15+ Year Old Account

Avenging Wrath - Honest Question

Okay, so I'm leveling up a new paladin and I just got her to level 72 and got my wings after a few bells rang.

And I was going through my two specs... noticed both Prot and Ret have talents that reduce the cooldown to 2 minutes... and they're both "no duh" talents that make it obvious that you should take them. Then I looked over at the Holy tree and saw that it, too, had a talent that reduces the cooldown to 2 minutes... and it's a pretty "no duh" talent as well.

So I was thinking... if no matter what... when you're level 72... you're going to have a 2 minute cooldown for the spell...... why isn't the base cooldown just 2 minutes? Honestly. It seems silly.

cuz blizzard doesn't like us anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Best reason I can come up with, is because while ultimately they all reduce the cooldown to 2 minutes, Holy takes 2 talent points and Prot/Ret takes 3 talent points to do so. So there's an illusion of choice there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they also, depending on your spec, give another added effect to the talent. I find the holy one rather interesting though. Really helpful when glyphed in AoE fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    Well, they also, depending on your spec, give another added effect to the talent. I find the holy one rather interesting though. Really helpful when glyphed in AoE fights.
    Lol what???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    Do you mean Holy Wrath or have I misunderstood you?