10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is a mix of Bethesda's buggy code and the PS3's convoluted architecture. Skyrim is buggy on the 360 and PC, I don't think anybody can deny that, and inserting Dragonborn doesn't help for stability. For the PS3, that instability is exacerbated, so Bethesda has to work harder to get around that. If you want to lay the blame entirely at their feet you need to know how prepared they were to fix that issue. I think 50% off for a week is a fine level of recompense for taking so long, but I wouldn't expect them to eat a permanent 50% off for the work they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The problem is a mix of Bethesda's buggy code and the PS3's convoluted architecture. Skyrim is buggy on the 360 and PC, I don't think anybody can deny that, and inserting Dragonborn doesn't help for stability. For the PS3, that instability is exacerbated, so Bethesda has to work harder to get around that. If you want to lay the blame entirely at their feet you need to know how prepared they were to fix that issue. I think 50% off for a week is a fine level of recompense for taking so long, but I wouldn't expect them to eat a permanent 50% off for the work they did.
    I'm not complaining about the DLC.

We all know that if Skyrim had been delayed in order to make it function properly the PS3 players would still be bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    We all know that if Skyrim had been delayed in order to make it function properly the PS3 players would still be bitching.
    They should have been honest.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    They should have been honest.
    I'll take that as a "yes" then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'll take that as a "yes" then.
    Of course people would still complain. They just should have made their costumers well aware that their product was having some serious issues and would take some time to fix instead if telling us its performance was on par with the 360; and then telling us a few months after release that they knew we'd have these problems.

It was dirty and underhanded way for them to make as much money as possible before people got wind of the problems.

Of course people would still complain. They just should have made their costumers well aware that their product was having some serious issues and would take some time to fix instead if telling us its performance was on par with the 360; and then telling us a few months after release that they knew we'd have these problems.

It was dirty and underhanded way for them to make as much money as possible before people got wind of the problems.
    Do you have any proof that they knew of the problem that caused large saved games to increase in size so they became unplayable, which is what I understand the big 'ps3 bug' to have been?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Do you have any proof that they knew of the problem that caused large saved games to increase in size so they became unplayable, which is what I understand the big 'ps3 bug' to have been?
    Of course he has no proof that they knew about it before releasing it. This guy just wants to act like Bethesda scammed him and ows him an excuse because he is kinda special.

I never understood guys like him that think they are so special. Well why play the game on the PS3 anyway? Looks like that console is a big mess not only with Skyrim but also other games.

Not sure if this is the place to discuss Skyrim house mods or not but here it goes. I like to try out just about every house mod that catches my attention, one of the houses that I mod the mouse is of course, Breezehome. I've tried a bunch of great Breezehome remodels but I just can't decide on which one to use.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8922 This first one is pretty incredible and has everything you could ever want, storage for dragon priest masks, claws, even a game room with functioning games like pool and a slot machine. There's also additions like a greenhouse, chicken coop and some others. The only downside is that there's multiple rooms which you have to use a teleport device to get to, which is a little annoying.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9755 Then there's this one which also has everything I would need although it's not as fancy but it doesn't have any load screens inside the house. Not much to say about this one other than it's a pleasant remodel that's not over the top but doesn't have the mask/claw storage which I really like about Bert's remodel.

There was another I was going to link but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anywho, if this is the wrong place for this just let me know. Also, if anyone else has a suggestion for a good Breezehome remodel feel free to speak up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Of course he has no proof that they knew about it before releasing it. This guy just wants to act like Bethesda scammed him and ows him an excuse because he is kinda special.

I never understood guys like him that think they are so special. Well why play the game on the PS3 anyway? Looks like that console is a big mess not only with Skyrim but also other games.
    Because not everybody can afford another console or a gaming rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to discuss Skyrim house mods or not but here it goes. I like to try out just about every house mod that catches my attention, one of the houses that I mod the mouse is of course, Breezehome. I've tried a bunch of great Breezehome remodels but I just can't decide on which one to use.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8922 This first one is pretty incredible and has everything you could ever want, storage for dragon priest masks, claws, even a game room with functioning games like pool and a slot machine. There's also additions like a greenhouse, chicken coop and some others. The only downside is that there's multiple rooms which you have to use a teleport device to get to, which is a little annoying.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9755 Then there's this one which also has everything I would need although it's not as fancy but it doesn't have any load screens inside the house. Not much to say about this one other than it's a pleasant remodel that's not over the top but doesn't have the mask/claw storage which I really like about Bert's remodel.

There was another I was going to link but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anywho, if this is the wrong place for this just let me know. Also, if anyone else has a suggestion for a good Breezehome remodel feel free to speak up
    This is perfect and only place on this site for it.

This is also the perfect TIME for it because of all the bickering going on (that I too contributed to sadly).

Anyways, I've personally made the decision to be homeless working through all of the guilds and the Dawnguard until I finally finish the main quest to have my own home in Sovngarde (Halls of Dovahndor).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is perfect and only place on this site for it.

This is also the perfect TIME for it because of all the bickering going on (that I too contributed to sadly).

Anyways, I've personally made the decision to be homeless working through all of the guilds and the Dawnguard until I finally finish the main quest to have my own home in Sovngarde (Halls of Dovahndor).
    I didn't even notice the bickering =3 I really love house mods... at the moment though I'm considering just deleting all of my mods and only installing ones that make the game more immersive. Maybe try out Frostfall with a new mage pure... hmmmm

As a side note though there's a house mod called Riverside Lodge that's just amazing and also Rayeks End which is practically in the same place in a very hidden location

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Because not everybody can afford another console or a gaming rig?
    Xbox? Nah seriously guys that act like it is the end of the world that there were no DLCs for the PS3are getting old.

