Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm keeping an eye on http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31675 , it looks like this tool should be able to salvage any save game and keep your progress intact, without needing to fiddle with mods.
    Somehow I doubt doing that is a good idea. It just deletes all the scripts from the save including the ones that are supposed to be there, related to quests, companions etc. Maybe it's for those who just want to finish the game and the save becomes completely unplayable and just crashes but long term it would create more problems than in fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Somehow I doubt doing that is a good idea. It just deletes all the scripts from the save including the ones that are supposed to be there, related to quests, companions etc. Maybe it's for those who just want to finish the game and the save becomes completely unplayable and just crashes but long term it would create more problems than in fixes.
    At least there's a giant warning there. I have a save I use solely for testing and it's corrupted as all hell (still playable, but tons of old traces of mods). I might try it on that save.

Deleted
    Just reporting back on my experiences with a "Pacifist" run of the Thieves Guild which I finished recently. It is doable, although having a high level of sneak skill is handy. In some of the more difficult missions you can cause "accidents" to happen, that kill enemies but don't count towards your kill counter. The biggest issue is the boss of Irkngthand - even the name is a mouthful.

Basically the game traps you in a large room with a tall statue and forces you to kill the boss, but there is a way to avoid killing himif you only care about the kill counter. There are several boulders lying around on the ground floor of the room, and in the shallow water, which if run into can cause damage. The trick is to knock his health down to a low level then try to lure him into running into one of these. It took quite some time for me, as he often heals immediately if he gets close to death. And it only works when he runs. He frequently does this after fighting you briefly, before going invisible and running a circuit of the room. I ended up killing him quite by accident - I didn't even notice there was a second boulder in his path, which he ran into. It took me about twenty minutes, but yes, doable.

I didn't have any shouts with me, but I think using the Force Unrelenting shout and knocking him off the top of the statue could also work.

I think I've been playing too much I'm starting to forget which characters have done what. I can't for the life of me remember what my high elf mage did that would cause the Solitude guards to attack him on sight, but it was apparently so long ago that loading a 5 level old save still had them shooting at me the second they saw me.

Sounds like CoD prestige to me.

Deleted
    That legendary system sounds interesting.

• Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

• Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again

I think you can only "upgrade" you skills to legendary once per different skill. So basically you can´t infinitely use this to give you more levels. At least that´s what this description says me.

Also this patch will be the end of Oghma Infinium leveling and somehow I am happy about it because after using the glitch on level 20 you ended up with pretty hard enemies and without proper weapon and gear (which you normally don´t have at that level) it get´s really tedious. I made that mistake once when I used the glitch to level my warrior from 22 to 81 and suddenly could not even defeat a simple bear .

10+ Year Old Account
    just started my altmer mage

should i go into heavy armor?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

should i go into heavy armor?
    I think if your gonna go with armor light would be better for mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you plan to be a traditional ranged mage, use light armor. Use heavy armor if you plan on being a battle mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    If you plan to be a traditional ranged mage, use light armor. Use heavy armor if you plan on being a battle mage.
    Ok.

Also i keep reading that after 40 destruction kinda sucks. any suggestions? so far im destruction and conjure

Ok.

Also i keep reading that after 40 destruction kinda sucks. any suggestions? so far im destruction and conjure
    do you use mods? there are some magic mods that make magic in general much better gameplay

but the unmodded destruction is underwhelming at later levels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    do you use mods? there are some magic mods that make magic in general much better gameplay

but the unmodded destruction is underwhelming at later levels
    forever on 360

does summoning stuff make up for most of it?

summoning does alright, magic is still overall not very good in my opinion but you can certainly get through the game with it

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah im doing it as a play style ive never really done and its altmer for a reason. already did nord warrior, will prob make redguard assassin next

in terms of gear, what should i look for? just enchantments?
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-03-09 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah im doing it as a play style ive never really done and its altmer for a reason. already did nord warrior, will prob make redguard assassin next

in terms of gear, what should i look for? just enchantments?
    Level enchanting and alchemy from the get-go. You should be able to craft gear to reduce cost in any school by 100% very quickly. When you're at that stage, you can't really lose. Destruction levels up much quicker than any traditional combat skills, so at 75 you can buy expert spells which is pretty much as good as it gets, master take way too long to cast, the lightning one might be worth it for bosses. It's fine, just slower than weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Level enchanting and alchemy from the get-go. You should be able to craft gear to reduce cost in any school by 100% very quickly. When you're at that stage, you can't really lose. Destruction levels up much quicker than any traditional combat skills, so at 75 you can buy expert spells which is pretty much as good as it gets, master take way too long to cast, the lightning one might be worth it for bosses. It's fine, just slower than weapons.
    Get up to 100 and you can reduce the cost of two schools by 100%. I like to do either Conjuration or Destruction with Restoration being the secondary enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    so far so good on my high elf guy.

any one else ever wonder this, for a game called SKYrim, we spend a lot of time under ground

so far so good on my high elf guy.

any one else ever wonder this, for a game called SKYrim, we spend a lot of time under ground
    And if Redguard does come out, I expect you'll be waiting for a giant hammer to fall somewhere?

Dude saying magic is overrated is SEVERELY tripping. I dont stack any melee or damage mitigation because at a certain point you one hit almost everything with a double power attack. But magic resist is awesome because the first time you see a Master Necromancer or Fire Mage he will almost 1 hit you. Plus magic casters scurry around like crazy never stopping, it grinds my gears.

I just stack magic resist so I can withstand the OOM they give when charging at them for the first 3 seconds. Then its whack whack whack and their dead.

I prefer melee myself but my sister does magic and it seems WAY funner, except the fact that theres like no sneaking with magic.

But in my experience magic is OP. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    And if Redguard does come out, I expect you'll be waiting for a giant hammer to fall somewhere?
    It wasn't really more or less windy in Morrowind, now was it?