10+ Year Old Account
    ^Hate it when that happens. Do this:
    setstage <quest ID> <stage #>

Here's a list of the quest stages for that one: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Way_of_the_Voice

setstage MQ105 100 will probably do the trick. If not, setstage MQ105 160 should finish the quest entirely. Was that what you had tried?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a bug where the big tree in whiterun disappears. If I reinstall the mods the tree comes back but then randomly disappears in the future again. Not a big glitch but kind of funny. Used the The Paarthurnax Dilemma to get by the one Blade quest.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

quick question about smithing. I've made the dragon bone warhammer. Then I took it to the grind stone to improve it. Will the result of that grind stone improve always be the same or is it rng?

Its based on your current smithing skill, so drink potions before you improve stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    ^Hate it when that happens. Do this:
    setstage <quest ID> <stage #>

Here's a list of the quest stages for that one: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Way_of_the_Voice

setstage MQ105 100 will probably do the trick. If not, setstage MQ105 160 should finish the quest entirely. Was that what you had tried?
    So I went back to an earlier save before I set foot in High Hrothgar and bypassed the quest entirely and added the dragon shouts I would have gotten via console command. Arngeir seems to be acting appropriately but the others all seem to break whatever they are doing to wander back to the main hall and create a clone for me to shout at.

Here's hoping that behavior rectifies itself by the time I complete the next quest. *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its based on your current smithing skill, so drink potions before you improve stuff.
    What if i'm already 100 smithing? And can you also recommend an enchant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    What if i'm already 100 smithing? And can you also recommend an enchant?
    Drinking potions will increase your smithing efficacy, even if you're at level 100. So a person who can improve a piece of dragon bone armor by 100% who drinks a +25% potion will be able to improve the armor by 125%. Armor enchants also have an effect, regardless of whether or not you're at 100 smithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Drinking potions will increase your smithing efficacy, even if you're at level 100. So a person who can improve a piece of dragon bone armor by 100% who drinks a +25% potion will be able to improve the armor by 125%. Armor enchants also have an effect, regardless of whether or not you're at 100 smithing.
    Is their a max to this? cause i can console command my way pretty high I think

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well I've run into an interesting bug...

Doing the quest "The Way of The Voice" where the Greybeards have you use the level two unrelenting force on their magic clones. I can't hit the clones. With anything. They appear, I shout, nothing happens, they vanish after a few seconds.

I honestly can't think of anything I'm running that might cause this other than SkyRe, but I'm pretty sure that's not it since I've run two characters through the main quest and they had no problems since I started using it.

Is anyone any good with using console commands to skip quests? I tried setting the quest to the next stage but Borri and Arngeir both stay in the main hall with Arngeir telling me to shout at the clones and Borri forever conjuring clones.
    Did you update to 0.99.23, but not to 0.99.23.2? becasue 0.99.23 added an immunity to all damage to ethereals, and 0.99.23.2 had something among fixing a bug realted to the greybeard's images being immune to damage. But I managed to complete it even with that: The immunity fades on the last second before they vanish, if you shout then you'll get credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    what new stuff do you hope they add in the new red guard dlc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Is their a max to this? cause i can console command my way pretty high I think
    Without console commands or mods I've managed to get 66% improved on enchants (4 pieces) and 216% potion. There is no max except for what game mechanics allow without the use of "cheats", as it were.

On another subject; am I the only one who thinks this game is mind-numbingly boring past level 20-25 and the whereabouts? It's just so retardedly easy, and master difficulty isn't even that much harder than novice (4x damage taken and 1/4x damage done). It makes little to no difference when you're armor capped with chest armor alone and a power attack one shots everything in sight. Some of the story arcs are admittedly amazing, and I really enjoy that part of the game, but I don't see it lasting without a real challenge once you progress in the game. Adding to that, general character and combat mechanics are really clunky and amazingly biased toward a thief or warrior playstyle, with only having two spells at any given time and gameplay feeling really wierd with changing them all the time - not to mention the damage difference. Then there's the problem with running out of major storylines at around level 50. Am I the only one who was bothered about doing the last 31 levels without having any lore or story interaction to enjoy?