Hopefully they release the missing DLCs so that you too have them and the internet is no longer flooded with PS3 rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox? Nah seriously guys that act like it is the end of the world that there were no DLCs for the PS3are getting old.

Hopefully they release the missing DLCs so that you too have them and the internet is no longer flooded with PS3 rage.
    I own a 360. I don't own a PS3.

10+ Year Old Account

"The way our dynamic stuff and our scripting works, it’s obvious it gets in situations where it taxes the PS3." The team knew there could be issues with that version of the game, even though "we felt we had a lot of it under control,"
    Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...AfP67I048zr.99

That is from Todd Howard. Now kindly piss off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Haha nice! I'm doing something similar too. No home for me, just the World's Greatest Journey To Collect 101 Dragon Shouts. I never even have the achievement to kill 20 dragons. So this time I'm determined to "finish" skyrim.

I collect companions who wants to join me. My restriction is that my character must "get to know" someone before they can be recruited - so no story-less mercenaries. I even give each companion a mini-story as a reason to why they want to join my charismatic paladin. Lydia is sworn to me, so ICly I'm stuck with her. Faendal is depressed after Camilla seems to prefer Sven, so he didn't want to stay in Riverwood anymore, and thus joined me. He also is great at hunting, so whenever we camp for the night, I send him to hunt for meat and collect firewood.

Last night I met this random person called Golldir while exploring the land (no fast travel either). Helped him out against the necromancer, and he joined me after he buried his aunt. Even in his dialog he says he has nowhere else to go. But here's the twist - Golldir is not a fighter. I set his aggression to passive and confidence to cowardly. He runs away when there is a fight. In exchange for letting him follow me, he carries all our camping equipment and supplies (those stuffs are pretty heavy). Whenever we go dungeon-delving, he stays outside at our camp to mind the fort. I took away his default heavy armor and shield, and gave him leather armor and a dagger instead. I also set him to non-essential, which means I really have to look out for him - the others are protected just because my game is hard enough, and I don't upgrade their armors as part of my roleplay.

Finishing up the Companions now, not sure who to take. Thinking of Aela, just because I have too many warriors. Vilkas will be the new Harbinger, and Farkas is likely to stay with him.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:41 PM ----------

And because we need more videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X5owocYzSjw

+1 if you can name each weapon's origins.

the Samurai War linked from the 10 weapons video is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Haha nice! I'm doing something similar too. No home for me, just the World's Greatest Journey To Collect 101 Dragon Shouts. I never even have the achievement to kill 20 dragons. So this time I'm determined to "finish" skyrim.

I collect companions who wants to join me. My restriction is that my character must "get to know" someone before they can be recruited - so no story-less mercenaries. I even give each companion a mini-story as a reason to why they want to join my charismatic paladin. Lydia is sworn to me, so ICly I'm stuck with her. Faendal is depressed after Camilla seems to prefer Sven, so he didn't want to stay in Riverwood anymore, and thus joined me. He also is great at hunting, so whenever we camp for the night, I send him to hunt for meat and collect firewood.

Last night I met this random person called Golldir while exploring the land (no fast travel either). Helped him out against the necromancer, and he joined me after he buried his aunt. Even in his dialog he says he has nowhere else to go. But here's the twist - Golldir is not a fighter. I set his aggression to passive and confidence to cowardly. He runs away when there is a fight. In exchange for letting him follow me, he carries all our camping equipment and supplies (those stuffs are pretty heavy). Whenever we go dungeon-delving, he stays outside at our camp to mind the fort. I took away his default heavy armor and shield, and gave him leather armor and a dagger instead. I also set him to non-essential, which means I really have to look out for him - the others are protected just because my game is hard enough, and I don't upgrade their armors as part of my roleplay.

Finishing up the Companions now, not sure who to take. Thinking of Aela, just because I have too many warriors. Vilkas will be the new Harbinger, and Farkas is likely to stay with him.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:41 PM ----------

And because we need more videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X5owocYzSjw

+1 if you can name each weapon's origins.
    That video just realized how many weapon mods I've ignored. Imma get that punsandog bow (always play archer anyways) and especially dem fists (seeing people blow away when you pile drive their friends sounds amazing).

Also, I haven't really gone out of my way to personalize my character that much and have his own story on my end. I'm basically the same brash indecisive person in game that I am in real life to where I'll go and wipe out the Dark Brotherhood but then revert the save and join them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    "The way our dynamic stuff and our scripting works, it’s obvious it gets in situations where it taxes the PS3." The team knew there could be issues with that version of the game, even though "we felt we had a lot of it under control,"
    Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...AfP67I048zr.99

That is from Todd Howard. Now kindly piss off.
    So you feel entitled enough to say that they lied to you and sold a broken game to you? Some guys are strange.

Well as I already wrote I hope that they release the missing DLCs for the PS3 so that all those PS3 players can stop crying over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you feel entitled enough to say that they lied to you and sold a broken game to you? Some guys are strange.

Well as I already wrote I hope that they release the missing DLCs for the PS3 so that all those PS3 players can stop crying over it.
    How am I entitled for pointing out how me and hundreds of other consumers were wronged? He said that quote after it was released.