1. #6861
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If you're a good guy you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood.

    And I still say that it sucks that you can't wipe out the Thieves Guild. Just take the skeleton key off what's-his-face's corpse.
    Wiping them out would be kind of evil though.. besides if you make guildmaster, you can run it however you like, I guess, even RP turning them into a group who steals from bad rich people and gives to the poor. Wish there was an alternate way to not get involved with Nocturnal and get rid of Maven though.

  2. #6862
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    You lose at least 2 artifacts as well as the achievement like that though.. I just cant bring myself to murder the priest or even that mystic dawn guy.
    Since murdering those people for the quests don't (or shouldn't) go on your crime sheet, I normally just do them as fast as possible and skip the dialog. It's not something I like doing, as most of my characters are never plain old murderers, but I'm a completionist and I don't like having quests in my quest journal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    As for Dark Brotherhood.. I wish it was more like Oblivion. You only had to kill a few people there, most of them being bad anyway, like bandit leaders etc. and them most of the line was eliminating other murderers (which I didn't have a problem with:P). In Skyrim it's just plain mean and evil mostly, like the wedding or that poor insane beggar who lost his sister.
    If you kill the leader of the Dark Brotherhood in the cabin (which is easy even on master) you can wipe them out and complete that series. Which is what I did. All you miss is some gold, the jester gear and Shadowmere (I never use horses any way).

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Wiping them out would be kind of evil though.. besides if you make guildmaster, you can run it however you like, I guess, even RP turning them into a group who steals from bad rich people and gives to the poor. Wish there was an alternate way to not get involved with Nocturnal and get rid of Maven though.
    Killing a guild that's dedicated to murdering people seems to be on the good side of the spectrum (for me). Just like wiping out a cave of bandits.

  3. #6863
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    It's not something I like doing, as most of my characters are never plain old murderers, but I'm a completionist and I don't like having quests in my quest journal.
    I think this is precisely what I struggle most with at my attempts to roleplay. Roleplay versus content.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  4. #6864
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I think this is precisely what I struggle most with at my attempts to roleplay. Roleplay versus content.
    It's also a reason why I always hated being the guildmaster of every guild in the world.

  5. #6865
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Wiping them out would be kind of evil though.. besides if you make guildmaster, you can run it however you like, I guess, even RP turning them into a group who steals from bad rich people and gives to the poor. Wish there was an alternate way to not get involved with Nocturnal and get rid of Maven though.
    They are thieves and thugs and the first thing they have you do upon SPEAKING to them is frame an innocent man for theft. The sole act of manipulating the economy of Skyrim in times of crisis all for profit is enough to make me want to run them all through. Not to mention how half the conversations you have with them are laced with threats until you have reached a sufficient rank.

    There's a difference between being a good guy and being a friend to all living things. These are not good people, and they cause the suffering of good people.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  6. #6866
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They are thieves and thugs and the first thing they have you do upon SPEAKING to them is frame an innocent man for theft. The sole act of manipulating the economy of Skyrim in times of crisis all for profit is enough to make me want to run them all through. Not to mention how half the conversations you have with them are laced with threats until you have reached a sufficient rank.

    There's a difference between being a good guy and being a friend to all living things. These are not good people, and they cause the suffering of good people.
    They aren't exactly good but they aren't evil either. They even have this strict no murder policy. Not only that but if you talk to them and listen to their back stories, they mostly seem to be decent people who had no where else to go or do it for the kicks but don't really want to harm anyone. Of course theres a few who are in it just for the gold like Tonilia and Vex.

    So becoming their leader would work better than murdering them, no? You can go with the whole Robin Hood routine like the Gray fox, I guess.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 01:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Killing a guild that's dedicated to murdering people seems to be on the good side of the spectrum (for me). Just like wiping out a cave of bandits.
    Thieves guild doesnt murder anyone, if you kill someone you even get scolded for it and don't get paid. Bandits are completely different, they kidnap and murder people or keep them as slaves.

  7. #6867
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Thieves guild doesnt murder anyone, if you kill someone you even get scolded for it and don't get paid. Bandits are completely different, they kidnap and murder people or keep them as slaves.
    My response was into the Dark Brotherhood, my mistake.

  8. #6868
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    They aren't exactly good but they aren't evil either. They even have this strict no murder policy. Not only that but if you talk to them and listen to their back stories, they mostly seem to be decent people who had no where else to go or do it for the kicks but don't really want to harm anyone. Of course theres a few who are in it just for the gold like Tonilia and Vex.
    The ''nowhere else to go'' excuse only takes you so far. There comes a point in your career of crime where you have made more than enough to survive going straight. Choosing not to do so reflects on who you are and makes the excuse worthless.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  9. #6869
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Since murdering those people for the quests don't (or shouldn't) go on your crime sheet, I normally just do them as fast as possible and skip the dialog. It's not something I like doing, as most of my characters are never plain old murderers, but I'm a completionist and I don't like having quests in my quest journal.
    Having quests piled up in your inventory is the worst thing ever. OCD for days.

  10. #6870
    Immortal Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    7,073
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If you're a good guy you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood.

    And I still say that it sucks that you can't wipe out the Thieves Guild. Just take the skeleton key off what's-his-face's corpse.
    Dark Brotherhood was the questline I enjoyed the most in Skyrim, I was literally in tears and just didn't know what to do in Skyrim after I'd finished it. I don't know how to explain but from a personal standpoint it hit me emotionally, all that treachery etc. It was awesome.

