Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I am a little further from the point where you kill a dragon and get your first shout. So far I really don't know what you guys find in this game. Action is almost absent, combat is clunky and poorly handled, physics is lame(you can climb a mountain on food or on horse). It's so lame that you can't move on stairs while trying to climb the highest mountain(can't remember the name) and voice acting is oh god...every nord has same voice . All I do, so far, is walking and walking and walking and walking. Should I keep playing because I really like combat but as far as I see there is a huge lack.
    Combat is only one part of the game. At its core Skyrim and the other TES games are about exploration and getting immersed in the world they create.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Combat is only one part of the game. At its core Skyrim and the other TES games are about exploration and getting immersed in the world they create.
    A better handled combat would be appreciated tho.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Think you are better off playing WoW trolling Trade Chat.
    It always amused me that a single post can hurt someone :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Download W.A.T.ER. It fixes the water bug and makes it look prettier at no FPS cost.
    Just follow the instruction in that link and you'll be good to go in minutes.
    Already did.. it didn't fix it completely but it sure is a lot better now. The ripples when I stand in shallow water are still bugged and just flash between 2 pictures but at least it's playable now and looks fine for the most part. Oh and all the FPS limiters don't work, I tried a few, still the same thing. Only way I can completely fix it is taking off the vertical sync. But whatever, I guess I can put up with the occasional buggy ripple. It's not like I spend most of the game threading through shallow water anyway.

Oh and by the way, I just love this game.. now. I bought it when it was released and it was kinda boring then. It looked nice and all but being killed by every ruffian at the start and then suddenly being like god with higher sneak, one shotting everything with a bow ruined it for me so I didn't even finish it then and didnt touch it for a year. Now I've modded the heck out of it, slowed down leveling (combat skills add more, non-combat add very little for level exp), use food, water etc. needs mod, so I cant just wait around and get infinite gold from sitting in alchemy shop and making pots. and a number of other mods and it's just so much fun now.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2012-12-15 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Already did.. it didn't fix it completely but it sure is a lot better now. The ripples when I stand in shallow water are still bugged and just flash between 2 pictures but at least it's playable now and looks fine for the most part. Oh and all the FPS limiters don't work, I tried a few, still the same thing. Only way I can completely fix it is taking off the vertical sync. But whatever, I guess I can put up with the occasional buggy ripple. It's not like I spend most of the game threading through shallow water anyway.

Oh and by the way, I just love this game.. now. I bought it when it was released and it was kinda boring then. It looked nice and all but being killed by every ruffian at the start and then suddenly being like god with higher sneak, one shotting everything with a bow ruined it for me so I didn't even finish it then and didnt touch it for a year. Now I've modded the heck out of it, slowed down leveling (combat skills add more, non-combat add very little for level exp), use food, water etc. needs mod, so I cant just wait around and get infinite gold from sitting in alchemy shop and making pots. and a number of other mods and it's just so much fun now.
    Do you use SLI (2x Graphic cards)by any chance? That flickering/Flash sounds very familiar, and are more or less exclusive to SLI machines.

I never stop being amazed by how well Skyrim is optimized. My PC has pretty good specs all around...except the video card. A silly nvidia 240gts that can barely run Deus Ex: Human Revolution on medium and can't even run WoW on high settings. And then I go and run Skyrim on high settings with a flipping ENB at 60 fps. It's mind boggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Do you use SLI (2x Graphic cards)by any chance? That flickering/Flash sounds very familiar, and are more or less exclusive to SLI machines.
    Yea, I do, 2 GTX 680s. Anything I can do to fix it? And I'd rather not disable SLI cause Im using HD textures mods so it wouldn't run very well without it.

Deleted
    Yea, I do, 2 GTX 680s. Anything I can do to fix it? And I'd rather not disable SLI cause Im using HD textures mods so it wouldn't run very well without it.
    enable stereoscopic 3D in the Nvidia control panel. Start the game and then hide stereoscopic 3D effects in the same control panel or by pressing *Ctrl+T*. Doesn't matter if you can use 3D or not, it still works

Edit: Just remembered, you actually don't have to download the 3D vision anymore! It's included in your GPU's drivers.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-15 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Edited out unnecessary information and added even more unnecessary information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyoen knows if ACE combat module and Duel- Combat Realism play well together? ACE looks really interesting, and modular enough, but I'm not sure if there's a conflict. Their readmes made no mention.

EDIT: Found a compatibility patch.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-12-15 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    enable stereoscopic 3D in the Nvidia control panel. Start the game and then hide stereoscopic 3D effects in the same control panel or by pressing *Ctrl+T*. Doesn't matter if you can use 3D or not, it still works

Edit: Just remembered, you actually don't have to download the 3D vision anymore! It's included in your GPU's drivers.
    Thanks, Ill give it a shot.

Hey guys, I just bought this game for the PC last week and I have a couple of questions.

First off, I'm playing as a wood elf archer. I'm level 15. I can usually kill weak things before they get to me, like the skeleton warriors. However, if I'm running around and something like a saber cat sneaks up on me, I always die. A better example would be when I was trying to collect bear pelts for a quest. I would see a bear in the distance, go into sneak mode, and fire off a few arrows. When the bear would inevitably get to me (dispite trying to dodge/avoid it) it would maul me and take 1/3 of my health away in 1 hit. I would try to alt run away, but when my stamina depleted it would catch up to me and kill me. Killing a stupid bear sometimes took 5 minutes of dying and trying again. I've spent my perks in archery, light armor, and sneak. Does anyone here have experience playing as an archer? Is something like this typical?

