Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is it compatible with Skyre and not overpowered? It looks nice actually..
    Recommended by t3nd0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone hides their helmet? Always think it is odd that I spend an hour making a face that I like, and then have to wear helmet throughout the whole game. I would just not wear helmets for roleplay, but the performance-caring part of me winces at the loss of armor + the matching set perk in light and heavy.

Couple of mod hides them, but hides every NPC helmet too. Looks equally silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Anyone hides their helmet? Always think it is odd that I spend an hour making a face that I like, and then have to wear helmet throughout the whole game. I would just not wear helmets for roleplay, but the performance-caring part of me winces at the loss of armor + the matching set perk in light and heavy.

Craftable invisible helmets.

It's the closest we'll get. Personally, I just use Skyjubs. I don't mind helmetless guards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Craftable invisible helmets.

It's the closest we'll get. Personally, I just use Skyjubs. I don't mind helmetless guards.
    Huh, that probably solves it for me, many thanks! I used Skyjubs for awhile, but hoodless mages.... O.o (have you seen Anise with that mod? omg) All my guards have the same face too, so it's like an army of guard clones.

Come to think of it, it isn't that much different from them all wearing the exact same helmet...

Deleted

I usually wear a hood or a circlet but there are plenty of open face helmets to choose from too. I've never touched heavy armor though so I see how that can be a problem. Besides, matching set isn't worth it anyway. Even dwarven armor can cap you with the right perks and good smithing skill, not to mention ebony, glass, dragonhide etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually wear a hood or a circlet but there are plenty of open face helmets to choose from too. I've never touched heavy armor though so I see how that can be a problem. Besides, matching set isn't worth it anyway. Even dwarven armor can cap you with the right perks and good smithing skill, not to mention ebony, glass, dragonhide etc.
    Most helmets look stupid. I'm tempted to try the invisible helm mod, but I really want to avoid adding more mods. All my mods are now strictly immersion and visual based (plus a few what I consider essential gameplay improvements) and I'm close to 60 mods now. >.< Maybe I'll play around with no helmet and see if I can live with less armor. One less perk to take anyway.

As an aside, did you know there are ants in Skyrim??
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-10 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Yea.. one of the first things I saw in Skyrim actually:P After the escape from Helgen, Ralof takes you behind the mill and has a chat with the relatives and there are ants on the stump there:P Oh and you could also try this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13298 for the helmet problem. It should equip the helmet when you draw a weapon and unequip it when you sheathe it.

But yea, I know what you mean by too many mods.. something broke my Riften guards and I have no idea what it is. They just say "wait, I know you" (I got a small bounty for getting caught stealing their arrows:P) but there is no way to pay off the bounty. I can make them approach me by committing more crimes and get all the right dialogue options but when I pick the "im with the guild (x gold)" one, it just gives me the "too rich for my blood", even though I have more than enough money. Oh I can just walk away from them, the just give the "youll pay with your blood" line, sheathe their weapons and ignore me:P

I've got UFO (the follower mod), new version of SKSE (for SkyUI), Apocalypse spellpack and I guess that's it. Tried disabling them except the spells too, didn't change anything.

Deleted
    wow... I missed that, good you pointed it out. I like these small details.

This reminded me of a funny story though, I was on some peak and saw a bird nest, and there was something blocky and white in it, so went to see what it is, and it was moving, but I couldn't take it or move it or something. So I jumped on it... and it flew away with me on it. It was a bird. It looked like some sort of cube in the nest though and it confused me. And I flew on it for like 5 seconds, then slid off to my death.

And this story has no connection to ants! But thought it was worth mentioning since it was a case where I didn't expect something, for I didn't expect birds to actually go to their nests.

Deleted
    Have you guys ever noticed that if you glitch out of the map there are 2 locations outside of Skyrim that can be seen there? First is the Red Mountain and second is the White Gold Tower.

The White Gold Tower can also be seen from the Throat of the World. That means that those 2 locations are already included into the main game and could be easily used for DLCs.

