Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Thinking of starting a new game, haven't played since before any DLC has been released.

Was thinking someone who conjures his weapons (swords), with a strong companion (conjured).

Or maybe necro style. Are their life steal abilities? And can I summon more than one undead minion?

Any particular mods I should look out for? I think I remember one that totally redoes magic?

I'd get all DLC for it too.
    Some advice, don't do conjured weapons, it's just too hard, you use all your mana to summon weapons, then you have nothing to heal unless you want to be constantly buying or creating potions to chug. I actually had to reroll when I got to 19 because everything was just roflstomping me because I couldn't heal and attack. I tried a pet with it, just didn't work well.

Now vampires have life drain, so I'd bet it's available somewhere. I just haven't played it enough to know where it would've, maybe you have to be a vampy.

I don't have it on pc so I can't hep with mods.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    conjured weapons didnt seem like all that great when i gave it a try. u miss out on enchants

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

genn, he calls you the last dragonborn because that's the prophecy. we're supposed to be the last dragonborn, here for the soul purpose of stopping alduin after he re-emerges.

and schmittay, be careful with making a bound weapon character. last time i made one, some kind of bug happened and all of my perks stopped working T_T... though, i think it was because i was a redguard, not because i was using bound weapons.

thats lame, now to make the dragonborn immortal. *goes vamp*

problem solved.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 04:02 PM ----------

btw based on the lore of the dragonborn and who they use to market it

i assume it will lore wise be a nord, and lore wise the stormcloaks will win. I dont think your nord will betray other nords, the dark brotherhood quests will most likely be official and u kill an important person in the empire.

if there is more conflict in the empire it would make a more interesting elder scrolls 6.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-19 at 04:07 PM.

i don't know, i'm hoping the stormcloak win is official, because i would like to see a stormcloak-redguard team up. and from all of the promo stuff we see for the game, the dragonborn is a male nord. i think they'll have the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood events being canon, but NOT the dragonborn doing it. the dragonborn is a hero, not a murderous thief. in canon, i'd say it'll be like this: the dragonborn defeats alduin, ends the civil war for the stormcloaks, stops harkon's plot with the dawnguard, and kills miraak.

the college of winterhold, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and possibly the companions will probably just be random events that happen while the dragonborn is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i don't know, i'm hoping the stormcloak win is official, because i would like to see a stormcloak-redguard team up. and from all of the promo stuff we see for the game, the dragonborn is a male nord. i think they'll have the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood events being canon, but NOT the dragonborn doing it. the dragonborn is a hero, not a murderous thief. in canon, i'd say it'll be like this: the dragonborn defeats alduin, ends the civil war for the stormcloaks, stops harkon's plot with the dawnguard, and kills miraak.

the college of winterhold, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and possibly the companions will probably just be random events that happen while the dragonborn is active.
    well considering the end of the dark brotherhood missions and who you kill, it will be canon. that was just a major thing to do.

who woulda guessed orcs were such awesome cooks.

i did the dark brotherhood first, so my nord ws just "what have i gotten my self into!"

I don't think so, they never made it so players actions and choices wouldn't matter before and they won't canonize the male nord noble hero dragonborn either. ES isn't exactly known for it's black and white personalities and hero vs villain themes. The Dragonborn will be remembered for hes/her deeds yes, like stopping Alduin but the eventual fate would most likely be decided in the last DLC. Oblivion player became Sheogorath and they are very obscure about hes or her other deeds and even race.

So yea, the canon DB could just as well be a murdering, thieving vampire who liked to burn down villages in hes or her spare time.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    who woulda guessed orcs were such awesome cooks.
    He tasted far better than hes meals unfortunately:P At least for my Dragonborn..

i used to do that myself. but now that i'm up around the 1300 hours played mark... i think i've done just about everything there is to be done....
    As massive as the game is, I find it hard to believe that there's over a thousand hours of things to do in it.