The other question I have is related to the expansions. I saw on Steam that there's 3 of them, but are they worth buying at my level? Are they similar to WoW's expansions? The bonus things they offer (like the vampire story mode) make no sense to me.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Hey guys, I just bought this game for the PC last week and I have a couple of questions.

First off, I'm playing as a wood elf archer. I'm level 15. I can usually kill weak things before they get to me, like the skeleton warriors. However, if I'm running around and something like a saber cat sneaks up on me, I always die. A better example would be when I was trying to collect bear pelts for a quest. I would see a bear in the distance, go into sneak mode, and fire off a few arrows. When the bear would inevitably get to me (dispite trying to dodge/avoid it) it would maul me and take 1/3 of my health away in 1 hit. I would try to alt run away, but when my stamina depleted it would catch up to me and kill me. Killing a stupid bear sometimes took 5 minutes of dying and trying again. I've spent my perks in archery, light armor, and sneak. Does anyone here have experience playing as an archer? Is something like this typical?

The other question I have is related to the expansions. I saw on Steam that there's 3 of them, but are they worth buying at my level? Are they similar to WoW's expansions? The bonus things they offer (like the vampire story mode) make no sense to me.
    Well, the first of them is a free high-texture pack they released as a gift for the PC gamers. I can't comment on Dawnguard, because I have yet to actually make a playthrough with it. Hearthfire is pretty much a waste of your money, though. There's a mod that does the exact same thing (not sure if it allows adoption) for free.

About the archery thing, you might want to get a companion. There's a pretty okay one in Riverwood (Sven or Faendal). Besides that, you really should be able to kill a bear at level 15. You might want to upgrade your equipment and/or weapon(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted

It actually did work Well, after a lot of messing around with it, had to get a framerate limiter and I think it also removed water reflections, although Im not 100% sure. Maybe theyre just hard to see with the water mod. Another fun thing this fixed was the lights in the dark. They used to do nothing but now when you get close to one and look away, your eyes need to adjust for a bit. I didn't even remember that feature.

Deleted
    It actually did work Well, after a lot of messing around with it, had to get a framerate limiter and I think it also removed water reflections, although Im not 100% sure. Maybe theyre just hard to see with the water mod. Another fun thing this fixed was the lights in the dark. They used to do nothing but now when you get close to one and look away, your eyes need to adjust for a bit. I didn't even remember that feature.
    Cool! Glad I could help

Deleted

Im playing as a sneak archer as well because Im always drawn to the rogueish characters in games like that and also doing the dead is dead thing (cant die or I have to start over:P) and the problem is with Skyrims leveling system. You level way too fast till 30ish and then become overpowered. This exact thing caused me to quit the game before. So you're a complete pushover at first and cant even kill the weakest opponents, then suddenly sneak under their face and stab them and they cant even find you..

What fixed it for me is downloading the Elys uncapper mod, I left the level caps 100 but this mod also allowed me to change how much exp skills give and how hard it was to get them. So I tuned down all the non combat skills (speechcraft, lockpicking etc) so they only give 10% of the original exp which makes sense since they dont really help you to fight or avoid fights and leveling these skills dont level me up much any more. I left all the armor skills and purely defensive skills alone and tuned up the combat skill exp to compensate so I wouldnt miss out on the perks.

It's working perfectly so far. Enemies don't get too strong. I'm only level 14 now but with 50 archery, 30 sneak etc. (I also tuned down leveling speed to 10%, because I dont want to be 100 in most skills after only finishing a few main quest lines like last time, no more leveling makes it boring:P) but the enemies I face are just perfect.. challenging but don't 1 hit me or anything. I also play at master difficulty, so hopefully it doesn't become too easy again at higher levels.

Could you guys please name the top, most used fps-hitting mods? I'll be away from home for the rest of the month, and went to my cousin's house to play skyrim. My cousin had no mods, so I intalled an ENB for him to show him what he was missing. I was surprised ENB didn't hit his framerate at all, and now I'm wondering what are the mods that are hitting MY Skyrim, but I can't check!

I can't stress enough how the agony is KILLING ME.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-12-16 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Could you guys please name the top, most used fps-hitting mods? I'll be away from home for the rest of the month, and went to my cousin's house to play skyrim. My cousin had no mods, so I intalled an ENB for him to show him what he was missing. I was surprised ENB didn't hit his framerate at all, and now I'm wondering what are the mods that are hitting MY Skyrim, but I can't check!

I can't stress enough how the agony is KILLING ME.
    Mods that Improved LOD's (Any of them really) <--LOD= How detailed stuff is in the far distance
    Mods that add a lot of extra clutter (Grass,Stones,Trees etc)
    Mods that improve the texture resolution on objects/actors.
    Mods that add dynamic features to otherwise static objects (Dynamic Snow,Better ripples etc)

These are the type of mods that cost most CPU/GPU power and most likely the type that's causing you problems.
    If you could name any mods you have that fits one of these categories or at least explain them, I'll most likely be able to help you a bit better.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-16 at 12:58 AM.

For anyone wondering, I was on master setting :/

10+ Year Old Account
    When I started a stealth character on Master I found it nigh impossible to beat some of the more difficult mobs. Ice trolls in particular. Those just tear you to pieces and take a ton of damage if you don't have a flame enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    There's a mod that does the exact same thing (not sure if it allows adoption) for free.
    No it doesn't.

People need to stop saying this until they have actually tried Hearthfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No it doesn't.

People need to stop saying this until they have actually tried Hearthfire.
    If I want a player house, I'd choose official Hearthfire over a mod.