The Red Mountain from the original game was used for the Dragonborn DLC because it was visible on Solstheim. (The Volcano in the back of the below picture)

If you follow that logic then it is pretty sure that there will be a DLC including the White Gold Tower. Maybe a DLC that lets you choose a new High King and then head out to the Imperial city. This could very well be the last DLC because I am pretty sure that the Dovakhiin has the biggest claim on the Emperor´s throne as technically he is a descendant to the Septim bloodline (not sure). One thing is for sure: The dragon fires can only be ignited when a Dragonborn is sitting on the Emperor´s throne (the destroyed Amulet of the Kings could be recreated or given back to the Dovakhiin by Akatosh).

Akatosh is the only deity that has no quest related to him so maybe he will help us gain the throne and reignite the dragon fires?

This is the view from the Throat of the World (the Tower is in the distance). This of course is only speculation but it would be an excellent way to continue the scheme that every hero of the past TES games ascended to something big after the game (Nerevarine went to Akhaviir, Oblivion hero became the new Sheogorath, Dovakhiin could be the new emperor)
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-11 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    I would totally go for Imperial City DLC, even if it was just the small island and becoming the emperor would certainly fit. The current one is some token emperor who doesn't matter all that much, besides, you get to assassinate him and there is no word about a new one as far as I know. I'd rather become immortal though.. emperor doesnt seem like much compared to becoming a god and well.. whatever the Morrowind player became:P

But a large city DLC would fit perfectly for numerous reasons. Skyrim doesn't really have one or even really large buildings. It's mostly small villages and huts. I'm also fairly sure all Skyrim towns are smaller than the ones in Cyrodiil or maybe they just felt bigger there. Then, there would be the arena, Synod, Arcane university... I'd also like to visit the docks district again and see if my small hut is still there:P

Deleted
    I would totally go for Imperial City DLC, even if it was just the small island and becoming the emperor would certainly fit. The current one is some token emperor who doesn't matter all that much, besides, you get to assassinate him and there is no word about a new one as far as I know. I'd rather become immortal though.. emperor doesnt seem like much compared to becoming a god and well.. whatever the Morrowind player became:P

But a large city DLC would fit perfectly for numerous reasons. Skyrim doesn't really have one or even really large buildings. It's mostly small villages and huts. I'm also fairly sure all Skyrim towns are smaller than the ones in Cyrodiil or maybe they just felt bigger there. Then, there would be the arena, Synod, Arcane university... I'd also like to visit the docks district again and see if my small hut is still there:P
    You know currently if you kill the Emperor during the DB questline and then do the civil war questline no one will be crowned High King/Queen of Skyrim (Ulfric refuses and Elisif is not able because of the dead emperor).

I would totally go for a DLC that starts out with some sort of jarl council that you as the big and mighty Dovakhiin attend. You can then choose a High King from the Jarl or maybe only Elisif/Ulfric. After you did that Akatosh contacts you much like he contacted Alessia (the first queen of Tamriel) and gave her the Amulet of Kings.

So Akatosh tells you that there is a way to recreate the destroyed Amulet and the Dovakhiin would be able to start a new line of Dragonborn emperors much like Talos did. You then do some tasks for Akatosh, maybe assemble some pieces of the Amulet and so on.

Finally Akatosh infuses this recreated Amulet with his breath like he infused the original Amulet of the Kings for Alessia. You will then be able to ignite the Dragon fires and be crowned the new Emperor of Tamriel.

That stupid excuse of an Emperor dynasty (Mede) should be ended once and for all.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-11 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting if they could work in some racial tensions if you're playing a non-human Dovakhiin. I can't imagine the Imperials being too happy if you're an Khajiit or an Altmer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Would be interesting if they could work in some racial tensions if you're playing a non-human Dovakhiin. I can't imagine the Imperials being too happy if you're an Khajiit or an Altmer.
    It would be kinda silly to have an Altmer as Emperor that´s true. However if you look at the current game then it would definately work.

You are the Dovakhiin and thus are a rightful heir to the throne because of your Dragonblood. The Imperials know that only a Dragonborn can truly rule the Empire so they prolly would not have much choice.

That would of course just be for gameplay purposes. The canon Dovakhiin is a male Nord and so they could easily say that the Emperor is a Nord too, only you as a player become Emperor as a Altmer.

Kinda silly if you think about it to play as an Altmer Dragonborn in Skyrim. Joining the Stormcloaks who hate Elves? Joining the Imperials? They both hate Elves yet you can join them as Elf.

