10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Maybe it's blur or fog you're missing? The indoor images look great but outdoor ones, at least coming from my game look a little sharp and triangly (its a word!)
    Hm, can you elaborate further? It's the outdoor ones that looks nice, but I feel like something is off. Don't know what. It's not really realistic though, I admit. A place as cold as skyrim shouldn't have such colors. But eh.

And, would you like my ini settings? You can copy my settings and then tweak from there maybe, if you want to spend another 8 hours. lol. I use climates of tamriel, feels a lot more natural like RL and most importantly, no more overly yellow glare from fires.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Hm, can you elaborate further? It's the outdoor ones that looks nice, but I feel like something is off. Don't know what. It's not really realistic though, I admit. A place as cold as skyrim shouldn't have such colors. But eh.

And, would you like my ini settings? You can copy my settings and then tweak from there maybe, if you want to spend another 8 hours. lol. I use climates of tamriel, feels a lot more natural like RL and most importantly, no more overly yellow glare from fires.
    Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I have no idea what most of those settings do. I only touched a few obvious ones like brightness and got the rest from other ENB mods as well as some of the files from them (trial and error pretty much). But I admit it does look fairly realistic now with a slight rubbery look.

There are just a few things I'm not happy with, one being rain sound and no rain sometimes (Im also using climates of tamriel) and the other is that fires at night really dont produce much of a glow. It's probably possible to increase the glow radius somehow but I have no idea what to change..

Deleted
    Snip
    It's quite hard to increase the overall luminosity of lights without messing with every other light source(The sun/moon/reflections etc) in the game.
    The only proper way to do it is to mod each and every candle/torch and fireplace in the game through the creation kit, which is time consuming and annoying.

So someone else did it for us: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17605

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    o someone else did it for us: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17605
    Great! Thanks, I'll give it a go. It probably don't affect torches though.

So, i've recently started playing Skyrim again on the xbox 360, and, i'm doing rather well at the moment, i'm a level 16 Orc (i'd say warrior but, meh) with Spellbreaker shield and Mace of Molag Bal. I'm just wondering if there are any other great weapons or pieces of armor to go for around my level? (other than the Daedric armor from BS, which i am working towards.)

Also, are there any great and relatively easy ways to make gold early on in the game, as currently, the only way im finding myself able to gain a decent amount of gold is to mine out the Orc Mine (forget the name) and sell all the Ebony Ore to the Orc outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I know what you mean. I endedup not being entirely happy with my previous attempts (I'm a perfectionist ) so I tweaked some more today. Trying to go for a 'warm colors' look like Naidia's. Now I can't decide if I like my previous attempt better or keep this one.

Album! http://imgur.com/a/qI6tf#9

Something still feels not right though, can't really put my finger on what. Bloom? Color?

Nebula sky mod? I like it. That's what I'm rockin to. After a couple hours on my modest pc I managed to get something decent looking out of it.

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7fe877ec.png
    http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psa4db48d1.png
    http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9a1320b1.png

I need more video memory to be honest but I love fucking around with this shit man. I wish more games let you screw around with them like this. It's a shame the industry is moving away from this.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-04 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd night of not playing skyrim, only tweaking. I decided I hate blooms after all. And now my stuffs is kinda dark (like the cloudy-on-a-clear-sunny-sky type). Almost no documentation online on what each setting does though, so annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this mod, The Wilds ENB... Does it require a decent Graphics card?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    So someone else did it for us: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17605
    That is an awesome find! Installing this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    So this mod, The Wilds ENB... Does it require a decent Graphics card?
    It depends how you tweak the settings. I posted some screen shots earlier and it looks decent and I'm only running a 6850. Vram is important though. The more the better really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    That is an awesome find! Installing this tonight.
    Yea, it is. Unfortunately it doesn't work with torches and other lights.. but then again they're kinda buggy anyway. Like candlelight spell. It barely illuminates a few feet in front of you in 1st person but go into 3rd person and it lights up the whole place, including sky. It's probably not a problem with vanilla lights but kind of ruins it when using darker nights mods.

