Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I think I read somewhere that "Nordic legend" holds that Kynareth guided Paarthurnax to give the power of the Thu'um to people , but I did not see any mention of that in the main questline.
    Actually the graybeards do say it:P But the amulets and altars dont really show any power. The amulets are just rather weak enchanted items and the altars well.. the effects other than cure disease are pretty minor. Could be just wishful thinking and placebo effect or for game play purposes. As for cure disease, I don't think it's canon. I've read plenty of ingame books and there is no mention of it anywhere, a lot people just die of disease there or get cured my restoration mages.. plus if you run into that hunter who claims to be bitten by a vampire and asks for a potion, they also want to find a priest instead of just praying at some altar. I guess the altars cure if for game play reasons, so you wouldnt have to run around looking for an alchemy shop that sells the potions or feel forced to level alchemy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I had to choose Vampiric Thirst over Warzones: Civil Unrest.
    Oh oh! I have a question about that mod if you've used it. How immersive and role friendly is it? I decided not to install it for now for several reason and I plan to do civil war in the end anyway if at all. The biggest issue I had with it (judging from description) was the mount arena or whatever it was called where you can arrange battles and something called god of war which is something I'm not too happy about. Also another problem is huge battles leaving tons of loot, it's no problem if it's just iron, steel and the usual hide, fur and stormcloak or imperial junk but if its elven, glass and high quality weapons and bows then it would just make all the expensive this and that mods meaningless..

I'm at 123 mods myself. Well, 123 plugins according to NMM. Some mods probably use multiple plugins. Anyway I run 60-70 fps, unless I'm roaming the open world map. I can dip to the 30s depending on the area (stupid misty marshes). It's annoying but if you manually (as in, without relying on BOSS) sort your load order you can avoid a lot of performance loss/compatibility issues. You also have to carefully watch what you install for conflicts. It makes for some tough decisions...I had to choose Vampiric Thirst over Warzones: Civil Unrest.
    Wish I had a PC where I could complain about only getting 30 FPS. :P How big of a difference is it? I know the CoD franchise is always built to run at 60, but I haven't had the chance to compare 60 fps to 30 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Oh oh! I have a question about that mod if you've used it. How immersive and role friendly is it? I decided not to install it for now for several reason and I plan to do civil war in the end anyway if at all. The biggest issue I had with it (judging from description) was the mount arena or whatever it was called where you can arrange battles and something called god of war which is something I'm not too happy about. Also another problem is huge battles leaving tons of loot, it's no problem if it's just iron, steel and the usual hide, fur and stormcloak or imperial junk but if its elven, glass and high quality weapons and bows then it would just make all the expensive this and that mods meaningless..
    It's...hard to say. I always used Warzones because it really makes the world feel more alive. Instead of encountering a few wolves, a random traveler or a rabbit while you make your way to a dungeon you get greeted frequently by huge Imperial vs Stormcloak warzones, or vs bandits. As the modder mentions, too, for the most part they are lore friendly locations (like a skirmish at a Stormcloak camp). Honestly I didn't even remember about the God of War or arena-testing ground place until you mentioned it so I imagine they won't bother you much (although I HATE getting my spellbook cluttered with all these mod config spells).
    As for loot...yeah, I agree that it's a problem. They only wear typical iron/leather faction-based gear, and carry maybe some gold and lockpicks or potions, but with so many dead bodies it adds up. I wonder if the modder could prevent looting those corpses, or maybe make the winning faction become hostile to you if you start to loot corpses of their allies. As it stands you can go to the conclusion of a skirmish and loot hundreds of gold worth of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan
    Wish I had a PC where I could complain about only getting 30 FPS. :P How big of a difference is it? I know the CoD franchise is always built to run at 60, but I haven't had the chance to compare 60 fps to 30 fps.
    The difference between 30 and 60 is minimal imo. Anything above 60 I doubt anyone could tell the difference between. I could definitely play with a constant 30 fps. But when I dip from 60 to 30...well, obviously it isn't going to be a smooth drop. I get definite spikes that smooth themselves out as they settle on a new framerate. Super annoying.
    Last edited by aikoyamamato; 2013-01-17 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The difference is subjective.

Some say they see no difference, while others can easily feel the difference. I tend to belong to the later, 30 vs 60 FPS is a big difference for me.

Example http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

although I HATE getting my spellbook cluttered with all these mod config spells
    Thanks, I guess it's not for me then Im using SkyTEST now though (the animal mod) so the world doesnt really feel that empty. Wish I could just make the civil war fort defenders and invaders a bit more numerous during those quests. By the way that quoted part.. I always remove those spells after I've done configuring the mods with console commands:P

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The difference is subjective.

