10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I don't think so. Bethesda loves ancient Rome. The empire is obviously very inspired by that (they have a major Rome based faction in their other big franchise, Fallout, as well). Besides, killing off the empire would leave the imperials an inferior human race compared to the others. They're kinda bad even now but without the voice of the emperor, they'd just be terrible.

No no, I'm pretty sure the dragonborn will fix the empire somehow. Either by just helping the old one win and picking a new emperor or becoming one or conquering the old empire and founding a new dragonborn empire like Talos.

well it would lead into new story lines. I mean how long can they beat the dead horse of its the empire v someone

also rome did fall :\ its time for new blood in the story!

skyrim basically wrote the empire as dying slowly
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-18 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    well it would lead into new story lines. I mean how long can they beat the dead horse of its the empire v someone

also rome did fall :\ its time for new blood in the story!

skyrim basically wrote the empire as dying slowly
    The empire has had worse setbacks than that. If you read the ingame books, the War of the Diamond pretty much tore the empire apart, a lot of emperors have been assassinated. The empire had even been re-founded a couple of times.

Speaking of which, what was with the Oblivion story anyway? The Amulet of Kings was buried with Reman 3 before Talos dug him up.. why didn't the Oblivion events happen then if no one lit the Dragonfires? Not only that but there were wars and emperors getting killed and spouses(who had no relations to the dragonborn bloodline) taking the throne and nothing happened but during Oblivion events, Uriel got killed, a few days passed and gates already started popping up everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    The empire has had worse setbacks than that. If you read the ingame books, the War of the Diamond pretty much tore the empire apart, a lot of emperors have been assassinated. The empire had even been re-founded a couple of times.

Speaking of which, what was with the Oblivion story anyway? The Amulet of Kings was buried with Reman 3 before Talos dug him up.. why didn't the Oblivion events happen then if no one lit the Dragonfires? Not only that but there were wars and emperors getting killed and spouses(who had no relations to the dragonborn bloodline) taking the throne and nothing happened but during Oblivion events, Uriel got killed, a few days passed and gates already started popping up everywhere.
    perhaps no one took advantage of it until then? the mythic dawn were the ones responsible for most of that mess, right? maybe they were just the only ones to take advantage of it.

anyway, i was just now running around in raven rock and a guard was like "if you're looking for passage to vvardenfell, you're out of luck. not many ships going that way these days." is he just meaning because of the eruption? or is there possibly something else going down there? everything i've read suggests that vvardenfell is still inhabited to a degree.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a good thing the empire has crumbled. Its time for the true sons of skyrim to wipe out the elves! with the help of some awesome bretons (belethor) and the red guards!

btw why do so many people hate belethor. hes the best npc imo
    Because he's creepy. ;-; The way he says "Do come back" to my character...TOTAL CREEP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    perhaps no one took advantage of it until then? the mythic dawn were the ones responsible for most of that mess, right? maybe they were just the only ones to take advantage of it.

anyway, i was just now running around in raven rock and a guard was like "if you're looking for passage to vvardenfell, you're out of luck. not many ships going that way these days." is he just meaning because of the eruption? or is there possibly something else going down there? everything i've read suggests that vvardenfell is still inhabited to a degree.
    150-200 hours played on this character and I still haven't even set foot on Solstheim -.- in fact I haven't even finished main quest and Dawnguard quests but I'm getting close, I hope. There's just so much to do. Every time I find myself thinking that I'm finally running out of quests and can move on to Dragonborn, I find countless new ones popping up, finding new nordic barrows or dwemer ruins I haven't explored yet or just random items to decorate my house with.

i used to do that myself. but now that i'm up around the 1300 hours played mark... i think i've done just about everything there is to be done....

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here have skyrim on ps3and is having drsgonbourne dlc trouble?
    It's a region 1 disc so I bought the dlc on region 1, downloaded it. It shows in my games thingy, but when I open up the game I can't make the cultists appear, and when I click on the dlc tab it says there is no dlc installed. Blah
    Anyone know how to fix it?
    Other Forums are useless.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Because he's creepy. ;-; The way he says "Do come back" to my character...TOTAL CREEP.
    he says it to everyone hes just joshing

gives me sick deals, even sold he his sister....... then told he he didnt have a sister.... who the hell did i buy?

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 03:51 AM ----------

why does miraak say im the last dragonborn btw?

Thinking of starting a new game, haven't played since before any DLC has been released.

Was thinking someone who conjures his weapons (swords), with a strong companion (conjured).

Or maybe necro style. Are their life steal abilities? And can I summon more than one undead minion?

Any particular mods I should look out for? I think I remember one that totally redoes magic?

I'd get all DLC for it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Thinking of starting a new game, haven't played since before any DLC has been released.

Was thinking someone who conjures his weapons (swords), with a strong companion (conjured).

