Deleted
    I think the emperor dies anyway. The DB and other faction chains have always become canon before. I know the player can "destroy" the Dark Brotherhood but in truth you only destroy the false DB under Astrid. Cicero will be at Dawnstar sanctuary with the night mother then, who will pick another listener and the emperor will be killed anyway. Otherwise they would have made it so you could completely wipe them out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    The Empire still stands. Killing the Emperor was just business. Were it Ulfric instead I would have done it for free and have taken my time.
    I think the idea of killing the Emperor to shake up the leadership of the Empire was one of the central themes of that whole quest-line anyway. The question is, is it for the better? Actually, "is it for the better" is what stops me from feeling enthusiastic about most factions and guilds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I think the emperor dies anyway. The DB and other faction chains have always become canon before. I know the player can "destroy" the Dark Brotherhood but in truth you only destroy the false DB under Astrid. Cicero will be at Dawnstar sanctuary with the night mother then, who will pick another listener and the emperor will be killed anyway. Otherwise they would have made it so you could completely wipe them out.
    Right.

Additionally, I play my character as an instrument of change. When killing Alduin, it was to fulfill my purpose; "What better reason to act than to act on destiny?" If an event is going to happen, and I am able to facilitate that happening, then I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Not to mention you don't get to kill Babette.

Sure, it's obviously because Bethesda doesn't want the moral guardians crying out over their child murdering simulator, but in game we can still deduce that she survives and lends a hand in revitalizing the Dark Brotherhood without the dragonborn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still kind of surprised that Beth didn't include a Dragonborn faction for the civil war. As long as the new Dragonborn was a Nord, I could see it being a natural third option for at least Whiterun. Maybe even marry with widowed queen. Seemed kind of obvious to me actually. Maybe it would have been just too hard to implement.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

the dragonborn should become the high queen/king of skyrim. i mean... we're basically a mix of tiber septim and pelinal whitestrake, we're obviously the best candidate. ulfric is a bit stupid, and elisif isn't even her own woman, faulk firebeard and general tullius would basically be the high kings if elisif is chosen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    the dragonborn should become the high queen/king of skyrim. i mean... we're basically a mix of tiber septim and pelinal whitestrake, we're obviously the best candidate. ulfric is a bit stupid, and elisif isn't even her own woman, faulk firebeard and general tullius would basically be the high kings if elisif is chosen.
    The last DLC is rumored to finish the civil war and the Thalmor war storylines. Besides, the DB can't become the emperor but hes or her children might for obvious reasons. They can get away with saying an unknown hero of obscure gender and race did this and that but not with putting him/her in a position of authority, such as a king or an emperor.

Well, unless they make becoming a vampire or some such canon so they can say only the closest advisors knew who it really was and the DB was never seen in public. But then again, the elves might win and found a new aldmeri dominion so no one gets to be the king/queen of Skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    I've pondered that we might see some sort of war conclusion with Redguard because of how the guards keep referring to all the Hammerfell mercenaries walking around. Somebody must be hiring them. I ponder that we may not see Hammerfell at all and the Redguard are simply the main faction present in that dlc.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

omg... i just realized something about redguard. we might finally know who was telling the truth. the alik'r or saadia.

and sirrobin, they're talking about the alik'r. even after you do the quest, they still comment on the mercs looking for saadia.

I get why people say the Dragonborn should rule skyrim but...ut makes no sense. Sure he's a hero who saved the world, doesn't mean you get to rule a country. All the dragonborn knows how to do is fight and kills dragons, I doubt he/she has any idea or experience on what it takes to lead a country, both politically, economically and militarily.

Also keep in mind the dragonborn would have to be nord as well as have some claim to the throne (ie. Be a jarl)

This would be the dargonborn after getting the seat of high king

by the time that the dragonborn would be made queen/king, they would already have experience in military action, experience in skyrim politics, and more combat experience than just about any other person in tamriel. the dragonborn would clearly be a better option for high queen than elisif, who can't even negotiate properly without tullius to guide her...

i don't think you give your character enough credit. all of her/his experiences are about the same as tiber septim's experiences, of course she/he hasn't lead armies yet. the only problem is the required canon race and gender.

The Dragonborn would be a good Emperor/High King/High Queen for the same reason he would be good at anything else.

An ability called "Being the Protagonist".

10+ Year Old Account
    SO the civil war will be over?

so i guess lore wise the stormcloaks won so far? because with out ulfric there is no storm cloaks really. so basically, the empire would just send in more generals to continue the fight

also

DIE THALMOR DIE

Main characters don't end up ruling any major piece of land in Elder Scrolls. Ever. Otherwise we would have a lineage of emperors that would rival the Septims following from the Champion of Cyrodiil's bloodline. And Morrowind and Cyrodiil would crush literally anything in their path between the Champion of Cyrodiil and the Nerevarine and the Aldmeri would never have left the Summerset Isles.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Actually I think there is a small chance of the dragonborn becoming an emperor. When doing the last Dark Brotherhood quest, I noticed something odd.. Titus Mede II, before he died mentioned something about players ambitions and asked for a favor to kill Amaund Motierre. What other possible ambition would killing him fulfill?

Has anyone noticed that there is no Jyggalag quest in Skyrim by the way? I had completely forgotten about him but isn't he (the most powerful) daedric prince now?

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm i found a journal in a dungeon today... talked about how her people were killed by the empire and her nation attacked and that all should be destroyed... Skyrim included, it seemed to be from the opinion of a redguard
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    SO the civil war will be over?

so i guess lore wise the stormcloaks won so far? because with out ulfric there is no storm cloaks really. so basically, the empire would just send in more generals to continue the fight

also

DIE THALMOR DIE
    I'm not sure how it's guaranteed that the Stormcloaks won. Has there been official cannon established yet?

While being a stormcloak supporter I also hope they win solely on the fact that I think it would make things more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I'm not sure how it's guaranteed that the Stormcloaks won. Has there been official cannon established yet?

no, but if redguard continues the civil war, I dont see how the storm cloaks would continue with out ulfric

so general T might be defeated. does not mean the end of empire. plus if the storm cloaks win, all the old jarls you replace still live in solitude

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    no, but if redguard continues the civil war, I dont see how the storm cloaks would continue with out ulfric

so general T might be defeated. does not mean the end of empire. plus if the storm cloaks win, all the old jarls you replace still live in solitude
    Well, no, it would pick up depending on where you left it. If you sided with the Stormcloaks it would have them allying with the Redguards. If you sided with the Empire, they would be the ones allying with the Redguards. They wouldn't force the player into a specific outcome that they didn't pick. That would ruin the entire point of the civil war quest line.

If it's a new game, then they could have the Empire reaching out to the Redguards covertly in order to take out the Aldmeri Dominion. There's justification for Stormcloak and Empire victories.