? i have dozens of addons and it seems like nothing ever works to prevent CTD
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    has anyone found out how to make skyrim get past the actual bethesda logo screen with a lot of addons? i have dozens of addons and it seems like nothing ever works to prevent CTD
    I have 64 indexed on nexus manager (not including Skyrim/Dawnguard files) and no problems...
    Might just be one causing a problem or loaded in the wrong order :\