10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Edit: Which reminds me, that quest has a step to get him freed diplomatically, but Tullius would never agree to it. The ESwiki page at some point got updated with a scenario where Tullius does give you a letter to get him free, But right under that update it still says it's impossible to free him without violence. Which is it?
    I freed him without violence. I think you need to have the USKP though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Uuugh
    Uuuuuuuuuuuugh
    If you want to say it's ugly by that then yea, sure It's still nice to have in tight spots though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    If you want to say it's ugly by that then yea, sure It's still nice to have in tight spots though.
    Without modding it's usually worse :\
    Had the same problem with werewolf, now it's my "make sure you're safe while you transform then do 1 billion damage without skillups or potions" cooldown.

Problem with Skyrim, new character. (PC version)

Hello everyone I have a large problem with Skyrim and I'm hoping the masses here at MMO-champ can help me.

My problem is thus, come back to Skyrim for the Dragonborn DLC, been playing it for the last few days and wanted to start a new character, the opening scene starts but Ralof does not speak, nor does anyone else.

I carry on with the carriage ride in silence with Ralof staring at me until we hit Helgen, the carriage comes around the corner and moves to were it's meant to stop, instead it just starts to having small spasms and will not move on to people being loaded off on either carriage.

As a note I have re-installed Skyrim two times now to try and fix this issue with no luck and to remove the fact that it might be a mod causing the problem. I've tried looking over the internet but am having no luck, while typing this out Steam is currently validating.

Please help!
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-02-10 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Hello everyone I have a large problem with Skyrim and I'm hoping the masses here at MMO-champ can help me.

My problem is thus, come back to Skyrim for the Dragonborn DLC, been playing it for the last few days and wanted to start a new character, the opening scene starts but Ralof does not speak, nor does anyone else.

I carry on with the carriage ride in silence with Ralof staring at me until we hit Helgen, the carriage comes around the corner and moves to were it's meant to stop, instead it just starts to having small spasms and will not move on to people being loaded off on either carriage.

As a note I have re-installed Skyrim two times now to try and fix this issue with no luck and to remove the fact that it might be a mod causing the problem. I've tried looking over the internet but am having no luck, while typing this out Steam is currently validating.

Please help!
    Try disabling Dragonborn DLC via the data files on the launcher see if that helps. IF not try get a save just before the character creation.

anyone else annoyed that you have to join all of the guilds to get every word of power? god that pisses me off. i'm trying to be a straight up nord voice master and warrior, i don't wanna join your damn mage college, or your stupid little 2swag4u street gang

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    anyone else annoyed that you have to join all of the guilds to get every word of power? god that pisses me off. i'm trying to be a straight up nord voice master and warrior, i don't wanna join your damn mage college, or your stupid little 2swag4u street gang
    The perfect Elder Scrolls game will be the one where you can go everywhere and kill everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    No because I mod the hell out of my game and have a cheat mod for that >.<

Best thing about this game is the mods, it's pretty amazing what other players come up with. Godzilla mod...Link mod...etc etc

i'm not really one for modding. i use the alternate start mod and no blocky faces, that's it. i like cheating and stuff, but i don't really use spell mods and stuff. i'm not very good with files and shit, so if i'd somehow fuck something up, i'd be completely out of luck.

You can download them directly from the steam workshop or install the nexus mod manager, works just like curse client. It's hard to eff something up with an application that installs/disables/uninstalls them for you, I'm the same way with files.

Playing the game straight is definitely more rewarding than cheats, mods certainly aren't required to enjoy the game although many of them are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You can download them directly from the steam workshop or install the nexus mod manager, works just like curse client. It's hard to eff something up with an application that installs/disables/uninstalls them for you, I'm the same way with files.
    Wrong. Modding can and will destroy your game if you don't know what you're doing. It's not as simple as "install and play".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Playing the game straight is definitely more rewarding than cheats, mods certainly aren't required to enjoy the game although many of them are awesome.
    I have to disagree with that. A lot of mods aren't cheats but instead bug fixes or make the game much more challenging and balanced. Vanilla Skyrim isn't rewarding at all. It's kinda hard and tedious till 30ish, then nothing matters any more as you kill almost anything with a few hits. Too many glitches, bugs to abuse, shortcuts and worst of all, spells dont scale at all and armor/weapons scales too well.

When Skyrim came out, I used to believe the same thing, that mods are just cheats and avoided them but I couldn't even finish the game like that. After doing one faction, the game basically just became sneaking through everywhere undetected, looting generic junk and tapping everyone once and they died.

And then there are the little flavor mods that don't change anything about the gameplay at all. They just make things look nicer or add extra things to do (like decorating the house).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Wrong. Modding can and will destroy your game if you don't know what you're doing. It's not as simple as "install and play".
    It's true, I had to learn it the hard way at first The worst thing is that some bugs and problems with mods aren't even apparent at first and can manifest hours later.. and by then you have no idea which mod causes them and even if you find out, it's sometimes nearly impossible to remove the mod without ruining your save.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-02-10 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    As was made very clear to me today...
    I cave and buy Dragonborn (and even Hearthfire!) and it breaks my game. Endless CTDs outside of Riverwood. I go one by one through ALL of my 100+ mods, removing none of them fixes my issue. So I re-install, and install only the ~30 mods I MUST have lol. CTD persists. I remove all mods, CTD persists. Guess my save game got corrupted...so I start a new character, right? I get out of Helgen, ZERO mods installed, BAM CTD. Doing another fresh install right now, deleted everything including all of my saves (well, I backed them up of course!) and ini tweaks.

Soooooo fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I cave and buy Dragonborn (and even Hearthfire!) and it breaks my game. Endless CTDs outside of Riverwood. I go one by one through ALL of my 100+ mods, removing none of them fixes my issue. So I re-install, and install only the ~30 mods I MUST have lol. CTD persists. I remove all mods, CTD persists. Guess my save game got corrupted...so I start a new character, right? I get out of Helgen, ZERO mods installed, BAM CTD. Doing another fresh install right now, deleted everything including all of my saves (well, I backed them up of course!) and ini tweaks.

Soooooo fun.
    It might be the load order. All the CTDs I've ever had were caused by this. If you're using SkyRe or the Wet and Cold mod, I could say with 99% certainty it's caused by that. Also, did you download all the mods again or just reused them? Some of them use ini files as well and can leave dependencies and settings in even after reinstalling Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    does Dragonborn brings better Bows? I remember that in Dawnguard the xbows were very good (but i did not like the way they... fire)

there is a VERY good dwemer bow in one of the ruins on solstheim. not only does it look good, but it has a great special effect on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id stick with the Nightingale bow if you have a leveled character
    I got lazy and took a Daedric bow from a nexus follower
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Soooooo fun.
    Did you run BOSS to check your mods?
    It's always the first thing you should do.
    Edit: Try reducing texture quality.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2013-02-10 at 03:54 PM.

Soooooo fun.
    It may just be Dragonborn. the pc version has some some bug and a few people I know mentioned an increase in CTD (though I have yet to get one yet). The best thing to do is run Boss then TESedit and see if that fixes anything.