Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Another problem. I'm doing the civil war questline now, and after turning in the first step of liberating the rift(where you blackmail the steward), Legate Rikke gives me gold but doesn't give me the next quest, to capture Fort Greenwall. I don't want to have to skip this questline, but messing around with the console has yielded me no other options. Google told me you have to go ask Tullius how the war is going but that didn't do anything, neither did using the cooking spit in the camp and knocking out Rikke, then talking to her again. I've never encountered this problem before on any other character. Any ideas?
    setstage CWMission07 200
    (completes the turn in part of the quest from the steward blackmail chain, the one you turn in before you get the fort greenwall starter quest)

if it's already done, just use
    setstage CWFortSiegeFort 10
    (starts the fort greenwall quests, this is what legate rikke is supposed to give you)

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I have 64 indexed on nexus manager (not including Skyrim/Dawnguard files) and no problems...
    Might just be one causing a problem or loaded in the wrong order :\
    i used boss to check the load order and for errors and it says its all fine but it really isnt -,-
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    has anyone found out how to make skyrim get past the actual bethesda logo screen with a lot of addons? i have dozens of addons and it seems like nothing ever works to prevent CTD
    your load order is fucked up then. when it does that, it's conflicting. i have 81 addons right now and any CTD means something is wrong.
    i'm not going to explain how to deal with it because people have been writing how-tos for this since oblivion came out. use BOSS (better oblivion sorting software, yes, it's for skyrim) to automatically sort your shit and it will also tell you if you got conflicting addons, will tell you to remove this, delete that esp, etc

if that isn't the problem, you have something left over from another mod that shouldn't be there, clean out your DATA folder

if that isn't it, you are missing something a mod needs, may just need to be checked/ticked in the mod manager

i'd use nexus mod manager, i'd only download shit from skyrim nexus (steam is fine, but a LOT of steam addons are fakes and copies, aren't supported because of that, or modified by people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground)

with the right tools (boss, nmm, proper install/uninstall procedurs) you won't have problems

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 02:43 AM ----------

i used boss to check the load order and for errors and it says its all fine but it really isnt -,-
    you use ASIS?
    post the link to the boss page that you get when you sort them
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-12-01 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    your load order is fucked up then. when it does that, it's conflicting. i have 81 addons right now and any CTD means something is wrong.
    i'm not going to explain how to deal with it because people have been writing how-tos for this since oblivion came out. use BOSS (better oblivion sorting software, yes, it's for skyrim) to automatically sort your shit and it will also tell you if you got conflicting addons, will tell you to remove this, delete that esp, etc

if that isn't the problem, you have something left over from another mod that shouldn't be there, clean out your DATA folder

if that isn't it, you are missing something a mod needs, may just need to be checked/ticked in the mod manager

i'd use nexus mod manager, i'd only download shit from skyrim nexus (steam is fine, but a LOT of steam addons are fakes and copies, aren't supported because of that, or modified by people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground)

with the right tools (boss, nmm, proper install/uninstall procedurs) you won't have problems

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 02:43 AM ----------

you use ASIS?
    i dont know what asis is. I have a lot of addons from steam though mixed with nexus mods, maybe i will just uninstall all the steam mods and uninstall the game and try again with just nexus mods. Im sad -- i had so many mods for followers and game enhancements now i have to find them all =P

i dont know what asis is. I have a lot of addons from steam though mixed with nexus mods, maybe i will just uninstall all the steam mods and uninstall the game and try again with just nexus mods. Im sad -- i had so many mods for followers and game enhancements now i have to find them all =P
    don't do that, just post your boss link (it's a webpage that it shows you all the shit on)

Code:
    These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active
    Update.esm Active
    Contains dirty edits: 52 ITM, 1 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)
    Dawnguard.esm Active
    Contains dirty edits: 602 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)
    Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    SkyMoMod.esm Active
    SPIKE.esm Active
    WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm
    RiverHelm.esm Active
    ApachiiHair.esm Active
    HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
    HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
    arrowsmith.esp Active
    dragonsoulstoperks.esp Active
    general npc fixes.esp Active
    giveadogahome.esp Active
    hellayracedesc.esp Active
    higherlevelenemies.esp Active
    Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
    knownspells.esp Active
    morenpcs.esp Active
    moredragonloot.esp Active
    new guards.esp Active
    real glaciers v2.esp Active
    sabrefurbag.esp Active
    sanctuarycleanup.esp Active
    smithing&clothings_variety_mod.esp Active
    adventurersandtravelers.esp Active
    crowdedcities.esp Active
    dbarmor.esp Active
    df127enchantedarrows.esp Active
    DHuntress.esp Active
    Requires: CBBE female body.
    dragonboneweaponspack01_v01.00.esp Active
    dwemerautoblade.esp Active
    Gatti14Yumiko.esp Active
    hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
    isilnarsil.esp Active
    iorvethlightarmor_v_1_3.esp Active
    LustmordVampireArmor.esp Active
    matys knights of the nine armor 2.1.esp Active
    Remodeled Armor.esp Active
    schwertleite set.esp Active
    stalhrimstandalone2.esp Active
    Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
    throwing knives.esp Active
    viciousdawnbreaker.esp Active
    warmagearmor.esp Active
    wvexpansion.esp Active
    dr_bandolier.esp Active
    arbitraryfa - forsworn.esp Active
    BecomeKingOfRiverHelm.esp Active
    betterriften.esp Active
    bossdungeon.esp Active
    lighterdragonscalesandbones.esp Active
    lighter_mining_smithing_materials.esp Active
    lightweight potions and poisons.esp Active
    br_hoodcirclets.esp Active
    dynamicmerchants.esp Active
    faster vanilla horses.esp Active
    guard dialogue overhaul.esp Active
    Headtracking.esp Active
    Contains dirty edits: 3 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)
    Killable Children.esp Active
    tavewindhelm.esp Active
    dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp Active
    Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
    betterwerewolf.esp Active
    midasskyrim.esp
    Warning: Original file was released before the CK (07 Feb. 2012) a compatibility patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained here. (Compatibility Patch)
    summon cap.esp Active
    shenkthieveryoverhaul.esp Active
    The Dance of Death.esp Active
    combat fists.esp Active
    private_nokillblur_test.esp Active
    alan_extended archery perk tree.esp Active
    alek's weapon skills overhaul.esp Active
    magicscaling.esp Active
    followers keep up.esp Active
    EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
    mercenariesplus.esp Active
    UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
    Warning: UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp required to work properly with Dawnguard (Official Bethesda DLC)
    Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.
    reduced distance npc greetings.esp Active
    Angelina Jolie.esp Active
    Requires: CBBE female body.
    Frost_Elves.esp Active
    Requires: Custom Race Mods by Trykz
    Lyla.esp Active
    specializedfollowers.esp Active
    mjollfacelift-blondehair.esp Active
    miravel.esp Active
    saadia.esp Active
    Companion_Ari.esp Active
    Companion_Sooji.esp Active
    follower trap safety.esp Active
    followerwander2.esp Active
    Note: UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp has the same functional, but you can use FollowerWander2.esp on your choice.
    CerwidenCompanion.esp Active
    SGFChastity.esp Active
    SGFEris.esp Active
    SGFKodelia.esp Active
    SGFLucretia.esp Active
    SGFSabeena.esp Active
    Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active
    [mpx]raceheights.esp Active
    ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp Active
    rcrn legacy - hybrid shaders.esp Active
    Incompatible with: Original FXAA Post Process Injector and Realistic Lighting Without Post-Processing
    barenziahquestmarkers.esp Active
    smakit_house_markers.esp Active
    it seems like the biggest error is the UFO Ultimate follower overhaul plugin but i tried disabling and it still happens

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    setstage CWFortSiegeFort 10
    (starts the fort greenwall quests, this is what legate rikke is supposed to give you)
    First thing I tried. nothing happens.