I like optimizing the way I play games, no matter what it is. Whether it's pokemon, top tier wow raiding, skyrim or mario kart, I cannot enjoy it properly if I skip parts of the game or play it poorly with indifference. I just wished that Skyrim had a challenge and some proper enjoyment to offer to someone like me. I really don't see the point in "master" difficulty being doable with gear drops without even improving them, let alone the usage of potions and effective follower synergy. Why does the game offer this plethora of tools to make your character an absolute übermensch if it serves no purpose? I don't maximise so that I can plough through everything on the "hard"est difficulty without posing a threat, I do it because I expect the game to expect it of me to overcome the toughest challenges present in the game.

A while back I took out a few hours to make a sort of ultimate version of the play style that I figured would be among the most effective, it's a light armor block 1h combo with highly defensive enchants, restoration mana reduction and bow for ranged combat. My stats are:

-Around 2000 armor (567 is the 80% reduction cap)
    -Block cap (85% when blocking)
    -82% magic resist (on gear, another 50% when blocking, 30% from alteration perk, 15% from agent of mara, 85% is the cap). Because I haven't been able to find out which are additive and which are mutliplicative and which work past the cap, I went the safe route, especially since 80 perk points is way past what you need for my play style.
    -76% fire/frost/lightning resist (85% cap). One piece each with the enchant, stacks multiplicatively with magic resist, making me resist at least 97% of all magic damage in total.
    -0% restoration mana cost(from chest and head, totaling 3 enchants).
    -132% archery, dragonbone bow improved to around 1100 damage, with chaos and fire damage enchants, 250 and 93 damage respectively.
    -264% one-handed, dragonbone sword improved to around 1550 damage, dragonbone mace to around 1650 (for highly armored foes), same enchants as the bow.

Beginning a fight by summoning a storm thrall, having a tailored follower with gear pimped to the same level as mine, casting dragonhide, dragon aspect and battle fury, using one handed potion just poses 0 challenge. I realise going to these lenghts is far past overkill, but playing like this is offered to us by the game, why shouldn't it have a purpose? I've enjoyed many parts of Skyrim immensely, it just quite hastily ended when both the challenge and immersive quest/story-lines were gone, well before I was sated with the game. What I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm disappointed by the apparent non-existence of a proper end-game in Skyrim, does anybody feel the same way I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    snip
    i cant say much im new to the series and played on easy

but miraak must have crapped himself when he saw u

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    what new stuff do you hope they add in the new red guard dlc?
    What I would like most is for them to do some cleanup. Like making the Hearthfire homes more castle-like. Being able to hire servants and guards for them. Make Sky Haven Temple, Fort Dawnguard, and Castle Volkihar more upgrade-able and such. Finally put other stuff in the "studded" category for smithing, etc, etc...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want a real spell for bringing back npcs. (not a mod spell, forever a 360)

i want a real spell for bringing back npcs. (not a mod spell, forever a 360)
    your companions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    your companions?

more like shop keepers that vampires killed

r.i.p belethor

more like shop keepers that vampires killed

r.i.p belethor
    Hah, I actually would rather they stay dead. It makes the world seem more dynamic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hah, I actually would rather they stay dead. It makes the world seem more dynamic.
    yeah but

then dragon cultists killed the war maiden family

I DONT HAVE A REASON TO STAY IN WHITE RUN.... especially since i betrayed balgruf... aka jarl ballin

that's one of the main reasons i rarely ever side with the stormcloaks. jarl brogruuf is just too awesome.

anyway, i just hope redguard will finally give us the truth about saadia. and maybe a continuation of the lusty argonian maid series... i do quite enjoy them >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    that's one of the main reasons i rarely ever side with the stormcloaks. jarl brogruuf is just too awesome.

anyway, i just hope redguard will finally give us the truth about saadia. and maybe a continuation of the lusty argonian maid series... i do quite enjoy them >.>
    I really tried to make him go stormcloak.... i just used my fists when fighting him. I DIDNT WANNA HURT HIM!

Jarl Ballin was the best

btw i know all the jarls u over throw live in solidude when u go stormcloak, where do they go when ur pro empire?
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-25 at 03:30 PM.