Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with it but: How can you still play Skyrim? Don't you get bored from it? :P

2 characters was enough for me.... I even read a lot of lore at the time.
    I think I've played about 350 hours (not that much I guess). Even though I've done some quests multiple times on multiple characters it just doesn't get boring. ESPECIALLY just going out in the open world and exploring. I can do that for hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    So i'm about to reach 900 hours played. HELP! I reckon thats not as much as some people though. Whats your played time?

Also, do you reckn that skyrim will follow the pattern of Morrowind and Oblivion when it comes to content patches (Dawnguard and Dragonborn for example)? i've not seen anything saying otherwise.
    What do you mean by the pattern?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Game of the year editions? Core game bundled with all expansions/DLC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Morrowind: Tribunal and Bloodmon

Oblivion: Knights of the nine and Shivering Isles

Skyrim: Dawnguard and Dragonborn (so far)

You may say its not a true pattern, as there is the small dlc from oblivion and Hearthfire for skyrim. But i'm reckoning Bethesda may keep up that 'pattern'. Personally i hope they don't I'd like to see more content for skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with it but: How can you still play Skyrim? Don't you get bored from it? :P

2 characters was enough for me.... I even read a lot of lore at the time.
    I do stuff differently with different characters, doesn't help that i deleted all my saves in a fit of rage a while ago. I do get bored at times and don't play it for a while. It is basically something other than wow and i can immerse myself in the world for a bit.
    Last edited by Khraine; 2013-02-02 at 12:24 AM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

time played on skyrim: 1254 hours................................. i need professional help.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    time played on skyrim: 1254 hours................................. i need professional help.......
    I see my 350 hours and think "OMG I HAVE A LIFE". Then I see my 250 DAYS played on WoW and get depressed. That's almost a year out of the last 8 that I've spent playing that game.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I see my 350 hours and think "OMG I HAVE A LIFE". Then I see my 250 DAYS played on WoW and get depressed. That's almost a year out of the last 8 that I've spent playing that game.
    I almost can't believe how much of my life I have spent playing games...lol. I get outside etc. but over the last 20+ years of my life it sure has accumulated...here's what Xfire says about my last decade (I signed up for it in 2004):

I stopped using it in like 2011, so that means around 280 days were spent on video games during those 8 years. Yikes.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-02-02 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope TESVI has spears. Like seriously, they are so much more fun then a sword/axe. Having been playing through a Morrowind Overhaul version of MW, using spear/heavy armour, its just been so entertaining the things you can do with the huge amount of reach. Plus just think of all the potential killcams. Or shit, if a 3rd major addon for Skyrim added spears, if DG can add crossbows, then surely they could stick spears in there.

On a more Skyrim-y note, I've been playing through Dawnguard, and I really enjoy it. However, with all the work the art/graphics team must have put into designing the Soul Cairn, I really think it would have been a decent idea to flesh that place out more quest wise, I mean there are a few non-DG story quests in there, but they are few and far between (Jiub reunion, Ho!)

Also, to all the people moaning about excessive playtime, I've played Morrowind for more time then I've played WoW, and my most recent /played in WoW clocked me in at over 200 days. So take that. Worth it
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I almost can't believe how much of my life I have spent playing games...lol. I get outside etc. but over the last 20+ years of my life it sure has accumulated...here's what Xfire says about my last decade (I signed up for it in 2004):

http://i.imgur.com/2goXcVm.png

I stopped using it in like 2011, so that means around 280 days were spent on video games during those 8 years. Yikes.
    Not to make this into an intervention thread or something but my worst realization is the fact that my time playing these games is trumped at least triple by the amount of time I talk about/research them. I think I have more time reading MMO-champion than I do playing all games combined.

I'll admit spears sound awesome. I've been thinking of giving the thrown weapon mod a go. It looks amazing for sure but isn't spears like you or I want: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...13&searchtext=
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-02 at 07:38 AM.

When I think of spears I really don't think of them as a ranged weapon. I always imagine them as they are used in the phalanx formation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spear in one hand, shield in the other would be very cool. Would remind me of my Barb in D3.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That's "only" like 3 hours a day.. it's probably at least 4, maybe 5 for me:P But I don't see it as having no life. I don't watch TV (with the exception of few quality shows and movies). But then again it's my slacking year before college and I already got the money together so I have too much time now anyway. It will probably change in September though..

Finally got around to checking... 547 hours played. More than I thought I had but still not ZOMG I HAVE NO LIFE levels (I think).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 430 hours, and like WoW, probably a quarter of that is spent afking or testing things.

I've never had that problem about walking. If I want to keep walking without holding the shift key, I just use the caps-lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh only 226 hours played... I could do better IMO

Also the c key is the auto move toggle (in case you didn't know)

hmm, only 207 hours played, rather surprised on that, I thought it would be a lot higher

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Dovahbear Companion Mod, now it's finally been made.

[video=youtube;fR22DyN8prE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR22DyN8prE[video]

And into the actual question, is there a way to fix walking in Skyrim? I mean if I enter a dialogue while walking with shift-key down I often get stuck in the walking mode and then I'll have to keep shift pressed to move at default speed or restart Skyrim to reset it. I'd like to be able to walk normally sometimes (without this issue happening), while following NPC's who talk while walking around, for example. I guess I could bind it in Caps Lock but I want to avoid using that key, you know why.
    Caps is actually the toggle on/off walk.
    Just hit it if you get stuck and should be fine.

Is c the default? I know mine is caps but didn't think I'd rebound it

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Caps is actually the toggle on/off walk.
    Just hit it if you get stuck and should be fine.

Is c the default? I know mine is caps but didn't think I'd rebound it
    c is the auto run, caps - lock is the walk/run toggle

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    That's "only" like 3 hours a day.. it's probably at least 4, maybe 5 for me:P But I don't see it as having no life. I don't watch TV (with the exception of few quality shows and movies). But then again it's my slacking year before college and I already got the money together so I have too much time now anyway. It will probably change in September though..
    I haven't played WOW in years but you are 100% correct. People that point to "wasting your time in games" are the same people that sit on the couch and watch mindless TV reality shows and sitcoms for hours a night. Or even mindless "news shows" with the same shit night after night.

I game a bunch, but I watch TV only as a means to fall asleep. I game no more than "normal" people watch TV. Just the TV doesn't keep track of their TV watching hours like games do so they get to feel less guilty about it LOL.