So it would not be much weirder to be crowned Emperor as Altmer

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    You know currently if you kill the Emperor during the DB questline and then do the civil war questline no one will be crowned High King/Queen of Skyrim (Ulfric refuses and Elisif is not able because of the dead emperor).

I would totally go for a DLC that starts out with some sort of jarl council that you as the big and mighty Dovakhiin attend. You can then choose a High King from the Jarl or maybe only Elisif/Ulfric. After you did that Akatosh contacts you much like he contacted Alessia (the first queen of Tamriel) and gave her the Amulet of Kings.

So Akatosh tells you that there is a way to recreate the destroyed Amulet and the Dovakhiin would be able to start a new line of Dragonborn emperors much like Talos did. You then do some tasks for Akatosh, maybe assemble some pieces of the Amulet and so on.

Finally Akatosh infuses this recreated Amulet with his breath like he infused the original Amulet of the Kings for Alessia. You will then be able to ignite the Dragon fires and be crowned the new Emperor of Tamriel.

That stupid excuse of an Emperor dynasty (Mede) should be ended once and for all.
    That would be pretty sweet I think but it really is just bringing out a new dynasty. To be honest I would rather see the empire and cyrodil leaderless UNTIL someone deals with the aldmeri and the thalmor. Having akatosh grant you the blessing of being a king is neat and all but the real reason Talos became the emperor was that he kicked mer ass. If the Dovakhin is going to be emperor the aldmeri will have to be dealt with first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Nothing wrong with altmer as emperor. If you're referring to the Thalmor, it's a faction. Not all altmer are with them or even support them and there are some in leading positions already. Besides, altmer have already run the empire. After the end of Oblivion main quest, Ocato, who was an altmer was left in charge. True, he wasn't crowned an emperor but still.

But yea, I couldn't see a kahjiit or argonian as emperor:P

Nothing wrong with altmer as emperor. If you're referring to the Thalmor, it's a faction. Not all altmer are with them or even support them and there are some in leading positions already. Besides, altmer have already run the empire. After the end of Oblivion main quest, Ocato, who was an altmer was left in charge. True, he wasn't crowned an emperor but still.

But yea, I couldn't see a kahjiit or argonian as emperor:P
    A large segment of Nord society would probably never accept that. In fact it's debatable how many of the warrior cultures (nord, redguard) would accept a khajiit or argonian on the throne. The Khajiits have a bad rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That would be pretty sweet I think but it really is just bringing out a new dynasty. To be honest I would rather see the empire and cyrodil leaderless UNTIL someone deals with the aldmeri and the thalmor. Having akatosh grant you the blessing of being a king is neat and all but the real reason Talos became the emperor was that he kicked mer ass. If the Dovakhin is going to be emperor the aldmeri will have to be dealt with first.
    Maybe no new Dynasty is needed tho´. Let´s imagine that it turns out that the Dragonborn is a Septim? Maybe his Mother/Father was some unknown offspring of Martin Septim?

That would then mean that the Dovakhiin claims the throne and the Septim dynasty continues.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-11 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Oh and by the way, I really really recommend getting SkyTEST, unless you have a slow PC. That mod is amazing!! At first I wasnt sure Id even want something like that. It just seemed kinda.. meh judging by the description. More animals and they fight each other? I was sold after seeing a dog with her puppies and huge wolf packs running around the plains. It was even funny when I saw a deer herd and when I approached, they all ran away but a male one decided that I wasn't much of a challenge and attack me. It's actually really good, wish I'd have got it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Maybe no new Dynasty is needed tho´. Let´s imagine that it turns out that the Dragonborn is a Septim? Maybe his Parents where some unknown offsprings of the Septims?

That would then mean that the Dovakhiin claims the throne and the Septim dynasty continues.
    That would be neat to but it still doesn't deal with the thalmor. They're even less likely to accept the continuation of the septim dynasty. They banned the worship of Talos. My suspicion is that another Nord coming from the north, wielding a thum and revitalizing the empire would probably not sit well with them. Their would either be a war before or they would go to war over it.

What I would like to see (and this would be in elder scroll 6) would be an entire game in summerset isle where the main character overthrows the thalmor from within summerset isle.

What are some good mods? I just got Skyrim for the PC and I'd like some that you guys think are "required." Anything that improves performance or makes it look prettier would be nice too.