Deleted
    This is just your punishment for playing Imperials.

it seems like the biggest error is the UFO Ultimate follower overhaul plugin but i tried disabling and it still happens
    you can't just disable UFO and it's working fine, updated yesterday and i've been using it the whole time. you need the dawnguard patch with it too

make sure skyrim is using the 1.8 patch (newest one), updates via steam automatically when steam is online

here is what i'd do, i'd start a 100% fresh clean game. i'm 99.9% sure you have a dirty save that's causing issues that you may not even be noticing, but you got a lot of old outdated mods, mods that change the same shit, etc. if you can possibly do without a current save, i'd just start fresh and save myself a headache

just delete all your mods and never use the workshop again. it will just be easier and more convenient to go to the skyrim nexus for all your mods and if it isn't there, 10 replacements are. it's just managed better, regulated better and more active and the mod manager makes most installs fool proof

delete everything from your skyrim game folder (where data, tesv.exe, etc is) except the DATA folder, ARCHIVE.EXE, CREATIONKIT.EXE (if you have it, if not, don't worry about it), if you are using ENB keep the d3d9.dll and any of the ENBbloom, effects, etc files, skyrimlauncher. exe and tesv.exe. delete the rest of it, it's important you'll get it back in a minute automatically.

go into that data folder folder you kept and delete everything except the skyrim - whatever .bsa (sounds, shaders, textures, etc) and the update.esm/bsa and dawnguard.esm/bsa. delete the other shit, you just want the official skyrim/update/dawnguard bsa and esm

now, your folder should be clean as fuck. all those other folders inside data and inside skyrim EXCEPT FOR DATA should be gone.

open steam, go to all games, right click skyrim, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache and it will check what files you need that are missing, automatically download and install them and you're back to square one.

then, go to the skyrim nexus, get the mod manager (nexus mod manager or NMM, free, download and install) and find what you want to install

read the page and the comments. if people say it's dead, don't fuck with it. if it hasn't been updated since august, it's probably dead unless it's an armor file or something, they require fewer updates. just make sure what you're getting is worth getting

read the descriptions, read what it is and isn't compatible with (if they have it)

i WOULD NOT use alternate start, it causes a default script to forever look for the trigger that you skip when you use this mod and it does cause issues in the background. i only got papyrus lag spikes from hell (a stutter here and there) and while that's normal, this was a bad one and it would CTD occasionally as well. just start the old fashioned way and save yourself the trouble. i recently quit using it too.

use the "top files" and also sort through mods by category and sort each category by ENDORSEMENTS to find the good shit. when shit is down around 100 or fewer endorsements, it's something VERY specific that you can do without unless you're looking for it in the first place, or it's just not a popular mod (usually don't find much at that point worth having unless it's a day old)

make sure each mod you download isn't fucking with another mod you have/want and that it has everything it needs to work

you'll probably need SKSE (google and download from their page and install instructions are in the readme), MIGHT need scriptdragon (i don't) and you should start off fresh in teh right direction.

it shouldn't take but 10 mins to download all the files you deleted, most of them were text files and aren't that big. you kept the big shit

now, when you get a mod that uses a script, that script doesn't disappear and stop running usually unless you stop the quest associated with it (quest as in how it talks to the game, how you put it into the game when you make the mod, not a normal quest IN the game, if it's relevant the mod will tell you how to stop it)

here is my mod list, it's a lot of shit and it all plays well together and it's a great start at the very least.