Or maybe necro style. Are their life steal abilities? And can I summon more than one undead minion?

Any particular mods I should look out for? I think I remember one that totally redoes magic?

I'd get all DLC for it too.
    Some advice, don't do conjured weapons, it's just too hard, you use all your mana to summon weapons, then you have nothing to heal unless you want to be constantly buying or creating potions to chug. I actually had to reroll when I got to 19 because everything was just roflstomping me because I couldn't heal and attack. I tried a pet with it, just didn't work well.

Now vampires have life drain, so I'd bet it's available somewhere. I just haven't played it enough to know where it would've, maybe you have to be a vampy.

I don't have it on pc so I can't hep with mods.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    conjured weapons didnt seem like all that great when i gave it a try. u miss out on enchants

genn, he calls you the last dragonborn because that's the prophecy. we're supposed to be the last dragonborn, here for the soul purpose of stopping alduin after he re-emerges.

and schmittay, be careful with making a bound weapon character. last time i made one, some kind of bug happened and all of my perks stopped working T_T... though, i think it was because i was a redguard, not because i was using bound weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats lame, now to make the dragonborn immortal. *goes vamp*

problem solved.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 04:02 PM ----------

btw based on the lore of the dragonborn and who they use to market it

i assume it will lore wise be a nord, and lore wise the stormcloaks will win. I dont think your nord will betray other nords, the dark brotherhood quests will most likely be official and u kill an important person in the empire.

if there is more conflict in the empire it would make a more interesting elder scrolls 6.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-19 at 04:07 PM.

i don't know, i'm hoping the stormcloak win is official, because i would like to see a stormcloak-redguard team up. and from all of the promo stuff we see for the game, the dragonborn is a male nord. i think they'll have the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood events being canon, but NOT the dragonborn doing it. the dragonborn is a hero, not a murderous thief. in canon, i'd say it'll be like this: the dragonborn defeats alduin, ends the civil war for the stormcloaks, stops harkon's plot with the dawnguard, and kills miraak.

the college of winterhold, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and possibly the companions will probably just be random events that happen while the dragonborn is active.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know, i'm hoping the stormcloak win is official, because i would like to see a stormcloak-redguard team up. and from all of the promo stuff we see for the game, the dragonborn is a male nord. i think they'll have the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood events being canon, but NOT the dragonborn doing it. the dragonborn is a hero, not a murderous thief. in canon, i'd say it'll be like this: the dragonborn defeats alduin, ends the civil war for the stormcloaks, stops harkon's plot with the dawnguard, and kills miraak.

the college of winterhold, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and possibly the companions will probably just be random events that happen while the dragonborn is active.
    well considering the end of the dark brotherhood missions and who you kill, it will be canon. that was just a major thing to do.

who woulda guessed orcs were such awesome cooks.

i did the dark brotherhood first, so my nord ws just "what have i gotten my self into!"

Deleted

I don't think so, they never made it so players actions and choices wouldn't matter before and they won't canonize the male nord noble hero dragonborn either. ES isn't exactly known for it's black and white personalities and hero vs villain themes. The Dragonborn will be remembered for hes/her deeds yes, like stopping Alduin but the eventual fate would most likely be decided in the last DLC. Oblivion player became Sheogorath and they are very obscure about hes or her other deeds and even race.

So yea, the canon DB could just as well be a murdering, thieving vampire who liked to burn down villages in hes or her spare time.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 06:01 PM ----------

who woulda guessed orcs were such awesome cooks.
    He tasted far better than hes meals unfortunately:P At least for my Dragonborn..

i used to do that myself. but now that i'm up around the 1300 hours played mark... i think i've done just about everything there is to be done....
    As massive as the game is, I find it hard to believe that there's over a thousand hours of things to do in it.

Also, I don't think there's ever a "canon" definition for WHO the protagonist of ES games is. As such, they're never confined to any race or gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i'd still say they won't have the person that killed alduin and saved the world being the same person that picks people's pockets for lols... it just doesn't make sense really... like, at all. i could see the college and the companions being the dragonborn, but dark brotherhood and thieves guild are just waaay too opposite of the main story.

i'd still say they won't have the person that killed alduin and saved the world being the same person that picks people's pockets for lols... it just doesn't make sense really... like, at all. i could see the college and the companions being the dragonborn, but dark brotherhood and thieves guild are just waaay too opposite of the main story.
    How so? Isn't Bethesda that one that says that you can be whatever you want/however you want?

Also, weren't some of the past Dragonborns too arrogant/power drunk etc? Who's to say one wouldn't want to see if he can get away with stealing people and what not?

Don't take me wrong, I find the idea silly too, but that's what I get from Bethesda at times...

well, there's guys like pelinal whitestrake. he'd go from being a hero to periods of homicidal madness. i mean, it's in the lore that dragonborn could be like that... but it just seems like bad writing :/