Well I use Climates with a slightly modified Climates ENB, so the nights are darker, but not the pitch black that some people like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Well I use Climates with a slightly modified Climates ENB, so the nights are darker, but not the pitch black that some people like.
    any screen shots? and what modifications did you make?

Deleted
    Does anyone else have problems with climates default ENB? It looks great when changing things around a bit but the shadows are really deep and dark. I actually like it but unfortunately it really ruins some towns and more shaded areas.

Alternative is there any setting I could change to make shadows deeper and darker on other ENBs?

Does anyone else have problems with climates default ENB? It looks great when changing things around a bit but the shadows are really deep and dark. I actually like it but unfortunately it really ruins some towns and more shaded areas.

Alternative is there any setting I could change to make shadows deeper and darker on other ENBs?
    I had this issue with version 119 of ENB, but when I went back to the previous version, 113, everything worked great. Sadly, the previous version didn't have the awesome godrays.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    any screen shots? and what modifications did you make?
    No screenshots atm, but I just tweaked the day/night numbers a bit in the ini. Originally did this because ENBv119 with Climates made the shaded areas pitch black, which looked really bad when in cities, like Lizbeth said. Something was either lit, or pitch black. When I went back to ENBv113 I never reverted my changes and ended up liking the outcome.

Deleted
    I have one question for those who have finished the main quest.

I know the blades ask you to kill Paarthurnax which I don't want to do but it would leave an unfinished quest in the journal as well as locking me out from interacting with the blades. But I've read this quest will go away on it's own after finishing the main questline and you can talk to blades again and get their services, is that true? I'm asking it because there's a mod that makes this quest go away but I'd rather not get it if there's an "official" way to deal with it.

Deleted

I know the blades ask you to kill Paarthurnax which I don't want to do but it would leave an unfinished quest in the journal as well as locking me out from interacting with the blades. But I've read this quest will go away on it's own after finishing the main questline and you can talk to blades again and get their services, is that true? I'm asking it because there's a mod that makes this quest go away but I'd rather not get it if there's an "official" way to deal with it.
    The mod shouldn't interfere with the main quest chain. Unless of course the mods intends to. In that case that information should be included in the description on the mod page. Either way, there are console commands that you can use to change your progress on quests so you wont lock yourself in.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/C...mands_(Skyrim)

Just go under the "Quest commands" tab and you get all the info you need

If it's the mod I think it is, grab it.

Putting Delphine in her place was awesome, even if her responses aren't voiced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If it's the mod I think it is, grab it.

Putting Delphine in her place was awesome, even if her responses aren't voiced.
    Yea, it is:P

I'm just a bit obsessed with whats canon and normally don't use any mods that alter lore or add not lore friendly weapons, armor, NPCs etc. So if it actually goes away on it's own and the blades return to talking to you and give the usual benefits, quests etc. it would be the best.

That said, putting Delphine in her place is not exactly against the lore. I wouldn't get a mod that teaches the dark brotherhood to love for example but aren't the blades supposed to serve the dragonborn, not visa versa? It doesnt make sense that they just tell you to get out and not come back until the job is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just a bit obsessed with whats canon and normally don't use any mods that alter lore or add not lore friendly weapons, armor, NPCs etc.
    That reminds me of a question I have. I've been wondering about the "lore-ity" (this is now a word) of armors like Ebony, Glass, Daedric etc. I almost never see anyone wear them. How would I know how to craft them? Wikia doesn't have any lore-related info about these pieces.

I ask because I like to have a reason to put perk into their smithing, not just "Oh, here, you're level 20, suddenly you know how to craft Orcish armor." For Dwarven, I plan to only put point into it once I visit Markath, where I learnt how to craft dwarven armor. Orcish armor, only once I am friendly with an orcish stronghold (I remember being able to interact with orcs, but I don't remember how).

Where is ebony and glass from? And do elves other than high elves wear elven armor?