huh... if anything, i've noticed less crashing since i got dragonborn. i'd usually get 2 crashes a day before, now i just got my first since dragonborn a few minutes ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lizbeth: I tried a few mod orders but couldn't find one to fix it. I usually follow the suggestion of BOSS with one exception, I put hair/face mods at the bottom. I wish I could have figured it out...just woke up and Skyrim is done installing so time to play around some more.

@Valenhill: Yup I use BOSS and Wrye Bash. No errors in BOSS and Wrye Bash didn't show any conflicts. So it was something in the background, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what. >.< Google told me it might be textures too so I disabled all of my texture mods (luckily I use a combined texture mod, so I can just disable that one alone). I didn't change the in-game settings though, maybe I should have done that.

@Kaosbringer: I hope not. I buy Dragonborn and Hearthfire and Bethesda thanks me with increasing my chance to crash? lol. I run BOSS but really don't get TESedit. Maybe I'll read a tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I buy Dragonborn and Hearthfire and Bethesda thanks me with increasing my chance to crash? lol. I run BOSS but really don't get TESedit. Maybe I'll read a tutorial.
    While TESEdit is indeed helpful, I don't think it's what's going to help you here.
    Decrease Texture Quality and Antialiasing a bit. Uninstalling the game and mods pretty much already ruled out incompatibilities and loading issues. Now we'll see if it's a graphics issue.

I've been playing a lot lately using the no fast travel mod.. my god it's made such an improvement to the game, for me. My problem was always that I couldn't help but get lazy and use the fast travel even if I made a point not to.. when the option is gone I'm seeing much more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonborn has made my loading screens take 10x as long to load :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the size of your Saved files. If they are over 10 MB, your going to have to do some pruning. I noticed some lag earlier, and not loading screens are once again a thing of the past (SSD FTW.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Play without health bars. Never know how tough is the enemy, whether it's a level 1 Bandit or a level 25 Bandit Highwayman. All you know is they're someone rushing towards you with an axe. Or how many there are. Turn off music.

Exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The perfect Elder Scrolls game will be the one where you can go everywhere and kill everyone.
    And where every action has repercussions for EVERYTHING. Like slaughtering the Dark Brotherhood leading to Delvin Mallory no longer dealing with you. Or quelling Ancano leading to the Thalmor becoming crazier than ever.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    there is a VERY good dwemer bow in one of the ruins on solstheim. not only does it look good, but it has a great special effect on it.
    Does it compare to the enhanced dwarven crossbow?

I hate the massive difference between crossbows and bows for damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

not sure, as i didn't do dawnguard. i just got my character to level 10 and went to solstheim out of excitement. it has a 50% chance to drain magicka, stamina, and health.

there's also the bow of the stag prince, it gives an increasingly powerful buff for ever 20 animals killed.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-02-11 at 04:54 AM.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28880
    I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that you can wipe out the dark brotherhood but not the thieves guild. Well I did the whole thieves guild quest (even became the thieves guild master) and the rewards didn't weigh up against the amount of effort I did for this "organisation". I started a new save where I played the good guy, but still I had to do the first quest of the thieves guild to advance in the main quest (the part where you have to know the location of Esbern). It was only later that I find out that you can ask Keerava (the innkeeper of the bee and barb) the whereabouts of Esbern. So I wanted to take revenge on Brynjolf for destroying Brand-Shei and I made this mod.

You can simply start the quest by bashing Brynjolf's face in with a hammer :-P*
    <Insert high-pitched squeal of excitement here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally able to play the damn game. Dunno if anyone cares, but you know how Google is. Maybe somebody on the internet will come by this post if they have the same CTD in Riverwood issue. I was finally able to figure out that my own Riverwood CTD issue was indeed caused by low VRAM. But I mean, what didn't make sense is that my computer is pretty good. I was able to play with the lowest texture resolutions but it was sooo ugly so I went on a hunt to find out why. Well, apparently Windows 8 64-bit (and 7 too I hear) does some weird crap with UAC to programs in the Program Files (x86) folder and it interferes a lot with Skyrim. My game wasn't actually running 64-bit so I was running out of memory (Riverwood uses a LOT of textures: heavy in water, trees, grass, buildings, etc). The fix was to install Steam and Skyrim outside of Program Files (x86). Moving Steam to C:/ fixed my issue entirely.

Happy to be playing, but not so happy that Skyrim has so many issues. Oh well, at least I'm not a PS3 Skyrim player har har.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28880

<Insert high-pitched squeal of excitement here>
    You can just fail the Brand-Shei quest, you know. Besides, he's only supposed to sit in jail for a few days (weeks?) if he's there longer it's a bug. Besides, destroying the Companions makes more sense than this. After all they're werewolves and kill the silver hand (who are technically the good guys).

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    You can just fail the Brand-Shei quest, you know. Besides, he's only supposed to sit in jail for a few days (weeks?) if he's there longer it's a bug. Besides, destroying the Companions makes more sense than this. After all they're werewolves and kill the silver hand (who are technically the good guys).
    By that logic, Scarlet Crusade are good guys too. Silver Hand are just bandits that kill werewolves and dogs in spare time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought Dragonborn. I'm planning on playing a palladin-type. What kind of race, abilities,spells and especially mods would you recommend that fit with a palladin?

If a similar post has been made in this thread, apologies. I tried finding one to no avail, its a big thread.
    Oh, and another question. What ENB would you recommend, and why?
    Will be trying to make dragonborn as pretty as possible.

And any other musthavemods?

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I'm planning on using at least SkyRe
    Last edited by MythiaX; 2013-02-11 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing a reroll and I'm torn between three weapons mods.

Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel
    JaySuS Swords
    Immersive Weapons

Anyone have a preference?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    How exactly does destroying the mercenary group that is actively helping the people of Skyrim that over the course of your adventures eliminates a militant group of paranoid zealots that torture innocent people for information make more sense than eliminating a group of thieves and thugs who are manipulating the economy of a region at war to keep a corrupt bitch in power and over the course of your adventures can ruin multiple businesses and are found to be lead by someone who is corrupt even by their own standards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    Just bought Dragonborn. I'm planning on playing a palladin-type. What kind of race, abilities,spells and especially mods would you recommend that fit with a palladin?
    I had a lot of fun with the Paladin Spell Pack. I mostly used the Aegis/defensive abilities 'cause I was a tanky character. If you want to be an offensive Paladin, the pack also has some pretty cool stuff for that like fortifying attack speed, critical strike, etc. You'll also be OP against undead but shouldn't that be true for all Paladins? For armor, I use Lost Paladins of the Divines or Divine Aegis. I haven't used it yet but I also keep Paladin Armor.

As for ENB, I personally use Bleak ENB. I like it because it's more realistic/cinematic, and less...flashy. My problem with other ENBs is that they're either too bright outside, too dark in dungeons, or just have way too much bloom. This one I thought was perfect!

Hmm I could go on and on about must-have mods but here are the ones I truly need (sorry no links, you can find them all on Google/Nexus):

ACE Combat Enhancements
    The Dance of Death
    Alternate Start
    AutoPV
    Bandolier
    Dodge Mod
    Female Animation Pack
    Interesting NPCs
    Locational Damage
    Lush Grass
    SkyUI
    Skyrim Community Uncapper
    Wearable Lanterns
    Your Favorite Face/Beauty Mods Here (I use, installed in this order specifically, No More Blocky Faces, Better Females by Bella, Enhanced Character Edit, Pretty Faces)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply. BTW, I'm using Skyrim Redone, does this mean ACE combat enhancements isn't very useful for me, since I already have something similar?

I'll definately check out the paladin spell pack!

As for the ENB, currently have a fantasy one, if its to light, I'll check out your Bleak one.

Any tips on items in game (swords, hammers, armor etc) that fit the paladin playstyle?
    Last edited by MythiaX; 2013-02-11 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Doing a reroll and I'm torn between three weapons mods.

Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel
    JaySuS Swords
    Immersive Weapons

Anyone have a preference?
    I've always stuck with JaySUS swords. I've tried Immersive weapons (I love Immersive armors) but JaySUS still wins.

But, recently I've been using the re-textured 2h sword from Skyrim Knights.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-11 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    Thanks for the reply. BTW, I'm using Skyrim Redone, does this mean ACE combat enhancements isn't very useful for me, since I already have something similar?

I'll definately check out the paladin spell pack!

As for the ENB, currently have a fantasy one, if its to light, I'll check out your Bleak one.

Any tips on items in game (swords, hammers, armor etc) that fit the paladin playstyle?
    Oh yeah, if you use SkyRE then ACE isn't compatible. It's kind of a hotly debated topic, but I prefer ACE because I feel it keeps the perks closer to vanilla and really makes smithing/enchanting less OP.

I like the Immersive Weapons mod. Paladin weapons should be simple imo. A straight blade with a cross hilt. For shields I use vanilla shields but there are some nice mods like Skyforge Shields, Insanitys Shields and Bucklers - Shields and Other Armours. Again I like them simple. Edit: Oh like Buckwald says JaySUS swords are cool too. But for a Paladin character I found more to like with Immersive Weapons.