  11. #6871
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Dark Brotherhood was the questline I enjoyed the most in Skyrim, I was literally in tears and just didn't know what to do in Skyrim after I'd finished it. I don't know how to explain but from a personal standpoint it hit me emotionally, all that treachery etc. It was awesome.
    Oh I love them too. But when playing a good character they need to die.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  12. #6872
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Wiping them out would be kind of evil though.. besides if you make guildmaster, you can run it however you like, I guess, even RP turning them into a group who steals from bad rich people and gives to the poor. Wish there was an alternate way to not get involved with Nocturnal and get rid of Maven though.
    There should be actually. During the Main questline you can hand Riften over to the Imperials which will make Maven the Jarl. If you side with the Stormcloaks and retake it she'll be replaced and likely placed in Solitude. I have not confirmed this, but it makes sense.

  13. #6873
    I think the future of sandbox gaming would be a truly dynamic world where you could actually make whatever decisions you want and those decisions will have an effect on nearly every aspect of the lore/game.

    Like if you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood you find out that the Emperor was a bad guy and is consorting with the Thalmor. Or you could kill the Emperor yourself and have all of Tamriel after you.

    I'm hoping ESVI will incorporate dodging mechanics into the game. Something like blink for casters, rolling for leather uses and side stepping for heavy armor users would make lots of sense.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-30 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  14. #6874
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh I love them too. But when playing a good character they need to die.
    i HATE how you have to murder the old woman to even get the kill quest. pisses me off so much... BUT... that old bitch totally deserves it. still, a good character wouldn't do that :/
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-01-30 at 07:46 AM.

  15. #6875
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i HATE how you have to murder the old woman to even get the kill quest. pisses me off so much... BUT... that old bitch totally deserves it. still, a good character wouldn't do that :/
    Aw man, that was the best part though! Especially on my brawler Khajiit. Grabbed her by her collar and slammed her into the floor in front of all of the kids.

  16. #6876
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Aw man, that was the best part though! Especially on my brawler Khajiit. Grabbed her by her collar and slammed her into the floor in front of all of the kids.
    Hahahah I was doing the theives guild intro quests, and I accidently had a magic-draining ring on, which put both people in the shop into actual combat instead of the brawl-combat of the quest, and my teeny tiny wisp of a female mage grabbed the guy around his waist and bent over backwards and slammed his head into the floor, in the corner of the shop. There his body stayed, as some kind of wrong side up manakin. It was disgustingly funny.

  17. #6877
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    In TES6, I hope I get to kill more Thalmor. Fuck those guys and their condescending attitude. Brb, launching Skyrim so I can kill some High Elves.
    Oh, I DETEST the Thalmor - one of the only races who are KOS in my book, even if I do get a damn bounty for it.

    I'm MORE than certain that TES6 is going to be about the Thalmor... everything here in Skyrim seems to be a massive setup for a big throw-down in future.

    I'm kinda hoping they'll make a new DLC where we upset some planned incursion/invasion of Thalmor into Skyrim, ending with the treaty being torn up - leading us to ES6.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  18. #6878
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Oh, I DETEST the Thalmor - one of the only races who are KOS in my book, even if I do get a damn bounty for it.

    I'm MORE than certain that TES6 is going to be about the Thalmor... everything here in Skyrim seems to be a massive setup for a big throw-down in future.

    I'm kinda hoping they'll make a new DLC where we upset some planned incursion/invasion of Thalmor into Skyrim, ending with the treaty being torn up - leading us to ES6.
    I kind of hope ES6 is you are a Thalmor and you decide to take over the world or crush these megalomaniacal people once and for all.

  19. #6879
    Hi guys. Just wanted to pop in to share an idea of an epic mount showdown dovahkiin vs deathwing (lol)
    And somehow i got this from a dream last night.
    Anyhow prepare for an idea that will be completely IMPOSSIBLE to create xD

    So anyhow Dovahkiin explores ruins of a giant mineshaft underneath skyrim that covers more then half of the country. And inside the mineshaft he finds a supermassive dragon aka Deathwing resting and getting armor plating on. And Dovahkiin goes to investigate and "disturbs" Deathwing and causes him to go into a super mental corrupted state where he starts to destroy everything.

    After that you knock off 20% of his health whereas hes constantly launching fireballs and shadowbolts at you which will oneshot you (He is more powerful then alduin after all) which then he bursts through the earth and complety destroys all of whiterun save part of the castle. Which then you embark through all of skyrim trying to kill him in which hes also "destroying" every single city and you have only 2 hours before he reachs Solitude/Windhelm and destroys them aka you lose the game :P. (Solitude or Windhelm depending on faction. If Neutral he heads for Markarth)

    And on top of that he is also trying to kill you by smashing his tail into you and launching even more fire bolts and stuff at you. After knocking him to roughly 25% his wings are complety destroyed and you fight him head on and have to dodge everything or die (on master). He also trys to rip the ground apart near you thus killing you if he finished. Once you knock off another 15% of his health leaving him at 10% he grows even more corrupted and he walks towards you with this "orb" that shoots GIANT laser beams that destroy parts of the terrain thus making your fighting space smaller and smaller the longer you fight him. Once you kill him he melts into lava and his dragon soul transfers into you granting YOU the ability to turn into a dragon for about 20 minutes every skyrim week.

    Personally i also think of a dungeon that would take like 4 hours to get through then another 3 hours getting through a mineshaft. Then another 4 hours fighting the boss. Lol

    I know this would be impossible to make but this if any mod creator is crazy enough to try this. Good luck? Lol
    And if you call me crazy for thinking of this i somehow got this from a dream like i first said.
    But Cmon this idea seems pretty epic right? Lol this is crazy i know but itd be a cool mega mod thingy.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

  20. #6880
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    People are still playing? :P

    I made a new character again, completed the main quest again, and completed the guilds.


    Now I am just done with the game I guess.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •