10+ Year Old Account
    Played Skyrim long ago. If I buy the Legendary edition, is there a simple / easy way to improve it with add-ons? In the past I remember there were A LOT of addons, I was hoping you guys could suggest 2-3 big ones maybe or some add-on packs, if there are such things.
    I plan to play a caster btw.

Well, installation of any mod is really straightforward with nexus mod manager at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/, mods there can be sorted by type/popularity, sadly I'm not up to date with Skyrim mods, been playing Morrowind overhaul for quite some time.

Like i stated earlier in this thread i have lots of mods now and i downloaded them and then installed them with Nexus Mod Manager, however i feel like some mods are missing and some are not working. When i enter the mod configuration meny only 2 mods appear, iHud and SKYUI. Any way to check if all mods are working (i just started a save.) ?

What are the must have mods for skyrim? I dont wanna really stray off from the game though i wanna do the games story line.

the games main story line is not the strength of the game. I mean you can approach it how you want but the best part of the game is just going off to do whatever you have a fancy to.

Such as? I am doing stuff like enchanting and blacksmithing.

exploration, guild quests, all of the side quests, picking daises, spelunking, housekeeping, stealing, pillaging, murder

there is quite a bit of freedom in the game

If you cant absolutely decide what to do, close your eyes and turn around randomly and maybe couple jumps, ect. Then go forward and explore what you encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so like, i've been messing around with skyrim again and reading ALL teh books and trying to get all of the shouts and stuff. but while i was looking for shout locations on the wiki, i noticed a lot of the word walls mention a decree of the "hoar father". so, anyone who is more versed in the elder scrolls lore know anything about this dude? i've seen "hoar" before in this thing about kyne, but i can't remember what that was.

is it just some atmoran belief or something? the world walls are old as the hills and written in draconic, so it's obvious they're made during and shortly after the first defeat of alduin.
    Its probably the Dragon-Priest Ahzidal. Ahzidal was the first well known Nord Enchanter. He learned a lot about Enchanting and magic in a act of revenge against a group of elves that burned down his home. After that, he became so lustful for all things magic that he became a Dragon Priest in search of more power. This may have brought madness, causing the other Priests to exile him to Solstheim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    exploration, guild quests, all of the side quests, picking daises, spelunking, housekeeping, stealing, pillaging, murder

there is quite a bit of freedom in the game
    the one thing ive never seen anyone do ingame is use the mining pick and do some mining.. if they need a certain material they usually just buy it

i know its possible with so many mines and such but its like the one feature they added everyone ignores

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    the one thing ive never seen anyone do ingame is use the mining pick and do some mining.. if they need a certain material they usually just buy it

i know its possible with so many mines and such but its like the one feature they added everyone ignores

I wouldn't say everyone. I know I personally have mined because I can't be assed to run around to every merchant to get the ore I need in order to build my house or make whatever I wanted to smith. Seemed like it would be a better yield to find a mine of the ore I needed and clear it out.

Magic is alota fun to use. Should i be sticking with that college of winterhold place and train the levels?

Why is destruction so piss weak only way to make it work is combining it with other schools of magic who could be bothered with that.

Deleted
    Not with skyre

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Why is destruction so piss weak only way to make it work is combining it with other schools of magic who could be bothered with that.
    Need to DL some new magic mods. Essentially in Morrowind Magic was amazingly OP, and Bethesda has been kind of scared of that happening again since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Magic does not scale at all in Vanilla, so you have to use SkyRe or other Overhaul Mods. I'm playing a Ranger right now, with SkyRe it scales pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Like i stated earlier in this thread i have lots of mods now and i downloaded them and then installed them with Nexus Mod Manager, however i feel like some mods are missing and some are not working. When i enter the mod configuration meny only 2 mods appear, iHud and SKYUI. Any way to check if all mods are working (i just started a save.) ?
    You can try running BOSS and see if you are getting any errors.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6/?

Hey guys brand new to the game quick question about mods. I know to get the Skyrim UI and the one that adds extra detail to the map (well those were the two I was told I need to get) but what other mods are good to have?

Sorry if there is a list I am missing I assume ye get asked these questions alot here:P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Hey guys brand new to the game quick question about mods. I know to get the Skyrim UI and the one that adds extra detail to the map (well those were the two I was told I need to get) but what other mods are good to have?

Sorry if there is a list I am missing I assume ye get asked these questions alot here:P
    You need all of the unofficial patches to fix the game, any visual mods to make the game prettier if your computer can handle it, and then a magic overhaul if you want to go that route. Those are really the only ones you 'have' to have. The rest are on how refined or different you want your play to be. Either browse the nexus for the highest rated mods of all time or do the same in the Steam Market. That's the best way to start.
    BAD WOLF

Thanks Kelimbror. I seen the unofficial patches but wasn't sure if they were for some extras or actually required to fix bugs. Also thanks for the magic overhaul will definitely get that one !