10+ Year Old Account
    Are the spears really just going to turn into arrows when you loot them? I understand that it's a small portion of the DLC, but it's a bummer if they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, just saw the video on what it's like to ride a dragon mount, that got me pretty excited, but I'm even more excited to see what kind of mods people conjure up when it's released for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I guess I just got used to it. I tried it as well and wasn't a fan. I liked what it did but it bugged me for some reason.

I went from PS3 version to PC version when I built my PC, maybe that's why.
    Same here. Also, the game's kinda "slow" on my computer (I run it on higher settings than I should so low frame rate) and the console UI works better for than that SkyUI personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What about people who own macs? They're largely ignored by almost every major video game company, despite being a large population of people who love gaming as well. If it's exclusive content you're worried about, you've already been dealing with it for quite some time.
    Yeah I know that feeling too. I play mostly on my xbox because the only games that I can play on my iMac are WoW, SC2 and D3. The only gaming company that does not outright say "f*ck you" to mac owners is Blizzard.

So yeah this is how it works nowadays. You have PC exclusive games (basically every MMO), xbox exclusive games (HALO, FORZA), Playstation exclusive games (Gran Turismo, Uncharted) and Bethesda made a deal with Microsoft to give the DLCs first to the xbox owners.

I can understand that to be honest. I could basically rage all day long because there are literally no games for MACs so I think you guys can get over that Dragonborn thing.

BTW: Played it already and I have to say that it is simply amazing. Really well done to be honest especially how things turn out with that other Dragonborn and Dragon riding is absolutely amazing !!
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-12-05 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stumbled upon this astounding list of mods that conforms to the lore of the game:

http://www.skyrimgems.com/index.html

They all sound very intriguing. I may have to spend a couple of years trying even half of them out.

On that note, what does de-leveled or unleveled mean? Many of the mods advertise that as a feature, but I never figured out what it meant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I stumbled upon this astounding list of mods that conforms to the lore of the game:

http://www.skyrimgems.com/index.html

They all sound very intriguing. I may have to spend a couple of years trying even half of them out.

On that note, what does de-leveled or unleveled mean? Many of the mods advertise that as a feature, but I never figured out what it meant.
    A lot of interesting stuff there. The ones under economy and realism are especially interesting.

By the way, your avatar is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiddish View Post
    ok I'm going to buy the game today so I have one more question.

Where can I download all of these mods you guys are talking about? and do I have to pay for them?
    Are there any of these mods that I HAVE to get? someone mentioned one that makes the UI better looking etc...
    To reiterate unholytestament, you'll want SKSE and BOSS. SKSE extends the scripting capabilities of the game for modders, and is used by many mods. BOSS will help you "organize" your mods in the proper load order (very important). NMM is the easiest way to download and install mods.

As has also been said, mods are free. I would, however, suggest playing the vanilla game as vanilla as possible, at least for a while. That way you get to see how the game plays, and then you'll know what else you'd like to see added to the game.

That said, go ahead and get these now:
    1) SkyUI is the UI mod that you'll probably want to grab if you are using keyboard and mouse. If you are using a controller, the default UI works well enough, though I'd still recommend SkyUI.
    2) High Quality 3D Map and Quality Map with Roads is also a huge improvement over the abysmal vanilla map (get both, they work together).
    3) Depending in your system, you might want to grab one of the Texture Compilations, but the HD pack that Bethesda released is decent as well (should be a free DLC off of the Steam page).

One more thing, if you choose to play a character that enjoys using a bow, there is one more tweak I would highly recommend:

Play the game once, so that it auto-detects your graphical settings.
    Navigate to your C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder.
    Double-click on your Skyrim.ini file to edit it and add the following lines to your file, under the appropriate heading. If the heading does not exist, add it, then save the file.

[Combat]
    fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
    fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
    f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
    f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
    f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7
    f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Actor]
    fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

The first part will make archery feel better, while the second part eliminates engine issues where arrows "accidentally" pass through targets without colliding with them.

If your computer can handle it I definitely recommend you run some type of ENB. Those things shoot up graphical/texture quality like insanity. Even if you're running the game on high settings ENB's will make the game look better than ultra. But once again, remember that you need a pretty dang good graphics card to support them. I really need to upgrade my GPU. My current one can't even fathom running an ENB mod =/
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddish View Post
    ok I'm going to buy the game today so I have one more question.

Where can I download all of these mods you guys are talking about? and do I have to pay for them?
    Are there any of these mods that I HAVE to get? someone mentioned one that makes the UI better looking etc...
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/
    Enjoy!

Mods are free. The adult ones need you to make an account to get, which is free.

You need the Skyrim Unofficial patch, otherwise the game will be littered with bugs. That's all that's fully required. Rest is up to you.

I'm thinking of playing a Paladin playstyle with a 1h sword/mace, shield and restoration magic has any body tried this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dawnguard caters to that play style pretty well with the weapons and spells it gives you, namely the Dawnguard heavy armor set with the rune shield, rune ax, as well as the Stendarr's Aura spell that you can get that creates an aura that inflicts sun damage. Anything that does sun damage is geared towards the undead, however, to their usefulness against other enemies is going to be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    I'm thinking of playing a Paladin playstyle with a 1h sword/mace, shield and restoration magic has any body tried this?
    I'm currently doing exactly that, I found it to be the perfect playstyle for my first time going for the Dawnguard side. I'm currently using the Dawnbreaker sword as well, which I feel fits this playstyle perfectly.

Get SkyRe so you won't feel stupid using heavy armor and your shield sees better use. Also it adds Longswords, which are just perfect for paladins. It also prevents you from ever, ever, sneaking.

I can't find a single perk reset mod that actually refunds your perks. All of them either just remove the perks entirely and don't allow you to reallocate them or simply don't work.

P.S. Wickedblade armor is freaking sexy.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-07 at 04:30 AM.

As Perath said, go get Dawnbreaker (sword) as soon as you can (just be careful), it has a chance of AoE damage when fighting undead. Also, try and get the Spellbreaker (shield), which has a built in spell ward when you block. Couple these with heavy armor and some restoration magic, and you have yourself on heck of a paladin. This was a fun character to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    As Perath said, go get Dawnbreaker (sword) as soon as you can (just be careful), it has a chance of AoE damage when fighting undead. Also, try and get the Spellbreaker (shield), which has a built in spell ward when you block. Couple these with heavy armor and some restoration magic, and you have yourself on heck of a paladin. This was a fun character to play.
    Shouldn't i get Dawnbreaker and Spellbreaker when i'm a bit higher in level so they'd have higher stats? also I play Skyrim on the PS3 unfortunately :/ should I wait till Dawnguard gets released or just go ahead and start building the character?
    Last edited by Palapwn; 2012-12-07 at 08:32 AM.

Shouldn't i get Dawnbreaker and Spellbreaker when i'm a bit higher in level so they'd have higher stats?
    Only items that get different stats at higher level are listed here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I can't find a single perk reset mod that actually refunds your perks. All of them either just remove the perks entirely and don't allow you to reallocate them or simply don't work.

Don´t worry in the Dragonborn-DLC there is a method to actually reset each skill-tree (e.g. Alchemy) as often as you want at the cost of 1 dragon soul each.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Try this on for size (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19944), it requires SKSE. I've used it before and it works.

Edit: Last time I used it, it removes all your perks and refunds all of your perk points.

Deleted
    One thing I realy dislike about Skyrim though, is the wonky difficulty. I started a game on master difficulty and a wolf pup 3 shot me, and normal wolves took like 10 hits to actualy kill. Now as I started doing some dungeons, I'm 3 shotting draugr's with the exact same gear.