Also, I don't think there's ever a "canon" definition for WHO the protagonist of ES games is. As such, they're never confined to any race or gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

i'd still say they won't have the person that killed alduin and saved the world being the same person that picks people's pockets for lols... it just doesn't make sense really... like, at all. i could see the college and the companions being the dragonborn, but dark brotherhood and thieves guild are just waaay too opposite of the main story.

i'd still say they won't have the person that killed alduin and saved the world being the same person that picks people's pockets for lols... it just doesn't make sense really... like, at all. i could see the college and the companions being the dragonborn, but dark brotherhood and thieves guild are just waaay too opposite of the main story.
    How so? Isn't Bethesda that one that says that you can be whatever you want/however you want?

Also, weren't some of the past Dragonborns too arrogant/power drunk etc? Who's to say one wouldn't want to see if he can get away with stealing people and what not?

Don't take me wrong, I find the idea silly too, but that's what I get from Bethesda at times...

well, there's guys like pelinal whitestrake. he'd go from being a hero to periods of homicidal madness. i mean, it's in the lore that dragonborn could be like that... but it just seems like bad writing :/

well, there's guys like pelinal whitestrake. he'd go from being a hero to periods of homicidal madness. i mean, it's in the lore that dragonborn could be like that... but it just seems like bad writing :/
    Why? If you haven't noticed every TES protagonist starts out as a prisoner. Doesn't being in the prison imply that they aren't such goody two-shoes to begin with?

Besides, Bethesda does not write your story, you do! They only write the main quest and possibly DLC parts and add it to the canon lore but your motivations for doing it could be anything. You can play as an evil murdering jerk who puts poisons in peoples pockets for laughs.. or even just be a normal person and get caught in all of it.

oh i know, my story is my own. that's why i never do the main quest when i'm gonna play a bad character. and the dragonborn may start out as a prisoner, but that's just because he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. they weren't trying to be bad, they just got caught in the stormcloak mess. lokir was a thief, but even he wouldn't have gotten caught had it not been for the stormcloaks.

but what i meant, is like, if they're gonna say the dragonborn stopped alduin, it just doesn't really fit to have him also being a bad guy. bieng the world saving hero and the murderous thief just doesn't mesh imo.

oh i know, my story is my own. that's why i never do the main quest when i'm gonna play a bad character. and the dragonborn may start out as a prisoner, but that's just because he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. they weren't trying to be bad, they just got caught in the stormcloak mess. lokir was a thief, but even he wouldn't have gotten caught had it not been for the stormcloaks.

but what i meant, is like, if they're gonna say the dragonborn stopped alduin, it just doesn't really fit to have him also being a bad guy. bieng the world saving hero and the murderous thief just doesn't mesh imo.
    He could've killed him for his ''glory'' or just to test himself, or maybe for the spoils such a feat could bring, you never know

There is no profit to be made in the destruction of the world.

And particularly evil characters might prefer the world ends on their terms, not because of some stuck up time dragon god.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

oh i could totally see a bad guy killing alduin. the problem is the way the story up to the killing is. you don't act like a bad guy at all... you can't make it seem like you're in it for your own reasons and you can't tell delphine to go blow, all you can really do is act like a student to the greybeards and act like a comrade to delphine. the story just sets itself up as more of a hero story.

oh i could totally see a bad guy killing alduin. the problem is the way the story up to the killing is. you don't act like a bad guy at all... you can't make it seem like you're in it for your own reasons and you can't tell delphine to go blow, all you can really do is act like a student to the greybeards and act like a comrade to delphine. the story just sets itself up as more of a hero story.
    Look at it as a technical limitation. The game simply isn't advanced enough to account for what you want.

Hopefully we will get a TES game one day that allows for many more story possibilities.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Hopefully we will get a TES game one day that allows for many more story possibilities.
    And fitting consequences that have major and tangible ramifications!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And fitting consequences that have major and tangible ramifications!
    Dare to dream, brother!

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

As far as what the Dragonborn does being canon? Well, from what I've read the TES canon is pretty messy. There is also contradictory accounts, like how Tiber became emperor. So while it would be a lot for one guy to do, "lore" seems rather grey about what folks will, or won't, do.

All the mentions lately, in-game, of Hammerfell mercenaries being about? I wouldn't be surprised if Redguard mostly takes place within Skyrim too. Maybe Hammerfell invades Skyrim?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.