Code:
    Skyrim.esm Active
    Update.esm Active
    Dawnguard.esm Active
    ETaC - RESOURCES.esm Active
    SPIKE.esm Active
    ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
    HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
    HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
    randomthunder.esp Active
    EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
    ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-2.esp Active
    ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
    ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp Active
    Birdsofskyrim.esp Active
    BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp Active
    Chesko_SwiftPotion.esp Active
    Occupy Skyrim.esp Active
    People Have Torches.esp Active
    ScenicCarriages.esp Active
    SkyUI.esp Active
    WetandCold.esp Active
    Cloaks.esp Active
    1nivWICCloaks.esp Active
    1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp Active
    hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
    Dr_Bandolier.esp Active
    DeadlyDragons.esp Active
    DeadlyDragons_Addon.esp Active
    Run For Your Lives.esp Active
    The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp Active
    Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active
    SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active
    ETaC - Villages Complete.esp Active
    ETaC - Morthal.esp Active
    Long lost smelters by Hyralux.esp Active
    Populated Cities 2.esp Active
    Better Vampires ML.esp Active
    BFSEffects.esp Active
    SkyRe_Main.esp Active
    Warning: The SkyRe has many conflicts with other mods. Please read the readme before playing with mod. This will prevent many problems. Read it here.
    SkyRe_Combat.esp Active
    SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp Active
    SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp Active
    SkyRe_StandingStones.esp Active
    GDO_Plugin_SkyRe.esp Active
    3DNPC.esp Active
    UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active
    UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active
    My Home Is Your Home.esp Active
    CerwidenCompanion.esp Active
    CerwidenAppearancePatch.esp Active
    SkyRe_Races.esp Active
    WATER.esp Active
    SKSE Hotkeys.esp Active
    skyre is great and the armor mod that is set up to work specifically with it has a ton of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    This is just your punishment for playing Imperials.
    I played for the stormcloaks on my first character, and ever since them I've found myself unable to fight for Jarl Adolfric Stormhitler again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I played for the stormcloaks on my first character, and ever since them I've found myself unable to fight for Jarl Adolfric Stormhitler again.
    Ulfric is awesome. You're mucking about. And the Empire's racist and fascist too. The Stormcloaks aren't the latter, though. They're just a nationalistic monarchy. The Empire wants to replace every other culture with their own.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-12-01 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Are we going to start a political debate?

I'm with Imperials. I love Thalmor and I cannot bare Nord accents so it was a no brainer for me
    Anyone who claims Ulfric as Adolf Hitler should really look closely and compare the two. You don't like Ulfric? Fine. But don't make incorrect comparisons. And it's 'bear'.

Deleted
    ... I didn't compare them

derp typo :<
    I was referring to the first guy I was talking to.

Maybe someone here can help me. The quest Escaped Criminal is bugged for me. Namely I got no quest marker. Finding and killing the criminal without a marker didn't progress the quest (and was quite frustrating). Neither does using setstage to finish the quest. Or using the method suggested in the ES wiki i.e.

"This can be bypassed through console commands, by accepting and completing one of the other companion radiant quests. The following commands will assign Animal Extermination as a new quest and complete it. Afterwards, you can accept new radiant quests from the companion leaders.

setstage cr01 10
    setstage cr01 20
    setstage cr01 100

In case this doesn´t work, using cr02 instead of cr01 worked. In addition it may happen that you can only get a quest from Aela after using this bypass. Completing the Quest from Aela (in my case: Totems of Hircine) seemed to reset the other quests, so I can now again take quests from the other leaders, including Vilkas."

None of these fixes do anything for me. Which is pretty bad because my last save before accepting the quest is ~30 hours old.

Deleted
    On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering setstage CR07 stage, where stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages, but it is possible to clear all stages of the quest using resetquest CR07.

From the much superior Uesp.net wiki. I don't understand a word of it, but maybe it helps.

Are we going to start a political debate?

I'm with Imperials. I love Thalmor and I cannot bare Nord accents so it was a no brainer for me
    I went Imperials to for the first playthrough but I have absolutely no love for the Thalmor and can't wait for the day they get their asses handed to them. The white gold concordat will not last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I went Imperials to for the first playthrough but I have absolutely no love for the Thalmor and can't wait for the day they get their asses handed to them. The white gold concordat will not last.
    You'd be surprised how long these things can last when most of the nobility conspire to murder their leader.

What is the console command for flushing out the memory used.

Now that I've progressed further into the game and done tons of shit the game just seems to fill up my RAM really fast after few location switches.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    I like the Imperial's uniforms a lot more than Stormcloaks too. I hope the Empire wins
    Seriously? They're wearing skirts.

The way this'll go though, is that it'll probably depend on your save or they'll do a dragon break (again).

Imperials need to get out of Skyrim, I've always wanted that place independent from Morrowind onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Seriously? They're wearing skirts.

The way this'll go though, is that it'll probably depend on your save or they'll do a dragon break (again).

Imperials need to get out of Skyrim, I've always wanted that place independent from Morrowind onwards.
    it looks a lot like roman armor you see in movies, which is pretty sweet. general tullius was almost exactly the same as all depictions of julius caesar lol.