Some say they see no difference, while others can easily feel the difference. I tend to belong to the later, 30 vs 60 FPS is a big difference for me.

Example http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
    Ah, I can see the difference between 30 and 60. Understand why somebody that is used to getting 60 out of their machine would be less satisfied with 30.

Here's a peek at one of the places I'm working on in the Creation Kit. They're darker ingame, just upped the brightness on the pics afterwards so you can see things easier.

Lazy, that's looking great. Looking forward to trying it out.

I personally don't like places that are TOO dark because then I start using my Khajiit night eye racial too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Every time I make a character to play through it ends up being a sneaky one with archery max. I'm determined to not touch either tree this play through. Going to try a barbarian warrior type with a 2-H weapon and light armor.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/01/18/t...dawnguard-too/

Dragonborn February 5th.

And the other DLCs for the PS3 later in the month too.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Dragonborn February 5th.

Yup! Totally excited for it! As a PS3 player it's like a whole new game for $22.50

BTW - you forgot to mention that all three DLCs for PS3 will be 50% off their first week of release. First to be released is Dragonborn, then Hearthfire and Dawnguard sometime after that.

I honestly didn't expect to see HF and DG at all via their wording of the DB for PS3 announcement... but here they come a few weeks AFTER Dragonborn! I'm so glad I stockpiled all those iron ingots now for Hearthfire! :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Dragonborn February 5th.

Awesome! By the way, next DLC should be called Redguard and take us to Hammerfell. And no, Im not going to post any links to confirm it, just google "skyrim redguard dlc":P It's not 100% official yet but more like 9 out of 10. It's either that or a entirely new game called "redguard" which is doubtful.

Awesome! By the way, next DLC should be called Redguard and take us to Hammerfell. And no, Im not going to post any links to confirm it, just google "skyrim redguard dlc":P It's not 100% official yet but more like 9 out of 10. It's either that or a entirely new game called "redguard" which is doubtful.
    I'm seriously doubting that rumor...

All it is was the press taking an old trademark of Bethesda (one that was made BEFORE Skyrim even launched) and inventing a rumor around it - JUST to keep some Skyrim news spin going in a drought of any Video Game news.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Well if it's in Hammerfell I hope that means we join them in fighting the Thalmor!
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I honestly didn't expect to see HF and DG at all via their wording of the DB for PS3 announcement... but here they come a few weeks AFTER Dragonborn! I'm so glad I stockpiled all those iron ingots now for Hearthfire! :P
    Hearthfire is ok but it's not that great to be honest. I don't regret buying it though, just wish they added more options and building styles.. or at least a fence and a few guards to keep all the bears and dragons off and keep them from killing my horses and other animals.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Isn't "Redguard" an old TES game for ehhh some other console?

Found it; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eld...ures:_Redguard
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-01-18 at 06:18 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm seriously doubting that rumor...

All it is was the press taking an old trademark of Bethesda (one that was made BEFORE Skyrim even launched) and inventing a rumor around it - JUST to keep some Skyrim news spin going in a drought of any Video Game news.
    I sort of believe it. It comes from the same people who predicted Dawnguard and Dragonborn correctly, they also reserved the brandname recently like prior to other DLCs, then there's the road that leads to Hammerfell near Riften and a lot of other things.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I sort of believe it. It comes from the same people who predicted Dawnguard and Dragonborn correctly, they also reserved the brandname recently like prior to other DLCs, then there's the road that leads to Hammerfell near Riften and a lot of other things.
    Well if it really is this "Redguard" DLC, then finally - a DLC which actually seems important, and not just silly vampires or other silly dragonborn - back to the main story thank you!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well if it really is this "Redguard" DLC, then finally - a DLC which actually seems important, and not just silly vampires or other silly dragonborn - back to the main story thank you!
    Well, the main story is killing Alduin and it's over already, the rest are all side stories or long term thing. Civil war and the Thalmor have really nothing to do with the Dragonborn unless they reveal something we dont know yet.

No they did not... no one set of "people" predicted those. EVERYBODY predicted Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn correctly because all three were trademarked shortly after Skyrim's release.

PS. Riften's road leads to Morrowind, not Hammerfell. The road to Hammerfell you're looking for is actually by Falkreath. :P

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls...elWorldMap.jpg

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ...one would argue the whole point of the story is the Dragonborn. :P